Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Honest Question To The Christians - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Honest Question To The Christians (7946 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: It's Not Trump That They Hate, It's You, The Christians / Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. / Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 8:16am On Oct 04, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin I have loved you by talking to you and warning you that the way you go is not good, Exactly as The Law said I should do. After that I am free and blameless. cheesy

Sorry bro cheesy cheesy. We'll continue to blame you for being an arrant asshole. Stop trying too hard to convince us that you're sane. Your madness is genuine. You're not getting off that easily. grin cheesy grin

And your so-called "love" looks a lot like the hateful, prejudiced, libellous rantings of someone whose religious faith is conditional rather than absolute - a faith that may have been indoctrinated into you at a very young age, and that has been shaken by the realization that not everyone thinks like you do. If your faith causes you to behave as shamefully as you've behaved here, it's a faith that needs to be flushed down the nearest toilet at the earliest possible opportunity. We certainly don't want it. cheesy cheesy

Nothing is as unsettling as a mad man trying to confuse sane people he's mentally healthy. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 9:21am On Oct 04, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

And these people have said that you are talking rubbish.

https://www.nairaland.com/5550016/should-drop-bank-job-federal/1#84402668

Chai! cheesy cheesy

Hahahahaha hahaha grin grin

See this demented cassava-chewing billy-goat with the brain power of an epileptic squirrel. grin cheesy grin

grin I know your doctor is on a medical experiment to see if Nairaland will cure your mental impairment and behavioural disinhibition. grin

This stupid response proves that there are people who have jobs and moan about it. And no, you are not owned by an employer. This has been repeated to you over and over

Try and come up with another way to justify why slavery in the good book was regulated rather than abolished. cheesy cheesy

If your uncles donated you to the Nigerian army to be used as a human shield to fight and defeat boko haram, your birth would still be a waste, You should have flowed away into oblivion as part of your mother's dirty monthly menses instead of coming to life to fulfill the cuss on your family placed by your father's creditors. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by chryssanthe(f): 11:35am On Oct 04, 2022
FemiAjani:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmVkJvieaOA
Thank you for this video!

I think this completely encompasses what Dtruthspeaker is all about.

He probably started out as an honest Christian when discussing with irreligionists. But after he was so thoroughly and embarrassingly informed about his ignorance (objective/subjective/absolute morality, ancient law, slavery in the bible) he probably resorted to pure shitposting!

He is flinging shit at the wall, not in the hope that anything will stick, but in a pathetic attempt to obfuscate the shit he brought to the table at the start of the conversation!
I am convinced he really thought he is following some objective morals, that he simply can not be wrong. Probably a result of religious programming and/or a bubble he is living in. Must have been a rough awakening when he was reminded that he is confused about the basic terms of ethics, that he is just blindly following orders, of someone he cant even demonstrate to exist!!

I bet he really thought that the bible didnt advocate for slavery, just because his favourite KJV flavour didnt use the word "slave". Like many Christians he didnt really read his bible.
When confronted with what the bible actually says, it was game over for him.

There is no intellectual honest way to get around this (but maybe to embrace it. I wonder why so few online christians are happily embracing the orders of their master. But probably they would quickly realize, from the depths of their mind, how much better they are than their ficticous master, and that would push the seed of doubt just one lever deeper. So yeah, why not be dishonest right from the start, after being shown to be false, instead of dragging it out).

21 Pages and he still could not agree with us that owning another human being as property is immoral.
21 pages and he still cant tell us the difference between what the god of the bible condones purpotedly is and slavery
21 pages and no admission that he was factually and demonstrably wrong about objective morality

Instead what we get right now is a ton of shitposting and blatant lying!

I mean: When you get confronted with your own quotes, showing how you just lied your ass of, when you get the shit you posted rubbed up your nose, why return just to be embarrassed and humiliated more!? grin

Equivocating slavery and modern day employment? Really? grin grin grin

Telling us how immoral we are while telling us how "beautiful" his gods commandmends about slavery are!?

