Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Please Advice My Elder Brother And His Wife. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advice My Elder Brother And His Wife. (5574 Views)

UPDATE: I've Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother / I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother / I Have Been Having An Affair With My Elder Brother's Wife – Nigerian Man Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice My Elder Brother And His Wife. by Helpout12345: 2:48am On Oct 09, 2022
sokeril:
cc
2Radii
Helpout12345
Ilekokonit
Connected1.
gaby.
NoToPile
Fahvvy
emmanuelbrown26.
RightToReject
crackhaus
pansophist

I think your brother has made good decision on this. Unfortunately their aspirations are not aligned, they might have to part ways.
Re: Please Advice My Elder Brother And His Wife. by cooooooks(m): 4:34am On Oct 09, 2022
Let the marriage end. She sef should look at it. Why would a lawyer with some success close down his firm to move abroad, if he isn't going to practise abroad??

In fact, unless there is a pathway to professional practice in the new country, most successful professionals would not (and should not) close down their livelihood here to move abroad.

The visiting option was the best option. Maybe even a certificate program in the UK to see if their are legal inroads for him would have sufficed.

Many people in the abroad would love to have someone they can trust back hom in Nigeria. That way, any extra monies could be judiciously invested.
Re: Please Advice My Elder Brother And His Wife. by 2Radii: 6:59am On Oct 09, 2022
sokeril:
cc
2Radii
Helpout12345
Ilekokonit
Connected1.
gaby.
NoToPile
Fahvvy
emmanuelbrown26.
RightToReject
crackhaus
pansophist

See, I think say this matter don rest already na...

Lemme tell u, not only the wife is trying to manipulate Ur brother, her mother is also a force trying to manipulate as well...
And I must confess, the day ur brother closes his firm and mob abroad to pls his wife, the day he loses his life, that is the beginning of his exit from the mother earth, he will eventually die of depression and regret, cus the wife will shatter his life over there.

Lemme ask u, why did the wife forcefully travel abroad when she fully understand that husband and wife are supposed to be together??(according to her). As in, u know husband and wife are supposed to be together but u forcefully leave ur husby and travel out against his will, now u want to forcefully bring him over against his will as well.
Wait is Ur brother not having a mind of his own?? I tot hes a professional lawyer, he should be sound and know much about manipulation without bn told or adviced.

If I were Ur brother, since she's not accepting me coming over to visit and come back to my work, den i will tell her to do what she want, pls let her abort the baby, file for divorce (I will sign the paper within seconds) and she can even fork around (I don't care, cus I know I am on the way to remarry)

Op, if ur brother is a mumu man who is trying to pls a woman and he finally bend to pressure(as he did before) THEN I WIL BE VERY HAPPY TO TIP RIP IN ADVANCE cus I know a fool is about to leave the earth.

If ur brother is a man, if he's man enough, he shouldn't have allowed her to go in the first place, u re sayin pressure, which kain nonsense pressure be that.
Me as a person, anything wey a no like, wey a no put my hand, my woman dare not venture into it, she wont even tink about it.

Btw, I am married with kid.
Re: Please Advice My Elder Brother And His Wife. by NoToPile: 7:33am On Oct 09, 2022
sokeril:
I am not in a position to speak bad of the wife because our relationship is actually very cordial. And she do send me things from time to time from the Uk.
But so many red flags already.
And to be honest I think my brother has always been too submissive to his wife, it’s so weird.
He laid the bad foundation for what is happening today.

I honestly don't understand why people allow flimsy things to destroy their marriages.

It's not like the husband is against her staying abroad, he has said he would come visit once a while. She should take it as the price to pay for the japa dream nau.

Me I don't understand all the threats oo, na by force to live for obodo Oyunbo? She knew he was not an abroad person abi.

Instead of her to accept their intercontinental marriage jeje, the loneliness and depression is the price to pay for not being in unison with the husband about the travel issues.

The guy is not even against her staying there, so what's the problem abi is there more to the issue. She will make more money there as a health worker, the guy sef will be doing his own here simple oo. Everybody will seem to be happy.

You can't have your cake and eat it.
Re: Please Advice My Elder Brother And His Wife. by pansophist(m): 9:26am On Oct 09, 2022
sokeril:
Update house:
My brother said he has made his decision, and nothing is going to change it, he is never going to close down a thriving law firm and delve in to the uncertainty.
Wife says she feels lonely, and depressed and needs her family with her.says her colleagues at work often poke fun at her because she is the only one whose husband remains in Nigeria.
He said he can only be going to visit and then come back to face his legal career, he said he can never be happy living abroad, a solution the wife refused totally.
Both family members has tried to solve the issue but no headway at all.
My brother believes his wife is being altruistically selfish, trying to take advantage of his kindness and gentleness ,says it has always been about what she wants which he has always obliged and never been about what he wants.
The wife said if that’s the case then she will fill for divorce and abort her pregnancy,my brother told her to do whatever suits her, but if she abort the pregnancy she should forget about ever having access to their only child(who is presently living with my brother in Nigeria) but for the divorce he will gladly and willingly grant her wish.
Mother in law did not also help matters, heaping abuse and laying blames on the husband, calling him insensitive and wicked.
Personally I think there’s no going back, this marriage is good as done.

When it comes to career, women should be the one that sacrifices theirs for the family, not the man. Women providing for the family has a risk of losing the love, warmth, and cohesion towards their husband. Women easily respect men that provided for them.

Your brother has made the right decision, it's up to her to make a decision about where her allegiance lies, either with her family or with UK/career. I can understand if your brother is not doing fine in Nigeria, but this is not the case.

If you're a Christian, then take a cue from the story of creation. It was Eve that joined Adam in his garden, and took his surname, to support and submit to his leadership. A man leads, and a woman follows. And the time Adam followed his wife's lead by eating the forbidden fruit, then they both suffered and lost their paradise. Your brother's case is similar to this.

The UK is nice, I reckon, but in life, there are far more things that are better than the UK, and it is your self-respect, pride, your ability to lead your family, to be honored by your society, to be loved by your family because you're their Superman, and moving to the UK to start from fresh put all these things to threat.

And when I factor in her threat of divorce and abortion, then it's just too big of a red flag to ignore. If she is not ready to submit to his leadership, then your brother doesn't have a wife. Also, he should ponder what kind of a man he is to be threatened with divorce and abortion.

Marriage by its practical definition is the integration of a woman into the structure of a man's life. It is incumbent on the man, not the woman, to establish a structure that is worth integrating into. The upside to this is that the man leads the family godly, and the downside is that he bears the burden of performance. An unsubmissive woman that threatens abortion and divorce (betraying her marriage vows) has no place in a godly marriage.

And if a structured man gives off the leadership of his establishment to a woman, he will pay bitterly for it. Women do not instinctively see it like men, after all, it's not their cross to carry. So it's a man's responsibility to protect and not betray himself. If he does, then you set the ground for others too. Charity, as they say, begins at home.

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Husband Is Married To His Draft Game / To Whom Does The Child Belong To In Nigeria? The Father Or The Mother Or Both? / All Girls And Husband's Anger.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.