Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] (947 Views)

Throwbackthursday Charcoal Iron, Only Legend Know This Life Saver. / What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] / See The Salvage Reply A Nigerian Guy Gave To A Lady Who Tried Shooting Her Shot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by Mathematricks: 8:28am On Sep 05, 2022
It's 80% rusted, but I've washed it.

Should I spray it? I have black spray?

Mynd44 lalasticlala seun
Re: What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by YeyeGbami: 8:30am On Sep 05, 2022
You fit use sand paper for the bottom

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by DrShomo: 8:31am On Sep 05, 2022
YeyeGbami:
Re: What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by gasparpisciotta: 9:09am On Sep 05, 2022
1. Take it to a metal fabrication yard near you and sand blast it.

2. Soak it with Coca Cola or Lacasera

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by superCleanworks(m): 9:20am On Sep 05, 2022
baking soda
Re: What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by Mathematricks: 9:37am On Sep 05, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Would it be in good condition after that?
Re: What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by Mathematricks: 9:39am On Sep 05, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
1. Take it to a metal fabrication yard near you and sand blast it.

2. Soak it with Coca Cola or Lacasera

Can't I use sand paper on it? Or how much coke would be needed for the second option?
Re: What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by Mathematricks: 9:39am On Sep 05, 2022
superCleanworks:
baking soda

Only?
Re: What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by Izonedexter(m): 10:39am On Sep 05, 2022
look for vinegar dip the bottom of the charcoal iron for 22 hours
thank me later

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by Osoboshi: 12:35pm On Sep 05, 2022
Look for sharp sand like the ones used for building,put hot charcaol inside the iron,allow the bottom to heatvery well the grind it against the sand like u are ironing.the sand should be dey

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by Mathematricks: 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2022
Osoboshi:
Look for sharp sand like the ones used for building,put hot charcaol inside the iron,allow the bottom to heatvery well the grind it against the sand like u are ironing.the sand should be dey

Izonedexter:
look for vinegar dip the bottom of the charcoal iron for 22 hours

thank me later

Many thanks.
Re: What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by Fahvvy: 5:33pm On Sep 06, 2022
OP...
Just place a paper or a material in-between your clothes and the iron when you're using it, that way you prevent the iron from staining your dress undecided...

Cause the state of that your box iron is unsalvageable grin...
Re: What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by lilcarterpkrane(m): 9:50pm On Sep 06, 2022
Don,t use any method just find sharp sand and iron it . It will be smooth it won't burn ur clothes
Re: What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by Mathematricks: 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2022
lilcarterpkrane:
Don,t use any method just find sharp sand and iron it . It will be smooth it won't burn ur clothes

I should just iron sharp sand while the iron is hot?
Re: What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by Ikennaford: 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2022
Osoboshi:
Follow this,the guy na confirm African guy

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by Mathematricks: 2:09pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ikennaford:

Follow this,the guy na confirm African guy

Okay.
Re: What Can I Do To Salvage A Rusty Charcoal Iron? [Pics] by BigYash: 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2022
Nairalanders still give advice today,without insult.. Today good be that.. grin

Op try the sand option..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

At What Age Did You Get Deflowered? / Relocating To Isle Of Man / What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.