Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98870 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:27am On Jul 20, 2023
williams20:
Hello techies,
Please I want to ask a question and I want a very objective and honest report . Do the 02 spacers sold everywhere now WORK? my honda Pilot 07 has been drinking my fuel for the last one month and it's abnormal, codes keep pointing to catalyst efficiency and also the 02 sensors , I want to know if the spacers will really do the job or just a waste of money

Scan your car for error codes. If you have catalytic converter issues, you may get spacers. Some cars don't accept spacers
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by johnson4nosa(m): 6:34am On Jul 20, 2023
Thanks man
Dozieson:

Go and buy same oil for top up. No risk at all. Make sure it is at the guage on the dipstick. Don't over full the engine with oil
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Bright2(m): 10:11am On Jul 20, 2023
Good morning all, pls hel , my 2007 Honda pilot do shorts oil and I do top it up for like 9 years . Now the engine fires well but it only smokes when on reverse with engine vibrating . Catalytic converter has been removed completely as it has expired. Two cylinder now doesn't fire any more but the plugs and ignition coils where proved ok . No gear issues . Is it adviceable to work on the engine? If yes where do I start from? Thank you.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by hupo: 10:51am On Jul 20, 2023
Hello everyone,
Is it possible to get the bushing in the pix attached replaced. It is located on the rear subframe of 2008 lexus rx350. Note: the problem is with the bushing only, the structure is still ok devoid of any rust. Thanks.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by hello66: 11:54am On Jul 20, 2023
oluayebenz:

I know someone experiencing this same issue up till now with his MDX 09.

He has changed....
Kick starter
Temperature sensor etc
Anything changeable and still no solution.

And his engine is still steaming fine.
He his tired and exhausted. Already parked the car.

Car do not have any fault code but he's suspecting if the engine bearing is faulty.
Maybe that's the problem, he's just tired.

Any solution to yours?

Car is driving good and will only start when engine is cool, sometimes luckily it start when hot, but na luck o.

Good day
Did your friend later got solution?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by oluayebenz: 12:06pm On Jul 20, 2023
hello66:

Good day
Did your friend later got solution?

Nope

Still on the matter.

Did you?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Felakezman(m): 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2023
Good afternoon guys..I scanned my car and I got this code for Camry 03

P0113
P0102
P0420
P0016

Pls house need your advice before kazeem tell me otherwise
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by hello66: 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2023
oluayebenz:

Nope

Still on the matter.

Did you?

I kept changing kick upto 5 to 6 kicks untill the 7th kick solved the issues
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by oluayebenz: 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2023
hello66:

I kept changing kick upto 5 to 6 kicks untill the 7th kick solved the issues

Seriously

So Kickstarter is the problem.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 2:59pm On Jul 20, 2023
Bright2:
Good morning all, pls hel , my 2007 Honda pilot do shorts oil and I do top it up for like 9 years . Now the engine fires well but it only smokes when on reverse with engine vibrating . Catalytic converter has been removed completely as it has expired. Two cylinder now doesn't fire any more but the plugs and ignition coils where proved ok . No gear issues . Is it adviceable to work on the engine? If yes where do I start from? Thank you.

I would advise you replace engine or sell the car. 9 yrs of toping oil no be beans. Remember to inform prospective buyers of the issue
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Flintstone06(m): 5:42pm On Jul 20, 2023
My volvo xc90 06 shows break failure on dashboard.

Checked break pad, okay
Checked break oil, okay
Checked the legs, no oil leakage.

What could be the issue with it?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by hello66: 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
Flintstone06:

Checked break pad, okay
Checked break oil, okay

Search and Contact valarinz sir
Ur problem will be solved
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by johnson4nosa(m): 8:17am On Jul 21, 2023
Good day Engineers please what does this signs showing in my dashboard mean?
Check and ABS

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:30am On Jul 21, 2023
Bright2:

If your technician is sure your coils and injectors are all functioning well, he and is sure he knows how to rebuild an has access to genuine parts, let him tear down the engine check for tolerances within the block cylinders and if it's within specs, let him rebuild. But I'd always advise for a replacement of engine.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:30am On Jul 21, 2023
Flintstone06:

Checked break pad, okay
Checked break oil, okay

Check if the servo unit and master is okay, check the ABS system via scan tool

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:32am On Jul 21, 2023
johnson4nosa:
Good day Engineers please what does this signs showing in my dashboard mean?
Check and ABS

1, Check engine light (scan to know why it came up)

2, ABS light (Check wheel bearing Or hub for clearance, then scan ABS system)

