Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion (3011 Views)

I Will Die Soon, My Time Is Near --- Odumeje / Why Do I, As A Christian, Feel Bullied By Atheists? See 5 Reasons Why / Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 9:43pm On Sep 14, 2022
kingxsamz:

grin grin grin
Your clownery has been revealed.
I thought you were smart. Not so smart to argue logically I see.
Creator ko. Creator that only exists in a fictional story book. Goodnight abeg.
Lol. You think say I get your time.
Una go dé shout logic up and down.

I know that the creator of this universe is the God of the Jews and he's powerful to do anything.
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by Wilgrea7(m): 10:36pm On Sep 14, 2022
cornelboy:

I know that the creator of this universe is the God of the Jews and he's powerful to do anything.

I'm curious... How did you arrive at the conclusion that the creator of the universe is the God of the Jews

4 Likes

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 12:13am On Sep 15, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I'm curious... How did you arrive at the conclusion that the creator of the universe is the God of the Jews
Genesis 18:18
[18]“For Abraham will certainly become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth will be blessed through him.

He's the only God that has mankind as a whole in mind. He's promised to restore peace to earth and everything to perfection and I believe he's gonna do it.

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by Wilgrea7(m): 1:07am On Sep 15, 2022
cornelboy:

Genesis 18:18
[18]“For Abraham will certainly become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth will be blessed through him.

He's the only God that has mankind as a whole in mind. He's promised to restore peace to earth and everything to perfection and I believe he's gonna do it.

I'm sorry.. but i need to get this straight.

Your claim that the God of the Jews is the creator of universe.. is a bible quote written down by a person who claimed that specific God said that..

And not just that ... But you also believe that the God in question is the right one because he made a promise which he has obviously not fulfilled??

I fail to see the logic here

4 Likes

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by kingxsamz(m): 2:13am On Sep 15, 2022
cornelboy:

Keep shut.
You have no argument. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:17am On Sep 15, 2022
cornelboy:

The creator is powerful enough to do anything.

The first obvious deceit in atheism is denial of facts, they deny indisputable evidence of God's presence yet they want to hide under others schools of thought while claiming they are knowledgeable.
According to what the opinion of human race gods are invisible but we can feel their impact on their worshipers.

To illustrate: think of human rulers who are mortals and can't be in more than one place at a time, according to the book (Bible) just like the deitiy this humans are gods {Psalms 82:6} and the reason is the way their orders are strictly adhere to by their worshipers even when they're not present in person. Today more than 90% of Nigerians are blaming Buhari for all the misfortunes in the country yet this is just one man in Aso rock but they're blaming him because he is in control of the government so whatever Buhari says will be forced down everyone's throat whether they like it or not. The same applies to deities but unlike Buhari whose agents are the police and other law enforcement agents the deities takes actions that affects those in their domain and we can all feel the effects of their deeds! So if the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob claims He is the Almighty the only way to disprove His claims is by studying what He said about the future of mankind and try to ascertain if something is driving us towards that end, if we found ourselves moving towards the direction of His decrees while we are helpless regarding a change them there's no logical reasoning to back up our argument that such a person doesn't exist! Isaiah 55:8-11 smiley

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by Maynmann: 6:53am On Sep 15, 2022
cornelboy:

The same god of jews that was “borrowed” from cannanite?

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
cornelboy:

How does that website prove that the records in the book of exodus written some thousands years ago were fairy tales?

It indeed stated the Exodus lacks historical evidences both from the premises of archaeology and contemporary historical documents. It is therefore logical to conclude with scholars that the Exodus is fairy tale

2 Likes

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2022
FOLYKAZE:

It indeed stated the Exodus lacks historical evidences both from the premises of archaeology and contemporary historical documents. It is therefore logical to conclude with scholars that the Exodus is fairy tale
Go and tell the Muslims in Egypt that Moses never delivered God's people from Pharaoh!

Despite the fact that the story revealed that the Egyptians were pagans from inception and this people are stubborn they never denied the historicity of Moses the man God used to deliver His people from Pharaoh! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:34pm On Sep 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Go and tell the Muslims in Egypt that Moses never delivered God's people from Pharaoh!

Despite the fact that the story revealed that the Egyptians were pagans from inception and this people are stubborn they never denied the historicity of Moses the man God used to deliver His people from Pharaoh! smiley

Nope. Coptic orthodox Christianity is an oriental church based in Egypt. Alexandria as Egypt city has a long and deep root in Christianity dating back to 70CE. Therefore, it is deceptive to allude Egypt to Islam when history holds that it is the centre of Christianity.

Antiquity scholars, professionals from the world of archaeology, and academia in the field of history and egyptologist, combing from Egypt and Israel all concluded that the exodus is myth.

1. Israel Finkelstein : He is an Israeli archaeologist. A Professor of the Archaeology of Israel in the Bronze and Iron Ages at Tel Aviv University . He is active in the archaeology of the Levant and an applicant of archaeological data in reconstructing biblical history. He told The Jerusalem Post that Jewish archaeologists have found no historical or archaeological evidence to back the biblical narrative of the Exodus, the Jews' wandering in Sinai or Joshua's conquest of Canaan . On the alleged Temple of Solomon , Prof Israel said that there is no archaeological evidence to prove it really existed.

