Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,152 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) (62089 Views)

Traffic Management Solutions (TMS) Used By LASTMA To Catch Traffic Offenders / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by lagosrd: 8:13am On Sep 16, 2022
alphabbey1:

Such a proud misologist... wrong in all ramification but refused to believe whatever he's not used to believing....

"Why not tell the car owner to pay a fine of the same amount of auction."
Quoted word is your ignorant statement and have corrected you.... You can chose to Keep on dwelling in your ignorant natural state... done my part in reducing illiteracy....

Keep your mouth quiet and stop sounding like a bad record. You can make your own opinion without quoting me. I am not nice at all with bad words so stay clear. You don't have a monopoly of insults.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by alphabbey1(m): 8:21am On Sep 16, 2022
lagosrd:

Keep your mouth quiet and stop sounding like a bad record. You can make your own opinion without quoting me. I am not nice at all with bad words so stay clear. You don't have a monopoly of insults.
You are irrelevant dear. Have said what I said. I can quote you anytime you sound illogical and there's nothing you can do.... cool
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by 7arrows: 8:23am On Sep 16, 2022
Lordofalmajiri:

Christians funny sha, una go find bible verse to support una sin... Oga If you're caught no amount of preaching of Bible verse would stop the next guy from buying your car at 300k

Boss man Im not talking about your lagos seizing ur cars, I'm talking about the government in general. But meanwhile how many top government official cars has been seized? How many police oga and army officials cars have been seized under this law? Or dont u see them driving one way freely and breaking trafic RULES? Ohh sorry I forgot that they are above the law. So what happens to fines for offenders? So u must destroy one person's life just to prove a point that u urself break on a daily basis. Haba now. Check am boss man e no normal.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by teepain: 8:24am On Sep 16, 2022
Alpharey:

No matter how rich one can be. Paying a fine of even #10000 per driving offence will reset the person's head. Doling out money is never easy no matter how rich you are.

I agree with you that monetary fine should deter people from commiting offences such as driving against the traffic, ideally.

However, the statistics and what we encounter on the Nigerian roads suggest that fines do not discourage our country people from commiting such crimes.

For instance, I am aware that people are made to pay hefty fines and made to go for psychiatric evaluation for driving one-way in Lagos State, yet people still commit these crimes!

LASTMA personnel extort people for these same offences, so ordinarily one would think that the people would avoid having to pay such needless monies either to the Government as legitimate fines or to the rogue LASTMA officials. But our people aren't bothered.

Therefore, it may well be the time for a couple more of vehicles to be impounded and auctioned. Maybe, we will learn to behave properly on the roads.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by 7arrows: 8:26am On Sep 16, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Go and tell that to the parliament and people making the laws, EFCC etc, not Lagos state government. This is a state government, Lagos is not federal government.

U didnt enlighten me.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by lagosrd: 8:29am On Sep 16, 2022
alphabbey1:

You are irrelevant dear. Have said what I said. I can quote you anytime you sound illogical and there's nothing you can do.... cool

I think there is something wrong with you. I don't like to make trouble with people and i detest people looking for mine too cos it won't turn out good either ways. I made my point known and it my opinion. Who are you to teach me what the law says about what.

You left the real point and started chasing shadows. You need to stop being paranoid on issues that has nothing to do with you.

Because this is a faceless forum doesn't mean you will start to invade people's privacy or you think you know so sort of useless english to assassinate people's character.

Let me tell you if you don't know, where your right stops is where mine starts.
Maintain civility and decorum and don't cross your lane this is won't repeat you hear?
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Pirow: 8:45am On Sep 16, 2022
I hope a lawyer will sue the government for this, the best thing is to ask the offenders to pay file and then release their vehicles to them, this is to make people to suffer which is what a government should avoid.

Government should make lives easy for citizens and not making it difficult for them because of one offence. The pains these offenders are going through can just be imagined.

It is well. I took one way here and the police officer stopped and counsel me for up to 10 minutes on the need never to do it again, I thank him and I drove away.

