Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,926 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 (59049 Views)

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) / Three Siblings Survive After A Trailer Crushed Their Car In Nsukka (Photos) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 8:33am On Sep 16, 2022
raylandmark:

Let call a spade a spade it is actually wrong where in the world does someone commit a traffic offense and has done its sentence yet they still fine him fine is supposed to be an option if he can’t pay the fine then he goes to prison how will you punish someone twice
Oyinbo dey drive one way?
Very easy to kill with one way very very easy ... Even person wey dey drive am sef on God.. Just stop it abeg
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Morphinne: 8:33am On Sep 16, 2022
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1428577/igbo-widow-son-tears-beg-lagos-government-auction-vehicle-photos-video/
How on earth were they able to make this legal? They could just simply make them pay fines and failure to do so should lead to final forfeiture.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 8:34am On Sep 16, 2022
BABANGBALI:
yes it was only their own we sold, what would you do to us?
Lolzzzz
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Jungleluv5: 8:35am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

All thanks to Tinubu, a very big thanks to him.

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule. Funny enough, the law makers and enforcers are the ones breaking the laws more in Lagos. Till they obey the law they make themselves, will I take them serious.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of their cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

Agbadorian can only be president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.
if tinubu is your problem go back to your state and violate traffic rules and be free flat head. I believe that you will be hit by those who violate traffic and if you survive it idiot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Agbebakun22: 8:35am On Sep 16, 2022
knowhowk:
And how about the Yorubas in the East ?
can u compare the population of yoruba in east and ibos in west. Igbos move to west in droves like sardines. Oya talk again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Patriotsleague: 8:36am On Sep 16, 2022
Alpharey:

Tinubu and your other leaders who understand the situation very well are fighting tooth and nail to make sure that Easterners have every reason to keep living in Lagos and you like a baby being backed by its mother don't even know that the journey is too far. Continue shouting leave our Lagos as if hunger will not finish you and your likes when you don't see Igbo man who will give you Owo da. Receive sense. You need those guys to survive. They raise Lagos Gdp.
Nah, lies, Igbo traders are begging, appeasing the APC government, they all will vote for Tinubu. You need Lagos, Lagos don't need you. Alaba market as it is, is a nuisance, but out of love, they still allow you guys stay there. If igbos are ejected, other tribes and businesses will take their place. Don't you see how your Igbo traders were begging when they threatened to close down the market. You seem to be a fool, don't know how economics works, Lagos is the market, everyone wants to come trade here. Everyone comes where the market is to sell, from North, South, even from abroad. Get sense, flaat head.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by abokikhalifa: 8:36am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.

As if our political leaders are obeying the law.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Morphinne: 8:38am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.
Well you’re right but I think this is a little too harsh. A heavy fine should suffice.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 8:39am On Sep 16, 2022
Masturbator2020:

Who send am go drive one way?
Leave the guy jare ... If one way driver don break him leg he wont be saying this... Baba that thing dey very dangerous... Soul dey almost comot for body if them no jam person sef

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by detectivejones: 8:39am On Sep 16, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Everything no be government ... Are we really easy to govern ....
Exactly. Food for thoughts.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by bensonkarl: 8:39am On Sep 16, 2022
Na wa
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Comedian2019: 8:39am On Sep 16, 2022
Both the government and most citizens are the same.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 8:39am On Sep 16, 2022
rusher14:

3 months.

And I would not doubt such a law exists.

For sure, the person would end up in a Psychiatric ward.
Lolzzz
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 8:39am On Sep 16, 2022
yesloaded:
Drivers needs to get sense & avoid breaking traffic rules anyhow

Lagos state government needs to stop this barbaric act of auctioning people's vehicle anyhow

Jail term with option of fine is ok and any offenders jailed suppose to have their vehicle bank

It's crazy to jail a man for 3yrs but still auction his vehicle

My advise to those who lives in Lagos feeding hand to mouth is that they should return to their hometown or relocate to another state, Lagos is not for everyone (this might sound harsh but it's bitter truth). When I see the kind of lives some people lives in lagos, I do tell myself that it's better to be farming in one's village than living a miserable life like this in the city

You have said the realest truth King.

People need to settle their minds and return back to their villages to engage in Semi-mechanized farming that will give them peace and rest of mind instead of Enslaving themselves in a place where Hardship of eating a square meal on a daily basis prevails.

The insecurity, hardship and oppressions in Lagos is over-alarming and overwhelming.

Let She that have Eyes - Read This in Good Understanding and Take Actions.

I only visit Lagos occasionally. I lived there growing up with my single mother as her first child and after graduating from the University; I understood living in cities like Akure, Calabar and Many other Developing Towns is A More Saner way to Live and Accumulate Wealth than Kill Yourself with The STRUGGLE MENTALITY which most Lagosians Exist with.

In My Humble Opinion; I'll create up a Financial Sensitization Thread to this effect to help enlighten more Nigerian Youths to See The advantages of The URBAN-RURAL Migration and How Easy Anyone can begin a Good Life When They Eliminate The Mentality of Being Pompous or Egoistic about being "A Lagosian".

Best Regards.... You have written well.

smiley

I'll quote you when I create up the thread for your participatory advice too.

We Up!

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by namo77: 8:39am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:

But in Nigeria, some people are above the law… that’s the problem.. once you have money and small power & influence, you’re above the law… whereas in UK nobody is above the law, no matter how rich and powerful you are … that’s how a sane county is built
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by tonyson010(m): 8:39am On Sep 16, 2022
Emman08:
This is draconian and cruel. How about fines, suspended prison sentences and suspended licenses? Sad thing is law applies to the ordinary Nigerian.

