Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing (37578 Views)

Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Container Falls Over A Car At Cele Express Inward Oshodi, Causing Traffic / Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Johel(m): 4:05pm On Sep 07, 2022
Faiththatworks:
I usually go to lagos mainland occasionally and I must say last weekend was very Horrible.
U dare not go to that part of Lagos without your car.
The number of people on the road waiting for buses on Saturday was frightening,I haven't trekked in a very long time but i had to trek from isolo to jakande gate after waiting for more than 90 mins without a car or bike in sight.
I met people trekking all the way from Cele express to Jakande gate.
Although I'm a fierce advocate of banning Okoda In Lagos State,but the number of okodas that were removed from the road have caused a gap that can't be filled by the tricycles,mini buses and the other buses.
Government should please either allow the motorcycle get back on the road or deploy more buses to fill this gap.
The people around there are really suffering.
God bless Nigeria.

Same,I trekked from iyana isolo to jakande gate on Monday and Tuesday,all my lap just be like sey I gym on top...Mainland is a mess, Lagos State is shitty... population is enough to be a country...God help us in the shithole.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by famouscargo4u: 4:05pm On Sep 07, 2022
ShaqFu:
Aren't there Keke Napep or Korope buses plying those roads?

They are not enough.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by murmee: 4:06pm On Sep 07, 2022
Frezhkid10:

Was in Switzerland last year and I was amazed how people walk to 10-15mins to catch the bus...some go even dy run self...for my mind I just dy laugh say dem dy suffer..
The reason their hospitals in those places are not over congested. Okadas made people lazy to walk in Nigeria. Walking is good for health!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by eaglez(m): 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2022
There are but crazy fares these guys are calling it's so crazy. I don't know why some Nigerians are so heartless, even the keke guys have the mouth to be saying make una no go blame government wey make them increase keke price to 1.3m, if you no one enter abeg commot. I was very peeved felt like hitting the useless man. But I really commend one agbero manning isolo to iyana isolo keke. He was giving his fellow keke riders strict warnings that nobody should increase the fare.
ShaqFu:
Aren't there Keke Napep or Korope buses plying those roads?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by jaxxy(m): 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2022
The only solution is to remove them.

bad roads everywhere on the mainland bt they want to ban okad? irresponsible government.

b4 u ban okada should u not create alternatives? it when u see people suffering u now start to think?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Sergio103(m): 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ishilove:
The government has banned bikes but have provided no alternatives for the masses. The usual wickedness that anything APC is characterised with.

Coming from ishilove?? cheesy grin grin

Darling daddy don end grin
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by uchennaq(m): 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2022
The Lagos state government is doing a good work. Kudos to the Governor.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Hotfreeze: 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2022
There are people who are ready to invest in last-mile transportation in those areas. Problem is that once you buy a bus and give some of these drivers on hire purchase or something, story will enter when it's time to pay.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Wasky101: 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2022
bobo65:

The fact that u do a stress free work doesn't mean others do easy jobs, some ppl do hard works in factories, after such exhausting jobs, it's not sensible to be doing "never thought it's so close" trek, make person no go faint..
People do harder jobs in the abroad, even harder jobs than in Nigeria.
For example security man no dey sitdown for him shift ooo, so thats not even a excuse.
Its just a mindset thing.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Wasky101: 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2022
Kirchoffs:
One day one day , you'll trek from Lagos to sokoto, na that time we go no say your craze don complete
Lmao, No wahala as long as morale high
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by arsenal33: 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
grin grin grin

I thought Tinubu built Lagos and Lagos is now more beautiful than Dubai.
he built Awka and Awka is more beautiful than Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Wasky101: 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ishilove:

Have you put the elderly and infirm into the equation?
Dont they have elderly people in the abroad?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by murmee: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ishilove:

