Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,660 members, 7,813,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing (37580 Views)

Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Container Falls Over A Car At Cele Express Inward Oshodi, Causing Traffic / Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by 2loadedguy: 7:29pm On Sep 07, 2022
Wasky101:
Walk walk walk
In our glorified saner climes people walk 10-15mins to get to their bustop.
When they go to downtown/city center they walk unendlessly.
In megacities people walk alot.
You will be suprised that where it cost to take 100-200 bikes is conveniently trekable, we are just used to door to door transportation.

One day i walked from ltv8 agidingbi to omole estate without breaking sweat, i was so shocked as i had never thought it was that close
You have made a very valid point. A lot of lagosians are obesed and unfit causing lots of avoidable sicknesses. I don't know where people got this warped mentality that trekking short distances is poverty. Today I walked from my place in magodo to Ketu and discovered its a very short distance to trek.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by jclassiq(m): 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2022
I encourage every lagosian to buy a comfortable converse shoe he/she can trek long distance in. I don't see the situation improving anytime soon.

The Politicians are callous.

They always show plenty zeal when they want to use one flimsy excuse to punish the citizenry; but they don't show the same amount of zeal when the time comes to tackle pressing issues.

Pulling every type of stunt in the book just so they can keep lying to themselves that they are "working."
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by georgeakins: 7:45pm On Sep 07, 2022
Lagosians will be healthier when they begin to trek.
It's common now to see young men with pot bellies.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Much2do: 7:46pm On Sep 07, 2022
Walking,the best form of exercise.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by stacyadams: 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2022
angry grin grin that area sha need bike oo,that route is always congested....
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by guychidile: 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2022
Hmmmmmm
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Parachoko: 8:02pm On Sep 07, 2022
Johel:

It's a failed country, failed everything...if u carry Nigeria for head,Na headache go kill u and if my comment be like Bullet for your body, kuku hang yourself to ease the pain...Dey form Mumu patriotic Nigerian.. people wey go see true but hypocrisy no go allow Dem align with simple truth.
I won't blame you for your ignorance, nah fraustration dey worry you!

Mumu wey dey type peacefully from him house dey scream Nigeria is a failed state
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Amenamen1: 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2022
NA EVEN THEM DEY USE AM PASS FOR MUSHIN/LADIPO/CELE EXPRESS ETC

basty:

To your Igbo people. Come and win Lagos for APGA. Mad person from AfganEASTERN.
If you know why Okada is banned in Lagos, you will not sleep at night. Because they can afford 200mb, they will be spooling thrash.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by hush15: 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2022
BirtherOfKings:
To all who work with Lagos State government

Please find a solution to the transport problem of those people.

They are so much at Cele bustop in the evening..the few buses and Keke are calling outrageous amount and no bikes to help.

You use to bring BRT buses to help before..bring it back and end the suffering of these people...please ooooo

I hope they hear cos na their BAT that is more important now. Then will keep shouting how they developed Lagos.... whereas, Lori iro
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by YeyeGbami: 9:10pm On Sep 07, 2022
FalseProphet1:
The number of votes APC gets next year would determine the number of mentally retarded people we have in Nigeria.

I see hardship biting harder, I see Peter Obi winning Lagos next year because Lagosians are tried of suffering.

This I have seen.

You see am for osun election
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by naijapikin2(m): 9:18pm On Sep 07, 2022
FalseProphet1:
The number of votes APC gets next year would determine the number of mentally retarded people we have in Nigeria.

I see hardship biting harder, I see Peter Obi winning Lagos next year because Lagosians are tried of suffering.

This I have seen.
ayam telling you man
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by samuel900(m): 9:24pm On Sep 07, 2022
For ur safety.....u blame government for everything
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by rickleye: 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2022
[quote author=FalseProphet1 post=116442007]The number of votes APC gets next year would determine the number of mentally retarded people we have in Nigeria.

This I have seen.[/quote

Bro, You cant even see the tip of your nose.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by OBJECTIVITY4ALL: 9:51pm On Sep 07, 2022
Before the introduction of motorbike we were surving, go and buy a bicycle and wheel to work within 1km. It is healthy and help the ❤️ function effectively. After all the conditions of most of the yellow buses is terrible. Remember to use your reflector and helmet.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by DOM7: 10:06pm On Sep 07, 2022
Talk and cry with your PVC, 2023 will give us full statistics of mad people in Nigeria. grin
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by grandstar(m): 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2022
murmee:
The sneaking back will not happen. You are forgetting that Governor Sanwo-olu has another term of 4 years to go. What will happen is that the foreign Okada men will go back to wherever they came from or relocate to neighboring states and the Nigerians amongst them will find something else to do!

I honestly wish I could agree with you. No-nonsense Fashola did not successful rid Lagos of Okadas

This isn't the first time Sanwo-olu banned Okadas. The same was done in 2020. With an election nearby and Northerners pleading for a relaxing of the ban, there might be some softening but I doubt it.

Anyways, history has shown they always come back, In trickles and then as a storm grin

History I am certain will repeat itself. It might start with security men who supplement their income from okadas. They are untouchable. Then others begin to brave it and before long,guess who's back?
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by wasuka14(m): 10:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ishilove:
The government has banned bikes but have provided no alternatives for the masses. The usual wickedness that characterizes anything APC

Stop demolishing APC. Just go back to yah villages. They burn your papa here?
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Ola64(m): 10:34pm On Sep 07, 2022
BirtherOfKings:
To all who work with Lagos State government

Please find a solution to the transport problem of those people.

