Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) (38788 Views)

How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? / Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) / What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by babavik: 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2022
nedekid:

Ensure to prepare before traveling. Get someone to include your name in their utility bill months before your trip.
That is what you will use as proof of address. You will also use that address to receive post from the bank including your well come pack. It has to be someone you trust if not the receiver can use your details to steal your money through identity theft.
Basically with this you can go online to try opening with one of the majors ie Lloyd's, hsbc, sartanda, Barclaya etc.
If you still have difficulties, then try with the online banks, the requirements are not as stringent. Eg monzo.
So I did one of the majors and a monzo. Majors for major savings and the monzo for small savings and regular expenses.
The nice thing is that I was able to set up a PayPal account instantly and can receive and make payments. I think naija cards with paypal can only pay not receive.
So generally, na to de save money for stable environment. Supprisenly, the overdraft offered me ehh, in all my banking in naija, no bank has ever offered me that much as a new customer oh. That one na for if person get better business to do, na him I go touch am grin
Dont forget to roam the phone line before returning to naija ohh, cause the banks need to reach you at any time or else I hear they close accounts.
Na the end tori be that grin

This is not the first time I'm screenshoting your comment.
There's always something to learn. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by FabulousAutos(m): 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2022
No adjustment yet cos God have been faithful. I only pity those who are campaigning for the old thieves to come back. The kind of comments I read here shows that we are yet to learm from our mistakes.

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by jojothaiv(m): 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

Nairaland ppl will not kill me, I'm guilty of this one( facebook story too). Let them oppress their papa, not me. grin
See correct update abeg....
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2022
Brownshoe:
Well i usually don't eat nor drink, so it saves me alot, even fuel i usually buy sometimes i disappear to wherever i want to go.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Ebubu: 8:58pm On Sep 07, 2022
emmaodet:

Yes bro
i knew it
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by somehow: 9:02pm On Sep 07, 2022
God1000:
APC brought this mess on us, a lot of nigerians today are facing existential crisis, trying to subsist.

And instead of this party to apologize to nigerians and ask for forgiveness for bringing untold hardship, they are busy gaslighting and campaigning for elections

It's really hard to adjust nowadays because almost everything is expensive.

I don't buy too many cloths for now, just the essentials.

Inflation is a global phenomenon.

Almost every country in the world is going through one inflation or the other.

Everything nobi APC, PDP, LP, QPR.
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Sweetvie: 9:07pm On Sep 07, 2022
babavik:

grin grin
Women sef!!
So you would stare at your own hands and be wondering if it is yours?
Lmao... Like seriously it so beautiful can't help it and m not using any skin care on it grin
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by chazon(m): 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2022
Cut down on:
Cinema once a week
Car & generator fuel...
Random or selective outings..
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2022
Before I used to sub premium DStv package every month

Then i adjusted to yanga, later I only subed anytime their marketers call and promise to dash me additional exciting channels.

Now I don dey reason TSTV.

Before I usually used 1litre of morning fresh per month

I have adjusted to using just 1 in a year (as in 1 calendar year)!

Aswear this regime are high on cheap weed, they are not in the right frame of mind

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by babavik: 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2022
Sweetvie:
Lmao... Like seriously it so beautiful can't help it and m not using any skin care on it grin
Lol

Drop pics lets compare it with poco's own
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by stormborn28(m): 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2022
I'm waiting for the Useless APC supporters to talk...mumu people in a draconian party

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Weallbloom: 10:02pm On Sep 07, 2022
We began to cut down during the first recession. We began to make our own bread using poor and sand. We learned from YouTube. We also make sweet potato pancakes and doughnuts for breakfast.
Yam is out. We make our own akamu - mixture of koro, corn and millet. Ground to dust. We don't filter. We make moi moi. Whole family is allergic to milk so that was out a long time. We buy cocoa powder and sugar from bakers.
I shop for newly released soaps from major shops. Those are cheaper.

5 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Mamayam: 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2022
pocohantas:
Are there known products you no longer use due to high cost?

Come in here and share your cost-cutting tricks with us. cheesy

How does this make any sense? The 100cl Morning Fresh will wash better than 20 of that homemade soap.