Lagos State government should be friendly to the citizens in making laws and not to put them more in terrible situation
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by samfrancis1(m): 9:08am On Sep 16, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin
And someone was telling me the other day to vote in the landlord of Lagos as president of Nigeria..Make I go mistakenly go park my keke wrongly,next thing na to auction am out undecided

Over my dead body...I rather sit-down my house on that day than to go cast my vote for who go remove my source of food from my hand undecided
Did you listen to yourself?? How many cars plight the road of Lagos state on hourly bases?? I’m sure you don’t know.. this is just a little bit over 100 that went against the traffic rule.. .. in a sane country.. car be impound.. drivers license be withdrawn and you’ll still pay fine.. Na backwardness una just want.. reason you’re scared to have someone with real balls rule you… but want efelefufu.. abi wetin una call unself….

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by DonCarlos1(m): 9:08am On Sep 16, 2022
If they are serious, I expect Danfos to constitute 80% of seized vehicles
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by alphabbey1(m): 9:13am On Sep 16, 2022
alphabbey1:

lagosrd:

I think there is something wrong with you. I don't like to make trouble with people and i detest people looking for mine too cos it won't turn out good either ways. I made my point known and it my opinion. Who are you to teach me what the law says about what.

You left the real point and started chasing shadows. You need to stop being paranoid on issues that has nothing to do with you.

Because this is a faceless forum doesn't mean you will start to invade people's privacy or you think you know so sort of useless english to assassinate people's character.

Let me tell you if you don't know, where your right stops is where mine starts.
Maintain civility and decorum and don't cross your lane this is won't repeat you hear?

Rest dear
You are still irrelevant. Have dropped some knowledge on you, mission accomplished cool
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by rosemary67l: 9:20am On Sep 16, 2022
BEST ACTION!Una deaf...BEST ACTION!Una deaf......
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by dmangodwin(m): 10:02am On Sep 16, 2022
DropsMic:
The only way to make a typical black man obey the rules is to be brutal with him. These guys no go ever break any traffic rule again.
Hmmm Lagos for show ,verily,verily this are ordinary people who are not connected. Every time you see people passing BRT lane when they get to the other end they only show uniform or I d card and they are allowed to pass through.
When you hear DRIVING AGAINST TRAFFIC you will think it’s always willful violators.The high and mighty drive against traffic at-will and nothing happen but if a common-man mistakenly enters an inner street inside Jibowu Yaba area that is converted to one-way to reduce traffic, it will be tagged DRIVING AGAINST TRAFFIC and slammed with 200k fine.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Unrated900(m): 11:39am On Sep 16, 2022
gaby:
Hmmm

I won't be surprised to later find out that they've turned this into a racket where they can impound and auction off people's vehicles under false pretence to third parties arranged by them.

Nothing is not corruptible in Nigeria.

Na wa

Their ogas would have access to 50 cars
Police boss 20
Security and other people working there 20
Remains na public
That na normal level naaa
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by 7arrows: 11:48am On Sep 16, 2022
ufotunang:
And this is the Lagos they say Tinubu developed and the Lagos in which Lagosians are enjoying, have a better life through tinubu....this is wickedness...is this how they want to rule nigeria... Nigerians be wise

U dey mind them. When theres no avenue for the government to raise money and oil is not booming they will fall on taxing the citizens or making laws that will frustrate them and empower the government. Watch out soon they will sell petrol 500 per liter if something is not done. Are these the people we want to take charge in 2023? Bunch of senseless old fools and slaves.

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by 7arrows: 11:58am On Sep 16, 2022
sweetman2022:

I am obedient but you don't bring politics into some matters. If you don't live in Lagos you won't understand the animals living here. I have being to other states and can relate with their traffic system and compliance with it. Lagos is where people flout the law neglecting the damages they may cause. Some rules can easily work in your state but won't work here in Lagos. My cousin ran away from Lagos after one year when he witness the kind of lifestyle people live here. Have you seen a driver going nude in order to avoid arrest after breaking traffic rules? You can only see this in Lagos. Please if you don't live in Lagos, just read and move on. Let the authorities deal with the animals living here the best way they can.

