Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion (3009 Views)

I Will Die Soon, My Time Is Near --- Odumeje / Why Do I, As A Christian, Feel Bullied By Atheists? See 5 Reasons Why / Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:45pm On Sep 11, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I don't know what you want me to say. Congratulations??
You have the ability to debate almost anyone on the flimsiest of topics relating to religion here on nairaland.. but when asked simple straightforward questions.. all of a sudden you don't debate aimlessly
That's the same excuse you used to run away from my thread on justifying old testament atrocities.
If you don't have a rebuttal.. then just say so. Trying to switch the goalpost to peace or bringing up irrelevant stories isn't doing anything for you

It does a lot!

Have you noticed that any atheist with whom you chat on this forum remain a total stranger to you despite the fact that both of you agreed to debunk the existence of God?

Well with each JW throughout the world i have a brother/sister relationship {Mark 10:29-30} that gives me the rest of mind that anyday anytime faithless people decides to start killing their neighbours on the ground of politics and racism {Revelations 6:3-4} i will be safe with my JW family anywhere i find myself around the globe but you instantly become a dead meat as the atheist you're chatting with on Nairaland can't relate with you after all both of you only agreed on whatever money can buy not faith in God or future peace! Psalms 115:4-8
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by afficionado7: 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It does a lot!

Have you noticed that any atheist with whom you chat on this forum remain a total stranger to you despite the fact that both of you agreed to debunk the existence of God?

Well with each JW throughout the world i have a brother/sister relationship {Mark 10:29-30} that gives me the rest of mind that anyday anytime faithless people decides to start killing their neighbours on the ground of politics and racism {Revelations 6:3-4} i will be safe with my JW family anywhere i find myself around the globe but you instantly become a dead meat as the atheist you're chatting with on Nairaland can't relate with you after all both of you only agreed on whatever money can buy not faith in God or future peace! Psalms 115:4-8

Lol
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2022
afficionado7:

Lol
True believers have a profitable target not just arguing up and down for fun!

Therefore, the way I am running is not aimlessly; the way I am aiming my blows is so as not to be striking the air! 1Corinthians 9:26
wink
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by Wilgrea7(m): 3:38pm On Sep 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It does a lot!

WHAT... YOU.. ARE.. SAYING... IS .. NOT.. RELATED.. TO... THE.. POINT... I ... RAISED.... ADDRESS.. IT... OR... FORFEIT
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2022
Wilgrea7:

WHAT... YOU.. ARE.. SAYING... IS .. NOT.. RELATED.. TO... THE.. POINT... I ... RAISED.... ADDRESS.. IT... OR... FORFEIT

"WHY YOU, AS AN ATHEIST, SPEND YOUR TIME DEBATING RELIGION"

Just to argue aimlessly! smiley

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by Wilgrea7(m): 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

"WHY YOU, AS AN ATHEIST, SPEND YOUR TIME DEBATING RELIGION"

Just to argue aimlessly! smiley

Two can play at that game

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by afficionado7: 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2022
Wilgrea7:

grin Like I said, kudos to you. I couldn't.

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by Wilgrea7(m): 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2022
afficionado7:

grin Like I said, kudos to you. I couldn't.

I have his time today cheesy
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Keep telling them your reasons for debating religion Sir! cheesy

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by Templee333(m): 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2022
hahn:

Dm me for details on how to pay upfront. You will have to have faith that the homes will be there after you die and go to hell grin
oh! I can't dm.
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingxsamz:

So if the author of harry Potter should come out tomorrow to say she has been hiding the truth all this while, that all she wrote actually happened, will your argument still hold?
Lol. We know the books are fictional. No sane person would believe that.

The Bible on the other hand contains some rich histories especially about the Israelites.
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by LordTheus(m): 6:50am On Sep 12, 2022
cornelboy:

The Bible on the other hand contains some rich histories especially about the Israelites......

......which are also fictional as far as we know
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:29am On Sep 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You buy data, charge your device, spend time cracking your brains all just to debate religion for the fun of it no benefits!
Glory be to JEHOVAH who has empowered His worshipers with wisdom in this time of the end otherwise you fools will just come up claiming you're sensible whereas in reality you're all senseless! cheesy

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by Wilgrea7(m): 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2022
cornelboy:

The Bible on the other hand contains some rich histories especially about the Israelites.