Trying to rehabilitate beating slaves to death, by pulling quote out of your ass, related to something entirely different!?

Latin name-dropping!?

This is beyond kindergarden level. This man would be laughed out of every kindergarden....and probably, the kids would fling back some poo at him.

To any Christian reading this thread, please this is my advice:

Dont lie your ass of like Dtruthspeaker. If you have bad arguments, go back to the drawing board and look for solutions. If you cant refute stuff like slavery, embrace it!!

Read your bible, espcially the parts you dont like, and decide how you want to deal with that. Dont stick your head in the sand!

Ultimately, reach down into the depths of your mind, and figure out why it is that you seem to be so much better than your own god. If the price for your belief is to give up your humanity, and become a homohobic piece of shit like Endtimer or a blatantly dishonest and ignorant troll like Dtruthspeaker, then please think twice!!!

7 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by midnight378: 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

And of course you do not know that Murder/attempted murder, manslaughter, assault and battery all came from the Bible.

Nope .
You really are an ignorant little troll.

"One of the oldest-known prohibitions against murder appears in the Sumerian Code of Ur-Nammu written sometime between 2100 and 2050 BC. The code states, 'If a man commits a murder, that man must be killed.' " That society existed at least 1500 years before the Hebrews had an organized society in Israel. So again, ... just like Roman law , you're totally wrong.

there were organized human social groups far earlier than that . You (as you proved in your Roman law bullshit) just don't know anything about human history.

You need to be put on ignore by everyone here .
You have nothing to offer anyone here, except you are a good reminder of how totally ignorant someone can actually be.

2 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by FemiAjani(m): 2:08pm On Oct 04, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

What this shows is that people use hyperbole when they talk. I'd like to add that government jobs are excellent jobs by the way, and almost always unionized too.

2 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by midnight378: 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2022
The equivocation fallacy.
https://www.txst.edu/philosophy/resource...ation.html

It's what Dtruthspeaker-The-Dullard is doing with the term "slave".

LOL
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Hahahahahahahahahaaa. I tried to warn the DMumuSpeaker. I told him he was out of his depth. He didn't listen. He priced market above his account balance. He's now getting gangbanged online cheesy cheesy cheesy

Peeping coward, I'm still around. Stop ducking my mentions like a cheap wh0re. You've been peeping into this thread since I quoted you this morning. grin grin

Did I not say your sins will find you out? cheesy This is the thread where DMumuSpeaker came to be killed and buried. You're getting dragged across all 360 cardinal directions of the thread. Olodo. The truth of your stupidity and mental illness has been laid bare for all to see grin grin

Try to keep up, even though I can tell that you can't cope with the verbal carnage on this thread grin DMumuSpeaker fuckface pretender with a heart made of laboratory kit glass

Once again, you've been SLAIN grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2022
I wasn't planning on saying anything here, considering how well you've been bodied in this thread.. but this one.. i can't let slip by.

Dtruthspeaker:

What a most wicked and evil and incorrect statement.

No liver on God has done any wicked thing to any one here only you and your kind have.

1) Your God commanded the Israelites to commit several acts of genocide.. we've been over this before

2) Your God sanctioned the capturing and keeping of virgin sex slaves in the OT

3) Your God hardened the heart of someone and punished him for his hardened heart

4) Your God rewarded a man for his willingness to kill his innocent son

5) Your God commanded people to be stoned to death simply for worshipping other gods, or not being virgins, or working on the sabbath

Your God is NOT the definition of good.

Which is even proven by the fact that if you tell people that you are an atheists, they will immediately avoid and keep away from you as if you are a suicide bomber.

A lot of my friends know I'm an atheist. None have made any attempts to avoid me. Not everyone sees life through the myopic religious lens that you do.

So, it is you and your fellow evil atheists who are a harmful to the world exactly as madam beater who has confessed her desire of acquiring slaves and beating them up for pleasure.

I forgot to add... Your God sanctioned the merciless beating of slaves, just as long as they don't die.

