Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) (38789 Views)

How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? / Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) / What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by doggedfighter(f): 3:37pm On Sep 07, 2022
folake4u:

Lmao. E nor easy oh. grin grin

This inflation choke!!!! angry

No lies and it isn't funny how quality of life is going down. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by dododawa1: 3:39pm On Sep 07, 2022
Best thing is LET NIGERIA divided or JAPA method.
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by madridguy(m): 3:39pm On Sep 07, 2022
The inflation is a serious global threat. I will give kudos to the Nigeria government for managing it well. Though it is tough but its mote than tough in other countries.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Oyerinde16(m): 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2022
I have bypass my meter, no more 10k unit per months, its now 1k... I use more of electric cooker and boiling rings now, my 6kg gas that last 2 weeks now last 1 month plus... I have converted my car to uber/bolt o... No more free lifting... I have renewed contract with all my gadgets till next year when thing improves, none should be unfortunate to packup, same for my car, same for cloths... I saw n bought one smart suit/jacket along d road for 1k... No more 10k butik for now... Shoprite is now once in a month, chicken shawama 80% cut down, no unnecessary outings, antfriend sea bill me now na sorry I just do something, if u ask me when, I tell u for now nothing... They no de tell person... Adulthood na scam...

22 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by shantti(m): 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2022
I no longer Barb punk or afro, I now Barb mala so that I wouldn't need to use the barbing saloon for a long time.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by ViktorCash: 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2022
I now eat twice daily and i reduced spending on women angry

9 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Positiveme2020: 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2022
seunlayi:
Trimmed down expenditures especially anything tech or electronic gadgets.

I had a meeting last with my Current xiaomi RN10 phone that till next year ending, we LL still be together. I told my other electronics at home that our contracts are bidding till the next 10 years

These items can go to hell, what about food stuff,man must eat.?
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by boom99(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2022
Got a job close to my house. Luckily dey pay better than my formal place.

18 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Realist777: 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2022
God1000:
APC brought this mess on us.

And instead of this party to apologize to nigerians and ask for forgiveness for bringing untold hardship, they are busy gaslighting and campaigning for elections

It's really hard to adjust nowadays because almost everything is expensive.

I don't buy too many cloths for now, just the essentials.
Oga, I hate APC no means na everything bad I go dey blame them for, inflation na everywhere, nor be only Nigeria so APC or any party no fit anything about it

5 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by NoToPile: 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2022
Na God dey help person.

For morning children cereals, I make tombrown (soya, gero, groundut, corn) the main cereal for the children, cornflakes and amazing day is a back up not the main cereal the adults also take the tombrown sometimes.

I switched from full cream to skim milk miksi, it's cheaper, still better than no milk at all.

For washing plates
Liquid soap, made 5 liters for 1k, the thing dinot foam well like morning fresh grin also tried buying kogi soap( they said 3 large ones 500) I say kogi soap this costly? I maintained the local liquid soap jeje

Detergent I buy in carton to save small 10tenten kobo here and there.

No wastage of food at all at all.

The Mata just Taya persin.

15 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by LINTUNE(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2022
I used to buy new clothes every month,atleast 3 pieces of polo/shirt and jeans/joggers...but these days, I could stay for months before i can buy 1 new cloth....I'm the type that fancy taking fish pepper soup with beer every weekend while watching football match, but now na once once...na for viewing center I de watch match...men,things are just so bad.

8 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Birniwa(m): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2022
12.5kg of cooking gas costs N9,800 in my place which when filled up, lasts roughly 5 weeks.

Instead, I now resort to using charcoal. 50kg of it costs me 3k here and I use it for 8 weeks before it finishes. Kindling the charcoal for the first time is not always easy, so I buy 2 litres of kerosene (N800/ltr) which I can use throughout the 8 weeks of using the charcoal.

Using cooking gas for 5 weeks costs 9.8k while using charcoal for 8 weeks costs only 4.6k. If I was to use cooking gas for 8 weeks, that would cost me 15.7k but since I'm now using charcoal, I'm saving a whopping N11,100 for cooking energy for every two months or N5,050 each month.

31 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by folake4u(f): 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2022
doggedfighter:

No lies and it isn't funny how quality of life is going down. undecided

I'm telling you, DF.

