Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) (62088 Views)

Traffic Management Solutions (TMS) Used By LASTMA To Catch Traffic Offenders / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by rollywise(m): 4:59am On Sep 16, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin
And someone was telling me the other day to vote in the landlord of Lagos as president of Nigeria..Make I go mistakenly go park my keke wrongly,next thing na to auction am out undecided

Over my dead body...I rather sit-down my house on that day than to go cast my vote for who go remove my source of food from my hand undecided

If you sit at home, he will still enter and do evil to you. Vote Obi come 2023. That's our only hope
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Alpharey: 5:01am On Sep 16, 2022
Lordofalmajiri:

Christians funny sha, una go find bible verse to support una sin... Oga If you're caught no amount of preaching of Bible verse would stop the next guy from buying your car at 300k

Christians are funny right. That is why we vehemently say no to Muslim Muslim tickets.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Obynolee(f): 5:06am On Sep 16, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin
And someone was telling me the other day to vote in the landlord of Lagos as president of Nigeria..Make I go mistakenly go park my keke wrongly,next thing na to auction am out undecided

Over my dead body...I rather sit-down my house on that day than to go cast my vote for who go remove my source of food from my hand undecided

You will be indirectly voting those you don't want by sitting down in your home on the day of election.Go out and vote your conscience, that's the wise thing.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Alpharey: 5:14am On Sep 16, 2022
teepain:

I guess the authorities now understand that imposition of fines haven't been working because our people will just say "shebi na money, e no go pass fine" and they will continue to flout the law, especially driving one-way. I see a lot of folks expressing anger at the Lagos State Government because of the auction of these vehicles. However, those who have lost their loved ones to the recklessness of the one-way traffic offenders would applaud this move.

Our should learn not to endanger other people's lives by flouting traffic laws.

DON'T DRIVE AGAINST THE TRAFFIC.

No matter how rich one can be. Paying a fine of even #10000 per driving offence will reset the person's head. Doling out money is never easy no matter how rich you are.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Hanndye: 5:24am On Sep 16, 2022
APC and wickedness are like 5&6. Even the military day learn.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Kafrique: 5:28am On Sep 16, 2022
I don’t know of other people. For me, I can’t use my money to buy someone’s tears. If I’m not aware of the tears it’s a different thing.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by ufotunang: 5:30am On Sep 16, 2022
And this is the Lagos they say Tinubu developed and the Lagos in which Lagosians are enjoying, have a better life through tinubu....this is wickedness...is this how they want to rule nigeria... Nigerians be wise
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by chukel(m): 5:31am On Sep 16, 2022
I love this. It's a strong deterrent for traffic offence. Will instill law and order. You want good Nigeria, but you don't want to obey laws.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by alphabbey1(m): 5:33am On Sep 16, 2022
lagosrd:
Very very parochial and barbaric style In a modern day Ina very chaotic and rowdy environment.

They end up selling the cars at ridiculously cheap prices, and will not allow any higher bidder to come in.

Why not tell the car owner to pay a fine of the same amount of auction.

Give them the right of first refusal before you turn them into rags.
Rest. There's always a fine to pay for impounded vehicles. Am 100% sure the car owners refused to pay, reason for auction.... if you are at rhe venue, you will notice majority of cars there are public transport vehicles.

Fine ranges from 80,000 naira above, am sure the car owners didn't take it serious coz they refused to part away with such amount considering how much they make daily. And as you know Nigerians, many of them will prefer begging rather than paying, believing they will be pitied....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by ufotunang: 5:33am On Sep 16, 2022
Hanndye:
APC and wickedness are like 5&6. Even the military day learn.
.. and they will say this is the Lagos tinubu developed and gave Lagosians a better life and better standard of living...this is wickedness...and is this how APC , tinubu wants to rule nigeria
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Ybaby: 5:47am On Sep 16, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin

Sitting in your house is same as voting for him. We need you to be courageous and come out and vote and snatch Nigeria back
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Patriotsleague: 6:27am On Sep 16, 2022
Alpharey:

Hahaha. This is exactly the result when you are the student and the examiner at the same time. Story
Haters everywhere,. miserable haters.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by somehow: 6:27am On Sep 16, 2022
anyilalaz:

Most of the time, poor or no signages, which more often than not are deliberately done by the traffic agency to catch unaware drivers or new drivers not conversant with the roads in Lagos.