Some great guy init?

2 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2022
Wilgrea7:
I wasn't planning on saying anything here, considering how well you've been bodied in this thread.. but this one.. i can't let slip by.

1) Your God commanded the Israelites to commit several acts of genocide.. we've been over this before

2) Your God sanctioned the capturing and keeping of virgin sex slaves in the OT

3) Your God hardened the heart of someone and punished him for his hardened heart

4) Your God rewarded a man for his willingness to kill his innocent son

5) Your God commanded people to be stoned to death simply for worshipping other gods, or not being virgins, or working on the sabbath

Your God is NOT the definition of good.

A lot of my friends know I'm an atheist. None have made any attempts to avoid me. Not everyone sees life through the myopic religious lens that you do.

I forgot to add... Your God sanctioned the merciless beating of slaves, just as long as they don't die.

Some great guy init?

I have explained all these things that God and shown severaly that all these things you say are not True. I have rebutted them all several times and NOT ONE OF YOU DEVILS COULD VALIDLY COUNTER.

I HAVE EVEN PROMISED TO PUBLICLY PRAISE ANY ONE WHO COULD VALIDLY PROVE THEIR CASE. AND NO ONE COULD!

So, all you people are doing is simply acting like lunatics in the psychiatric ward repeating what they have said before and not hearing what is going on around them.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2022
Judas1X:

Peeping coward, I'm still around. Stop ducking my mentions like a cheap wh0re. You've been peeping into this thread since I quoted you this morning. grin grin...

I know you are full soakaway of faeces and I do not deal with shits so you are just a burst soakaway who has nothing.

So I come here to see if any one said any sensible worthy of my response. And since there is none, I am free to move on to other sensible posts and threads! grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I have explained all these things that God and shown severaly that all these things you say are not True. I have rebutted them all several times and NOT ONE OF YOU DEVILS COULD VALIDLY COUNTER.

I HAVE EVEN PROMISED TO PUBLICLU PRAISE ANY ONE WHO COULD VALIDLY PROVE THEIR CASE. AND NO ONE COULD!

So, all you people are doing is simply taking refuge in the stupid deception that "because ye that are evil have increased, therefore, ye comfortable"

Forgetting that calamity and disaster is not prevented by numbers.

Nope. You've not refuted a single one of these. Not even close. When I asked you questions about whether you would carry out some of these barbaric acts in the previous thread, you were wailing and screaming "change of post" like you always do.

I don't care about your praise. Direct it to your God. He's the one always asking for it.

Address my points or stylishly concede like you've always done in our previous discussion.

Or better still, resort to insults, like you tend to do 90% of the time

2 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Nope. You've not refuted a single one of these. Not even close.

As usual, you are blind!

Wilgrea7:

When I asked you questions about whether you would carry out some of these barbaric acts in the previous thread, you were wailing and screaming "change of post" like you always do.

That is what change of post means. Stick to the issue of the debate, is the rule of debate.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 4:38pm On Oct 04, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

As usual, you are blind!

That is what change of post means. Stick to the issue of the debate, is the rule of debate.

If you scream "change of post" every 5 seconds, then you have no right to say "I addressed this earlier" in regards to the statements I made above. Screaming change of post does not count as a rebuttal.

3 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2022
Wilgrea7:

If you scream "change of post" every 5 seconds, then you have no right to say "I addressed this earlier" in regards to the statements I made above. Screaming change of post does not count as a rebuttal.

Change of post means you have left the debate floor. Which means I win!
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 4:45pm On Oct 04, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Change of post means you have left the debate floor. Which means I win!

