Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (97765 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Shevos2020(m): 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2023
How often did u service your transmission?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Shevos2020(m): 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2023
Coz most times some car user's don't know the the appropriate to services the transmission.
In that case if eventually the user as exceed the service interval then it start to developed issues like this .
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by hello66: 12:26am On Jul 04, 2023
onyii255:
Greetings my people..

I have an issue with my 2012 Camry. I noticed yesterday that the R sign on the dashboard blinks when I engage the reverse gear and the vehicle jerks when the reverse gear is engaged as well.

I don’t experience that kick when I shift to Drive, it only occurs when Reverse is engaged.

What’s could be the issue please??
Check ur engine sittings
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by hello66: 12:30am On Jul 04, 2023
Pls what could cause 2012
ACURA MDX TO BE DOING THESE

Kick has been changed (thou tokumbo kick staters)
Fuel pump changed
Earthing cables checked
Battery replaced to new ones

https://youtube.com/watch?v=C1iANYk8pzI&feature=share9

Need assistance on it

Cc: kingriegn

Gazzus

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:03am On Jul 04, 2023
Shevos2020:
How often did u service your transmission?

Depends on the car maker's recommendation. But if none, or if they claim lifetime, I advise 30-45k miles or 2 years.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by valarinz: 9:08am On Jul 04, 2023
jceesquare:

I feel you.
Imagine sending bill to a customer for alternator change on that car and customer looking at you as if you want to reap them off.
Na only God know wetin Valarinze like about that brand.

They're relatively easy to diagnose and fix

They're safe, all my years doing Volvo, I've not had a customer who had an accident in one and sustained bodily harm not to talk of death and believe me there's been so many incidents and many total wrecks

I don't have to worry about who's going to steal my car(this is what led me to discover the brand in the first place)

Cost of parts are also relatively cheap compared to most competitors

The drive performance is fantastic, good speed, good balance at high speeds and fantastic handling too

I don't like following the crowd, I prefer doing something different and excelling at it

Only problem now is, fg and NCS are trying their best to run us off the market, it costs double the figure to clear a Volvo XC90 now compared to say Highlander/pilot of same year and it keeps rising everytime. Same with the sedans and CUVs, the cost of clearing them are so high now it's looking like a deliberate conspiracy of some sorts

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:18am On Jul 04, 2023
valarinz:

They're relatively easy to diagnose and fix

They're safe, all my years doing Volvo, I've not had a customer who had an accident in one and sustained bodily harm not to talk of death and believe me there's been so many incidents and many total wrecks

I don't have to worry about who's going to steal my car(this is what led me to discover the brand in the first place)

Cost of parts are also relatively cheap compared to most competitors

The drive performance is fantastic, good speed, good balance at high speeds and fantastic handling too

I don't like following the crowd, I prefer doing something different and excelling at it

Only problem now is, fg and NCS are trying their best to run us off the market, it costs double the figure to clear a Volvo XC90 now compared to say Highlander/pilot of same year and it keeps rising everytime. Same with the sedans and CUVs, the cost of clearing them are so high now it's looking like a deliberate conspiracy of some sorts
I intentionally mentioned you cos you're the only Volvo die hard fan I've known on this space cheesy.
No doubt Volvo is a better car (just like most European cars) when compared to their Japanese counterpart (I don't understand the craze with Asian brands honestly).
But from a mechanic point of view, it's not profitable to work on.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by TeeSha(m): 10:46am On Jul 04, 2023
Good day everyone. I recently bought a Nigerian used Honda EOD and the engine was smoking after servicing. So i asked the mechanic to buy a tokumbo engine. After two weeks of him "working on it" i took delivery of the car yesterday. While driving home, i noticed the car wouldn't exceed 20mph/gear 2 and it jerks once in a while. One of the engine mount/sitting is bad. COuld this be as a result of that or any other underlying cause?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:59am On Jul 04, 2023
TeeSha:
Good day everyone. I recently bought a Nigerian used Honda EOD and the engine was smoking after servicing. So i asked the mechanic to buy a tokumbo engine. After two weeks of him "working on it" i took delivery of the car yesterday. While driving home, i noticed the car wouldn't exceed 20mph/gear 2 and it jerks once in a while. One of the engine mount/sitting is bad. COuld this be as a result of that or any other underlying cause?

