Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing (37577 Views)

Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Container Falls Over A Car At Cele Express Inward Oshodi, Causing Traffic / Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by uvie66: 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2022
Wasky101:
Walk walk walk
In our glorified saner climes people walk 10-15mins to get to their bustop.
When they go to downtown/city center they walk unendlessly.
In megacities people walk alot.
You will be suprised that where it cost to take 100-200 bikes is conveniently trekable, we are just used to door to door transportation.

One day i walked from ltv8 agidingbi to omole estate without breaking sweat, i was so shocked as i had never thought it was that close
I suppose people have forgotten what their legs are meant for.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Dearlord(m): 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2022
Wasky101:
Walk walk walk
You will be suprised that where it cost to take 100-200 bikes is conveniently trekable, we are just used to door to door transportation.

One day i walked from ltv8 agidingbi to omole estate without breaking sweat, i was so shocked as i had never thought it was that close

I once walked from Ikotun to Akesan during my hard days.
But right now I don't think I can do that anymore grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Dearlord(m): 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2022
uvie66:

grin grin that doesn't mean one should walk out his lifespans with his feet
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by uvie66: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2022
vincentjk:
One babe wanted to come to my side around cele by 7pm. To see keke or bus na war

She had to take bike who charged her 1k for a distance of N100 if it were to be keke or bus

Nawa o
so weytin come happen that night you gbencham ?
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by nymphomaniac(m): 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2022
OnyeFely:
The suffering on that axis is much, people have resorted to trekking home every evening. And the NNPC junction in front of Ejigbo LCDA have deteriorated,and causing massive traffic.
I thought they fixed that place. It’s bad again? sad
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by GeneralPula: 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ishilove:

Have you put the elderly and infirm into the equation?

Elderly people no dey walk?

Abi all these old farmers no be elder?

Even in USA, people trek 10-15mins to catch bus..

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by GreyLaw(m): 4:51pm On Sep 07, 2022
Wasky101:
Walk walk walk

And you are how old? Have you considered that there are people in haste, old, sick, weak, disabled, etc?
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by bewla(m): 4:52pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ishilove:
The government has banned bikes but have provided no alternatives for the masses. The usual wickedness that anything APC is characterised with.
You are one of does first generation of this page that many look out for

But you fall my hand before any thing of this kind will be taken don't you no consultation and other things will have been done

How much PDP/obi pay you to always spoil APC name

He no go work you here me

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2022
This is what we be been saying about reckless outright bans with no provision for alternative.
Govt needs to take into consideration the consequences of some of it's decisions, when you don't consider the consequences of a decision, then it becomes easy to make reckless decisions.
There are people who provided solutions to these transport problems, but they be been driven out of business by the LGSG.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by GreyLaw(m): 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2022
GeneralPula:

Even in the USA bla bla bla... I wonder why some of you don't ever make proper comparisons. Meanwhile the same USA is better than your country in almost everything else. If you create a system peculiar to your country will the heavens fall?

Tufiakwa!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by bewla(m): 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2022
FalseProphet1:
The number of votes APC gets next year would determine the number of mentally retarded people we have in Nigeria.

I see hardship biting harder, I see Peter Obi winning Lagos next year because Lagosians are tried of suffering.

This I have seen.
your name go before you
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Tqw1: 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by uvie66: 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2022
Dearlord:

grin grin that doesn't mean one should walk out his lifespans with his feet
I am 56, and have sometimes walked from Ikotun roundabout to Okerube....so what is the big deal.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 07, 2022
uvie66:

Listen to yourself, do the govt officials who made the bad decisions to ban alternative means of transportation trek like you?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Realguyman1(m): 5:00pm On Sep 07, 2022
Sammy07:

The Ban is here to stay. It's for the good of everyone.
There's no bike in Benin and Akwa heavens did not fall
And why do u guys keep on saying there is no bike in Benin City? Are u leaving in Benin bros?

Benin and Lagos nor be the same thing, all the major towns in Benin City are motorable.
Most of the areas that are not motorable in Benin have Keke to help u continue ur journey, and Okadas are plying most of the down streets that Keke and motor don't go to.

So why now saying there is no bike in Benin City?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2022
Nobody is against walking, but asking people to trek 20 km everyday, haba! Our ancestors trekked because there were no vehicles then, do the people who make laws to ban vehicles, buses and bikes, trek at all?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by GloriousGbola: 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2022
Eleyigidgan:
you this stupid he goat.
the moment i lay my hands on you this forum go tire you

Eleyigidgan:
how is he now?
did you try taking him to a psychiatrist hospital?
brother I'm currently out of bail this morning cos I hit my junkie elder brother and he collapsed and momentarily stopped breathing.
his case is worse than we plan on wasting him away, he beats my dad to stupor with blood drenching from the 75 year old man's nose.
I'm just tired of life.
the best thing is to remand them in a psychiatrist hospital and kept there for a long period of while, after discharged their environment should be changed

i am not responsible for the sheet raining on you
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by grandstar(m): 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ishilove:
The government has banned bikes but have provided no alternatives for the masses. The usual wickedness that anything APC is characterised with.