As inflation rate keeps increasing, quality of literally everything is dropping.

I was shocked the other day to see mayonnaise cream in sachet. Smh.

12 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by doggedfighter(f): 3:45pm On Sep 07, 2022
folake4u:

I'm telling you, DF.

As inflation rate keeps increasing, quality of literally everything is dropping.

I was shocked the other day to see mayonnaise cream in sachet. Smh.

Tell me more , haven't seen that one. grin

3 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Exmilitant(m): 3:45pm On Sep 07, 2022
WhizdomXX:

You say what? Be like the amnesty program they cater for una well oo. Bros I be niger Deltan too o make them reason us one or two naa.
not trying to be immodest but, money is flowing right, left and center in this government. And people are cashing out!

Just stand aside and watch events carefully. With your idea in place you could cash out big before elections time. Stop following the crowd.

Obi is not our Messiah!!

No Messiah is popular. The universe raises whom she wants to redeem her children. Not the people.

Buhari was supposed to deliver Nigerians but, he was caged as was Jonathan.

Obi will be easy to caged and he will end up the worse president in history.

The system in place is well entrenched.

It is the turn of the south to produce power.

Tinubu is ready let him lead!!

9 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Lovenorth: 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2022
I regret supporting APC and Buhari in my life

4 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by folake4u(f): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2022
doggedfighter:

Tell me more , haven't seen that one. grin

Ah I saw it in one shop here in NLS.
Na N50 naira.

It's terrible.

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by poshestmina(f): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2022
No more running generator all night if there's no power supply, if heat wants to kill me , let it finish me.

Stopped attending parties like forever ago , especially those ones with Asoebi angry.

I don't select food anymore, anything available goes.

I'm not buying any clothes till next year, even handkerchiefs grin.

No urgent 5/10k for family and friends, before you start your complain ,I don finish you with my own self except, of course, it's a life-threatening situation.
Changed my skincare products( Price increased from 8500 to 13k plus ),I'm back to my darling vaseline lotion and 700 soap my lipsrsealed.

wigs or weave my natural hair, might cut my hair later on.

I got a stove, charcoal pot ,in case.

I hardly cook now , since I'm alone , na 'mama put' and bukka get me. To cook correct soup now , 10k don vanish except I'm having an important guest(s). Ordinary titus fish now is 1k up for medium sizes undecided

I never travel since February and now Flight ticket has tripled, na Agofure get me this Christmas.

I don't stock up goods for customers again.
I might sell them and before I go to rebuy, the prices have increased overnight and no way to tell the customer any story (this one happened this week) cry.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by ajayiopy: 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2022
pocohantas:
Are there known products you no longer use due to high cost?

Come in here and share your cost-cutting tricks with us. cheesy

1) replace your bread intake with koko or akamu
2) replace your soda drinks with kunnu and soya drink
3) fuel-coordinate your movement
4)electricity--byepass for 2-weeks and pay for 2-weeks
5)drink occasionally
6)add your own

7 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Kirkman: 3:50pm On Sep 07, 2022
God1000:
APC brought this mess on us.

And instead of this party to apologize to nigerians and ask for forgiveness for bringing untold hardship, they are busy gaslighting and campaigning for elections

It's really hard to adjust nowadays because almost everything is expensive.

I don't buy too many cloths for now, just the essentials.
Ogun kee them and their apology. And the Agbado master that foisted Buhari upon Nigerians now wants to rule the country like its his birth right.

3 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Kirchoffs: 3:50pm On Sep 07, 2022
Allow me list my own here.

1. I have removed bread , yam and meat from my diet ,this foods are too expensive, I now eat panla fish because it's cheaper and more nutritious.

2. I use my car to carry passnegers whenever am going to and fro work, this is something I have never done but l thanks to the lifeless cow in power , the little money made I use in buying fuel.

3. I cut my girlfriends, sidechicks, friends with benefits from 7 to just 3, make I for dey see food chop . They are a drain on my meagre resources.

4. I only bath once a day to avoid wasting money for soap, I only shower at night.

5. They are alot of things I have cut, time will not permit me to write it all, all in all Sha it won't be well with people that put this country in this quagmire

19 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Umunze1stSon(m): 3:50pm On Sep 07, 2022
Sablexxxtoons:
May we not feel it is the prayer.. i thought economists say it is inevitable

Op your hands are very beautiful..
Eya!