2. Zahi Hawass is an Egyptian archaeologist , Egyptologist , and former Minister of State for Antiquities Affairs. He worked at archaeological sites in the Nile Delta, the Western Desert , and the Upper Nile Valley. He wrote on his findings regarding Exodus of Israelite from Egypt: Really, it's a myth [...] This is my career as an archaeologist. I should tell them the truth. If the people are upset, that is not my problem.

3. Prof. Ze'ev Herzog He is an Israeli archeologist, professor of archaeology at The Department of Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Cultures at Tel Aviv University. Base on the summary of his work, he wrote in the Haaretz newspaper:
"This is what archaeologists have learned from their excavations in the Land of Israel: the Israelites were never in Egypt, did not wander in the desert, did not conquer the land in a military campaign and did not pass it on to the 12 tribes of Israel. Perhaps even harder to swallow is that the united monarchy of David and Solomon, which is described by the Bible as a regional power, was at most a small tribal kingdom. And it will come as an unpleasant shock to many that the God of Israel, YHWH, had a female consort and that the early Israelite religion adopted monotheism only in the waning period of the monarchy and not at Mount Sinai."

3 Likes

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse and cornelboy

Taaardaaa

2 Likes

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
FOLYKAZE:

MaxInDHouse and cornelboy
Taaardaaa

How are you going to find it when the Bible said "they left Egypt" even Joseph's bones were excavated from the tomb! Genesis 50:25; Exodus 13:19 smiley

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

How are you going to find it when the Bible said "they left Egypt" even Joseph's bones were excavated from the tomb! Genesis 50:25; Exodus 13:19 smiley

Na Bible be the archaeology report?
Lol

More than 50 pharaoh mummies have been discovered. They are named, documented both in videos and prints... How come nothing has been discovered about the Exodus?

Abeg tell us the name of the Pharaoh of the Exodus

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
FOLYKAZE:

Na Bible be the archaeology report?
Lol
More than 50 pharaoh mummies have been discovered. They are named, documented both in videos and prints... How come nothing has been discovered about the Exodus?
Abeg tell us the name of the Pharaoh of the Exodus

Just remember to package your rebuttal well before coming to throwup on social media, believers are nice people for sure but not just cleaners who will always clean up your mess.
Get fully prepared before raising objections against God's word! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Just remember to package your rebuttal well before coming to throwup on social media, believers are nice people for sure but not just cleaners who will always clean up your mess.
Get fully prepared before raising objections against God's word! smiley

grin grin grin

Dey Buga o

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
FOLYKAZE:

grin grin grin
Dey Buga o

Perhaps you want to mimick Kiss Daniel, well it's Bugaa wọn wink

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Perhaps you want to mimick Kiss Daniel, well it's Bugaa wọn wink

Yoruba Demon

Hahahaha
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2022
FOLYKAZE:

Yoruba Demon
Hahahaha

NO nah!
That's the full regalia of a Yorùbá couple, abeg they're not demons o! undecided
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
FOLYKAZE:

Lol. Where are the contemporary historical documents?
And why would the contemporary documents contain history about the Israelites?

The Jews believe that Abraham is their ancestor and the book of exodus contain their history.
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 9:44pm On Sep 15, 2022
kingxsamz:

Keep shut.
You have no argument. cheesy
Okay
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 10:25pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I'm sorry.. but i need to get this straight.

Your claim that the God of the Jews is the creator of universe.. is a bible quote written down by a person who claimed that specific God said that..
And not just that ... But you also believe that the God in question is the right one because he made a promise which he has obviously not fulfilled??
I fail to see the logic here
He's fulfilled many promises already and also many prophecies has been fulfilled. So I trust he will fulfill the rest of his promise at his chosen time.

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by Wilgrea7(m): 11:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
cornelboy:

He's fulfilled many promises already and also many prophecies has been fulfilled. So I trust he will fulfill the rest of his promise at his chosen time.

That doesn't really answer the question. Fulfilling promises is a good thing. But I don't think that counts as proof of being able to create the universe. If you want to make a case for your God being the creator, you'll need to do a little better than that

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
cornelboy:

Lol. Where are the contemporary historical documents? And why would the contemporary documents contain history about the Israelites? The Jews believe that Abraham is their ancestor and the book of exodus contain their history.

When the true God said faithless people pay money for what is not bread {Isaiah 55:2} they thought it's just a fictitious claim, Jehovah has opened His harms to welcome faithful, honest and sincere individuals inviting them for sound reasoning {Isaiah 1:18} because His thoughts are far too high for humans to think of being His match! Isaiah 55:8-9

Imagine the manner FOLYKAZE brought his childish gibberish to challenge the account of Exodus, saying mummies were discovered in Egypt but Israelites weren't included, when the book already told us that the Israelites left Egypt completely. The only person Egyptians could think of mummifying was Joseph who made their nation the greatest commercial center of his time but the Author of the book said Moses excavated Joseph's bones and took it along to Canaan following the order Joseph gave the Israelites!