Except of course, you use it as a petty excuse to dodge questions that would clearly show the absurdity of your beliefs

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 4:49pm On Oct 04, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Except of course, you use it as a petty excuse to dodge questions that would clearly show the absurdity of your beliefs

Sticking to the issue of the debate, is the Law of debates.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by phatriqk(m): 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2022
Deception works because the victims don't know they are being deceived, the only people that will be moved by such a headline are those who truly never knew Christ or had any personal experience with him, the fact that science can convince a lot of folks that the universe started out of nothing and the same science claims there's no such thing as divinity and people buy those deception is what baffles my mind, if I can believe a series of random event gave birth to this perfect world we live in, then I see no reason why I will get attacked for believing a man rose from the dead.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 5:56am On Oct 05, 2022
FemiAjani:

What this shows is that people use hyperbole when they talk. I'd like to add that government jobs are excellent jobs by the way, and almost always unionized too.

Is this an hyperbole too? Even your government is flogging it's servants

That is how you would deceive yourself and enter fire!

https://www.nairaland.com/7366641/umahi-orders-soldiers-flog-civil
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 12:42am On Oct 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I know you are full soakaway of faeces and I do not deal with shits so you are just a burst soakaway who has nothing.
Yeah, even you don't believe this sad excuse you're giving here because if you truly didn't give a shit, you wouldn't have responded to my mention. You are just a bumbling coward who can't take what he dishes out. You and I and everyone in this forum knows that you're quick to throw insulting words around, but when you're on the receiving end, you want to find an excuse to run off like a little bitch cheesy

So I come here to see if any one said any sensible worthy of my response. And since there is none, I am free to move on to other sensible posts and threads! grin
cheesy You were out-thought, out-gunned, and out-witted. Evidence of your illiteracy is scattered all over the thread. What possible response could you even muster to redeem your image on this thread? DMumuSpeaker, anybody who reads this thread will honestly feel sorry for you. Your response is not worth the cheap pant your mom wore the night she got inseminated by the mad chimp who fathered you. grin grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 12:57am On Oct 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I have explained all these things
You mean you tried obfuscating matters with equivocations and lies. Unfortunately you were caught and called out numerous times cheesy

I have rebutted them all several times
Your rebuttals were dumb and moronic. Your ripostes were bland and more loose than your mom's pussy walls. The only honourable thing for you to do is work extra harder to relieve your mom from her dick-gagging and cum-swilling job to random men who can afford her bugger and coke. The last time she went for malaria screening, her blood properties were made up of 85% sperrm deposited by her countless clientele part of which are her own sex-famished cousins. she has been advised to go on mandotory sex-leave. grin grin grin

I HAVE EVEN PROMISED TO PUBLICLY PRAISE ANY ONE WHO COULD VALIDLY PROVE THEIR CASE. AND NO ONE COULD!
Keep your stinking praise to your unimportant self. Your bloated ego is inversely proportional to your IQ. If you are Intellectually incapable of sieving facts from debris, then you do not posses the cognition to understand the submission of any atheist here even if we slapped you with them squarely in your ugly face cheesy
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 1:09am On Oct 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Sticking to the issue of the debate, is the Law of debates.

grin grin grin And yet you find it so difficult to do. Whenever your posts are exposed as the hot garbage they are, you deflect by bringing up unrelated quotes from unrelated threads, false equivocations, quote mining people's posts, placing them out of context to strawman them etc. Not to mention the thought terminating clichés you deploy through your sanctimonious preaching that often serves to argue ad hominem rather than focus on the substance of debate. Your shameless dishonest tactics are well known here. You are not fooling anybody DMumuSpeaker cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 1:18am On Oct 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Is this an hyperbole too? Even your government is flogging it's servants

That is how you would deceive yourself and enter fire!

https://www.nairaland.com/7366641/umahi-orders-soldiers-flog-civil

grin grin The links you keep pulling out of your arse as though you are making any points are just pieces of evidence asserting your unhinged stupidity and complete scarcity of cognitive resources. An employee can choose not to work for his employer, a slave cant make such a choice. The countless differences between slavery and employment have been pointed out ad nauseam on this thread, and I can't be arsed repeating them to a demented living organism hovering in cyberspace cheesy
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 4:34am On Oct 09, 2022
Judas1X:

grin An employee can choose not to work for his employer, a slave cant make such a choice. cheesy

grin The point is even servants are flogged and flogging is part of ordinary living. grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 4:54am On Oct 09, 2022
Judas1X:

