Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,507 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) (62095 Views)

Traffic Management Solutions (TMS) Used By LASTMA To Catch Traffic Offenders / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Billygee2u: 10:52pm On Sep 15, 2022
gaby:
Hmmm

I won't be surprised to later find out that they've turned this into a racket where they can impound and auction off people's vehicles under false pretence to third parties arranged by them.

Nothing is not corruptible in Nigeria.

Na wa
This will be a childs play compared to what will befall Nigerians if by chance Tinubu becomes President
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by wasuka14(m): 10:52pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin
And someone was telling me the other day to vote in the landlord of Lagos as president of Nigeria..Make I go mistakenly go park my keke wrongly,next thing na to auction am out undecided

Over my dead body...I rather sit-down my house on that day than to go cast my vote for who go remove my source of food from my hand undecided

So we should allow lawlessness to continue in our country. We want gud country but doesn't want to obey law. Thunder fire anyone who is not support Government on this one. We need sanity in our city, especially Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by azikiweironsi(m): 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
ComeToJesus:
The forfeiture smacks of high handedness; a case of killing a fly with a sledgehammer.

How about giving them fines as a worst case scenario?

The spirit of wickedness finds expression in Nigeria.

You are right in your thought. But have you witnessed a hit and run driver who killed an innocent man after packing his car to cross to other lane of the road but unfortunately hit by a driver who drove against the traffic. The innocent man, (father, husband.....) killed, gone to a journey of no return carelessly.
Now who is to be blamed ? Is it the innocent man ?
Is it the government or the driver who hit and ran away?
We all clamour for a decent society, we are quick to compare UK, Canada or America to be where system works. Every body want to Japa to a more decent society but refused to obey common traffic laws in Nigeria. In UK, Canada... you want to Japa, don't they have traffic rules ? In some cases vehicles are not only impounded but also mark your driving licence or ban offenders for life. Never to drive again on any roads depending on the gravity of the offence committed. We tends to believe in bribing our ways out when committed an offence here. Everybody feels untouchable and rude to law enforcement agent claiming you have God father somewhere who will intervene in your blunders.
It can be very disheartening seeing such vehicles being auctioned but we must put our house in order if we want to get a decent society we all clamouring for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by sharone21(f): 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
Targettinv the wrong audience to practice auctioneering.

Why not target drug lords, 419 boys, Politicians whose properties were confisticated and auction their wares to increase revenue for government?
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by reddingtonblack: 11:01pm On Sep 15, 2022
lagosrd:

I never had the intention of replying any quote as the day has really gone into darkness. That same law has the human face if and only the operators are willing to do the right thing. Why do we choose to treat ourselves as rags and then turn to blame others for the problems we create.

Will it not be better your car goes to court and you summon courage and pay up fo the fines than just suctioning people's properties as if we are in banana republic,

Lastly why are cars of such auctioned under that kind of condition. Couldn't you see the owners crying and don't tell me all of them are actually offenders. Don't you see Danfo vehicles on BRT lanes? And the lastma officials will just look aside and if it were to be a private car user they will jump into the expressway and engage the driver in a fight for all.

Stop glorifying what is not good, you could be a victim tomorrow. Most of those roads you see the lastmat are standing on are federal roads and what right have they on federal roads. You just want to make it look as if the offenders are really bad.

Go to ojota, ketu etc and see what you call Justice. People driving in express and still calling passengers to come in. Abegggii

You are mixing a lot of things up and it seems you are talking much about something you no very little about.

1st you need to understand there is a process, i.e phases
Offenses vary buh most carry option of fine, for instance if your car is tolled today you can reclaim it today as long as you accept you are wrong n ready to pay the penalty its something i have done.

Buh when you refuse to accept you are wrong or bribe them before your car gets to impound ground thats where you are charged to court, if found guilty the court will adjudicate you pay the fine or lose the car within a given period, whatever now happens the ball is in your court.

Some of those danfos are owned by police officers, lasma & co. besides elites/private look down on danfo drivers as nonentities now why should you copy or follow individuals you classified as nonentity into a BRT lane, should we be the ones copying them or vice versa.

what is wrong is wrong buh the bitter truth remains not everybody doing bad will be caught ... the question is can you deal with being the scapegoat

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by JAWBONE(m): 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2022
This is a very terrible and dangerous way to deal with traffic offenders. Make them pay fines for their offence simple.

You impound their car and auction it off at giveaway prices. Imagine auctioning a car worth 10m and someone gets to buy it for 1m while the owner is still there.

You who bought that car has just bought problems in your life. If the owner of that car is a resentful person, he might track you and kill you to get his car back or destroy the car so nobody uses it.

Lagos State government should do better.

