Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98793 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by alaricsaltzman: 7:37am On Jul 12, 2023
alaricsaltzman:
Good morning Kingreign

I've been having P0012 error for months on my corolla 2009.

Slows to accelerate and feels like it's dragging.

All efforts to fix the code has proved abortive so far.

What could be the issue?
sad sad
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:57am On Jul 12, 2023
alaricsaltzman:

sad sad
kingreign:

Good morning sir,
Did your technician check to ensure power goes into the intake vvt-i solenoid harness?
If yes, did you replace the VVt-I solenoid?
No response from you on this.

If you haven't fixed the issue, and you're in Abuja, feel free to contact me for diagnosis and repairs if it's okay by you.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by celestial1: 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2023
Abeg I need downstream sensor for highlander 2005 because I found out my car dey chop fuel like kilode Abeg contact me at 08160591139
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:18pm On Jul 12, 2023
celestial1:
Abeg I need downstream sensor for highlander 2005 because I found out my car dey chop fuel like kilode Abeg contact me at 08160591139

DM
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by celestial1: 11:22pm On Jul 12, 2023
kingreign:

DM
I sent you message on WhatsApp
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by theadeola(m): 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2023
jceesquare:

If your engine has sludge buildup in it.
You can ask your technician to clean the VTC strainer, clear code then drive around to see if the code come back.

The code has come back after about 25 miles of driving. The car has no power loss whatsoever, and doesn't rough idle or any other symptom of the p0011 code.

The oil life is at 70% though, after just 450+ miles. The previous owner was terrible at general maintenance. It's a miracle the car runs as smooth as it does. I'm a bit worried about the oil life thing, as some metal particles were found on the vtc strainer.

Do you have any advice for me on how to proceed? Car is fine minus this annoying issue.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by josephsm823(m): 8:43pm On Jul 13, 2023
I got P1660 when I scanned my car.

P1660 Manufacturer Control.

Please how can I resolved this?

Lexus Rx 350 2011
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:57am On Jul 14, 2023
theadeola:

The code has come back after about 25 miles of driving. The car has no power loss whatsoever, and doesn't rough idle or any other symptom of the p0011 code.

The oil life is at 70% though, after just 450+ miles. The previous owner was terrible at general maintenance. It's a miracle the car runs as smooth as it does. I'm a bit worried about the oil life thing, as some metal particles were found on the vtc strainer.

Do you have any advice for me on how to proceed? Car is fine minus this annoying issue.

Any cold start "kraaaa" sound?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:00am On Jul 14, 2023
josephsm823:
I got P1660 when I scanned my car.

P1660 Manufacturer Control.

Please how can I resolved this?

Lexus Rx 350 2011

Is this lexus an American specs?
If yes, get another better scanner to scan the car. American/Canadian toyota/lexus do not have that code
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by alaricsaltzman: 10:23am On Jul 14, 2023
kingreign:

No response from you on this.

If you haven't fixed the issue, and you're in Abuja, feel free to contact me for diagnosis and repairs if it's okay by you.
I bought a multimeter to test it myself.

Power goes into the harness and the vvt ocv works fine after multiple readings.

I've even changed camshaft gear, oil, filter, wiring, ocv filter.

Still the code persists.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:59am On Jul 14, 2023
theadeola:

1. Loose the oil sump, clean the pickup tube and strainer filter.
2. Change your oil and use 10W40 (I advised this because of the metal shavings you have).
3. Take out valve cover and clean (do not clean valve train so you don't wash sludge downwards).
4. Change your oil and filter and repeat same ever 2000miles till you clean your engine.

If you get mind, drain the oil and fill with diesel or 70/30 diesel oil (20W50) mix, run the engine at idle speed for 20min. Drain, refill with 20W50 oil and drive mildly for 50miles before refilling with 10W40 (always change filter when refilling)
Then clean VTC solenoid again.
You should be fine.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dougejac(m): 10:39am On Jul 15, 2023
Good day,

I have been dealing with high fuel consumption on my Avensis 2008.

I just realized that the car doesn't have a catalytic converter.

I asked my mechanic to check if there's an existing line in the event it was stolen.
Mechanic says there is no existing line for an oxygen sensor.

What can I do to reduce fuel consumption on the car
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2023
dougejac:
Good day,

I asked my mechanic to check if there's an existing line in the event it was stolen.

Have you scanned?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by DUNKA(m): 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2023
Please advise what preventive maintenance/part changes that would be needed to done on Nigerian used Peugeot 307 automatic and a Toyota Corolla 2006 model?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2023
dougejac:
Good day,

If you're in Abuja contact me, is carefully go thru the car and find out the cause of the poor fuel economy.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:25pm On Jul 15, 2023
DUNKA:
Please advise what preventive maintenance/part changes that would be needed to done on Nigerian used Peugeot 307 automatic and a Toyota Corolla 2006 model?

Tyre rotation,
Track alignment & wheel balancing,
Pcv replacement,
All oil seals replacement,
Replacement of engine oil & filter,
Transmission oil & filter replacement,
Cabin air filter element replacement,
Engine air filter replacement,
Fuel pump filter replacement,
Replacement of worn out sparkplugs,
Cleaning of throttlebody, and intake manifold.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by UgoFly: 5:27am On Jul 16, 2023
Please who is good with lexus in Abuja?