Have you put the elderly and infirm into the equation?
The elderly and the infirm were the ones badly affected by Okadas on the roads. The elderly cannot walk safely on the roads and even try to cross from one side of the road to the other side without being knocked down by the reckless Okadas. There should be total ban of Okadas in the whole of Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by OnyeFely: 4:14pm On Sep 07, 2022
The suffering on that axis is much, people have resorted to trekking home every evening. And the NNPC junction in front of Ejigbo LCDA have deteriorated,and causing massive traffic.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by GloriousGbola: 4:14pm On Sep 07, 2022
chimauk:
I had to walk from cele bustop to jakande yesterday because of this.[b]the few buses around were calling 500naira to ikotun.something that used to be 200naira.keke were calling N500 to jakand[/b]e.it used to be N100 or N150 at most.A serious government will make provisions before making and executing such law or better still monitor situations after executing.But sanwo olu is just sick in the head.I hope and pray he doesn't win the next gubernatorial election

is this the government or is this nigerians?

should we have continued with out of control okada riders?

there is a business opportunity here - but all nigerians can do is jack up prices.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by fabregas04(m): 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2022
BirtherOfKings:
To all who work with Lagos State government

Please find a solution to the transport problem of those people.

They are so much at Cele bustop in the evening..the few buses and Keke are calling outrageous amount and no bikes to help.

You use to bring BRT buses to help before..bring it back and end the suffering of these people...please ooooo
. the hardship ppl are going tru on that route no be here. abeg @LASG kindly provide alternatives, ppl are going tru a lot on that cele-okota-jakande-ejigbo route. learnt keke do call #450-600 from cele to jakande, something that used to be abt 200 few days ago.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Freshgrace4life(f): 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2022
It hasn't been so easy since the ban of bikes , May God help this country.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by GloriousGbola: 4:26pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ishilove:
The government has banned bikes but have provided no alternatives for the masses. The usual wickedness that anything APC is characterised with.

this is a prime article for Naptu2 cheesy cheesy

about the challenges of leadership and governing.

no matter what you do, someone will crucify you.

ishilove has complained repeatedly about the menace of okadas.

she has repeatedly called for their bans

she has cited direct and indirect experiences

but now that the government is engaging in some long overdue bans - it is a wicked government. cheesy cheesy

if this same govt had said they were taking time to import mini buses for these routes - there would still be complaints

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Ebubu: 4:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ishilove:

no be your boyfriend naptu2 party be dat?cheesy
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Minjim: 4:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
That's my area.

The stress is real here. Okada ban has also affected the bus fare. We're witnessing 100% increase in bus fare
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Ishilove: 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2022
murmee:
The elderly and the infirm were the ones badly affected by Okadas on the roads. The elderly cannot walk safely on the roads and even try to cross from one side of the road to the other side without being knocked down by the reckless Okadas. There should be total ban of Okadas in the whole of Nigeria!
So now that they have banned the okadas, the elderly and the infirm can now trek 2kms to their destinations in peace and safety.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by delpee(f): 4:32pm On Sep 07, 2022
27Pushing30:
was hell in VI when they banned bike and keke ...but today we used to it

That's the point! More people will invest in buses along those routes shortly. LASG should also consider providing buses for BRT routes on the major roads in that area.

Besides, we should forget about the door to door transportation mentality at great cost to our safety and general well being. People walk long distances to the bus and train stations abroad where we consider more developed. It's good for the body and much safer.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by VladimirPutiin(m): 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2022
arsenal33:
he built Awka and Awka is more beautiful than Lagos

I’m not Igbo. You lots should stop thinking anyone who doesn’t lick your masters balls automatically becomes Igbo. grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Crafteck1: 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2022
Its murdering businesses in mushin
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Fantazy(m): 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2022
I wonder why they banned Okadas in tbe first place when they can't provide other means
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by FreeStuffsNG: 4:39pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ishilove:
The people called for the banning of bikes. LASG only heeded their request.
The op is right for calling for the brt he is not calling for return of bikes

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by FreeStuffsNG: 4:42pm On Sep 07, 2022
Talktalk2022:
But he just said they are calling high amount. Learn to read na chairman

Okada was not cheap too wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California / Any Other Nigerian Here In Barbados?! / International Flights Resumption In Nigeria: List Of Banned & Approved Airlines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.