Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) (27943 Views)

Peter Obi Live Interview On CNN (Video link and Picture) / Reno Omokri Reacts To Fashola's 'Electricity Problems Can’t Be Solved By Magic' / Electricity Problems Can’t Be Solved By Magic – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Lanretoye(m): 6:28am On Sep 17, 2022
If it is tinubu,they will say he didn't mention how he intend to solve the problems.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by AlanSugar(m): 6:28am On Sep 17, 2022
Here we go again! For more than 61 yrs now, you're still waiting for God to come and solve your problems? He has given you a functioning brain, workable hands and feet, yet He must still come and solve your problems?! Typical lazy Nigerian yooot.

Salisoluwaseyi:
May God solve our problem

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by treatise: 6:28am On Sep 17, 2022
Corridon:
We the patriotic Nigerians challenge Tinubu to grant a live interview even with his own TVC.
Buhari never tried that and TINUBU will never
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by yahmohy27: 6:28am On Sep 17, 2022
Antyislam:
Although Atiku is by far better than Tinubu , But we are all voting for Peter Obi he is the Best
No problem, all ipob can vote their brother as usual but mine is btw Tinubu and Atiku

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Corridon: 6:29am On Sep 17, 2022
DECLAN2015:

A lot of delusional people
Jonathan is even better than obi
He just a downgraded version of Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Devil1Messenger: 6:29am On Sep 17, 2022
Dialpad:
Obi does not have a solution to Nigeria's problems, although he knows the problem inside out and can do a thorough analysis....

He might be a genuine leader with the interest of Nigerians at heart but I doubt his ability to win this election.
He has the solution.
APC gave us solutions upon solutions in 2015 without understanding the problems
They promised to charge Nigeria overnight- 1naira=1dollar, 24/7 electricity in the first 6months in power, PMS to #45, pay unemployed graduate 5k every month, pay aged people, subsidy is a scam so it must be stopped immediately dey took over, 300k jobs every year, 1 refinery every years, feeding of school children, and many more. None of these promises were fulfilled
We are tired of hearing solutions. We need someone that understands our problems first and then we solve it bit by bit.
Nigeria must be great during our time.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 6:29am On Sep 17, 2022
Peter Pandora Obituary's supporters think Peter Obi has magic wand to turn things around
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Magnoliaa(f): 6:30am On Sep 17, 2022
yahmohy27:
Hahaha haha I tell you but I know ipob guys will help him twist it lubbish

What is the excuse there, please? Do you believe Nigeria's problems can be solved overnight or that they are unsolvable?

In your own opinion, do share, if you don't mind. What do you think of Nigeria's issues and if a CNN representative or something were to throw that question at you, how would you have responded?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Corridon: 6:30am On Sep 17, 2022
treatise:

Buhari never tried that and TINUBU will never
This is a big red flag. We shouldn't make such mistake the second time so soon. Let us all rally behind Peter Obi for a better Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Tinubuwins2023e: 6:30am On Sep 17, 2022
Greenfaces:
Sure. This is objectivity. Not telling me you will make dollar equal to naira and create millions of employment and pay graduates stipends.

Someone who can tell me straight that the ride will not be an easy one is more trustable than the ones who will employ 50 million youths into the army and give them what to eat and create demand and consumption.

So the next step is what should we do? All hands on the deck. Roll up our sleeves and get to work.

You people are just plain foolish. Would you have made this objective statement if it were Tinubu or Atiku that said same? Wouldn't you and your likes rain insults on them? Rubbish; spit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Corridon: 6:32am On Sep 17, 2022
Magnoliaa:

What is the excuse there, please? Do you believe Nigeria's problems can be solved overnight or that they are unsolvable?

In your own opinion, do share, if you don't mind. What do you think of Nigeria's issues and if a CNN representative or something were to throw that question at you, how would you have responded?
My dear they are irredeemable to the extent that their Baba even said they are senseless.

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by nnamdi640: 6:32am On Sep 17, 2022
tolue42:

Our Tinubu is ready to fix NIGERIA..Obi dont stand a chance though !
He is ready to fix Nigeria while the government he brought in have run out of ldeals on how to manage a country, what stop him to start fixing now. Some people are so foolish to the point of defending rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Greenfaces: 6:32am On Sep 17, 2022
Magnoliaa:

I mean. These are very logical things to follow. He truly understands the problem and definitely knows how to go about driving about the country in the path of growth again.

