Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,170 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) (62093 Views)

Traffic Management Solutions (TMS) Used By LASTMA To Catch Traffic Offenders / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by rusher14: 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
nonny1212:
This is not good na.. on how you go buy car 3m, because of offence and government power, you are watching the same car being sold at 400k. Na wa o. Too painful abeg

How much you want make government sell am?
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Ameduedwin: 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
Govt keep making life difficult and unbearable for it citizens, upon the harsh economic conditions, people that collect the vehicle on hired purchase have entered a Big debt. Make God help them.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Patriotsleague: 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
7arrows:

This is nonsense. How many of the politicians who steal daily have been punished. The law is supposed to be for all. I've never heard of such auctions in europe or America. The police officers, army officers and government officials who take one way freely, disobey trafic rules etc. what has happened to them? NIGERIA is a scam.
Go and tell that to the parliament and people making the laws, EFCC etc, not Lagos state government. This is a state government, Lagos is not federal government.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by 27Pushing30: 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin
And someone was telling me the other day to vote in the landlord of Lagos as president of Nigeria..Make I go mistakenly go park my keke wrongly,next thing na to auction am out undecided

Over my dead body...I rather sit-down my house on that day than to go cast my vote for who go remove my source of food from my hand undecided

You car can’t be auctioned for parking wrongly

These guys are one way guys… and guess what? Even after this lagosians actually still pass one way lol
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by reddingtonblack: 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
Tboy222:
This life is not balanced, while tunde is overjoyed at buying a used car for quarter the price, wale is crying over his only car of over 25 years which he will never see again. In conclusion obedience pays.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by toluodek(m): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
Are you sure all those cars auctioned drove one way? This is Lagos where heartlessness abound.
somehow:

Some of the tokumbos you buy from abroad are gotten how?

If you don't want this to happen to you, respect traffic laws and do not drive one way!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Eriokanmi: 9:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
DropsMic:
The only way to make a typical black man obey the rules is to force him. These guys no go ever break any traffic rule again.
I wish it was your vehicle they auctioned this way in this harsh economy. You lack human feelings guy. Imagine someone feeding his family, training his children in school with his vehicle tjat wqs auctioned out. Why not impose fines instead?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by EmekaMD(m): 9:22pm On Sep 15, 2022
Government must be allowed to do its job, and whosoever is caught breaking the law must bear its wrath.
Having said that, I think the main problem is that most Nigerians don’t know how to drive. Driving isn’t just pulling the gear and controlling the wheels. You need to learn and understand the traffic rules and signs.

Government must enforce that all Nigerians who wants to drive must first of all under driving lessons in accredited driving schools,
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by omoadeleye(m): 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin
And someone was telling me the other day to vote in the landlord of Lagos as president of Nigeria..Make I go mistakenly go park my keke wrongly,next thing na to auction am out undecided

Over my dead body...I rather sit-down my house on that day than to go cast my vote for who go remove my source of food from my hand undecided

Imagine... See haters of development
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by 7arrows: 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin

I've said it times without number. Someone who doesnt know how to create wealth for the state will only tax the citizens. Instead of creating jobs it will be tax tax tax and more Avenue to tax and frustrate the citizens. Remember what the bible says about when the wicked rule. NIGERIA never see anything yet. Make una vote Tinubu and Atiku and be ready for the worst ever.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Liquidpenis: 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
Some are happy while some are crying

. Below is a picture of emeka my friend whose vehicle got impounded and auctioned....he is leaving Lagos to the paradise Obi has build in anambra

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by BreakingNews21: 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2022
See bidders with ready money to buy? Not everybody in Naija is broke. Poverty is a curse oo. grin

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by REDshouse(m): 9:25pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin

Lagos not for the offenders but for d Obedient
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:25pm On Sep 15, 2022
Well I read how a guy said on Twitter that his uncle died four years after suffering loss from being hit by a vehicle who broke traffic... As such the guy said he has no sympathy for traffic offenders whose cars has been impounded... All the same I think a fine for traffic offence is more appropriate than impounding and auctioning the cars... More fines paid means more revenue for govt self
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Iykenuwa(m): 9:25pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin

By not voting, you would have indirectly voted the candidate you don't want.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Headachetoigboh(f): 9:25pm On Sep 15, 2022
DropsMic:
The only way to make a typical black man obey the rules is to force him. These guys no go ever break any traffic rule again.

