Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98739 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ReformerD: 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2023
jceesquare:

Expensive error.

He admitted not allowing the radiator to cool before removing it
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2023
ReformerD:

He admitted not allowing the radiator to cool before removing it
What's the way forward?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by oluayebenz: 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2023
jceesquare:

How did they check the bolded?
With a multimeter?
If not, ask them to use a multimeter to check all connections to know if there are voltage drop on any of the grounds.
If all is fine then I've run out of options diagnosing remotely.

Thank you boss

Really appreciate.

Will tell him to double check all what you said
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2023
ReformerD:

He admitted the error might be from him , kia optima 2023

Avoid such mechanics. A Kia optima 2023 I believe is bought brand new here in Nigeria and should still be under warranty. Why taking it to a 3rd party to fix?

This is an extremely expensive gamble!!!

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by frebor(m): 8:18pm On Jul 05, 2023
kingreign:

Avoid such mechanics. A Kia optima 2023 I believe is bought brand new here in Nigeria and should still be under warranty. Why taking it to a 3rd party to fix?

ReformerD:

He admitted the error might be from him , kia optima 2023

Definitely not a 2023 Optima, maybe a 2013. The Kia logo on his steering is the old one
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ReformerD: 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2023
frebor:

Definitely not a 2023 Optima, maybe a 2013. The Kia logo on his steering is the old one

2013, I meant
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ReformerD: 8:41pm On Jul 05, 2023
kingreign:

So, I took it to a profession gear workshop, I was told they'll service the valve body and everything will be okay
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by olaboyeh(m): 9:32pm On Jul 05, 2023
good evening...
fixed my car camshaft rattling noise and cylinder misfires recently.... after fixing.. the car was scanned and all codes went off... and performance significantly improved...even went back three days later to double check and was still fine.. no noise no codes

now i just bought a personal obd scanner this evening and decided to just run a scan and discovered the code P0012 again..just that... this was present earlier and it went away after it was fixed.. wondering why it came back again now. haven't notice any performance difference and car idles well...

please should i be worried...

Matrix 07...

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 3:59am On Jul 06, 2023
olaboyeh:
good evening...
fixed my car camshaft rattling noise and cylinder misfires recently.... after fixing.. the car was scanned and all codes went off... and performance significantly improved...even went back three days later to double check and was still fine.. no noise no codes

now i just bought a personal obd scanner this evening and decided to just run a scan and discovered the code P0012 again..just that... this was present earlier and it went away after it was fixed.. wondering why it came back again now. haven't notice any performance difference and car idles well...

please should i be worried...

Matrix 07...

1. If your oil is not gauged to the full mark on the dip stick you may have this code.
2. The vvt solenoid is having a slight restriction due to particles in it.

Just make sure your oil is at the full mark of the dip stick or remove the vvt solenoid and clean it properly then install again .

You can DIY by using 10 L shape spanner

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by olaboyeh(m): 7:05am On Jul 06, 2023
Dozieson:

1. If your oil is not gauged to the full mark on the dip stick you may have this code.
2. The vvt solenoid is having a slight restriction due to particles in it.

Just make sure your oil is at the full mark of the dip stick or remove the vvt solenoid and clean it properly then install again .

You can DIY by using 10 L shape spanner

1. oil is at the full mark..

where is the vvt solenoid biko
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 9:05am On Jul 06, 2023
olaboyeh:

1. oil is at the full mark..

where is the vvt solenoid biko

Check YouTube. At the back of the engine top
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Ladiesdream: 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2023
Please my car does as if it want to stop. Then when I tried to climb a hill it stop that's jerking.

Its a Honda Accord 09. Before it didn't use to happen just my wife took it out and I start experiencing it. She said they remove the plugs and clean at the mechanic workshop.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ladiesdream:
Please my car does as if it want to stop. Then when I tried to climb a hill it stop that's jerking.

Its a Honda Accord 09. Before it didn't use to happen just my wife took it out and I start experiencing it. She said they remove the plugs and clean at the mechanic workshop.