4 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by nedekid: 10:08pm On Sep 07, 2022
babavik:

This is not the first time I'm screenshoting your comment.
There's always something to learn. Thanks
Nice. Thanks.
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by nedekid: 10:22pm On Sep 07, 2022
Oyerinde16:
I have bypass my meter, no more 10k unit per months, its now 1k... I use more of electric cooker and boiling rings now, my 6kg gas that last 2 weeks now last 1 month plus... I have converted my car to uber/bolt o... No more free lifting... I have renewed contract with all my gadgets till next year when thing improves, none should be unfortunate to packup, same for my car, same for cloths... I saw n bought one smart suit/jacket along d road for 1k... No more 10k butik for now... Shoprite is now once in a month, chicken shawama 80% cut down, no unnecessary outings, antfriend sea bill me now na sorry I just do something, if u ask me when, I tell u for now nothing... They no de tell person... Adulthood na scam...
But you know one day na one day, Nepa will catch you and have the last laugh. They will make sure you pay estimated bill of their choosing for how long they feel you bypassed their meter. All so add a generous fine before your are reconnected. Let me tell you a secret, Nepa always know when you bypass. How? Your marketer in charge of that area and accounts department have a record of your trend of electricity consumption, so if eg you were using 10k weekly, then you start using 2k. It raises a red flag in their billing system. They then give you time to relax and think you are smart, getting away with it, then they pounce on you by making and unexpected inspection. Nna na there yawa go gas.

6 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by fohlarp: 10:27pm On Sep 07, 2022
In all d scrpture says it all, lets rememba His coming is near,n in d last days dr shall be famine,pestilence( mayb covid 19), nation rising against nations etc cant believe vegetable,soko n green cant be found in farms agn said some farmers.
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Drdreluv: 10:49pm On Sep 07, 2022
Omoluabi16:
Cut down on travels and outings.
More of Lipton less of Milo.
I now use electricity appliances very smartly, and also try to control my cravings even if it's very hard.
Using the life of an item before changing/disposing.. no more unnecessary dash dash. Then you must gboju for some kind event.
Nobody fit bill me say you graduate abi you born. Na congrats I go give.
Agreed YOLO but the days are evu.
na pressure pot I de use cook beans and yam now na sharp sharp 5min food done set

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 10:54pm On Sep 07, 2022
Mamayam:

How does this make any sense? The 100cl Morning Fresh will wash better than 20 of that homemade soap.

Ok.

ajayiopy:

1) replace your bread intake with koko or akamu
2) replace your soda drinks with kunnu and soya drink
3) fuel-coordinate your movement
4)electricity--byepass for 2-weeks and pay for 2-weeks
5)drink occasionally
6)add your own

I know akamu. What is koko?

I don’t support bypassing ones meter. It is illegal and shouldn’t be recommended.

I don’t take soda anymore and I have never been into alcohol. So, I’ll learn to coordinate my movement. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by mastermaestro(m): 11:27pm On Sep 07, 2022
folake4u:

I'm telling you, DF.

As inflation rate keeps increasing, quality of literally everything is dropping.

I was shocked the other day to see mayonnaise cream in sachet. Smh.

E don cast be that. Mayonnaise in sachet? cry
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Sweetvie: 12:13am On Sep 08, 2022
babavik:

Lol

Drop pics lets compare it with poco's own
Lol... I can't
I got bunch of fam here... Any little leak my brothers will know it me lol
It won't be faceless forum again cheesy grin
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Holyvurgin17(m): 2:57am On Sep 08, 2022
God bless you Op. Milk don dey e remain garri and sugar. Sense will not kill me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Dopenigga(m): 3:03am On Sep 08, 2022
Exmilitant:
not trying to be immodest but, money is flowing right, left and center in this government. And people are cashing out!

Just stand aside and watch events carefully. With your idea in place you could cash out big before elections time. Stop following the crowd.

Obi is not our Messiah!!

No Messiah is popular. The universe raises whom she wants to redeem her children. Not the people.

Buhari was supposed to deliver Nigerians but, he was caged as was Jonathan.

Obi will be easy to caged and he will end up the worse president in history.

The system in place is well entrenched.

It is the turn of the south to produce power.

Tinubu is ready let him lead!!
I tried making sense from your post but I couldn't. Tinubu is more fit to rule than Obi? Tinubu?! Lol

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Divoc19(f): 3:32am On Sep 08, 2022
What is tombrown please
NoToPile:
Na God dey help person.

For morning children cereals, I make tombrown (soya, gero, groundut, corn) the main cereal for the children, cornflakes and amazing day is a back up not the main cereal the adults also take the tombrown sometimes.
The Mata just Taya persin.
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by NoToPile: 3:45am On Sep 08, 2022
Divoc19:
What is tombrown please

It's a pap like cereal made up of different grains, soya and groundnut ( ensure the child is not allergic to groundnut or soya), I had introduced ground nut and soya separately to check for allergies once I am sure non of them reacts to it I prepare.

The only downside is it has to be cooked on fire a bit, you mix the powder with water to a smooth paste, add small water boiling in a pot and introduce the mixture and turn for like 2 minutes as if you are making pap on fire.

You can't make it like normal pap with just boiling water, it won't cook well.