The same happened in 2013 when Raji Fashola banned okadas. Commuters were trecking. It was a nightmare.

However, the higher the price, the higher the quantity supplied. Soon, the number of commercial vehicles increased and the shortfall met.

This will happen again. It will take awhile.

Don't say I told you but I overhead okadas will start sneaking back in future. Don't say I told you

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by uvie66: 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2022
quentin06:

Listen to yourself, do the govt officials who made the bad decisions to ban alternative means of transportation trek like you?
I use Okada and I support their ban, the long term benefit of the ban will be enjoyed by Lagosian as a whole, one of which is reduction in crime and influx of Northerners to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by awoo47: 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2022
murmee:
The reason their hospitals in those places are not over congested. Okadas made people lazy to walk in Nigeria. Walking is good for health!
you dey craze, so i should trek from ikotun to isolo everyday?
Bikes should only be banned on highway, every other route should be left ope
Which time will i leave house?
You just say rubbish because it isn't affecting you

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Parachoko: 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2022
Johel:

Brother....it's Hell, especially jakande gate....It's a failed country bruh...so sad,so shameful.
So Nigeria is a failed country because the Lagos State Government ban Okada and didn't provide an alternative?

I'm not against the ban but am against the Government not providing alternatives. I hope they are listening and working on alternatives.

The ban on Okada should not be reverse, as time goes on everybody will adjust. But anyone that truly love Okada can move to other part of Nigeria where Okada is still allowed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Ishilove: 5:23pm On Sep 07, 2022
grandstar:

The same happened in 2013 when Raji Fashola banned okadas. Commuters were trecking. It was a nightmare.

However, the higher the price, the higher the quantity supplied. Soon, the number of commercial vehicles increased and the shortfall met.

This will happen again. It will take awhile.

Don't say I told you but I overhead okadas will start sneaking back in future. Don't say I told you
You told me. grin grin

Ara adugbo oooo, grandstar told me that okadas will start sneaking back in the future oooooooooo

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by okwusdaddy: 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
Pells:
Is your leg paining you?
Lazy youth
Cant you walk for an hour or more
Ok,they would walk a kilometre everyday after you.Cele to Jakande na joke even oyibo people you people always refrence do not walk like that i know because I have lived there.And what about the Okada people they have now in thier thousands been rendered jobless, what do the government want them to do now or are they looking for more agberos to help them rig election.In the oyibo man country they would have all been put on welfare now.But no, you people would not see that one it is only in suffering you would remember Oyibo after adding salt and pepper to the jist,nonsense and ingredients. No wonder we keep getting this sort of wicked and heartless leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Parachoko: 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2022
uvie66:
I am 56, and have sometimes walked from Ikotun roundabout to Okerube....so what is the big deal.
The only reason people should be giving of not been able to walk a short distance is if the road is bad.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Parachoko: 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2022
quentin06:
Nobody is against walking, but asking people to trek 20 km everyday, haba! Our ancestors trekked because there were no vehicles then, do the people who make laws to ban vehicles, buses and bikes, trek at all?
Do you even know how long 20km is?

The road from your house to the nearest bus-stop might not even be up to 3km.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by shedy03(m): 5:33pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ishilove:
Na for APC state e dey happen, and the people will support and vote for the APC candidates. Na there wahala.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by uuzba(m): 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2022
GeneralPula:

Thunder fire your mouth.
Western countries that the average temperature is 15C.
As a Nigerian, I lived there 4 good years.
JUMP, JOG, RUN, CYCLE, WITH LONG SLEEVE SHIRT, TROUSER AND COAT!
YES, I DID IT!!!
NO SINGLE SWEAT COMOT MY BODY. NOTHING!!!!

You want to use that to compare Nigeria that our temperature is 35C on a regular basis?
Walk 10 meters and you're already sweating under your armpit?
EVEN in SHORTS, SINGLET AND NO PANT, You're sweating anyhow?

You people just see picture on TV/Internet and think everything is the same over here?
Una no get physical experience.
See London Temperature Today-today 7th September
A high of 21C, because this is late summer.
By Winter you will see a High or 4C and low of -10C.

In Nigeria 21C is the time people will fall sick and start dying of excessive cold.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by egunna(m): 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2022
BirtherOfKings:
To all who work with Lagos State government

Please find a solution to the transport problem of those people.

They are so much at Cele bustop in the evening..the few buses and Keke are calling outrageous amount and no bikes to help.

You use to bring BRT buses to help before..bring it back and end the suffering of these people...please ooooo
the ones dey burnt during endsars?govt. doesn't have money to replace Dem now

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by vicfajeze: 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2022
FalseProphet1:
The number of votes APC gets next year would determine the number of mentally retarded people we have in Nigeria.

I see hardship biting harder, I see Peter Obi winning Lagos next year because Lagosians are tried of suffering.

This I have seen.
Okay o,go and win it 4him
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by grandstar(m): 5:43pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ishilove:

You told me. grin grin

Ara adugbo oooo, grandstar told me that okadas will start sneaking back in the future oooooooooo
grin grin
grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California / Any Other Nigerian Here In Barbados?! / International Flights Resumption In Nigeria: List Of Banned & Approved Airlines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.