Whether the books are fictional or not is irrelevant. My point stands. If the authenticity of a book is called into question.. you cannot vindictive said book by quoting from the book. Its circular reasoning
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by kingxsamz(m): 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2022
cornelboy:

Who are you to declare her story fictional if she comes out to say all of her book's content is real? undecided

So if the Harry Potter book should contain historical facts about the British, would that validate the entire story? Please answer. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by Templee333(m): 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2022
LordTheus:

hmmm! I no won talk anything 4 here-o
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 10:12pm On Sep 12, 2022
kingxsamz:

Who are you to declare her story fictional if she comes out to say all of her book's content is real? undecided
Everyone knows it was fictional.
So if the Harry Potter book should contain historical facts about the British, would that validate the entire story? Please answer. grin
The book was fictional. That's the historical fact.
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 10:39pm On Sep 12, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Whether the books are fictional or not is irrelevant. My point stands. If the authenticity of a book is called into question.. you cannot vindictive said book by quoting from the book. Its circular reasoning
So how do you know the authenticity of the book without examining the book itself?
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2022
LordTheus:

The Bible ain't fictional.
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by Wilgrea7(m): 4:00am On Sep 13, 2022
cornelboy:

So how do you know the authenticity of the book without examining the book itself?

Now you're asking the real questions.

Don't get me wrong... I never said you shouldn't examine the bible.. by all means.. you should. Afterall, it's why a lot of us atheists eventually ended up like this.

What I said is, you cannot prove that a book is true, by quoting from the same book.

Let's say you found a book that says 5000 years ago, there was a pink dragon walking around Africa, cooking fried rice for people. And in another part of that book, it said “everything in this book is true"

Does that in any way substantiate the first claim made? Absolutely not.

If you wanted to know if the claim were true or false, you would have to make reference to external sources which are trusted and tested.

For example, this could be the writing of historians living in Africa around that time. Surely if there was such a dragon, it would be popular. There would be writings of it.. drawings.. possibly it's remains as well.. things like that.

If such external evidence does not exist, then the claim of the dragon is simply a claim, and people are under no obligation to regard it as true.

Now, if evidence points to the contrary, let's say the evidence shows that it was in fact not a dragon, but a group of humanitarians who wanted to share their love of fried rice with the surrounding populations, then the claim of the dragon has been proven to be completely false

Do you understand?

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by kingxsamz(m): 7:42am On Sep 13, 2022
cornelboy:

Everyone knows it was fictional.

The book was fictional. That's the historical fact.

Do you know what an analogy is? undecided
Or are you scared that answering the question will render your initial argument useless?
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by Templee333(m): 8:06am On Sep 13, 2022
Hmmm! Bible scholars,i dey hail una-o!
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2022
cornelboy:

Athiest mumu die.
The writers of the Bible clearly wrote their books as true events while Harry potter is just work of literature. The author never claim it was a recorded true life story.

True events.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Travelling from Egypt to Israel where Canaan is located took Israelites 40 wasted years. It seems God and those he directed to write the tale do not understand the terrain so well so was inspiring the writers to pen nonsense.

Google man below shows it takes approx 6days to trek between Cairo and Israel. What true event was the writer capturing? That God is deluded about simple geography or the writer is clueless about the actual event?

Could you please show us the actual, accurate, and concise historical events recorded in the Bible?

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 7:28pm On Sep 13, 2022
FOLYKAZE:

True events.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Travelling from Egypt to Israel where Canaan is located took Israelites 40 wasted years. It seems God and those he directed to write the tale do not understand the terrain so well so was inspiring the writers to pen nonsense.
Google man below shows it takes approx 6days to trek between Cairo and Israel. What true event was the writer capturing? That God is deluded about simple geography or the writer is clueless about the actual event?
Could you please show us the actual, accurate, and concise historical events recorded in the Bible?
The forty years wandering was a punishment for them.
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 7:31pm On Sep 13, 2022
kingxsamz:

Do you know what an analogy is? undecided
Or are you scared that answering the question will render your initial argument useless?
Baba the Harry potter literature is fictional.
If the author comes out and claim that the fictional stories were true history, that would be an obvious lie.
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2022
cornelboy:

The forty years wandering was a punishment for them.