You are very correct especially commercial drivers. One hit me from behind some time ago, when asked why he hit me he said his horn wasn't working and he wanted me to move my vehicle. I told him he was sick that his excuse was insane. He said oga na Lagos we dey o. I had to let him go because he just waste my time.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by HRMK: 12:29pm On Sep 16, 2022
NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW!
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Josephkabila12: 12:39pm On Sep 16, 2022
Why people dey behave like dis. U know say if Dem catch u nah straight auction be dat why not obey traffic rules. During COVID-19 for Portharcout here Wike auction people cars.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by seunjungle1(m): 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2022
Country is bad, both people at the government and you & I are contributing to the bad governance in one way or the other...
Had it been any of your family members have been knocked down by some of these people that doesn't obey traffic rules you wouldn't be saying this hogwash statement.

We learn the lessons in a hard way
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by dvkot(m): 2:06pm On Sep 16, 2022
Im happy for this.. Let them make it possible for people to take photo of offending vehicles and report, so they can impound them later
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Nnamaka1: 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2022
reddingtonblack:

You are entitle to your opinion, buh destruction should never an option when confiscated properties can benefit the public and serve as revenue.
Crushing are for old vehicles that are below roadworthiness, even developed countries auction impounded vehicles if the owner fails to comply within specified time. you are just being emotional

I know. Am just wondering how you would feel if you see me buy at the gov auction a car you struggled hard to acquire , a car that gives you joy anytime you look at it and some random person like me buys it cheap at the auction and drive across your house every day.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by lagosrd: 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2022
alphabbey1:

Rest dear
You are still irrelevant. Have dropped some knowledge on you, mission accomplished cool

Go and teach your parents. Qed
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Emmanuel909090: 2:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
It's painful to see someone buy your car at a very useless price
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by sweetman2022: 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2022
7arrows:

You are very correct especially commercial drivers. One hit me from behind some time ago, when asked why he hit me he said his horn wasn't working and he wanted me to move my vehicle. I told him he was sick that his excuse was insane. He said oga na Lagos we dey o. I had to let him go because he just waste my time.
grin grin I can't stop laughing reading your comments.. imagine what the idiot told you. If you hear other people's encounter you will laugh tire. Lagos, home of the craze. Once I see good offer that will take me out of Lagos..I don Waka be that oo
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by okrikaboi: 4:46pm On Sep 16, 2022
It's like taking away his dignity. Someone will read my journal a hundred years from now and learn
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by 7arrows: 10:25pm On Sep 16, 2022
sweetman2022:

grin grin I can't stop laughing reading your comments.. imagine what the idiot told you. If you hear other people's encounter you will laugh tire. Lagos, home of the craze. Once I see good offer that will take me out of Lagos..I don Waka be that oo

Seriously I wasn't angry rather I started laughing at the aboki guy and drove off. Thk God it was just a scratch
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by easytig(m): 11:16am On Jun 11, 2023
Fast forward to may 2023 pms is now 500 per litre,your vision is great,our government are simply useless to [/b]us
7arrows:

U dey mind them. When theres no avenue for the government to raise money and oil is not booming they will fall on taxing the citizens or making laws that will frustrate them and empower the government. [b]Watch out soon they will sell petrol 500 per liter if
something is not done. Are these the people we want to take charge in 2023? Bunch of senseless old fools and slaves.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by 7arrows: 8:44pm On Jun 11, 2023
easytig:
[b]Fast forward to may 2023 pms is now 500 per litre,your vision is great,our government are simply useless to [/b]us

This was predicted.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Acme45: 12:57pm On Apr 20
ibechris:
Some of these people are the ones shouting APC in last election,now how market?

U are auctioning peoples sweat.

Next years election go surprised APC.

E go hit them like tsunami.
before the last election, is it not the same Govt that called the general public to come and collect their impounded vehicles?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Big Joe Bus & Trailer In Accident After Okene, All Passengers Die (Graphic) / Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them / Buhari Completes The 10-Lane Superhighway Linking Port Harcourt & Oyigbo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.