Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) (38766 Views)

How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? / Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) / What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Tochj(m): 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2022
[quote author=lanocfoods post=116449607]
How do you source them, I'll love to try it Biko[/quote
Lagos
Oduero barracks before volts Badagry Express way.
Just ask anybody there
They will show you

3 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by onlysose(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2022
People !! this is very important , no more buying of sachet semovita or semolina. buy big tier of corn and dry hausa cassava in the ratio of 2:1 tier respectively. grind locally . the cost saving is mind boggling .

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Hopez456(m): 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2022
onlysose:
People !! this is very important , no more buying of sachet semovita or semolina. buy big tier of corn and dry hausa cassava in the ratio of 2:1 tier respectively. grind locally . the cost saving is mind boggling .
>Rreally? Please explain better.

3 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Zaynkad: 7:44am On Sep 09, 2022
ADUKKY:
A lot of changes.

1. I added a small business to my 9 to 5 job.
2. I buy in bulk and ensure I go to the cheapest market around me, ile epo. No shopping on the street.
3. I also cook beans in bulk.
4. Pressure cooker for most food except spag. Saves gas, beans is cooked in less than 20 mins while rice is less than 10 mins
5. I make pap and nourish it with ginger and cinnamon. I don't sieve my pap so no room for wastage only that it cost me additional 100 naira when blending it. All grains and blending cost me 2,000 early August and I still have over 4 litrs left for September.
6. I plan changing my line to post paid. Hubby pays 5k for calls, data and sms and it lasts for a month while I spend over 10k on data and calls. My job and business requires that I am online always.
7. No eating out except on few occasions
8. Potatoes to the rescue anytime yam moves mad
9. No wasting of food no matter how small. I pack and freeze it for future need
10. I don comot hand for titus. I do mostly shawa(I know it has bones but once you airfry it, even the bone becomes chewable), gizzard (1 pack lasts 2 weeks) and chicken for sundays.
11. Switched to measured unbranded cereals like oats, milk, cocopops, cornflakes, fruit and fibre etc. That's my side hustle anyway. I was sceptical about the unbranded at first but as I do my investigation and got a good supplier, it has been a life saver. I eventually turned it to my side hustle and I supply mostly bank staff and office people.
12. Every month end, I carefully go through my kitchen to identify what is needed and what can still be managed and draw up a list. Na me and my list dey go market, anything not covered in that list doesn't follow me back home expect it is very important. No impulsive buying.

I do esusu too, compulsory saving so no room for laulau. It has helped me a lot. I pull the esusu out of my monthly income before spending a dime, whatever is left must be well managed.

Please can u link me to ur cereal supplier
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by ADUKKY(f): 10:46am On Sep 09, 2022
Zaynkad:

Please can u link me to ur cereal supplier
Okay. send a mail

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Zaynkad: 11:10am On Sep 09, 2022
ADUKKY:

Okay. send a mail
Done
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by EagleSquare1(m): 1:26pm On Sep 09, 2022
N100 oranges will do better than the N100 Capri Sun. The choice is still yours to make, either sensibly or otherwise. Would be better to read through the threads and learn one or two things that will be of great benefits to you rather than calling curses from above.

folake4u:
I'm not a fan of Soft drinks. I'd rather take fruit drinks or so.

Anyways, this inflation made me stopped taking Chivita and 5alive(N600/700), na Capri-Sun (N100 for one) I dey drink now. kiss
I also stopped using Peak tin milk for my cornflakes, I now use sachet milk.

God go punish Buhari and him cohorts.

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by EagleSquare1(m): 1:31pm On Sep 09, 2022
Well done. A word is enough for the wise.

ADUKKY:
A lot of changes.