He's a sadist who has been frustrated in life.
Can you believe this same idiot was begging for financial assistance on Nairaland for help on family section:

https://www.nairaland.com/6119098/dying-soul

But when they didn't respond this ingrate rushed to the religious section to start begging the same Churchgoers he's criticizing for help

https://www.nairaland.com/5945256/save-wife-child

I told him back then that had it been he's a believer at least members of the house of faith will not abandon his wife and child to die in the hospital. That's the BENEFIT of having a spiritual family!

He was quiet that day just because he's begging for help but afterwards he has dealt ruthlessly with the lady and another lady came to Nairaland to expose him as a deadly wife beater.

So you don't need wasting your time with him he's not sane! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Do you understand?
Don't get me wrong... I never said you shouldn't examine the bible.. by all means.. you should. Afterall, it's why a lot of us atheists eventually ended up like this.
MaxinDhouse was a Muslim but ended up being a Christian (JW) after examining the Bible.
So if you did examine the Bible and ended up being an athiest, that means you both saw something different and one of you is right.

What I said is, you cannot prove that a book is true, by quoting from the same book.
Whether a book is authentic or forged, true or false, it could only be determined by using the book itself.

Let's say you found a book that says 5000 years ago, there was a pink dragon walking around Africa, cooking fried rice for people. And in another part of that book, it said “everything in this book is true"
Does that in any way substantiate the first claim made? Absolutely not.
If the book claims that everything written in it is true but there are evidences that shows that everything in it is not the true, the book shouldn't be trusted.

If you wanted to know if the claim were true or false, you would have to make reference to external sources which are trusted and tested.
How do we know trusted and tested external sources?

For example, this could be the writing of historians living in Africa around that time. Surely if there was such a dragon, it would be popular. There would be writings of it.. drawings.. possibly it's remains as well.. things like that.
The writings of the historians would also be recorded in books. So how does that really help?
Are you trying to say that if three or more historians (witnesses) write something about the same event, that would make it true?

If such external evidence does not exist, then the claim of the dragon is simply a claim, and people are under no obligation to regard it as true.
Are they not external sources that prove that the Bible is true?

Now, if evidence points to the contrary, let's say the evidence shows that it was in fact not a dragon, but a group of humanitarians who wanted to share their love of fried rice with the surrounding populations, then the claim of the dragon has been proven to be completely false
Now you can bring your external sources that proves that the Bible is forged or fake. Let's examine them.
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

He's a sadist who has been frustrated in life.
Can you believe this same idiot was begin for financial assistance on Nairaland for help on family section:
https://www.nairaland.com/6119098/dying-soul
But when they didn't respond this ingrate rushed to the religious section to start begging the same Churchgoers he's criticizing for help
https://www.nairaland.com/5945256/save-wife-child
I told him back then that had it been he's a believer at least members of the house of faith will not abandon his wife and child to die in the hospital. That's the BENEFIT of having a spiritual family!
He was quiet that day just because he's begging for help but afterwards he has dealt ruthlessly with the lady and another lady came to Nairaland to expose him as a deadly wife beater.
So you don't need wasting your time with him he's not sane! embarassed
Whoa!

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by kingxsamz(m): 11:19pm On Sep 13, 2022
cornelboy:

Baba the Harry potter literature is fictional.
If the author comes out and claim that the fictional stories were true history, that would be an obvious lie.

And what will make it an obvious lie?
Please answer.
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 11:31pm On Sep 13, 2022
kingxsamz:

And what will make it an obvious lie?
Please answer.
Everyone including yourself already know it wasn't a written history.
Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by kingxsamz(m): 11:42pm On Sep 13, 2022
cornelboy:

Everyone including yourself already know it wasn't a written history.

But same can be said about the bible nw? grin
Or is there anywhere in history where it was written that dry skeleton bones gained flesh and started walking around the city? grin

1 Like

Re: Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion by cornelboy(f): 12:06am On Sep 14, 2022
kingxsamz:

But same can be said about the bible nw? grin
Or is there anywhere in history where it was written that dry skeleton bones gained flesh and started walking around the city? grin
Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
You guys (athiests) are the most unintelligent and lazy people I have met.

Where did the Bible say that the "flesh and bone" vision was a real event?

Have you ever read the Bible or you just hear your fellow unintelligent athiests say stuffs about the Bible and you believe without checking the facts yourself?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? / Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama / The Quatrodeciman Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.