Law is meant to make society better, law was made for man, not man for the law. How do you enforce a law that has the potential to create more problems in the future.

Then again, Nigerians are very docile when it comes to some irrational and high handed behaviour exhibited by government. Something like this should not be allowed to stand. It's useless, stupid and dangerous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by tafat: 11:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
Hopefully this should help to instill obedience to traffic rules
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by happney65: 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
Ikennablue:
I don’t understand? You offend, they seize your car, they bill you, you can’t afford it, then they auction your car

Dont mind them.I support this bajee.they need strict tough hands in that lagos.lots of unruly people. not even Lagos alone sef,Nationwide. drivers will be flouting traffic rules. if you know you are in a haste why dont you leave house earlier. unruly driving leads to loss of lives. someone I know died recently in that Lagos due to unruly driving. he suppose still dey alive if not for reckless drivers driving as if them get extra life for house

rubbish
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Minjim: 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
Why can't they just give the rightful owners the right of first refusal
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Nnamaka1: 11:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
Why do we just enjoy making the poor more miserable in this our beloved country?
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by onomeabuja: 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
Cigar990:
This is so funny af grin
Walahi if na me get any of those cars' , na to just go shit smelly shit inside my car make i come see how this TINUBU boys wan use me cash out grin
Abi no be me again.....
Na beg they go beg me make i carry my motor from there grin
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Nnamaka1: 11:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
reddingtonblack:

You are mixing a lot of things up and it seems you are talking much about something you no very little about.

1st you need to understand there is a process, i.e phases
Offenses vary buh most carry option of fine, for instance if your car is tolled today you can reclaim it today as long as you accept you are wrong n ready to pay the penalty its something i have done.

Buh when you refuse to accept you are wrong or bribe them before your car gets to impound ground thats where you are charged to court, if found guilty the court will adjudicate you pay the fine or lose the car within a given period, whatever now happens the ball is in your court.

Some of those danfos are owned by police officers, lasma & co. besides elites/private look down on danfo drivers as nonentities now why should you copy or follow individuals you classified as nonentity into a BRT lane, should we be the ones copying them or vice versa.

what is wrong is wrong buh the bitter truth remains not everybody doing bad will be caught ... the question is can you deal with being the scapegoat

I support crushing instead of auctioning. There is just something not right about giving another man's property out without his consent

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by JC2021: 11:22pm On Sep 15, 2022
anyilalaz:

Most of the time, poor or no signages, which more often than not are deliberately done by the traffic agency to catch unaware drivers or new drivers not conversant with the roads in Lagos.

I nearly fell for this when driving from Shasha in Alimosho towards the overhead bridge leading to Dopemu. If not for the gala boys, 'I for hear am'. Funny enough one of the agbero without uniform, working with the traffic guys was waiting to see me fall into the trap.
Since my new job had made me relocated to Ogun State, whenever i am going to Lagos i rather take public transport to avoid story that touch.

For those that don't know this place, the bridge turns one way anything from 3pm daily. If you are unfortunate enough to miss the conspicuous "Do Not Enter" sign, na OYO you dey. I have been arrested passing the bridge before. Infact, my friend was arrested and his car taken to their office yesterday on that same bridge by LASTMA officials and they billed him 200k to get his car back. He's still running around to get the fine reduced.

I hope you people supporting and encouraging Lagos State Government and LASTMA on this madness don't make mistake, because if you do, you will realise mistakes do happen and it can happen unexpectedly. It's not everyone that go around breaking traffic laws, some just happened, and it would be too late to correct the error. When I was arrested, truly I didn't see the sign. It was not until I go back there to check that I saw it. The sign is so small and not well placed. There is high possibility of missing it while driving.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by randirandor(m): 11:28pm On Sep 15, 2022
Those guys were punished for breaking the laws. Who punishes Government in its own failures to the citizens such as provision of pipe borne water, health care, good roads, free and quality education, power supply, security etc

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Gospel2Day: 11:30pm On Sep 15, 2022
lagosrd:
Very very parochial and barbaric style In a modern day Ina very chaotic and rowdy environment.

They end up selling the cars at ridiculously cheap prices, and will not allow any higher bidder to come in.

Why not tell the car owner to pay a fine of the same amount of auction.

Give them the right of first refusal before you turn them into rags.

Very sensible of you.
People like you should be Special Advisers to Governors and other executive political office holders.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Str8talk21: 11:33pm On Sep 15, 2022
APC & PDP be ready, come February 2023, so shall your pain be while the Obidients are busy rejoicing..... shouting....Òshè (2x) ooo....òshè ooo bábá. cheesy
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Kingzeez10: 11:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
SILVERLINES:
grin
E don set

Campaign is closer, they need money to buy votes.

