Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,154 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) (62090 Views)

Traffic Management Solutions (TMS) Used By LASTMA To Catch Traffic Offenders / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by themanderon: 1:11am On Sep 16, 2022
The sorrow of those people will be nothing compared to what that Devil of a man Tinubu would inflict on Nigerians should Heaven forbids bad thing he mistakenly wins.
The tears and wailing will be nothing compared to the one Buhari has inflicted on Nigerians.
Those criminal task force guys that do swoop on unsuspecting motorists and seize their cars on roads that have no signs signifying they are one-way traffic.
There should be clear signs signifying those one-way roads so if anyone is caught he can be justifiably sanctioned not the nonsense those guys are doing.
Lagos state is only interested in generating more funds for the Original owner(Tinubu) even if it means squeezing the life out of the already impoverished masses.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Lightorder: 1:17am On Sep 16, 2022
gaby:
Hmmm

I won't be surprised to later find out that they've turned this into a racket where they can impound and auction off people's vehicles under false pretence to third parties arranged by them.

Nothing is not corruptible in Nigeria.

Na wa
what do you think it is all about before ?
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Lightorder: 1:19am On Sep 16, 2022
As you buy someone’s car in such circumstance , better watch your back as you use it. Those fellows are not happy
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Lightorder: 1:20am On Sep 16, 2022
Offpoint1:
Very simple, trail whoever buys my car home and F him up with some caps.

You need a car? Buy from a dealer.
I have sounded it as a warning
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Lightorder: 1:24am On Sep 16, 2022
hspda:
If you can't do the terms, don't break the rules
when next you want to copy and paste , copy right
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by sanya4good(m): 1:37am On Sep 16, 2022
Lessons learnt will forever remain with the offenders from which the vehicles were seized,

I remember when road rage caused me to damage a new model Mitsubishi Pajero which made me to spend a whole N90,000 then on its repairs, since then I never allowed myself to be under road rage rather I give peace a chance.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by ovie8200: 1:38am On Sep 16, 2022
Millimann:
Why not impose fines rather.

Maybe they could not pay the fine.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Eniolohunda: 1:40am On Sep 16, 2022
gaby:
Hmmm

I won't be surprised to later find out that they've turned this into a racket where they can impound and auction off people's vehicles under false pretence to third parties arranged by them.

Nothing is not corruptible in Nigeria.

Na wa

People like you are the ones spoiling the country, law is law and no one should be bigger than the law. US, UK are better country because people obey the law. But people like you are aiming at turning Nigeria to a lawless country.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by gaby(m): 1:42am On Sep 16, 2022
Eniolohunda:

People like you are the ones spoiling the country, law is law and no one should be bigger than the law. US, UK are better country because people obey the law. But people like you are aiming at turning Nigeria to a lawless country.

Who's this?

Will you eff off my mentions, you nitwit?
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by kolexy(m): 2:13am On Sep 16, 2022
Millimann:

There is an option of fine when a vehicle has been impounded. Your vehicle is only lost to the state if you don't pay the fine. Some people don't pay the fines thinking they could talk their through.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Positiveme2020: 2:26am On Sep 16, 2022
simplesearch:
Is auctioning of people's vehicle the penalty for traffic offense in Lagos? Can it be said authoritatively that the people involved were given enough time to reclaim their vehicles? If yes, were the charges placed on them for violation of traffic rules comeasurable with the offense committed, that is, is the fine not too high beyond normal? Or was there a deliberate intention to frustrate the owners, thereby making it impossible for them to reclaim their vehicles?
Otherwise, why will somebody using a car of about 3-4million not be able to reclaim his vehicle, if the penalty was affordable and not beyond normal? Or is it to be said, that traffic violation as in driving against the traffic is an unpardonable offense in Lagos?
All these questions beg for answer. Can an insider to this situation please share some useful details about what processes and procedures were adopted before arriving at auctioning people's cars/vehicles.

Am honestly waiting for an answer to this question? Let me know when you get a feedback. Thanks
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by deflover(m): 2:42am On Sep 16, 2022
Offpoint1:
Very simple, trail whoever buys my car home and F him up with some caps.

You need a car? Buy from a dealer.

And go to jail
U need to Bleep him up
Give him a babe grin
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Eniolohunda: 3:23am On Sep 16, 2022
gaby:

Who's this?

Will you eff off my mentions, you nitwit?