You mean you tried obfuscating matters with equivocations and lies. Unfortunately you were caught and called out numerous times...

grin Everyone sees that you are so full of shitss. that you have nothing tangible to say. grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 5:00am On Oct 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin The point is even servants are flogged and flogging is part of ordinary living. grin
The people you call servants still have the agency to exit the work on their own grin cheesy grin

The fact that you can't tell the difference between employment and slavery is no one's fault but yours cheesy. You're worse at what you do best; which is holding on to lies. Now you look even stupider than when you first appeared. grin cheesy grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 5:04am On Oct 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Everyone sees that you are so full of shitss. that you have nothing tangible to say. grin

Its an interesting comment you make here because If you really want to appeal to popularity, it will do you well to remember that every single individual here has already established that you're the rétard in the room and literally no one is on your side cheesy cheesy

Reality has never been your companion DMumuSpeaker grin grin grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 5:24am On Oct 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin That is for the reasonable people to judge. grin

Remember this quote DMumuSpeaker? Hehehehehe grin grin grin grin

Let's hear from the audience who've replied to you cheesy

sonmvayina:

I have been following this thread..

Truth be told you are just too dull...

This man pointed out your dim-wittedness grin

chryssanthe:

You know, i dont mind your immorality, your evasions, your willful ignorance. All of this is condoned by your god.
But.please.stop.lying!!!
Because, liars go to hell!!! grin grin grin grin grin

cheesy This lady pointed out that you're a shameless liar cheesy grin

midnight378:

since you can barely write a sentence in English , I'll assume you actually know no Greek or Latin.

This one take style tell you say you be illiterate grin grin grin

FemiAjani:

Your position on this thread has just devolved into outright trolling. You're just trying to kick up enough confusion to distract from anything incorrect that you are saying. It's a typical ploy, and is nothing but an example of bad faith.

This one called out your dishonest arguments and debate

Wilgrea7:

Same as above cheesy

As you can see, reasonable people have judged. And they have judged you to be the most stupid entity on the forum cheesy. Go bury your head in the sand. You've been destroyed grin grin grin

Deadbeat bastard living in denial grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 6:05am On Oct 09, 2022
Judas1X:

Remember this quote DMumuSpeaker? Hehehehehe grin grin grin grin...

grin Somna suffers insanity, everyone knows that. While all the others you mentioned are the same parties in a suit (plaintiff) in the same case where I am the Defendant. And I answered them all.grin

Parties in a suit can not be Judges. grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 6:12am On Oct 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Somna suffers insanity, everyone knows that. While all the others you mentioned are the same parties in a suit (plaintiff) in the same case where I am the Defendant. And I answered them all.grin

Parties in a suit can not be Judges. grin
....Excepts we're not in the law court. Your inability to face reality is your greatest enemy, and that's why you cling to meaningless analogies that do not actually apply to the situation you're trying to explain. cheesy cheesy

And the nerve of you to call someone insane when you're Nairaland 's most infamous yabaleft reject grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by sonmvayina(m): 9:37am On Oct 09, 2022
Judas1X:

....Excepts we're not in the law court. Your inability to face reality is your greatest enemy, and that's why you cling to meaningless analogies that do not actually apply to the situation you're trying to explain. cheesy cheesy

And the nerve of you to call someone insane when you're Nairaland 's most infamous yabaleft reject grin grin grin

Dtruthspeaker...can't you see I have been vindicated.

I was right all along.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by KnownUnknown: 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2022
FemiAjani:

They get so wrapped up in trying to win points they forget the big picture and even forget the best handwave for such instructions: a corrupt priesthood defending its power and privileges over God's will.

Maybe some forget or maybe some suspect that this handwave opens the flood gate that ends in the realization that God’s will has always and invariably been the corrupt priesthood’s will. Check out the “power and privilege” of the Catholic Church for example.