They are so much at Cele bustop in the evening..the few buses and Keke are calling outrageous amount and no bikes to help.

You use to bring BRT buses to help before..bring it back and end the suffering of these people...please ooooo

Including Ijegun!!!
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 07, 2022
Parachoko:
Do you even know how long 20km is?

The road from your house to the nearest bus-stop might not even be up to 3km.

Can you walk 3 km twice daily for a year?
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 07, 2022
uvie66:
I use Okada and I support their ban, the long term benefit of the ban will be enjoyed by Lagosian as a whole, one of which is reduction in crime and influx of Northerners to Lagos.

There goes the tribal banter again, so the skull miners, rapist and traffic robbers we hear in the Westside including lagos are all from the north?
What about the food products they bring for you? Can your over educated Yoruba people farm? Especially the ones in lekki.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 07, 2022
wasuka14:

Stop demolishing APC. Just go back to yah villages. They burn your papa here?

A loafers remark.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by okwusdaddy: 11:22pm On Sep 07, 2022
2loadedguy:

You have made a very valid point. A lot of lagosians are obesed and unfit causing lots of avoidable sicknesses. I don't know where people got this warped mentality that trekking short distances is poverty. Today I walked from my place in magodo to Ketu and discovered its a very short distance to trek.
Trekking from Cele to Jakande is short distance?!And what is your government doing about job creation or is it when Agbero becomes the biggest employer of labour in Lagos that you people would do something about it.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:06am On Sep 08, 2022
ShaqFu:
Aren't there Keke Napep or Korope buses plying those roads?

E be like you no be lagosian?
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by FILEBE(m): 1:15am On Sep 08, 2022
Faiththatworks:
I usually go to lagos mainland occasionally and I must say last weekend was very Horrible.
U dare not go to that part of Lagos without your car.
The number of people on the road waiting for buses on Saturday was frightening,I haven't trekked in a very long time but i had to trek from isolo to jakande gate after waiting for more than 90 mins without a car or bike in sight.
I met people trekking all the way from Cele express to Jakande gate.
Although I'm a fierce advocate of banning Okoda In Lagos State,but the number of okodas that were removed from the road have caused a gap that can't be filled by the tricycles,mini buses and the other buses.
Government should please either allow the motorcycle get back on the road or deploy more buses to fill this gap.
The people around there are really suffering.
God bless Nigeria.

I am not sure you are truly a fierce supporter of banning okadas. You are and you are still calling for the govt to call them back? For development to happen we must have to face some kind of hardship or whatever. A good government can't and won't please everyone for development.
People will find alternatives, means will come .

What we could advise the government is to deploy busses especially those blue small buses that have been plying the roads lately . With these , slowly and gently, molue , korope danfo et all will phase out.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by uvie66: 1:32am On Sep 08, 2022
quentin06:

There goes the tribal banter again, so the skull miners, rapist and traffic robbers we hear in the Westside including lagos are all from the north?
What about the food products they bring for you? Can your over educated Yoruba people farm? Especially the ones in lekki.
We have been putting with the crimes of the ibos, Yoruba, and any other tribes for that matter, but the rate of kidnapping by certain tribes on the motorway these days is alarming and they're ruthless as well.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by lendahand(m): 4:17am On Sep 08, 2022
Wasky101:
Walk walk walk
You will be suprised that where it cost to take 100-200 bikes is conveniently trekable, we are just used to door to door transportation.

One day i walked from ltv8 agidingbi to omole estate without breaking sweat, i was so shocked as i had never thought it was that close
stop joining a discussion of what you know nothing about. Agidingbi and omole are next door neighbours. Cele bustop to jakande gate is a serious journey of about 4km.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by caprini1: 5:04am On Sep 08, 2022
Wasky101:
Walk walk walk

Walking in Lagos is not a problem,but the miscreants you meet along the roads ,that will beat you up and dispossess you of your money ,phones and other accessories,are the major problems.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by juman(m): 6:38am On Sep 08, 2022
The action lagos governor should do something to help them.
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Mrtaye: 7:09am On Sep 08, 2022
Wasky101:
Walk walk walk

Stop comparing saner climes to Nigeria, just imagine closing from work around 7-8pm getting to your bus stop around 9pm then decide to trek 25-30 minutes to your remote residence only for your phones and valuables to be taken from you by robbers
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Wasky101: 7:15am On Sep 08, 2022
GreyLaw:

And you are how old? Have you considered that there are people in haste, old, sick, weak, disabled, etc?
Dont this category of people exist in ndi abroad?
I am your fathers mate if you must know
Re: Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing by Wasky101: 7:19am On Sep 08, 2022
lendahand:
stop joining a discussion of what you know nothing about. Agidingbi and omole are next door neighbours. Cele bustop to jakande gate is a serious journey of about 4km.
Well if its a journey of 4km and above there must be surely loads of buses to convey people, arguement here is from people who use okada on short journeys home i suppose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California / Any Other Nigerian Here In Barbados?! / Fatal Accident Along Kaduna Road, 5 People Dead! (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.