Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 (59091 Views)

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) / Three Siblings Survive After A Trailer Crushed Their Car In Nsukka (Photos) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by capponla231(m): 8:50am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

All thanks to Tinubu, a very big thanks to him.

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule. Funny enough, the law makers and enforcers are the ones breaking the laws more in Lagos. Till they obey the law they make themselves, will I take them serious.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of their cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

Agbadorian can only be president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.
And the guy still spend 3years in jail,y will they auction after that.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by sukkot: 8:50am On Sep 16, 2022
Alpharey:

Driving against traffic is bad. But auctioning ones vehicle is wicked, coupled with the jail terms. In London you are referring to, you bwill be issued a ticket to go and pay a stipulated fine, not outright impoundment. Wicked government
nigga you must be crazy. if you drive against traffic in london first thing is that they certify that you are a mad man because you must be mad to do something like that and the offense in london would be dealt with in 3 folds
1- your car will be seized and crushed. they will not even auction it. they would crush it
2-your drivers license banned for life
3- you would be committed to a mental institution for evaluation for 6 months

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Preciousgift90: 8:50am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.

So in your London the punishment due for traffic rule offense is to sell off their cars at auction price. God forbid bathing
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by CurrentSamuel(m): 8:50am On Sep 16, 2022
I felt bad for them. God will surely help them
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by yesloaded: 8:51am On Sep 16, 2022
MRNIGERDoxx:

You have said the realest truth King.

People need to settle their minds and return back to their villages to engage in Semi-mechanized farming that will give them peace and rest of mind instead of Enslaving themselves in a place where Hardship of eating a square meal on a daily basis prevails.

The insecurity, hardship and oppressions in Lagos is over-alarming and overwhelming.

Let She that have Eyes - Read This in Good Understanding and Take Actions.

I only visit Lagos occasionally. I lived there growing up with my single mother as her first child and after graduating from the University; I understood living in cities like Akure, Calabar and Many other Developing Towns is A More Saner way to Live and Accumulate Wealth than Kill Yourself with The STRUGGLE MENTALITY which most Lagosians Exist with.

In My Humble Opinion; I'll create up a Financial Sensitization Thread to this effect to help enlighten more Nigerian Youths to See The advantages of The URBAN-RURAL Migration and How Easy Anyone can begin a Good Life When They Eliminate The Mentality of Being Pompous or Egoistic about being "A Lagosian".

Best Regards.... You have written well.

smiley

I'll quote you when I create up the thread for your participatory advice too.

We Up!

Sir, I treasured your valuable contribution.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by AdaAwka1: 8:52am On Sep 16, 2022
Creamypie:
So sad mehn. Y sell vehicle of defaulter? Y not ask for better fine. The man even stayed in prison for 3yrs(doesn't seem true, going by the difference between date of bus purchase and today)

Maybe dey wanted to write 3months

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:52am On Sep 16, 2022
Bobbyjay001:

Can you compare the state of roads in London to that of Nigeria? Or you want to compare the rate at which traffic is being managed in London to that of Nigeria?

You are making excuses for offenders.

The fact is not that our roads are bad. But that we are a very indisciplined people.

Buhari met that nonsense as way back as 1983, when our roads were very well maintained than now. That was why he decreed War Against Indiscipline.

3 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Ifakiland(m): 8:52am On Sep 16, 2022
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Maccar02: 8:53am On Sep 16, 2022
This is How LP/PDP think and they won't to rule this country jokers
Anigreat:
shocked

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule. Funny enough, the law makers and enforcers are the ones breaking the laws more in Lagos. Till they obey the law they make themselves, will I take them serious.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of their cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

Agbadorian can only be president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by kennyclassic: 8:53am On Sep 16, 2022
This is a misdemeanour crime. Spending 3 years in prison for it is what I don’t understand, that’s if it is true.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by tishbite42: 8:53am On Sep 16, 2022
Patriotsleague:

They are one tribe, southwest. Igbos are not even Nigerians, they are biafrans.
You can say that again
The only thing that will give you pathetic folks right over Lagos is a Biafran exit
Anything short of that, you're just fooling yourselves
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by olurotimi(m): 8:54am On Sep 16, 2022
2elliot:
But he didn't knock anyone. Even in the abroad with the best road safety education, accidents still happen and people die as a result. In fact, Ukraine president just had an accident. Knocking off and killing someone with reckless driving has its own different punishment. That shoulding be added to mere traffic offence. You don't kill a mosquito with a sledge hammer.
Its the Ukraine President's son.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by rajiedreez: 8:55am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

LOL it's lots like you that blames politicians for breaking the rule and praise hooligans for breaking the same rule.

FGS he's a commercial driver and not a private owner. Public drivers are judged differently from private owner because their standards are different
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by hope4nigeria(m): 8:55am On Sep 16, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Your logic is flawed.

Spain recently raised fine for drunk driving to 1500 euros (over 600k naira).

If they want to raise money for Tinubu's campaigns, they can just simply increase fine to 2 million for driving against traffic.