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by DamiAyo17(f): 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2022
D last time I ate chicken was last year, even fish sef na shawa..it is tasty when fried��
I DNT buy refill Milo and milk again, I buy d rolls because me sef can lick milk like baby, I will just be scooping it in my mouth till it finishes
I buy #200 Viva detergent for my dishes, I use it for more than 2weeks cos it foams well..just little goes a long way
Na potato we take survive dis holiday, yam is a no go area despite d fact it's new yam, it's still very cost here... Hopefully I will try and get by weekend as children are resuming on Monday..Na God hand we dey

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Rahkman: 3:52pm On Sep 07, 2022
pocohantas:
Are there known products you no longer use due to high cost?

Come in here and share your cost-cutting tricks with us. cheesy

u have nice fingers

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Eberex(m): 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2022
No more picking my phone and calling person asking "how far babe".

No more initiation of chats on Whatsapp to those "when are we seeing" group of persons

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by doggedfighter(f): 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2022
folake4u:

Ah I saw it in one shop here in NLS.
Na N50 naira.

It's terrible.

This is more serious than we thought
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Positiveme2020: 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:
- Buy home made liquid soap and cut it into two or three in different containers, then top up with water
- I buy milk and bournvita in sachets now... It's very cheap, plus no room for excessive usage. Ña to just cut one or two sachets use. But if Na refill or tin, the spoon go just dey pack am
- I buy more of potatoes now rather than yam. I don't know the farmers planting potato, but God will continually bless them. Potato price no dey ever increase. #400 potato go full everywhere
- I buy measuring cornflakes and Quaker oats from those selling cake ingredients. It's very cheap and also much, compared to buying packaged ones
- I almost never use my gas to cook. Na so so hotplate now (I don't use prepaid)
- I no dey give woman t.fare if them come visit... If you no get t.fare, dey your house
- Very importantly, I now do this monthly contribution someone introduced to me... So, at the end of the year, I receive about two bags of rice, beverages and other things, which I waybill to my parents and they pour me extra blessing for the coming year

Although twice in a month, I still take myself out and pamper myself sha o

Laslas, everybody go dey alright

I can relate with this, God will bless them oh.
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Jflex07(m): 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2022
madridguy:
The inflation is a serious global threat. I will give kudos to the Nigeria government for managing it well. Though it is tough but its mote than tough in other countries.
How much is their minimum wage? Would you have justified this inflation if this was Jonathan's government? Hypocrite!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Jflex07(m): 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2022
Exmilitant:
not trying to be immodest but, money is flowing right, left and center in this government. And people are cashing out!

Just stand aside and watch events carefully. With your idea in place you could cash out big before elections time. Stop following the crowd.

Obi is not our Messiah!!

No Messiah is popular. The universe raises whom she wants to redeem her children. Not the people.

Buhari was supposed to deliver Nigerians but, he was caged as was Jonathan.

Obi will be easy to caged and he will end up the worse president in history.

The system in place is well entrenched.

It is the turn of the south to produce power.

Tinubu is ready let him lead!!
Exactly what a Tinubu urrchin would say

7 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by folake4u(f): 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2022
doggedfighter:

This is more serious than we thought

It is actually. cry

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Positiveme2020: 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2022
Oyerinde16:
I have bypass my meter, no more 10k unit per months, its now 1k... I use more of electric cooker and boiling rings now, my 6kg gas that last 2 weeks now last 1 month plus... I have converted my car to uber/bolt o... No more free lifting... I have renewed contract with all my gadgets till next year when thing improves, none should be unfortunate to packup, same for my car, same for cloths... I saw n bought one smart suit/jacket along d road for 1k... No more 10k butik for now... Shoprite is now once in a month, chicken shawama 80% cut down, no unnecessary outings, antfriend sea bill me now na sorry I just do something, if u ask me when, I tell u for now nothing... They no de tell person... Adulthood na scam...
grin
Bro you are funny sha.
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by CaptainAyub: 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2022
madridguy:
You must surely display your zombeizm for all to see.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Is A Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area? Oseni Rufai Asks / Checkout This Amazing Cake (Photos) / "I Love Your Culture But..." - British Lady To Her Nigerian Hubby (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.