You can follow this and modify to your taste.

https://www.nairaland.com/971395/new-born-babies-u-new/1298#62300796

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Oyerinde16(m): 5:13am On Sep 08, 2022
nedekid:

But you know one day na one day, Nepa will catch you and have the last laugh. They will make sure you pay estimated bill of their choosing for how long they feel you bypassed their meter. All so add a generous fine before your are reconnected. Let me tell you a secret, Nepa always know when you bypass. How? Your marketer in charge of that area and accounts department have a record of your trend of electricity consumption, so if eg you were using 10k weekly, then you start using 2k. It raises a red flag in their billing system. They then give you time to relax and think you are smart, getting away with it, then they pounce on you by making and unexpected inspection. Nna na there yawa go gas.

Nne my simple explanation is I have traveled and no much appliances... I know they can't catch me unaware cos of my house settings, then the bypass is through an armored cable that pass through my sealing... Before they pull it out of my sealing, I have disconnected it... They can argue with stones...

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by MMotimo: 5:15am On Sep 08, 2022
I load and unload my online cart multiple times.
Takes longer to actually “checkout” my favourite items cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by mosaicafrique: 6:43am On Sep 08, 2022
All I did for myself was to resign from a fixed salary job with Gtbank and switch to an income building job, Allowances and commission based with leadway Assurance company. This has given me the opportunity to earn at random and most times I earn twice my previous salary in same month. Income building job is the future of money making and inflation control mechanism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by mojounited(m): 9:23am On Sep 08, 2022
Oyerinde16:
I have bypass my meter, no more 10k unit per months, its now 1k... I use more of electric cooker and boiling rings now, my 6kg gas that last 2 weeks now last 1 month plus... I have converted my car to uber/bolt o... No more free lifting... I have renewed contract with all my gadgets till next year when thing improves, none should be unfortunate to packup, same for my car, same for cloths... I saw n bought one smart suit/jacket along d road for 1k... No more 10k butik for now... Shoprite is now once in a month, chicken shawama 80% cut down, no unnecessary outings, antfriend sea bill me now na sorry I just do something, if u ask me when, I tell u for now nothing... They no de tell person... Adulthood na scam...

Better start saving for your day of reckoning. When their monitoring team finally discover that fraudulent by-pass (they'll definitely catch you, it is inevitable), you'll pay through your nose. N103,000 penalty and reconnection for a 3-phase meter and N45,000 per month on usage. So if you've utilised electricity for 6 months, just do the math.

3 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by ADUKKY(f): 9:31am On Sep 08, 2022
A lot of changes.

1. I added a small business to my 9 to 5 job.
2. I buy in bulk and ensure I go to the cheapest market around me, ile epo. No shopping on the street.
3. I also cook beans in bulk.
4. Pressure cooker for most food except spag. Saves gas, beans is cooked in less than 20 mins while rice is less than 10 mins
5. I make pap and nourish it with ginger and cinnamon. I don't sieve my pap so no room for wastage only that it cost me additional 100 naira when blending it. All grains and blending cost me 2,000 early August and I still have over 4 litrs left for September.
6. I plan changing my line to post paid. Hubby pays 5k for calls, data and sms and it lasts for a month while I spend over 10k on data and calls. My job and business requires that I am online always.
7. No eating out except on few occasions
8. Potatoes to the rescue anytime yam moves mad
9. No wasting of food no matter how small. I pack and freeze it for future need
10. I don comot hand for titus. I do mostly shawa(I know it has bones but once you airfry it, even the bone becomes chewable), gizzard (1 pack lasts 2 weeks) and chicken for sundays.
11. Switched to measured unbranded cereals like oats, milk, cocopops, cornflakes, fruit and fibre etc. That's my side hustle anyway. I was sceptical about the unbranded at first but as I do my investigation and got a good supplier, it has been a life saver. I eventually turned it to my side hustle and I supply mostly bank staff and office people.
12. Every month end, I carefully go through my kitchen to identify what is needed and what can still be managed and draw up a list. Na me and my list dey go market, anything not covered in that list doesn't follow me back home expect it is very important. No impulsive buying.

I do esusu too, compulsory saving so no room for laulau. It has helped me a lot. I pull the esusu out of my monthly income before spending a dime, whatever is left must be well managed.

9 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:55am On Sep 08, 2022
There are some places that by merely deciding stepping out of the house you must spend your pockets, wallet empty.
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Alldew: 11:00am On Sep 08, 2022
madridguy:
The inflation is a serious global threat. I will give kudos to the Nigeria government for managing it well. Though it is tough but its mote than tough in other countries.
You can never disappoint I swear. Simple question them ask, you didn't address it rather you started praising your FG as usual. And talking about how it is tougher in other countries which you weren't asked. How you ever ready to defend this government without flinching for once really baffles me.

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by tsdarkside(m): 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2022
indeed....forget western world....they are finished....

a while ago indonisia banned the export of chicken....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Is A Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area? Oseni Rufai Asks / Checkout This Amazing Cake (Photos) / "I Love Your Culture But..." - British Lady To Her Nigerian Hubby (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.