2. I buy in bulk and ensure I go to the cheapest market around me, ile epo. No shopping on the street.
4. Pressure cooker for most food except spag. Saves gas, beans is cooked in less than 20 mins while rice is less than 10 mins
5. I make pap and nourish it with ginger and cinnamon. I don't sieve my pap so no room for wastage only that it cost me additional 100 naira when blending it. All grains and blending cost me 2,000 early August and I still have over 4 litrs left for September.
6. I plan changing my line to post paid. Hubby pays 5k for calls, data and sms and it lasts for a month while I spend over 10k on data and calls. My job and business requires that I am online always.
10. I don comot hand for titus. I do mostly shawa(I know it has bones but once you airfry it, even the bone becomes chewable), gizzard (1 pack lasts 2 weeks) and chicken for sundays.
11. Switched to measured unbranded cereals like oats, milk, cocopops, cornflakes, fruit and fibre etc. That's my side hustle anyway. I was sceptical about the unbranded at first but as I do my investigation and got a good supplier, it has been a life saver. I eventually turned it to my side hustle and I supply mostly bank staff and office people.
12. Every month end, I carefully go through my kitchen to identify what is needed and what can still be managed and draw up a list. Na me and my list dey go market, anything not covered in that list doesn't follow me back home expect it is very important. No impulsive buying.

I do esusu too, compulsory saving so no room for laulau. It has helped me a lot. I pull the esusu out of my monthly income before spending a dime, whatever is left must be well managed.
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Seniorcitizen(m): 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2022
Country Hard yet there are people like you who are buying Cars worth millions, houses and taking their loved ones to expensive vacations.

The reason why country is hard for you is because of the information that is making other people rich that you don't have access to. Until you have access to this information, Life is not hard. Na you nor want use your brain and follow who know road

Do you know most liabilities can be turned into an asset? Take for example your phone. Most of people have a smart phone and they are still poor. All they do is use it to beg online and borrow credit from Network providers. There are some people like you, who are using their phone to make lots of money online.

Take for example, one of my student turned 20k into 635 dollar ​using her phone in 2weeks. crazy right. That's like 20k into almost 400k
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Calibrator: 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2022
Everybody in your family must be swimming in money right now, unless of course, your own charity does not start from home.
Seniorcitizen:
Country Hard yet there are people like you who are buying Cars worth millions, houses and taking their loved ones to expensive vacations.

The reason why country is hard for you is because of the information that is making other people rich that you don't have access to. Until you have access to this information, Life is not hard. Na you nor want use your brain and follow who know road

Do you know most liabilities can be turned into an asset? Take for example your phone. Most of people have a smart phone and they are still poor. All they do is use it to beg online and borrow credit from Network providers. There are some people like you, who are using their phone to make lots of money online.

Take for example, one of my student turned 20k into 635 dollar ​using her phone in 2weeks. crazy right. That's like 20k into almost 400k

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Esthered: 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2022
Dear OP, I have adjusted to strict buying in bulk but my experience at the market today still makes me think if I can cope.
I wrote on my list Dano cool cow carton, 30g sachet and I was trying to get the best bargain, it was 550 per row last month and went up to 570 same last month and someone told me 600 per row today. I just respected myself to buy 10 rows at 550 and not carton.
I bought Kisskids diapers at 5500 last month, the man said 5900 and I begged and I got it at 5800 and I am still thinking I should go back tomorrow to buy another one before it'll be 6500 by next month but will my son grow that fast to another size and it becomes waste of effort......
Sunlight bag was 5k plus when I bought last year as I use it for 6 months and it's now 7,600 today.
Na to dey monitor my people for house with their consumption, even my baby wey dey poop 3 times some days, I go caution am o.
Mothers in Benin, how can I get the ingredients for Tombrown in Benin as NAN 2 is 34000 for carton last month, I no get mind to price am this month cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Hotbreadandbean: 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2022
pocohantas:

Lol. I didn’t buy it today, but I took the picture at the point of creating this thread.

Thanks Glory. I hand wash, a lot for that matter. I believe it is genetic. cheesy

I buy in bulk too, but recently I went to restock, I was shocked at the new prices. Nawa o!