Scan it and post codes here
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Ladiesdream: 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
kingreign:

Scan it and post codes here
alright

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by IMPORTEDPHONES: 8:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by IMPORTEDPHONES: 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by IMPORTEDPHONES: 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by IMPORTEDPHONES: 8:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
www.gurucarsplus..com. .com/2023/07/common-car-engine-problems-and-their.html
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by becky39000(m): 9:17am On Jul 09, 2023
Please does anybody have any idea how much the tokunbo parts of theses two from ladipo might cost:

1. Thermostat
2. O2 sensor downstream (Bank 2)

Car is a 2007 Camry 4 plugs 🔌

Thanks 👍
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 10:44am On Jul 09, 2023
becky39000:
Please does anybody have any idea how much the tokunbo parts of theses two from ladipo might cost:

1. Thermostat

Thanks 👍

These are cheap parts. Both shouldn't be more than N20k
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hostermipo(m): 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2023
Good day respected Sirs,

Please I need your expert advice or directive.

My car do vibrate, when I put my car in reverse or sometimes when I stop ( on break) when it is it is in (D)rive..
Toyota camry 2008
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hostermipo:
Good day respected Sirs,

My car do vibrate, when I put my car in reverse or sometimes when I stop ( on break) when it is it is in (D)rive..
Toyota camry 2008

Remote diagnosis unavailable. Visit a competent technician to carefully perform test and diagnosis and narrow down to the culptit.
If you're in Abuja, feel free to contact me

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2023
becky39000:

1. Thermostat

Thanks 👍
Why would you want to buy a used thermostat?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hostermipo(m): 10:03pm On Jul 09, 2023
kingreign:

Remote diagnosis unavailable. Visit a competent technician to carefully perform test and diagnosis and narrow down to the culptit.
If you're in Abuja, feel free to contact me
Thank you very much. Will do.

Unfortunately, I am not in Abuja.

Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jjcena(m): 11:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hostermipo:
Good day respected Sirs,

Toyota camry 2008

Gear box seating or wheel bearing.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hostermipo(m): 12:56am On Jul 10, 2023
jjcena:

Gear box seating or wheel bearing.
Many thanks for the insight. I will see to it.

Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Jpeter1990: 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
GOOD DAY BOSSES IN THE HOUSE, RECENTLY HAVING A HARD START SITUATION WITH MY CAR. SO WAS ABLE TO SCAN IT AND GOT THESE CODES:
P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0335, P1305, P1310. MY SPARK PLUGS ARE NEW. PLS HELP, AM THINKING OF CHANGING THE CRANKSHAFT SENSOR BUT AM NOT SURE. AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST, SO AS TO USE AS A GUIDE
ITS A TOYOTA MATRIX.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:43pm On Jul 10, 2023
Jpeter1990:
GOOD DAY BOSSES IN THE HOUSE, RECENTLY HAVING A HARD START SITUATION WITH MY CAR. SO WAS ABLE TO SCAN IT AND GOT THESE CODES:
P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0335, P1305, P1310. MY SPARK PLUGS ARE NEW. PLS HELP, AM THINKING OF CHANGING THE CRANKSHAFT SENSOR BUT AM NOT SURE. AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST, SO AS TO USE AS A GUIDE
ITS A TOYOTA MATRIX.

Clear codes, and rescan again.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Jpeter1990: 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2023
kingreign:

Clear codes, and rescan again.
I HAVE DONE THAT SEVERAL TIMES. INITIALLY ALONG WITH THESE CODES, I WAS HAVING P0171 AND AFTER SOME ONLINE RESEARCH, I DISCOVERED MY INTAKE HOSE WAS NOT CLIPPED WHICH I DID AND THE P0171 STOPPED. BUT THE OTHER ONES ARE STILL THERE EXCEPT THE P1305 AND P1310 THAT COME TIME TO TIME. AND P0340 THAT SHOWED ONES AND NEVER AGAIN. EVEN AS OF TODAY, THE CAR ONLY CRANKS BUT WONT START.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:36pm On Jul 10, 2023
Jpeter1990:

I HAVE DONE THAT SEVERAL TIMES. INITIALLY ALONG WITH THESE CODES, I WAS HAVING P0171 AND AFTER SOME ONLINE RESEARCH, I DISCOVERED MY INTAKE HOSE WAS NOT CLIPPED WHICH I DID AND THE P0171 STOPPED. BUT THE OTHER ONES ARE STILL THERE EXCEPT THE P1305 AND P1310 THAT COME TIME TO TIME. AND P0340 THAT SHOWED ONES AND NEVER AGAIN. EVEN AS OF TODAY, THE CAR ONLY CRANKS BUT WONT START.

Pls, type with small letters.

Are your ignition coils producing power to your sparkplugs?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Jpeter1990: 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2023
kingreign:

Pls, type with small letters.

Are your ignition coils producing power to your sparkplugs?
Thanks Sir will check and get back to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (129) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.