Was the car experiencing this acceleration issue before work was done on the car?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by TeeSha(m): 11:17am On Jul 04, 2023
kingreign:

Was the car experiencing this acceleration issue before work was done on the car?
No boss
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Emascoplc: 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2023
Pls my car do not stim well in d morning n my mechanic says is d cool starting sensor n we got one but he didn't remove d old one but only to remove d plug πŸ”Œ wire n plug πŸ”Œ it in new one n hang it like that without removing the old one but still not stimming fine pls what can I do to solve dis problem n two my car is not accelerating fine if u move until u remove ur leg that is when it will now move to the next gear
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Emascoplc: 2:39pm On Jul 04, 2023
Pls my car do not stim well in d morning n my mechanic says is d cool starting sensor n we got one but he didn't remove d old one but only to remove d plug πŸ”Œ wire n plug πŸ”Œ it in new one n hang it like that without removing the old one but still not stimming fine pls what can I do to solve dis problem n two my car is not accelerating fine if u move until u remove ur leg that is when it will now move to the next gear
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2023
TeeSha:

No boss
Return the car back to him to fix the issue
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2023
Emascoplc:

Ok its normal with Suzuki
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jlo247(m): 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2023
Good afternoon everyone,
Yesterday I noticed that my kick is faulty so I decided to take my car to First Gate at ikeja to fix. But after fixing the kick the technician detect that enough power wasn't supplied into the gear so he decided to check so he said I will need a relay to make it work because one pin has broken from the fuss that supplies power to the gear.
Now he has put relay. The problem now is that my car start not only on P or N again it starts on any gear. Please hope I'm save.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2023
jlo247:
Good afternoon everyone,
Yesterday I noticed that my kick is faulty so I decided to take my car to First Gate at ikeja to fix. But after fixing the kick the technician detect that enough power wasn't supplied into the gear so he decided to check so he said I will need a relay to make it work because one pin has broken from the fuss that supplies power to the gear.
Now he has put relay. The problem now is that my car start not only on P or N again it starts on any gear. Please hope I'm save.

Hmmmm, nurey, conner, should we tell him?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ReformerD: 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2023
Help! Help!

Here's the issue: my Kia Optima started getting hot, and I noticed that the radiator was clogged. I took it to a repair shop to have it fixed. After it was fixed, I started driving home and began experiencing sudden jerks when putting the car in reverse or drive.

So, I had the car scanned, and an error came up. However, the problem now is that the mechanic attempted to clean the mentioned component, and the car is driving well now. However, there is still a delay and jerking when putting it in reverse.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what I can do about it?

Thanks.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 4:04am On Jul 05, 2023
jlo247:
Good afternoon everyone,
No you're not.
Your car is not supposed to start that way.
Tell him to revert back to the way it was
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 4:08am On Jul 05, 2023
ReformerD:
Help! Help!

Here's the issue: my Kia Optima started getting hot, and I noticed that the radiator was clogged. I took it to a repair shop to have it fixed. After it was fixed, I started driving home and began experiencing sudden jerks when putting the car in reverse or drive.

So, I had the car scanned, and an error came up. However, the problem now is that the mechanic attempted to clean the mentioned component, and the car is driving well now. However, there is still a delay and jerking when putting it in reverse.

Thanks.
Did he drain the transmission oil when removing the radiator or he blocked the transmission line with a plug?

If he drained then refill, probably he might have contaminated the system in the process. Same with using a dirty plug on the transmission line.
What codes did he get when it was scanned?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 5:21am On Jul 05, 2023
ReformerD:
Help! Help!

Thanks.

You didn't show us the scan results.

People don't know the radiator is linked to the gear/transmission. As the person above me has said, it could have been contaminated. During the process of removal and fixing the radiator, thee part linking the gear may have been contaminated with either sand, water or dirty particles etc.

The best thing now is to drain the gear oil and refill with original

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by oluayebenz: 7:53am On Jul 05, 2023
hello66:
Pls what could cause 2012
ACURA MDX TO BE DOING THESE

Kick has been changed (thou tokumbo kick staters)
Fuel pump changed
Earthing cables checked
Battery replaced to new ones

https://youtube.com/watch?v=C1iANYk8pzI&feature=share9

Need assistance on it

Cc: kingriegn

Gazzus

I know someone experiencing this same issue up till now with his MDX 09.

He has changed....
Kick starter
Temperature sensor etc
Anything changeable and still no solution.

And his engine is still steaming fine.
He his tired and exhausted. Already parked the car.

Car do not have any fault code but he's suspecting if the engine bearing is faulty.
Maybe that's the problem, he's just tired.

Any solution to yours?