3, Tail light bulb burnt warning light (Check your tail light if any is burnt, replace with tokunbo bulb or original bulb).
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:33am On Jul 21, 2023
Dozieson:

I would advise you replace engine or sell the car. 9 yrs of toping oil no be beans. Remember to inform prospective buyers of the issue

Sell such a liability to who?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:37am On Jul 21, 2023
Felakezman:
Good afternoon guys..I scanned my car and I got this code for Camry 03

P0113
P0102
P0420
P0016

Pls house need your advice before kazeem tell me otherwise
For P0102 & P0013, check if the wiring is okay, if yes, replace the MAF.
For P0420, replace catalytic converter or install a spacer.
For P0016, check OCV and VVTi. If these are okay, ask your mechanic to do a timing job on that engine.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by NokiaN8(m): 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2023
Morning house, I am thinking of adding additional resonator to my car exhaust system to reduce the noise.. is don't have indomie any longer.. would the additional resonator reduce the noise and also would it reduce the fuel consumption? I want to learn from experience people in the house. Thank you

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2023
NokiaN8:
Morning house, I am thinking of adding additional resonator to my car exhaust system to reduce the noise.. is don't have indomie any longer.. would the additional resonator reduce the noise and also would it reduce the fuel consumption? I want to learn from experience people in the house. Thank you

I'm not an experienced person in this venture so I'd be observing.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by cowboyT: 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2023
kelechi50:
Hi guys, I travelled to Owerri last December with my car, on getting to Owerri my brakes started malfunctioning and I managed it to irate just like 3-4 kilometers to town

I parked near mechanic workshop and I got down from the car and called one mechanic to help me with the brakes and he told me to reverse and enter the workshop but the ignition key didn't turn again, we tried our best all to no avail.
I was told to look for key cutters still the same so we decided to break the key and I managed it to my house.
I later bought another complete steering with key and the electrician fitted it and I left the car with my mechanic because he was unable to finish the repairs

I personally locked the car with the follow come key (remote control) and handed it to the mechanic
The following day when I got there I don't know how or which of the keys he used to open the car and I called his attention to the central lock not working, my butt, fuel tank refuse to open and we break the fuel tank to enable me buy.

Mechanic said it will normalize but till January
Nothing happened, I called my electrician from Lagos and
he charged me 30k and I gave him 15k advance to come and repair it in Ondo but after collecting the money he started with one excuse or another till after election he blocked me and I can't reach him my wife called he promised before the end of April all to no avail.
His number is 08023966183
The central lock icon is on I can't lock the car neither can I open the butt since December till date, can someone help me,

Car Zafira 2008 model.

get the car manual and try to do a hard reset.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jammyboi(m): 11:17pm On Jul 21, 2023
Hello everyone,

my check engine light came on.
I got the p2238 code after scanning.
2007 Camry.
please what do I do next??
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:35pm On Jul 21, 2023
jammyboi:
Hello everyone,

my check engine light came on.
I got the p2238 code after scanning.
please what do I do next??

That code is normal for a 1947 john deree farm tractor
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jammyboi(m): 11:40pm On Jul 21, 2023
kingreign:

That code is normal for a 1947 john deree farm tractor
my bad, car is a 2007 Camry
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:01am On Jul 22, 2023
jammyboi:
my bad, car is a 2007 Camry

Replace A/F sensor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyv9pOtiWgM
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jammyboi(m): 7:04am On Jul 23, 2023
kingreign:

Replace A/F sensor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyv9pOtiWgM

thank you very much.
do you have any idea where I can get quality one please??.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:14am On Jul 23, 2023
jammyboi:

thank you very much.

do you have any idea where I can get quality one please??.

Your location matters
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2023
kingreign:

Your location matters
I have been using water to fill the radiator.
I don't know if it had effects.
Corolla 2011
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Ekpees: 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2023
Sir with your knowledge in car repairs which Honda civic model will you recommend that has little or no issues,reliability and excellent fuel efficient thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I have been using water to fill the radiator.
I don't know if it had effects.
Corolla 2011

Yes pls,
These are the effects of using only water in your car cooling system::

Water corrodes metal, it doesn't contain lubricant properties to lubricate the water pump, it contains deposits & minerals which block thin passages in cooling system, and water isn't sufficient as a coolant in extreme cold or hot temps.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ekpees:
Sir with your knowledge in car repairs which Honda civic model will you recommend that has little or no issues,reliability and excellent fuel efficient thanks

Civic are very reliable as long as they're well maintained. I'd always prefer a newer model car to am older model.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (129) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.