Oponu
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by olaniyilukman(m): 3:40am On Sep 16, 2022
toluodek:
You better don't buy cars in such condition. when the owner is crying and begging. Remember, whatever goes around, comes around
Did you Know millions of people have died while some are condemned to life injury as a result of our people floating traffic order and going against the simple laws, we can't continue like this as a country, we need sanity in this system, we can't continue to blame the government for everything while we keep doing things that denigrate our society...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Goodcitizen1: 3:53am On Sep 16, 2022
Why would they auction someone’s car for traffic violations ?!. They could make a payment arrangement If the person couldn’t make the penalty fees issued to him/her on time . It’s not like a car loan as it’s in western countries , where if you can’t pay, the loan company can impound your car for auction to recover their money. It’s absolutely ridiculous in this instance
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by BluntCrazeMan: 3:55am On Sep 16, 2022
Tboy222:
This life is not balanced, while tunde is overjoyed at buying a used car for quarter the price, wale is crying over his only car of over 25 years which he will never see again. In conclusion obedience pays.
That's why we are Obidient.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by marlow1962(m): 4:27am On Sep 16, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
Why does Lagos Task Force only seize old model looking vehicles?
Will you allow them seize your gle or ur c400?
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by BoboKush(m): 4:37am On Sep 16, 2022
What a very useless government
Why not fine them

This government is just useless
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by BoboKush(m): 4:40am On Sep 16, 2022
olaniyilukman:
Did you Know millions of people have died while some are condemned to life injury as a result of our people floating traffic order and going against the simple laws, we can't continue like this as a country, we need sanity in this system, we can't continue to blame the government for everything while we keep doing things that denigrate our society...

Are u aware some one way are not clearing stated
Some street are one way in yaba / shomolu
If you are not conversant with the area u won't knw

Did u knw in dopemu once its 3pm a particular dull road turns one way

And it's still same traffic offence if you are caught and your car can be auction

The law no make sense
It's never done anywhere
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by chccho(m): 4:40am On Sep 16, 2022
If u know whats good for u in this lagos n u want peace, dont ever pass 1way. Obey traffic laws!!! A word is enough for the wise
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Alpharey: 4:43am On Sep 16, 2022
This is wicked. Why not impose a heavy fine on offenders. If someone paid a fine of #10000 two times, it will reset his or her brain. This auctioning of traffic offenders means of livelihood is pure wickedness. Am pretty sure that an atom of ethnicity and tribalism must be found there. Is it not Nigeria that I know?. Chaaiii!.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Adayincanada: 4:43am On Sep 16, 2022
There is problem ooh
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by BoboKush(m): 4:44am On Sep 16, 2022
kolexy:

There is an option of fine when a vehicle has been impounded. Your vehicle is only lost to the state if you don't pay the fine. Some people don't pay the fines thinking they could talk their through.

There was never fine its strictly impounded and forfeited to the government

Unless your fine is what those task force charge you 200k to their personal purse
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Alpharey: 4:46am On Sep 16, 2022
Millimann:
My absolute opinion. Those people occupying that space are simply wicked .
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Lordofalmajiri(f): 4:47am On Sep 16, 2022
Headachetoigboh:

I know u must support it as long as it's from Tinubu. I know foe sure if Tinubu shit and ask u to eat it,u will do it very well even wash it down with pure water
I'm not a fan of tinubu but driving one watis wrong and this measure here is good for anyone caught in the act. cool
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Lordofalmajiri(f): 4:49am On Sep 16, 2022
7arrows:

Proverbs 29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn. NIGERIANS wise up against 2023.
Christians funny sha, una go find bible verse to support una sin... Oga If you're caught no amount of preaching of Bible verse would stop the next guy from buying your car at 300k
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by chccho(m): 4:51am On Sep 16, 2022
simplesearch:
Is auctioning of people's vehicle the penalty for traffic offense in Lagos? Can it be said authoritatively that the people involved were given enough time to reclaim their vehicles? If yes, were the charges placed on them for violation of traffic rules comeasurable with the offense committed, that is, is the fine not too high beyond normal? Or was there a deliberate intention to frustrate the owners, thereby making it impossible for them to reclaim their vehicles?
Otherwise, why will somebody using a car of about 3-4million not be able to reclaim his vehicle, if the penalty was affordable and not beyond normal? Or is it to be said, that traffic violation as in driving against the traffic is an unpardonable offense in Lagos?
All these questions beg for answer. Can an insider to this situation please share some useful details about what processes and procedures were adopted before arriving at auctioning people's cars/vehicles.
Most of the vehicles auctioned off are 1way offenders and yes the law is clear on that, offenders risk their vehicles auctioned off/forfeited according to Lasg traffic laws. So if u know whats good for u n u want your peace dont violate traffic laws in Lagos. The option of fine/penalty is solely at the discretion of the court..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Alpharey: 4:56am On Sep 16, 2022
Patriotsleague:
Very good, nobody thrives in a lawless society, other states are backwards because of the lawlessness they tolerate there. This is why Lagos is the best City and stare in Nigeria.
Hahaha. This is exactly the result when you are the student and the examiner at the same time. Story
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:58am On Sep 16, 2022
Totilopussylick:
grin

I saw a vehicle with a very obvious "L" sign on it.

What government impounds a learner's vehicle over traffic offences?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Big Joe Bus & Trailer In Accident After Okene, All Passengers Die (Graphic) / Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them / Buhari Completes The 10-Lane Superhighway Linking Port Harcourt & Oyigbo (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.