I nearly fell for this when driving from Shasha in Alimosho towards the overhead bridge leading to Dopemu. If not for the gala boys, 'I for hear am'. Funny enough one of the agbero without uniform, working with the traffic guys was waiting to see me fall into the trap.
Since my new job had made me relocated to Ogun State, whenever i am going to Lagos i rather take public transport to avoid story that touch.

Yes they do this once a while.
also try driving using Google map, if not for anything, it will save you from one way error.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by somehow: 6:28am On Sep 16, 2022
toluodek:
Are you sure all those cars auctioned drove one way? This is Lagos where heartlessness abound.

I don't know but the law against one way is forfeiture.

Don't think there's another offence with such penalty.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by sucess001(m): 6:40am On Sep 16, 2022
Offpoint1:
Very simple, trail whoever buys my car home and F him up with some caps.

You need a car? Buy from a dealer.

Is it the person who bought you should focus on or the government who is auctioning it out?
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by hspda: 6:41am On Sep 16, 2022
Lightorder:
when next you want to copy and paste , copy right

Lolz..you think everyone have to copy and paste words? These are my words and I don't care if a version exist before.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by sucess001(m): 6:41am On Sep 16, 2022
Ybaby:

Sitting in your house is same as voting for him. We need you to be courageous and come out and vote and snatch Nigeria back

Let's snatch Lagos first. This is Lagos doing this
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by lugado: 6:44am On Sep 16, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin

What you don't know is that even if you vote the tenant of Lagos, it wont change Lagos laws.
The law has been there ever since. It was just been implemented
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by DJInfluence: 6:45am On Sep 16, 2022
Even our government looked at these cars are called them road worthy? No wonder we have vehicles on the road that have either 3 tyres instead of 4 or vehicles that are tilted to one side. From the pictures, these vehicles shouldn't be sold to the public. They constitute a big danger to the public .

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Obidient4life3: 6:47am On Sep 16, 2022
I will never buy such a car! This is plain evil. Traffic offence comes with a penalty not forfeiting of vehicles!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by sweetman2022: 7:00am On Sep 16, 2022
I would have preferred they fine them quarter of the car's worth and when they can't pay within stipulated period, they auction it. Nigerians need to learn in a hard way because we are very stubborn people. I once asked a driver why driving against traffic? No reasonable answer. I told him what will happen if everyone decides to replicate what you are doing now, will that not be chaos. People won't obey the law unless you forced them to obey the laws via any means.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by sweetman2022: 7:07am On Sep 16, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin

I am obedient but you don't bring politics into some matters. If you don't live in Lagos you won't understand the animals living here. I have being to other states and can relate with their traffic system and compliance with it. Lagos is where people flout the law neglecting the damages they may cause. Some rules can easily work in your state but won't work here in Lagos. My cousin ran away from Lagos after one year when he witness the kind of lifestyle people live here. Have you seen a driver going nude in order to avoid arrest after breaking traffic rules? You can only see this in Lagos. Please if you don't live in Lagos, just read and move on. Let the authorities deal with the animals living here the best way they can.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by uridiwan(m): 7:09am On Sep 16, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin

but, you don't live in lagos
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by davillian(m): 7:31am On Sep 16, 2022
Millimann:
Why not impose fines rather.
Yeah they should just impose fine on the cars....
Like notify the public , that any body car that has been impounded should come with proof of ownership and pay 200k.....
And after that slash the price to 100k
And then auction the remaining cars
But what do I know APC is known for wickedness and hardship....
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by reddingtonblack: 7:40am On Sep 16, 2022
Nnamaka1:

I support crushing instead of auctioning. There is just something not right about giving another man's property out without his consent

You are entitle to your opinion, buh destruction should never an option when confiscated properties can benefit the public and serve as revenue.
Crushing are for old vehicles that are below roadworthiness, even developed countries auction impounded vehicles if the owner fails to comply within specified time. you are just being emotional
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by elevy(m): 7:47am On Sep 16, 2022
So, no SUV was impounded. Are they saying it's only the common men in Lagos that broke the traffic laws.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by anyilalaz: 7:53am On Sep 16, 2022
JC2021:

For those that don't know this place, the bridge turns one way anything from 3pm daily. If you are unfortunate enough to miss the conspicuous "Do Not Enter" sign, na OYO you dey. I have been arrested passing the bridge before, infact my friend was arrested yesterday by LASTMA officials and they billed him 200k to get his car back. He's still running around to get the fine reduced.