In fact, auctioning vehicles is a poor way to generate money. If we are talking about auctioning artwork, and gold, that is a different matter. But vehicles. There is always a very low limit, especially for many of these battered buses that break traffic laws in Lagos.

you are wicked and mean, that you called battered buses are the lively hood of many families, because you don't have sense, continue supporting wickedness. Same will consume you and APC in Lagos State
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by seanwilliam(m): 8:55am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

As much as I hate all these politicians, I think you’re worse than they are, you’re beating around the bush to garner likes and sympathies , why is it hard to respect the rules and regulations? Something wey be say dem no born una well to do overseas. Wetin concern tinubu here now? You’re senseless.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by sukkot: 8:55am On Sep 16, 2022
twilliamx:
What is igbo widow... Just like tribalizing everything to whip up useless sentiment
an an igbo widow if she was in the east she would be considered winch and burnt to death or lashed thoroughly with horsewhip

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Patriotsleague: 8:56am On Sep 16, 2022
tishbite42:

You can say that again
The only thing that will give you pathetic folks right over Lagos is a Biafran exit
Anything short of that, you're just fooling yourselves
Biafrans are our slaves in Lagos, they do as we say, if they don't, we cut off their lifeline. You can't even own your desolate South east, criminals and killers from everywhere have taken over your lands cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Parachoko: 8:57am On Sep 16, 2022
Pimine:

I understand you perfectly but let's all be humane. Does he deserve to be punished? yes. Is the punishment far greater than the crime? yes. Let's stop killing flies with sledgehammers.
Do you know how many times the Government has been asking this people to stop breaking traffic rules? How can you face incoming vehicle, do you even know how dangerous driving against traffic is?

People have been warned of the consequences, I have no pity for him.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by seanwilliam(m): 8:58am On Sep 16, 2022
Ruggedniggaone:
Nonsense! which one is igbo widow?na only igbo widow car them impounded? This news is combinations of trash I swear
I swear I hate that victim card mentality . Shey na only Igbo widow’s vehicle dem impound? These people are making it seem like they’re being targeted by Lagos state government .
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by MatrixReloaded: 8:59am On Sep 16, 2022
Olodo onuku
detectivejones:
You know, you can make your point or counter an opinion like a normal human being with functioning brain right?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Teejayadex: 8:59am On Sep 16, 2022
The government that cannot provide any good benefit even ordinary good electricity or road for its citizens.

The government will use American or European style of discipline on its citizens during this current economy.

I sorry for Nigeria

This are the Type of road that own this discipline, Too harsh for Cele road

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Ishilove: 9:03am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
Until the traffic offenders kill you or your relatives before you condemn them. Rule is rule. Without rules we are nothing but savages.
Harsh, but very true

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:03am On Sep 16, 2022
hope4nigeria:
you are wicked and mean, that you called battered buses are the lively hood of many families, because you don't have sense, continue supporting wickedness. Same will consume you and APC in Lagos State

You are too emotional.

All I am saying is that there are far more lucrative ways to make money out of traffic offences than auctioning which even cost money to organize sef.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Ishilove: 9:04am On Sep 16, 2022
Esiem:
Please guys if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. Thank you and God bless you
Account num:
41 GTBank Iyom Ubi Angel
You have spent more time begging online than doing anything productive offline.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Parachoko: 9:04am On Sep 16, 2022
dyera:
Tinubu is a very heartless human being. He has no human being sympathy.

Case like this, you are supposed to have them pay 50k fine.
The kin irritating comments some of you guys dey always write eh

One will just have to shake his head at this una shallow comments

People have died unnecessarily because they got knock down by drivers, driving against traffic.

People have been told the consequences of driving against traffic in Lagos numerous time
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Concord23(m): 9:05am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.

What the politician are doing in this country, can they do it outside the country?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by seanwilliam(m): 9:06am On Sep 16, 2022
Pimine:

I understand you perfectly but let's all be humane. Does he deserve to be punished? yes. Is the punishment far greater than the crime? yes. Let's stop killing flies with sledgehammers.
if he had killed one of your family members the day he violated the rules, I’m sure this won’t be your response,

You see bro, Nigeria people need iron hard.. if everyone chooses to disobey the rules , the society will be like jungle.. infact, there are rules and regulations in the jungle too
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by judeovoma: 9:07am On Sep 16, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 16, 2022
Creamypie:
So sad mehn. Y sell vehicle of defaulter? Y not ask for better fine. The man even stayed in prison for 3yrs(doesn't seem true, going by the difference between date of bus purchase and today)
prison term is calculated day and night... Day is calculated as one day, night is calculated as another day...if One is sentenced to 6 years..in reality, he serves just 3 years

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by lordixon(m): 9:07am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:

so in essence you are saying the state government is right in its approach by sentencing an offender for three whole yrs for a crime and still want to auction the car? this to me is oppression and inhuman. if the car will be auctioned why the send the offender to prison?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Parachoko: 9:08am On Sep 16, 2022
crafteck:
Lets first leave tribe out of it, punishment should be equal or similar in weight to the crime, how can you take people's properties because you have the power to, funny thing is lagosians are silent, politicians steal billions and they are not arent to firing squad.... Think am
If you like, drive against traffic in Lagos State.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Parachoko: 9:08am On Sep 16, 2022
Kingozymandias:

You go cry tire

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus / Accident At Abule-Egba Head Bridge Along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photos) / Madonna Students Returning For Election Burn To Death In Road Accident (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.