My Lexus GS 300 is having strong steering. I was told to change the rack but I don't believe it's the rack. I think it's more of an electric issue cos the steering gets soft when I start the car but it later gets hard again like it's having partial contact
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:51am On Jul 16, 2023
UgoFly:
Please who is good with lexus in Abuja?

My Lexus GS 300 is having strong steering. I was told to change the rack but I don't believe it's the rack. I think it's more of an electric issue cos the steering gets soft when I start the car but it later gets hard again like it's having partial contact
Contact me
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 9:33am On Jul 16, 2023
kingreign:

Contact me
Good morning. Please any ideas on the price of A/C compressor for Honda Civic 06
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:40am On Jul 16, 2023
AbelAbdul:
Good morning. Please any ideas on the price of A/C compressor for Honda Civic 06

No idea for now.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dougejac(m): 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2023
Is the unavailability of a catalytic converter not enough reason for the high fuel consumption?

I'm not in Abuja. I'm in Port Harcourt.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by DUNKA(m): 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2023
kingreign:

Tyre rotation,
Track alignment & wheel balancing,
Pcv replacement,
All oil seals replacement,
Replacement of engine oil & filter,
Transmission oil & filter replacement,
Cabin air filter element replacement,
Engine air filter replacement,
Fuel pump filter replacement,
Replacement of worn out sparkplugs,
Cleaning of throttlebody, and intake manifold.

thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:13pm On Jul 16, 2023
dougejac:
Is the unavailability of a catalytic converter not enough reason for the high fuel consumption?

I'm not in Abuja. I'm in Port Harcourt.

Absence of catalyst may not be directly related to bad fuel economy. However, a clogged catalytic converter will cause fuel economy to drop drastically

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hostermipo(m): 8:03am On Jul 17, 2023
Good morning house,

Please I am getting this error code.

P0012 - Camshaft Position A - Timing Over Retarded (Bank 1).

Please any leads?

Camry 2008

Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:35am On Jul 17, 2023
Hostermipo:
Good morning house,

Please I am getting this error code.

P0012 - Camshaft Position A - Timing Over Retarded (Bank 1).

Please any leads?

Camry 2008

Thanks

Check oil condition if it's old and dirty or low, change it.
Check the OCV if it's screen is clogged clean it or isn't working, replace it.

Erase codes, drive for a while then rescan.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hostermipo(m): 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2023
kingreign:

Check oil condition if it's old and dirty or low, change it.
Check the OCV if it's screen is clogged clean it or isn't working, replace it.

Erase codes, drive for a while then rescan.

Thank you very much.

My oil is okay.

I will try the OCV check.

Thanks again
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hostermipo:

Thank you very much.

My oil is okay.

I will try the OCV check.

Thanks again

Ok
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by U09ce: 7:50am On Jul 18, 2023
Good morning Sir, my Corolla 2008 sport is guzzling fuel. I bought 25L last week, drove less than 50km and it's already in reserve level. Please advise on steps to take? Abeg help me
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:01am On Jul 18, 2023
U09ce:
Good morning Sir, my Corolla 2008 sport is guzzling fuel. I bought 25L last week, drove less than 50km and it's already in reserve level. Please advise on steps to take? Abeg help me

When was the last time you changed the engine air filter?
Is there a check engine light on the czr dashboard? If yes, did you scan for codes on the car computer?
Are your wheel aligned and not binding?

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by johnson4nosa(m): 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2023
Please I need urgent advice,
I changed my engine oil on the 7th of July, immediately I got home same day I noticed where I parked was filled with engine oil, so, I went back to the mechanic, after checking he said it was the oil filter that was not lock properly so, he tightened it then I left...... The same thing occurred the next day I went back and he advised I buy another oil filter which I did and one litre of engine oil just to top it, that issue was resolved..... But now I am worried because I feel the one litre of oil I bought did not gauge it to the expected level, can I buy another litre to gauge the expected level after 12 days (167km), because somebody told me it's very risky to do that, since I have driven the car for some days.
NB... The problem of oil leakage has been resolved.. lexus RX 300 jeep
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 9:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
johnson4nosa:
Please I need urgent advice,
I changed my engine oil on the 7th of July, immediately I got home same day I noticed where I parked was filled with engine oil, so, I went back to the mechanic, after checking he said it was the oil filter that was not lock properly so, he tightened it then I left...... The same thing occurred the next day I went back and he advised I buy another oil filter which I did and one litre of engine oil just to top it, that issue was resolved..... But now I am worried because I feel the one litre of oil I bought did not gauge it to the expected level, can I buy another litre to gauge the expected level after 12 days (167km), because somebody told me it's very risky to do that, since I have driven the car for some days.
NB... The problem of oil leakage has been resolved.. lexus RX 300 jeep

Go and buy same oil for top up. No risk at all. Make sure it is at the guage on the dipstick. Don't over full the engine with oil
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by williams20(m): 10:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
Hello techies,
Please I want to ask a question and I want a very objective and honest report . Do the 02 spacers sold everywhere now WORK? my honda Pilot 07 has been drinking my fuel for the last one month and it's abnormal, codes keep pointing to catalyst efficiency and also the 02 sensors , I want to know if the spacers will really do the job or just a waste of money

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (129) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.