Woe unto anyone voting APC in 2023
Una no just get sense for that side.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Ikea81: 11:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
All the people who bought it are cursed.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 15, 2022
SILVERLINES:
grin
E don set

Campaign is closer, they need money to buy votes.

Woe unto anyone voting APC in 2023
Wow onto you to for cursing. Everyone is eligible to vote. Why don't you say woe onto INEC for allowing APC to be among the parties?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Olayetan(m): 11:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
datola:
Hmmm... Do Nigerians need iron hand leadership? Yes!

This isn't iron hand, this is wickedness, they should impose fine instead of auctioning the cars.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by ghboy83: 11:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
This is madness
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by ComeToJesus: 11:58pm On Sep 15, 2022
azikiweironsi:

You are right in your thought. But have you witnessed a hit and run driver who killed an innocent man after packing his car to cross to other lane of the road but unfortunately hit by a driver who drove against the traffic. The innocent man, (father, husband.....) killed, gone to a journey of no return carelessly.
Now who is to be blamed ? Is it the innocent man ?
Is it the government or the driver who hit and ran away?
We all clamour for a decent society, we are quick to compare UK, Canada or America to be where system works. Every body want to Japa to a more decent society but refused to obey common traffic laws in Nigeria. In UK, Canada... you want to Japa, don't they have traffic rules ? In some cases vehicles are not only impounded but also mark your driving licence or ban offenders for life. Never to drive again on any roads depending on the gravity of the offence committed. We tends to believe in bribing our ways out when committed an offence here. Everybody feels untouchable and rude to law enforcement agent claiming you have God father somewhere who will intervene in your blunders.
It can be very disheartening seeing such vehicles being auctioned but we must put our house in order if we want to get a decent society we all clamouring for.
I completely agree with you. I don't in any way support traffic rules infringements. Such infractions could be very costly.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by thinkmoney(m): 11:58pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin
And someone was telling me the other day to vote in the landlord of Lagos as president of Nigeria..Make I go mistakenly go park my keke wrongly,next thing na to auction am out undecided

Over my dead body...I rather sit-down my house on that day than to go cast my vote for who go remove my source of food from my hand undecided
No sit down friend. Let ur vote be that one vote that will make Tinubu lose
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by valuehub(f): 12:06am On Sep 16, 2022
You mean $50k

Legalcriminal:
Be like I Dey go next auction if I fit see this buy for 50k
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by abanastuff(m): 12:09am On Sep 16, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin

In as much as I feel the pain of the car owners let it be known that if action in not taking to bring sanity to the road we will still be shouting n criticizing the govt for hold ups where people will pack anyhow just because there is no penalty for his/her offence.
We break laws alot in this country just because we can bribe our way out. Am happy for this and I hope they don't start taking bribe or listen to people who has power to let offenders go Scot free

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by kettykin: 12:27am On Sep 16, 2022
JC2021:

For those that don't know this place, the bridge turns one way anything from 3pm daily. If you are unfortunate enough to miss the conspicuous "Do Not Enter" sign, na OYO you dey. I have been arrested passing the bridge before, infact my friend was arrested yesterday by LASTMA officials and they billed him 200k to get his car back. He's still running around to get the fine reduced.

I hope you people supporting and encouraging Lagos State Government and LASTMA on this madness don't make mistake, because if you do, you will realise mistakes do happen and it can happen unexpectedly. It's not everyone that go around breaking traffic laws, some just happened, and it would be too late to correct the error. When I was arrested, truly I didn't see the sign. It was not until I go back there to check that I saw it. The sign is so small and not well placed. There is high possibility of missing it while driving.
. you can imagine driving at night and not able to see the sign, I pray everyone supporting this fall s victim someday, the experience is heart wrenching and will make you almost curse Lagos state government and police lastma, God comfort the victims

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Panda7(m): 12:34am On Sep 16, 2022
all this rudiger big head officers no go find work oo, pepper your mama hippopotamus
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Litmus: 12:42am On Sep 16, 2022
Offpoint1:
Very simple, trail whoever buys my car home and F him up with some caps.

You need a car? Buy from a dealer.

This is possibly why some Nations abroad crush civilian vehicles impounded for various traffic offenses instead of auction them.

Authorities in Western nations view all civilians as portential dingbats and intact preventative measures to mitigate predictable areas of possible transgressions.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Pholadime(m): 12:42am On Sep 16, 2022
Legalcriminal:
Be like I Dey go next auction if I fit see this buy for 50k
Lol ��� in your wildest dreams
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Paxcal: 12:52am On Sep 16, 2022
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Big Joe Bus & Trailer In Accident After Okene, All Passengers Die (Graphic) / Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them / Buhari Completes The 10-Lane Superhighway Linking Port Harcourt & Oyigbo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.