Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) (38848 Views)

How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? / Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) / What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by babavik: 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

My dear, na the smallest morning fresh plastic I dey buy now, soap(dudu osun) peak milk sachet(inside my fridge plus milo sachet) I stopped taking checkers custard,now na to grind Guinea corn,corn and ginger(pap)

Etc
Please how can i prepare the guinea corn, corn and ginger pap?

Anticipating for your reply.

Thanks
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Tqw1: 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2022
Tough
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by FreeStuffsNG: 4:55pm On Sep 07, 2022
Reinaldo:

I have made the decision to no longer be stupid by voting APC out ASAP.

Let Moh247 PandoraObi Leodeking and FreeStuffsNG answer this question

Long before the global inflation induced by the Ukraine- Putin war, I have learnt two important ways in life to improve my bottomline; cut costs by living below your means and increase your income then invest the increase.

Be disciplined, stay off idleness on the social media, go to a great reputable school , study great courses and finish with great grades, use those two approaches and you will realise that during good times and bad economic times like pandemic, global wars etc, you still keep your head out of water.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by RockhouseCafe: 4:56pm On Sep 07, 2022
Some guys tried to steal my pumping machine but didn't succeed, though the broke the pipe connections both ways.

Went to the market,got the parts, 5 in all plus gum this morning. Will fix by myself on Sunday. We no dey give SHI-SHI to plumber.

11 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by ljoh: 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2022
God1000:
APC brought this mess on us, a lot of nigerians today are facing existential crisis, trying to subsist.

And instead of this party to apologize to nigerians and ask for forgiveness for bringing untold hardship, they are busy gaslighting and campaigning for elections

It's really hard to adjust nowadays because almost everything is expensive.

I don't buy too many cloths for now, just the essentials.

The problem is not from APC, it would still happen no matter who is there,

All we need is restructuring and decentralisation of power in Nigeria.

We will get that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Eagba(m): 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2022
Exmilitant:
not trying to be immodest but, money is flowing right, left and center in this government. And people are cashing out!

Just stand aside and watch events carefully. With your idea in place you could cash out big before elections time. Stop following the crowd.

Obi is not our Messiah!!

No Messiah is popular. The universe raises whom she wants to redeem her children. Not the people.

Buhari was supposed to deliver Nigerians but, he was caged as was Jonathan.

Obi will be easy to caged and he will end up the worse president in history.

The system in place is well entrenched.

It is the turn of the south to produce power.

Tinubu is ready let him lead!!
fool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 07, 2022
babavik:

Please how can i prepare the guinea corn, corn and ginger pap?

Anticipating for your reply.

Thanks

If u no sabi use hot water to do it,my dear leave am o

U won't like to drink watery pap.. u just have to do it half done

Buy ur corn and Guinea corn,soak am for some days to make it soft, add ginger and grind am together, use neat white cloth to strain am or sieve am(removing the chaff) once u are done..pour it into a cloth or lining (something to drain the water away approximately for 3days or till u feel the water has drained off...

To make it solid, use kettle and let the water boil very very well, use lil water to make the pap liquid (not watery o) add ur hot water den cover it for some minutes, den keep stirring till it gets tick

Note: can't be tick like custard, when u put milk,e go lost..lol

Hope this helps

It's same process for normal corn pap

Just different when trying to use hot water

Na man I be o

My wife or gf no fit use cooking and all shakara me

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by WhizdomXX(m): 5:06pm On Sep 07, 2022
Exmilitant:
not trying to be immodest but, money is flowing right, left and center in this government. And people are cashing out!

Just stand aside and watch events carefully. With your idea in place you could cash out big before elections time. Stop following the crowd.

Obi is not our Messiah!!

No Messiah is popular. The universe raises whom she wants to redeem her children. Not the people.

Buhari was supposed to deliver Nigerians but, he was caged as was Jonathan.

Obi will be easy to caged and he will end up the worse president in history.

The system in place is well entrenched.

It is the turn of the south to produce power.

Tinubu is ready let him lead!!
Okay. I'm into teaching, data analysis& cyber security and I am learning aluminum fabrication. If you see any need for a good hand in any of these areas, please don't fail to remember me. I'm also into cassava, maize and yam planting although mainly subsistence but I could grow with the necessary inputs. I reside in Delta State. Thanks for the advice.

3 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by GboyegaD(m): 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2022
The inflation is everywhere. I had to draft a budget of late for the next 6 months and we are adhering strictly to it. No impulse buying and giving for me as I lack control in these areas.

As for food, I guess there isn't much to change.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by babavik: 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2022
NoToPile:
Na God dey help person.

For morning children cereals, I make tombrown (soya, gero, groundut, corn) the main cereal for the children, cornflakes and amazing day is a back up not the main cereal the adults also take the tombrown sometimes.

I switched from full cream to skim milk miksi, it's cheaper, still better than no milk at all.

