Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,397 members, 7,819,412 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) (38806 Views)

How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? / Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) / What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by CoolJul: 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2022
Hmm... thank God for His grace o.

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by franchasofficia: 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2022
In terms of economy, I am solidly behind Buhari because because lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, but in area of security I de feel like hitting his head with big plank cheesy shocked
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Owaincouncil: 6:32pm On Sep 07, 2022
pocohantas:
Are there known products you no longer use due to high cost?

Come in here and share your cost-cutting tricks with us. cheesy

Op. U can't even fill up the milk container. Na wa ooo
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Ijaya123: 6:43pm On Sep 07, 2022
God1000:
APC brought this mess on us, a lot of nigerians today are facing existential crisis, trying to subsist.

And instead of this party to apologize to nigerians and ask for forgiveness for bringing untold hardship, they are busy gaslighting and campaigning for elections

It's really hard to adjust nowadays because almost everything is expensive.

I don't buy too many cloths for now, just the essentials.

I guess apc is also in charge of the world economy.

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 6:47pm On Sep 07, 2022
Owaincouncil:

Op. U can't even fill up the milk container. Na wa ooo

Lol. I didn’t buy it today, but I took the picture at the point of creating this thread.

gloryhomemaker:

Pocohantas, I have said this before.
Your hands are so beautiful grin
You no dey use hands wash clothes?
Why are they so soft to the eyes?
That soap should not spoil your skin abeg.

For the cost cutting tricks, I trained myself long before now to live within my means.
What I can't afford does not entice me.
I buy things in bulk but that does not mean it will be eaten at once.
For example, each morning is one sachet milo, one sachet hollandia milk for each person.
Even if the house is full of milo and milk, no one takes more than one.
I do intermittent fasting a lot, it lifts my spirit, saves food and keeps me looking younger cheesy
I buy Mama Lemon dish washing liquid and mix with water so the children don't finish one bottle in a day cheesy
The local one is not good for my skin.
I don't have any monthly television subscription.
I don't run generator, except there is no light and I want to pump water.
My 12.5kg lasts months. Once am done cooking I put the heat off.
Some people can boil water and leave it on heat minutes after its boiled, not me. I can even perceive the boiling smell wherever am at.
Solar is better, costly at first but no noise and fuel buying later.
I delved into new streams of income to support the family.
No throwing away of food, not even in my dreams.
So much to say but time will fail me.

Thanks Glory. I hand wash, a lot for that matter. I believe it is genetic. cheesy

I buy in bulk too, but recently I went to restock, I was shocked at the new prices. Nawa o!

Now that you have mentioned this homemade soap not being safe for your skin, I would start taking note or discontinue usage. I have quite a sensitive skin. Though I haven’t noticed anything. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Love800(m): 7:07pm On Sep 07, 2022
drinking garri here nd der. Sometimes i add milk nd chocolate with sugar, sometimes i add only salt nd groundnut. I now eat oil rice(concotion) like no man buisness. Mamaput akamu nd beans too. Lord am tired of dis foods. Cant wait to get my degree, masters, phd nd prof, so i can tour united states like professor florence of unical. So help me God

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by colizee(m): 7:15pm On Sep 07, 2022
Betting, God help me. lipsrsealed
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by gerizzim: 7:17pm On Sep 07, 2022
CoolJul:
Hmm... thank God for His grace o.

I'll advice anyone to get extra source of income now.

Amazon14.com is and example. If interested quote me with your WhatsApp or telegram number.

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Allisgud: 7:18pm On Sep 07, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]Where are the agbado eaters tell us how the sapka show u for this apc gonment,u still want to collect 2500 to eat for another 4 years think wisely
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by NoToPile: 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2022
babavik:

Please if possible you can make a thread on how to make Tombrown.
Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/971395/new-born-babies-u-new/1298#62300796

You can follow that recipe.

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by remsonik(f): 7:27pm On Sep 07, 2022
I take mama put beans and bread in the morning. Whenever I cook I mostly time it to when there's light so my 6kg gas can last me for 3 months.
I rarely cook chicken and turkey this days cos it's too costly and if I ask them to sell half kilo for me most won't agree. I get a crate of egg, buy dried ponmo, kundi meat and fish stocked up in the kitchen . So I pick any of these items and add to my soup.
I make liquid soap and I store them in gallons and use for washing dishes, the floor and all other cleanings.
I eat twice in a day and the soup I cook per day will last me for 3-5 days.
No more Netflix subscription,try to trek, and I try to make sure that my monthly spendings doesn't go above 50-60k

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Ebubu: 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2022
emmaodet:

grin grin grin grin.....@ bolded for milk.
Pocohantas, the wey you dey take waka go back so, hmmmmmm.... from refilled milk, i pray make e no reach 3-crown or nuno milk or worst congo-measured open non-branded local milks.
This reminds me of someone that came to do IT in my former company. IT guys were paid 200k per month then plus some unofficial/under-the-table money we do see, so total take home for IT guys then was minimum 700k.
Instead of guy to save and upgrade, he like many of his colleagues went straight to go buy nice cars, rented apartments in PH or abuja @ 350k and above per year etc and started clubbing, banging ladies up and down (typical nigerian youth mentality)
Fast-forward to 2017, tragedy struck the industry. Many lay-offs, cost-cutting measures from companies.
Many IT guys laid-off, others salary cut down to 50k per month with meagre under-the-table money coming in.
Na so my guy fall into depression. Always thinking and worried.
Gfs ran away. defaulted on house rent payment and had to relocate from Ph to Uyo for a lesser apartment. After a year couldn't cope, moved again to Ikot-Epkene.
I told him at this rate bro, you may likely end up in Oron or Ibaka abi how do we explain Ph to Uyo to Ikot Ekpene?
oil company?