So even if we have to assume the Bible was fabricated the Author who did such great job some thousands of years ago is ever wiser than all the professors in Atheism till today, because He left no stone unturned! Matthew 11:25 smiley

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wilgrea7:

That doesn't really answer the question. Fulfilling promises is a good thing. But I don't think that counts as proof of being able to create the universe. If you want to make a case for your God being the creator, you'll need to do a little better than that

Oxygen is the only gas that's sustaining the life of moving things on this planet yet nobody can see it, so that's not enough evidence to say oxygen is real shey?
Atheism is really evil walahi talahi! cheesy

In a book that all of you wants to debunk the invisible author clearly made some promises and it's coming to fulfilment in wonderful way and not even all the schools of thought ever established by man came close to such achievements and you're still doubting the words of such a tested and trusted person! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by Wilgrea7(m): 11:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Oxygen is the only gas that's sustaining the life of moving things on this planet yet nobody can see it, so that's not enough evidence to say oxygen is real shey?
Atheism is really evil walahi talahi! cheesy

In a book that all of you wants to debunk the invisible author clearly made some promises and it's coming to fulfilment in wonderful way and not even all the schools of thought ever established by man came close to such achievements and you're still doubting the words of such a tested and trusted person! cheesy

Maximus... Come on.. We're past these kinds of shallow arguments

The existence of oxygen is not dependent on whether or not we benefit from it. It exists regardless. In school, we were taught that air was about 78% Nitrogen, 21% oxygen, while the remaining percentages were trace gases.

Nitrogen isn't what keeps us alive. Oxygen is. But the fact that we don't benefit from nitrogen in terms of breathing, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Benefits and existence are completely independent. I really don't know how else you want me to explain this to you.

I'll give another example. Santa claus. Both of us can (hopefully) agree that santa claus does NOT exist. However, children who believe santa claus will bring them presents can choose to be nice to their peers and relatives. The good behavior is the benefit of the santa claus story. But does that make santa claus real? No. Same thing goes for Superman, and captain america, who many kids try to emulate.

Existence and benefits are not in any way related.

2 Likes

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:47pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Maximus... Come on.. We're past these kinds of shallow arguments
The existence of oxygen is not dependent on whether or not we benefit from it. It exists regardless. In school, we were taught that air was about 78% Nitrogen, 21% oxygen, while the remaining percentages were trace gases.
Nitrogen isn't what keeps us alive. Oxygen is. But the fact that we don't benefit from nitrogen in terms of breathing, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Benefits and existence are completely independent. I really don't know how else you want me to explain this to you.
I'll give another example. Santa claus. Both of us can (hopefully) agree that santa claus does NOT exist. However, children who believe santa claus will bring them presents can choose to be nice to their peers and relatives. The good behavior is the benefit of the santa claus story. But does that make santa claus real? No. Same thing goes for Superman, and captain america, who many kids try to emulate.
Existence and benefits are not in any way related.

Well i don't think anyone will feel the need to know about all these things if there's no BENEFITS to derive from knowing them so the BENEFITS remain the driving force that's pushing people to dig more and more!

God authored the Bible and humans are seeing the BENEFITS in the absence of that no one cares about what Harry Potter's story says that's why only people like you know about it whereas throughout the earth even in your own village old papa and old mama get Bible and them dey read am wella wella! wink

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 11:54pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I know you're not so foolish to believe that the universe appeared randomly without a mastermind.

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by Wilgrea7(m): 12:01am On Sep 16, 2022
cornelboy:

I know you're not so foolish to believe that the universe appeared randomly without a mastermind.

I don't deal on beliefs. If I don't know something.. I'm honest enough to say that I don't know.

That being said.. i never claimed that the universe appeared randomly. I'd like to know how the universe came to be... and why.. but anyone providing answers need to do so with proof

3 Likes

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:03am On Sep 16, 2022
cornelboy:

Ọmọ don't even go there that's exactly what all atheists believe but they will hide under the pretext saying "we're not sure yet" whereas they are battle prepared to argue with anyone that says what they're not sure of is wrong!
So to an atheist if you want him to regard you as knowledgeable you must accept his theory of evolution as may be true and equal to God's word if not superior!cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 12:13am On Sep 16, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I don't deal on beliefs. If I don't know something.. I'm honest enough to say that I don't know.
That being said.. i never claimed that the universe appeared randomly. I'd like to know how the universe came to be... and why.. but anyone providing answers need to do so with proof
What kind of proof? A CCTV footage?
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by Wilgrea7(m): 12:17am On Sep 16, 2022
cornelboy:

What kind of proof? A CCTV footage?

I don't know. It's up to the person making the claim of creation to prove it. My job is to scrutinize the proof to make sure its authentic and not biased

3 Likes

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 1:08am On Sep 16, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I don't know. It's up to the person making the claim of creation to prove it. My job is to scrutinize the proof to make sure its authentic and not biased
Seems you have a lot of unanswered questions.

Before I proceed, I want to ask you a question;
Which sounds more reasonable, the big bang theory/evolution or a mastermind behind creation?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Happened To Striktlymi? / September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse / First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.