I know u must support it as long as it's from Tinubu. I know foe sure if Tinubu shit and ask u to eat it,u will do it very well even wash it down with pure water
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Alajiki(m): 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
gaby:
Hmmm

I won't be surprised to later find out that they've turned this into a racket where they can impound and auction off people's vehicles under false pretence to third parties arranged by them.

Nothing is not corruptible in Nigeria.

Na wa

What's this one saying?

If you did not commit traffic offence, would they come to your house to impound your vehicle?
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by 7arrows: 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
Tboy222:
This life is not balanced, while tunde is overjoyed at buying a used car for quarter the price, wale is crying over his only car of over 25 years which he will never see again. In conclusion obedience pays.

Proverbs 29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn. NIGERIANS wise up against 2023.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by reddingtonblack: 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
Why does Lagos Task Force only seize old model looking vehicles?

if you drive a venza, lexus or G wagon will you let the task force impound your car even if the fine is 500k.
how much road fine wan be wey person go forfeit exotic cars
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by teepain: 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
Millimann:
Why not impose fines rather.

I guess the authorities now understand that imposition of fines haven't been working because our people will just say "shebi na money, e no go pass fine" and they will continue to flout the law, especially driving one-way. I see a lot of folks expressing anger at the Lagos State Government because of the auction of these vehicles. However, those who have lost their loved ones to the recklessness of the one-way traffic offenders would applaud this move.

Our people should learn not to endanger other people's lives by flouting traffic laws.

DON'T DRIVE AGAINST THE TRAFFIC.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by tunwumi: 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
gaby:
Hmmm

I won't be surprised to later find out that they've turned this into a racket where they can impound and auction off people's vehicles under false pretence to third parties arranged by them.

Nothing is not corruptible in Nigeria.

Na wa

It was done in the presence of the owners.
So this inference does not hold water.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Summerview: 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2022
I wish

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by SmartyPants(m): 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2022
Offpoint1:
Very simple, trail whoever buys my car home and F him up with some caps.

You need a car? Buy from a dealer.

The part that will shock you is when they beat you up instead.

Insult upon injury.

grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by anyilalaz: 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2022
somehow:

Some of the tokumbos you buy from abroad are gotten how?

If you don't want this to happen to you, respect traffic laws and do not drive one way!

Most of the time, poor or no signages, which more often than not are deliberately done by the traffic agency to catch unaware drivers or new drivers not conversant with the roads in Lagos.

I nearly fell for this when driving from Shasha in Alimosho towards the overhead bridge leading to Dopemu. If not for the gala boys, 'I for hear am'. Funny enough one of the agbero without uniform, working with the traffic guys was waiting to see me fall into the trap.
Since my new job had made me relocated to Ogun State, whenever i am going to Lagos i rather take public transport to avoid story that touch.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Alajiki(m): 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin

You don't even trust yourself to be disciplined enough to abide by simple traffic regulation.

And these are the so-called youth who want better Nigeria. Tueh!
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Summerview: 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2022
I don’t wish
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Alajiki(m): 9:30pm On Sep 15, 2022
Offpoint1:
Very simple, trail whoever buys my car home and F him up with some caps.

You need a car? Buy from a dealer.

Yinmu!

You'd also be trailed, arrested, prosecuted and executed.

Simple!
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Faithful007: 9:31pm On Sep 15, 2022
spartachico:
Painful but May we never encounter this in our lives cus most roads have no sign or already faded sign , almost happened to me in 2016 while finding a route to unilag, thanks to passerby’s shouting turn back turn back
If this is the case then those guys can unite, find a good civil rights lawyer and quickly file a case against the Lagos State Government. It is winnable. This is too totalitarian.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by VULCAN(m): 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2022
And if everyone sits down at home, who do you think will become President...

The greatest rigger of elections in our history..

The Drug Lord

Sonnobax15:
grin

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Healthquest: 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2022
In a saner clime ,this is what happen instead of burning and crushing those motorcycles. Auction dem, they are not bad to the society.
Stop the destruction and auction any seized properties to the public

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Big Joe Bus & Trailer In Accident After Okene, All Passengers Die (Graphic) / Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them / Buhari Completes The 10-Lane Superhighway Linking Port Harcourt & Oyigbo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.