For washing plates
Liquid soap, made 5 liters for 1k, the thing dinot foam well like morning fresh grin also tried buying kogi soap( they said 3 large ones 500) I say kogi soap this costly? I maintained the local liquid soap jeje

Detergent I buy in carton to save small 10tenten kobo here and there.

No wastage of food at all at all.

The Mata just Taya persin.

Please if possible you can make a thread on how to make Tombrown.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by AlphaStyles(m): 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2022
Can't remember the last time I ate semovita it's now Eba for swallow

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by atinga1: 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2022
madridguy:
You can wail as usual grin APC will win again and again.

Yeah, right. Keep dreaming. You should be worried about the continuous defection of your northern APC members.
I wonder where the drug lord will get his votes from.

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by afficionado7: 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2022
'till later in life' almost made me spill my drink grin[quote author=tillaman post=116441293]Literally the only resources i no dey manage now na AIR ooo every other thing na manage o, no more Netflix sef till later in life
As e dey be like this sef ehn i no dey drink expensive liquor again na Guiness and Heineken sure pass
No more cologne oo body spray is the new cool and perfumed oil too

I thank God say I don buy my woman bone straight(s) last year so na just didi she dey do she go knack any of the bone straight on top[/quote
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by babavik: 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

If u no sabi use hot water to do it,my dear leave am o

U won't like to drink watery pap.. u just have to do it half done

Buy ur corn and Guinea corn,soak am for some days to make it soft, add ginger and grind am together, use neat white cloth to strain am or sieve am(removing the chaff) once u are done..pour it into a cloth or lining (something to drain the water away approximately for 3days or till u feel the water has drained off...

To make it solid, use kettle and let the water boil very very well, use lil water to make the pap liquid (not watery o) add ur hot water den cover it for some minutes, den keep stirring till it gets tick

Note: can't be tick like custard, when u put milk,e go lost..lol

Hope this helps

It's same process for normal corn pap

Just different when trying to use hot water

Na man I be o

My wife or gf no fit use cooking and all shakara me
grin grin grin

Thanks man!!

Man wey sabi process corn to pap na cooking soup go come be wahala? grin grin grin

I appreciate, God bless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by omoyeni37: 5:29pm On Sep 07, 2022
I like the OP's hands, very fresh and clean

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Tochj(m): 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2022
Kaysalas:

Where do you buy this please? I am very interested
Odu ero market barracks before volts Badagry Express way Lagos

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Shikini: 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2022
Terrible days
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by NACE13: 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2022
I no longer buy satchet water. I use my electric jug to boil 20lrs of water to hold me for the week. I don't use prepaid for now.
Distance to the office is about 20mins, so I decided to buy a bicycle to aid my movement and it has saved me a ton of money and same time exercising everyday.
I buy my milk and choco is rolls, no more refill. My sugar is the local ones they sell per cup.
Planning on getting coal stove to cook beans and other meals that take time to prepare.
My TV screen got broke few weeks ago, now I use my laptop because I can't cough out 80-100k for another smart tv.

Things are so bad, even my neighbour's wife came to ask me for sugar to make pap for her kids cry
I hardly even view people's status on WhatsApp.
This year, I don't think I'm gonna celebrate my Mom's birthday either. When I celebrated mine, I just took only myself out.

12 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by cayorday89(m): 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2022
Where I reside has light roughly 20hrs a day, and we don't use prepaid meter, after the price of pure water went up, an idea came to mind, I boiled water and store in a container refrigerate it and I have my own pure water. Also I buy pepper and tomato in bulk, blend, boil and cook some then store in freezer. Gas is meant for emergency blackout as I use electric cooker. Clothes are also washed once a week, so that minimal detergent will be used to wash them all.
If not for my me alone lifestyle, na to find roommate to share rent fee.

For data, I switch between two sims, one with data and the other without data to access Nairaland for free and to prevent me from numerous notifications that will make me check them every now and then, thereby wasting precious time and data...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Lamanii22(f): 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2022
Awwww wonderful thread! I have learned so much

3 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by 2Radii: 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2022
Aahhh

Wahala owa ooh!! shocked

How person dey use....i mean how family dey use sachet g/nut oyel fry/cook na grin grin
Abeg how many sachets are u goin to slaughter grin
doggedfighter:
We hardly fry these days . Groundnut oil is costly.

In my house we use satchet groundnut oil instead of the bottled ones grin

My phone camera and torch stopped working months ago.

Still using the phone without camera and torch.

Never knewI would be able to use a cameraless and torchless phone. grin

Though yet to buy, saw where chicken sellers t now kill chickens and share it on their tables instead of waiting for buyers to buy whole.

Will buy soon. grin

For hair, I use more of reusable afro attachments, crotchets grin

Quality of life going doing on a daily cry
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by breadplanets(f): 5:59pm On Sep 07, 2022
pocohantas:
Are there known products you no longer use due to high cost?