Now that you have mentioned this homemade soap not being safe for your skin, I would start taking note or discontinue usage. I have quite a sensitive skin. Though I haven’t noticed anything. lipsrsealed
Or you can buy plastic gloves and use them whenever you're washing, whites do that alot

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Kaysalas(m): 9:08am On Sep 10, 2022
Tochj:
I now use grinded Cocoa for my tea
One paint bucket is 4k
Instead of buying Small pack for big money.
Is there a local name for it?

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Tochj(m): 11:05am On Sep 10, 2022
Kaysalas:

Is there a local name for it?
No just cocoa

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Mom007(f): 11:56am On Sep 10, 2022
Sablexxxtoons:
May we not feel it is the prayer.. i thought economists say it is inevitable

Op your hands are very beautiful..
Very beautiful hands. I thought I was the only one who noticed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by DEBUU: 11:51am On Sep 12, 2022
mosaicafrique:
All I did for myself was to resign from a fixed salary job with Gtbank and switch to an income building job, Allowances and commission based with leadway Assurance company. This has given me the opportunity to earn at random and most times I earn twice my previous salary in same month. Income building job is the future of money making and inflation control mechanism.

Wow I love this. Throw more light on this income building jobs.
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Lorayne(m): 4:47am On Oct 13, 2022
https://github.com /aapatre/Automatic-Udemy-Course-Enroller-GET-PAID-UDEMY-COURSES-for-FREE/archive/refs/tags/v4.1.2.zip
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by HopeAlive16(f): 9:38am On Oct 13, 2022
[quote author=pocohantas post=116438825]Are there known products you no longer use due to high cost?

Come in here and share your cost-cutting tricks with us. cheesy

You can't even bargain when you hear the price increase coz you know in your heart that it's not their fault. I no longer make a list, I just hold my money and buy what it can cover because the prices increase every day angry. The little money I send to my mom for upkeep is like small change now because of the way things are expensive. It's no longer funny, I can't even begin to imagine continuing 2023 like this. God abeg oh! embarassed
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by magabounce(m): 1:52am On Oct 31, 2022
I thought I was addicted to eating bread!!! I usually eat bread daily!!!
It’s been nearly 2 months now, thing is I don’t even have the urge anymore����
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by AlphaTaikun: 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2022
dmostcheerful:
I cook soup and dish in small portions into the fridge, if I warm and dish and it wasn't enough for you, you keep your garri next time you can continue.

Since we use unmetered electricity we use more of electrical stove to gas.

As for baby milk, I make loads of soya beans grounded with crayfish add to the milk to make it more tasty and more nutritious.
We use to buy one tin of baby milk
every week but now, 3weeks one milk.

As for adult milk, I buy milk and chocolate in rolls, 2sachets of milk and 2 sachets of tea per person any morning we will have tea for breakfast.
Initially, if you leave milk and tea in tins for my husband he will scope 3 to 4 spoons each.
Ask him for money to refill he will be the person asking you what happened.
Time no dey.
This are the little little adjustment I have made so far.
In the absence of infant formula, creativity sets in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by AlphaTaikun: 5:00pm On Dec 02, 2022
ADUKKY:
A lot of changes.

You are wise and business savvy...
Nigerians are very good when it come to adjusting to fluctuations in inflation as can be seen on this thread. Lol
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by newcommer: 11:02pm On Jan 04, 2023
MMotimo:
I load and unload my online cart multiple times.
Takes longer to actually “checkout” my favourite items cheesy

Hello Ma'am. Happy new year to you and your family.

I hope I can pick your brain. I want to invest in the US stock market. I tried to open an account on Fidelity but they asked for my social security number. Which other ways do you suggest I go about it?

Could you suggest other investment platforms I could explore? There was passfolio but unfortunately they stopped offering their service.

Thank you for your time.
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by MMotimo: 5:04am On Feb 04, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Is A Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area? Oseni Rufai Asks / Checkout This Amazing Cake (Photos) / "I Love Your Culture But..." - British Lady To Her Nigerian Hubby (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.