They won’t use that handwave because it might just destroy their faith and their understanding of reality while also stoking their existential dread. It will demand that they create their own meaning for existing, and they are utterly incapable of it. I don’t blame them really, because the world is indeed a shit show and God makes it somewhat palatable for them.

2 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Silverseed: 11:25am On Oct 10, 2022
Endtimer:

First, this is called a loaded question. Like, have you stopped beating your wife? It is quite obviously a setup, but it touches on the point of what we are talking about. The reason you are concerned with what I'd do is that you believe that killing someone is objectively wrong. As a true Nigerian, I'll redirect the question to gain a more thorough understanding of your meta ethics. Why is robbing people wrong (for example)? I've told you that it is wrong theistically because it isn't imitative of God's nature. Anticipating the obvious atheist response, I should point out that this is a singular example of a larger position, stated thusly: good is a term used to describe God's nature. I've asked two questions now:

- Why is robbing people wrong?
-What is "good" itself?

This is an extremely important point but your response isn't a counterpoint to something I said. I didn't say we decide what harm is. I said we cannot decide that something is bad because it causes harm. That would be an arbitrary definition of bad. We might as well define bad as anything that makes people happy. I define bad as a term used to describe a set of values antithetical to God's nature. How do you define bad?

I agree. But our belief in these principles must be justified. The first principles you appealed to are without basis atheistically: you cannot appeal to harm as bad without telling us what makes harm bad. You have to give reasons why something is bad.

Alright then, tell me what intrinsic fact of rape, murder, theft or any other crimes that make them bad. It is not illogical to assert that actions have moral contingence on things beyond them. That is, in fact, the conventional view rather than yours. It is also simpler and more tenable than yours. Your meta ethics seems to introduce unnecessary complexity to explain away simple things; in the same manner that one could to explain that the sun orbits the earth. In the end you are left with no basis for moral belief and a dangerous arbitrariness.

Presupposing God's existence we have reason to continue believing all we do. In the absence of that, we do not. A foolish person might ignore that I just said presupposing and ask me to prove that God exists. To be clear, what I am saying is if God exists we have reason to hold first principles for morality. If He doesn't we do not. You believe He doesn't so you will have to provide a basis for morality as I have.

I am a moral objectivist so you this doesn't apply to me.

Obviously because you are equating the agents and I am not. Think of it like class struggle. You assume discrimination on the grounds that both classes are functionally equal but a disparity in result persists. I point out that differences in the classes manifest differences in result. The morals agents in the first part of the sentence are you and I; functional equals. You can't tell a bomber he is wrong because you say so. You aren't the boss of him and you lack moral authority. The moral agent in the second part of the sentence is the tradition concept of God: omni-benevolent, omniscient, omnipotent and the creator of all. There is a difference between the agents and an obvious difference between the results.

Objectivism is saying that x is always bad. Relativism is saying that the morality of x depends on the context. Subjectivism is saying that morals depend on personal taste.

This, I believe is the whole point of your post (although I couldn't resist rebutting it entirely, which I'll refrain from in future). What you have is a false dichotomy where information about something is only true when we derive that information intrinsically; failing that it is false. This is an absurd position because we deal with contingence and relativity everyday. Attributes like being tall or fat depend on the heights and weights of others in a similar class (like the species for example). There is nothing intrinsic in 6ft that makes it tall; likewise there is nothing intrinsic in rape that makes it bad. Its morality is contingent on God. Since you don't believe in God, you will have to explain why rape is truly bad without appealing to baseless first principles.

What you’re calling “the tradition concept of God” looks over-defined to me. Apart from that, what do you mean by calling him “omni-benevolent”? How are you defining “benevolent,” to say that he is “omni-benevolent”?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Armed Biker Gang Plans Open-carry “draw Mohammed” Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque / When The Grace Of GOD Becomes A Roller-coaster To Hell. / Bishop Oyedepo A Freemason Or The Architect Who Constructed Most Of His Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.