When will Nigeria start confiscating the assets of the looters in government?

No, we reward them and name national assets and road after them.

that's the saddest part, those at the top go free but ordinary citizens suffer when they commit offense.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 8:40am On Sep 16, 2022
Leiylau:
You are dead at conscience. Watch how he will be helped by humans not dead people people like u
Humans encouraging his bad action... One way don kill many ... Abeg just stop this...
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Patriotsleague: 8:41am On Sep 16, 2022
tishbite42:

Lol
Yorubas are pathetic
So every Yoruba person is from Lagos State?!
grin cheesy wink
They are one tribe, southwest. Igbos are not even Nigerians, they are biafrans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:44am On Sep 16, 2022
hope4nigeria:
in UK, US, CANADA, it's either they revoke the license of the driver or pay fine, not wicked like this selling off peoples property to raise money for Tinubu campaign. Let me see how any useless individual from Lagos will come to federal level. So the house boy governor shot himself on the foot. All the road user in Lagos will be stupid to vote who will sell off their property in disguise of enforcing Law

Your logic is flawed.

Spain recently raised fine for drunk driving to 1500 euros (over 600k naira).

If they want to raise money for Tinubu's campaigns, they can just simply increase fine to 2 million for driving against traffic.

In fact, auctioning vehicles is a poor way to generate money. If we are talking about auctioning artwork, and gold, that is a different matter. But vehicles. There is always a very low limit, especially for many of these battered buses that break traffic laws in Lagos.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Enimin: 8:44am On Sep 16, 2022
Why did he drive against traffic? All these yellow vehicles are the real nuisance on the roads, causing majority of gridlocks in Lagos.

The way they drive, they believe they are the only ones hustling for.money: keke napep, oko-ashawo (uber has killed those ones by the way, and good riddance) danfo, mini-bus like that bastard up there. They don't even know how to use the road and they never have mirrors, you end up doing half of their driving for them as a private motorist because you don't wanna commit murder.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by olamike02: 8:44am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

All thanks to Tinubu, a very big thanks to him.

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule. Funny enough, the law makers and enforcers are the ones breaking the laws more in Lagos. Till they obey the law they make themselves, will I take them serious.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of their cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

Agbadorian can only be president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.
I believe you're in Lagos built by people like Tinubu while your God forsaken land and your leaders are reaping and looting you dry but your only headache is Tinubu because he's the only one that can stop your osu caste from ever near Aso Rock. Saint Peter the Pandora can NEVER become the President. Continue to soothe yourselves with an online vote.
If this rebellious boy had done the right he won't be here crying. All Lagos na no man's land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by deavicky(m): 8:44am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
if u drive against traffic in London ur car will not be seized and u also imprisoned. For the first time I understand the power of tribalism.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:45am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:

Can you compare the state of roads in London to that of Nigeria? Or you want to compare the rate at which traffic is being managed in London to that of Nigeria?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Olaiya26: 8:46am On Sep 16, 2022
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1428577/igbo-widow-son-tears-beg-lagos-government-auction-vehicle-photos-video/

As a one way driver, you're technically a criminal. The law caught up with you, you were asked to pay a fine or go to jail. You couldn't meet the latter instead you went for 3years jail. Bus was purchased in 2021, we're still in 2022. Your daughter died in between your jail term period buh we're still in 2021. Nigerians with sympathetic lies ehn...... stop breaking the laws
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Jungleluv5: 8:46am On Sep 16, 2022
You are sentence to 3yrs imprisonment 2021 and you are now free in 2022 please how come. But you know that Lagos is the only country sorry state that law holds ground
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Whitelion07(m): 8:47am On Sep 16, 2022
Which one is igbo widow again na! This tribalism thing is becoming so irritating in this country. What has tribe got to do with the offence committed? Was the law Made to punish one particular tribe?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Agbebakun22: 8:47am On Sep 16, 2022
everythinggirly:
Which kind yeye government wey we get? They should consider nau! Haba!
igbos always crying being victimized. Yoruba and other tribes cars also got impounded too. Obey the rules and have peace of mind. He was aware when driving one way but i don't care attitude made him loose his senses. Since most still commit the same crime after paying fines. I think impounding is the best option to serve as a deterrent to others.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:48am On Sep 16, 2022
deavicky:
if u drive against traffic in London ur car will not be seized and u also imprisoned. For the first time I understand the power of tribalism.

The point he is making is that a law is a law.

British laws are followed, no matter how harsh.

Why do we find it difficult to follow our own laws?

Laws are there for a reason, not decoration.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Lanretoye(m): 8:48am On Sep 16, 2022
Agboola321:

I agree he must've assaulted the officials which is very bad on its own but I also think we mustn't being tribe into everything.

Individuals should be held accountable for their misbehaviour and not their region or tribe.
don't go front and back,this is not about tribe but it a trait of some part of this country.see how the other one knocked off a policeman from a bridge into the river the other time,even after disobeyingtraffic law.their excesses are becoming unbecoming,have one as a tenant and he will start their usual bigger than the landlord's attitude.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Agboola321(m): 8:48am On Sep 16, 2022
yorubarere:

How can one serve 3yrs jail time between 2021 and 2023? How possible?

That guy is appealing to pity and making the govt look bad for his own wrongdoings

I agree with you. Its the reason I said "if he had to". The whole thing wasnt looking honest

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos / China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus / Madonna Students Returning For Election Burn To Death In Road Accident (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.