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Chopchopfine: 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2022
Always have cooked food at home.
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by nedekid: 7:44pm On Sep 07, 2022
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Hopez456(m): 7:53pm On Sep 07, 2022
nedekid:
I opened bank account outside the country to cope with the inflation and uncertainty over forex savings in naija.
I go de save target of 500 ori Iya Charles every month. grin
How did you do that? Care to share?

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Yormit442: 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2022
te author=haconjy post=116441298]Anytime I wake up,
I curse APC and pray for separation.

Of cause for now, I supported Peter Obi, but if at the end Obi lost, then Next is Oduduwa Republic.

Nigeria is hell fire on earth.[/quote]

My first choice is Oduduwa republic if that doesn't work I go for Peter Obi as our next presido (but chance of Obi winning the election is very slim that's the bitter truth)

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Bizibi(m): 7:56pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ijaya123:

I guess apc is also in charge of the world economy.
don't give excuses for that stupid party.... inflation on prices has been going up since 2018.

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Oizee(f): 8:08pm On Sep 07, 2022
folake4u:
I'm not a fan of Soft drinks. I'd rather take fruit drinks or so.

Anyways, this inflation made me stopped taking Chivita and 5alive(N600/700), na Capri-Sun (N100 for one) I dey drink now. kiss
I also stopped using Peak tin milk for my cornflakes, I now use sachet milk.

God go punish Buhari and him cohorts.
lol, u are a very funny person.
So the economy turned u in to a baby.... I don laf taya.
U even stil Tried, me i replaced the children drink from caprisone to happy hour, before I used to make their tea without sugar, now that I have reduced the quantity of Milo and milk i have to add sugar to taste.
Buhari humble everybody.

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by stacyadams: 8:10pm On Sep 07, 2022
play5050:
Before I take as least 5 stick of cigarettes per day, Benson switch one is #50x5 is 250 but now I smoke Benson boast which 2 is #50.

At least I can save #150 per day.

chai..make I go find Benson boast..Benson switch don wreck me
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by lanocfoods: 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2022
Exmilitant:
not trying to be immodest but, money is flowing right, left and center in this government. And people are cashing out!

Just stand aside and watch events carefully. With your idea in place you could cash out big before elections time. Stop following the crowd.

Obi is not our Messiah!!

No Messiah is popular. The universe raises whom she wants to redeem her children. Not the people.

Buhari was supposed to deliver Nigerians but, he was caged as was Jonathan.

Obi will be easy to caged and he will end up the worse president in history.

The system in place is well entrenched.

It is the turn of the south to produce power.

Tinubu is ready let him lead!!
So tinubu that is medically unfit is the one that would not be caged, tell me something. True true you can't support APC without looking and sounding stupid

7 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by emmaodet: 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ebubu:
oil company?

Yes bro
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by nedekid: 8:19pm On Sep 07, 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by lanocfoods: 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2022
Tochj:
I now use grinded Cocoa for my tea
One paint bucket is 4k
Instead of buying Small pack for big money.
How do you source them, I'll love to try it Biko

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Strokes: 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2022
I simply found more sources of income
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by babavik: 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2022
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by folake4u(f): 8:31pm On Sep 07, 2022
Oizee:
lol, u are a very funny person.
So the economy turned u in to a baby.... I don laf taya.
U even stil Tried, me i replaced the children drink from caprisone to happy hour, before I used to make their tea without sugar, now that I have reduced the quantity of Milo and milk i have to add sugar to taste.
Buhari humble everybody.

Hehehe.
Why do people think Capri-Sun is only for babies? cheesy Abeg I like am oh.

That Happy Hour nor dey belleful person oh. Just one sip and it's finished.

Buhari really humble everybody. The thing touch every class in the society.
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by rapcy(m): 8:33pm On Sep 07, 2022
pocohantas:
Are there known products you no longer use due to high cost?

Come in here and share your cost-cutting tricks with us. cheesy

Money good o! See as poco hand clean & soft like heaven grin
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by babavik: 8:33pm On Sep 07, 2022
Sweetvie:
You got a beautiful hand
Like mine grin
Mine is so beautiful that sometimes I just stare at it and be asking my myself is the hand for me lol

grin grin
Women sef!!
So you would stare at your own hands and be wondering if it is yours?

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Lastpharoah33: 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2022
NACE13:
I no longer buy satchet water. I use my electric jug to boil 20lrs of water to hold me for the week. I don't use prepaid for now.
Distance to the office is about 20mins, so I decided to buy a bicycle to aid my movement and it has saved me a ton of money and same time exercising everyday.
I buy my milk and choco is rolls, no more refill. My sugar is the local ones they sell per cup.
Planning on getting coal stove to cook beans and other meals that take time to prepare.
My TV screen got broke few weeks ago, now I use my laptop because I can't cough out 80-100k for another smart tv.

Things are so bad, even my neighbour's wife came to ask me for sugar to make pap for her kids cry
I hardly even view people's status on WhatsApp.
This year, I don't think I'm gonna celebrate my Mom's birthday either. When I celebrated mine, I just took only myself out.

Nairaland ppl will not kill me, I'm guilty of this one( facebook story too). Let them oppress their papa, not me. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Iseoluwani: 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2022
staga:
A relation of mine visited earlier in the year. He was asked how much food he will eat. He indicated and was served. Only for me to come back to meet the food half eaten in the kitchen. I was mad.

I told my wife to warm the remnant for him the next day and he ate it. He got the message. He cannot try such in his house so why bring such to mine?

That's how it should be done

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Checkout This Amazing Cake (Photos) / "I Love Your Culture But..." - British Lady To Her Nigerian Hubby (vid) / Egusi Soup With Bitter Leaf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.