Come in here and share your cost-cutting tricks with us. cheesy

I disagree with the liquid soap. The smallest size of morning fresh last me atleast 4 weeks. Meanwhile a 60cl bottle of the locally made liquid soap lasts just few days for me. Doesn't wash well for me like morning fresh. I used to make it myself with the choicest of ingredients so it's not about buying the one they made well or not.

For other sturvs grin I've always been a manager so nothing much has changed. I would make water myself if I can cheesy

7 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2022
pocohantas:

Pocohantas, I have said this before.
Your hands are so beautiful grin
You no dey use hands wash clothes?
Why are they so soft to the eyes?
That soap should not spoil your skin abeg.

For the cost cutting tricks, I trained myself long before now to live within my means.
What I can't afford does not entice me.
I buy things in bulk but that does not mean it will be eaten at once.
For example, each morning is one sachet milo, one sachet hollandia milk for each person.
Even if the house is full of milo and milk, no one takes more than one.
I do intermittent fasting a lot, it lifts my spirit, saves food and keeps me looking younger cheesy
I buy Mama Lemon dish washing liquid and mix with water so the children don't finish one bottle in a day cheesy
The local one is not good for my skin.
I don't have any monthly television subscription.
I don't run generator, except there is no light and I want to pump water.
My 12.5kg lasts months. Once am done cooking I put the heat off.
Some people can boil water and leave it on heat minutes after its boiled, not me. I can even perceive the boiling smell wherever am at.
Solar is better, costly at first but no noise and fuel buying later.
I delved into new streams of income to support the family.
No throwing away of food, not even in my dreams.
So much to say but time will fail me.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 07, 2022
babavik:

grin grin grin

Thanks man!!

Man wey sabi process corn to pap na cooking soup go come be wahala? grin grin grin

I appreciate, God bless

grin

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by folake4u(f): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2022
RockhouseCafe:

Ah ah, no be today now. Tiger mayo dey for sachet. Na him l dey used b4 oh, but now, no more mayo, chop the bread like that

Me nor know before oh.
E never too tey when I see am for shop sef.
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Sweetvie: 6:14pm On Sep 07, 2022
pocohantas:

You got a beautiful hand
Like mine grin
Mine is so beautiful that sometimes I just stare at it and be asking my myself is the hand for me lol

2 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by staga: 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2022
A relation of mine visited earlier in the year. He was asked how much food he will eat. He indicated and was served. Only for me to come back to meet the food half eaten in the kitchen. I was mad.

I told my wife to warm the remnant for him the next day and he ate it. He got the message. He cannot try such in his house so why bring such to mine?

13 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Nonexisting1: 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2022
If where and what I'm driving or flying to won't bring in money that, I'm not going. Business now before pleasure. I bought my parents easy to operate smart phones the last time I went to the village and top their data from here. Why did I do that? It's strictly WhatsApp call now since I talk with them often. My father used to call just to tell me nnaa, I want to see you to discuss something. I now call him on WhatsApp and ask him to tell me everything in details, no more unnecessary driving. The only thing I have refused to cut down on is my feeding and health expenses. I eat well and take care of my health well no matter the cost.

11 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by franchasofficia: 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2022
pocohantas:
Where is Franchasofficia?

What do you want to sell to me?
I am ready to buy now o. cry
Make una de enjoy una Buhari-Tinubu-APC Nigeria na because I am sure all of una for Nigeria are preparing to vote in Emilokan to continue where his boss stopped, so e no concern me oh, na money I de sell now, so if you wan sell or buy money holla me shocked
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by meedoLock(m): 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2022
I can't even remember the last time I bought my some some new wears, for the fair of overpriced cost of wears in boutiques. I also don't hangout unnecessarily with people, because I also like to showboat so I can't do that if there is no shishi grin

I now bodly tells gurl friend I'm broke, something I would not say on a good day.

I also buys washing soap (premier cool) in packs at home, and other needs I can't do without, cos the one vendors in my area would extort you with over billing.

You can't say it all how one been trying to adjust to this bad economy situation.

People rarely go to the market this days cos you will likely return very sad.

Holds 5k at hand, and you find out it buys nothing tangible.

If u are a hard earners, to survive is always a rocket science in this part of the world.

4 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by AlphaStorm: 6:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
Buy in Bulk.

E dey save money no b small.

I have a tabletop fridge. I go buy pepper in large amounts, buy meat in large amounts cook soup con pour am inside container keep inside d freezer. I go cook like 6 cups of beans at a go put am inside the freezer. Same applies to concoction rice.

Any small change wey enta my hand like this, na food i dey first reason. Stock the fridge first b4 anything.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"I Love Your Culture But..." - British Lady To Her Nigerian Hubby (vid) / Egusi Soup With Bitter Leaf / Live Female Antelope Caught With Trap, To Be Sold For N5000 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.