I hope you people supporting and encouraging Lagos State Government and LASTMA on this madness don't make mistake, because if you do, you will realise mistakes do happen and it can happen unexpectedly. It's not everyone that go around breaking traffic laws, some just happened, and it would be too late to correct the error. When I was arrested, truly I didn't see the sign. It was not until I go back there to check that I saw it. The sign is so small and not well placed. There is high possibility of missing it while driving.

The main and first aim of the traffic agency is to control traffic and not a money making one for the '' personal government. ''

The process is very faulty. First the government need to fix the road to avoid driving against the traffic in some scenarios during the rainy season or when on going construction is happening.
Secondly, enough traffic signages, conspicuously place were motorists can see them.. For example, the case of shasha to Dopemu, after the Shasha roundabout, the first signage should alert the motorist not drive through from 3pm; the next one before the bridge and the right turn toward the Tower Aluminum Company. If this is done you will see the offense as claimed by the traffic agency will drop by 98% while the 2% will be for tge big men of Lagos that love disobeying rule and orderliness.

Finally, the court should decide who has disobey and appropriately decide what to be fine. When you arrogate the right to arrest, charge, persecute, judge, fine, impound, auction etc to one person or agency then you know corruption will thrive in exponential magnitude. Traffic offender should equally have they right to appeal, etc

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by lagosrd: 7:57am On Sep 16, 2022
alphabbey1:

Rest. There's always a fine to pay for impounded vehicles. Am 100% sure the car owners refused to pay, reason for auction.... if you are at rhe venue, you will notice majority of cars there are public transport vehicles.

Fine ranges from 80,000 naira above, am sure the car owners didn't take it serious coz they refused to part away with such amount considering how much they make daily. And as you know Nigerians, many of them will prefer begging rather than paying, believing they will be pitied....

I haven't demanded for your opinion.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Karlifate: 7:59am On Sep 16, 2022
LMAO! grin
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by lagosrd: 8:04am On Sep 16, 2022
reddingtonblack:

You are mixing a lot of things up and it seems you are talking much about something you no very little about.

1st you need to understand there is a process, i.e phases
Offenses vary buh most carry option of fine, for instance if your car is tolled today you can reclaim it today as long as you accept you are wrong n ready to pay the penalty its something i have done.

Buh when you refuse to accept you are wrong or bribe them before your car gets to impound ground thats where you are charged to court, if found guilty the court will adjudicate you pay the fine or lose the car within a given period, whatever now happens the ball is in your court.

Some of those danfos are owned by police officers, lasma & co. besides elites/private look down on danfo drivers as nonentities now why should you copy or follow individuals you classified as nonentity into a BRT lane, should we be the ones copying them or vice versa.

what is wrong is wrong buh the bitter truth remains not everybody doing bad will be caught ... the question is can you deal with being the scapegoat

Does the same law not cover those you mentioned and in as much you can't proved they are owned by police officers or so, they are all subjected to the same law.

It seems not understand how we reason like that . There are laws but the laws are not for law makers and law enforcement agents abi? Tell me nonentities as you called them don't have brain abi? Are they mad people who don't know the right from left.

If I have my way I won't allow you drive anywhere where I control cos you seems not to know your right from privilege and we need to take such people off the road.

A crime is a crime, simple.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Reference(m): 8:05am On Sep 16, 2022
Nnamaka1:

I support crushing instead of auctioning. There is just something not right about giving another man's property out without his consent

Crushing will have been better but I am certain offsetting some of the costs of enforcing traffic laws via LASTMA budgets was a consideration.

The Lagos taxpayer doles out huge amounts to free up the roads. Surely there must be a way out.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by alphabbey1(m): 8:09am On Sep 16, 2022
lagosrd:

I haven't demanded for your opinion.
Such a proud misologist... wrong in all ramification but refused to believe whatever he's not used to believing....

"Why not tell the car owner to pay a fine of the same amount of auction."
Quoted word is your ignorant statement and have corrected you.... You can chose to Keep on dwelling in your ignorant natural state... done my part in reducing illiteracy....

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Big Joe Bus & Trailer In Accident After Okene, All Passengers Die (Graphic) / Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them / Buhari Completes The 10-Lane Superhighway Linking Port Harcourt & Oyigbo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.