Car is driving good and will only start when engine is cool, sometimes luckily it start when hot, but na luck o.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 8:15am On Jul 05, 2023
oluayebenz:

I know someone experiencing this same issue up till now with his MDX 09.

He has changed....
Kick starter
Temperature sensor etc
Anything changeable and still no solution.

And his engine is still steaming fine.
He his tired and exhausted. Already parked the car.

Car do not have any fault code but he's suspecting if the engine bearing is faulty.
Maybe that's the problem, he's just tired.

Any solution to yours?

Car is driving good and will only start when engine is cool, sometimes luckily it start when hot, but na luck o.
Does it crank at all when the issues manifest itself?
If it does crank, then it's not a mechanical problem like the bearings and more of an electrical issue.
His technician needs to use his test lamp to check for pulse and current on his Injectors, and crank/cam sensors before dem go jump enter brain box (e no dey hard dem).

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ReformerD: 8:28am On Jul 05, 2023
jceesquare:

Did he drain the transmission oil when removing the radiator or he blocked the transmission line with a plug?

If he drained then refill, probably he might have contaminated the system in the process. Same with using a dirty plug on the transmission line.
What codes did he get when it was scanned?

Not sure, he did any of that to be honest
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by oluayebenz: 9:02am On Jul 05, 2023
jceesquare:

Does it crank at all when the issues manifest itself?
If it does crank, then it's not a mechanical problem like the bearings and more of an electrical issue.
His technician needs to use his test lamp to check for pulse and current on his Injectors, and crank/cam sensors before dem go jump enter brain box (e no dey hard dem).

Same situation with the video that I first quoted boss.

When the engine is hot, it will feel like it crank a little but will not crank well to start.
Hard rolling.
During that time the battery head terminal will be very hot.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:07am On Jul 05, 2023
ReformerD:

Not sure, he did any of that to be honest
How did he now remove the radiator for repairs if he didn't disconnect and plug the transmission lines?
Kindly check if there are any hose dangling and not connected to the transmission and or radiator.
What year is your Optima?
Does it have a dip stick?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:15am On Jul 05, 2023
oluayebenz:

Same situation with the video that I first quoted boss.

When the engine is hot, it will feel like it crank a little but will not crank well to start.
Hard rolling.
During that time the battery head terminal will be very hot.
Typical ground related issues.
Ask your friend to trace all ground wires from negative battery terminal to body, engine, then transmission and tighten any loose connections well.
He should also use a sand paper to scrap off rusty surface on his ground point, use a better cable (if cable is bad) and also tighten well so he'll have good contact point.
Same goes to hello66
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:34am On Jul 05, 2023
jceesquare:

Ask your friend to trace all ground wires from negative battery terminal to body, engine, then transmission and tighten any loose connections well.
He should also use a sand paper to scrap off rusty surface on his ground point, use a better cable (if cable is bad) and also tighten well so he'll have good contact point.
Same goes to hello66

That thing no resemble grounds issue, the juicr to the crank is sufficient enough judging from the crank power sound and brightness of the dash.

I may be wrong tho
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:44am On Jul 05, 2023
kingreign:

That thing no resemble grounds issue, the juicr to the crank is sufficient enough judging from the crank power sound and brightness of the dash.

I may be wrong tho
We could be wrong and right at the same time as none of us has access to the car but attempting to diagnose the fault remotely.
But since it attempts to turn the engine (even with a charged battery according to the post I responded to) but the lights on the dash keeps flickering that way, then I strongly believe he has a bad ground somewhere or a shot to ground (considering the fact that the battery terminals gets hot).

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ReformerD: 11:54am On Jul 05, 2023
jceesquare:

How did he now remove the radiator for repairs if he didn't disconnect and plug the transmission lines?
Kindly check if there are any hose dangling and not connected to the transmission and or radiator.
What year is your Optima?
Does it have a dip stick?

He admitted the error might be from him , kia optima 2023
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by oluayebenz: 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2023
jceesquare:

Same goes to hello66

Thank you the boss

I just asked him and said all wires and cables both on the engine and grounded wires are intact.
His mechanic and electrician as checked all wire related issue.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2023
oluayebenz:

Thank you the boss

I just asked him and said all wires and cables both on the engine and grounded wires are intact.
His mechanic and electrician as checked all wire related issue.

How did they check the bolded?
With a multimeter?
If not, ask them to use a multimeter to check all connections to know if there are voltage drop on any of the grounds.
If all is fine then I've run out of options diagnosing remotely.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 1:55pm On Jul 05, 2023
ReformerD:

He admitted the error might be from him , kia optima 2023
Expensive error.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.