Security, pulling people out of poverty, cutting the cost of governance...I get that he may not want to go into specific details on how to combat some issues, and like he's always saying, his records in Anambra speaks for him.

He's mentioned how he once dealt with a inter-state killer coming to cause mayhem in Anambra and also how people out of poverty *does not* work - all of this from his Pandora Papers interview on Arise News.

His public career as well demonstrably shows cutting on the cost of governance he's always hammering on, so... grin grin

At this point, anyone comparing this man to Buhari is just ........, lmao.
do nigerians know the effect of electing a man like obi over the other candidates? Many Nigerians in the diaspora will come back home and replicate businesses they saw abroad. Local businesses will find more customers who can afford their services. Lagos state will not be the only industrialised city in nigeria. Negotiations and the spark of a new era of Africa's industrial revolution.

What's more? A blueprint will have been created for any one trying to succeed him.

So when people like reno omokri are talking him down, they are viewing it from a very small compass. They are focusing on the man and his name obi. What they dont get is this... peter obi is not choice by virtue of his name decent or affiliations. He is a choice by virtue of his ideologies and personality. Next time it could be an Eket or Uduak or Tanko or Mustapha. Even if renos child comes out with plain ideas to lead Nigeria out of this present comatose, Nigerians will support him just like this. Provided it is a sign of forward movement.
Please what direction would we be moving if we start recycling leaders who already have bullion vans and enterprises from their past contacts with public funds?

The big view is; Nigerians now want intelligent rulers with a view to change our narrative. Stop pushing us back to the old era. Stop making it look like we never have the powers to make our choice.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Medphy: 6:33am On Sep 17, 2022
That's our incoming President by His grace. Not playing politics by promising Nigerians heaven in Earth.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by sonofthunder: 6:34am On Sep 17, 2022
bigdammyj:
Noted.

When he quizzed on what his plan is to get Nigeria out of his current economic woes, Obi said that security is the first thing that needs to be put in place in the country.

He explained that with security in place in the country, farmers will be able to go back to the farm.

Lies...... He didn't say it's the first thing he will out in place, he said "you have to......" Instead of "i have to....... Or u will be........" Very funny and deceitful man.

Let's wait for him to win and wave his magical wand like he did in Anambra
To plant cassava & agbado for Tinubu's Soldiers l guess

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by broadman20: 6:34am On Sep 17, 2022
hemucology:
Truly Obi don't hv anything to offer grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Tell your candidate to grant just a 10 minutes live interview, just 10 minutes with CNN let's see.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Greenfaces: 6:36am On Sep 17, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:

You people are just plain foolish. Would you have made this objective statement if it were Tinubu or Atiku that said same? Wouldn't you and your likes rain insults on them? Rubbish; spit
Thank you for your input. But i honourably decline your invitation to swim in the mud. You can do that alone please. I don't throw stones on social media.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by HocusPocus: 6:36am On Sep 17, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:

You think tinubu or atiku would have the brains to know the problems of Nigeria lol
They're only after their pockets
Well I know you'll still support them cos you're more or less like the urchins undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Udoboss(m): 6:37am On Sep 17, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:

Haba!!!!

But it is the truth.....For once let's stop this myopic view ...If it was Atiku or Tinubu,I' d would be happy.

No nation in the world was built in a day..It started from somwhere

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by sonofthunder: 6:37am On Sep 17, 2022
Corridon:
We the patriotic Nigerians challenge Tinubu to grant a live interview even with his own TVC.

There's nothing Tinubu will say that will make you change your mind. You and I know that.

Can you list 5 practical solutions PO gave in his interview? Like exact process of approaching an issue. Not the typical method of throwing needless and false statistics, repeating the problems or saying "you have to solve security, you have to provide jobs".

How will he practically solve 5 of the problems confronting Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by sonofthunder: 6:39am On Sep 17, 2022
tolue42:
Excuses already...pando liar.

I watched a 6/8mins except of the interview. About 6 questions asked, not one practical solution provided.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by tolue42(m): 6:39am On Sep 17, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Please comment with sense and not emotions
Someone is telling u the truth but u prefer Agbado unrealistic 50million youth in the army or the useless buhari change of 2015 to promised to change Nigeria overnight

Emotions you say? We know the region always acting emotionally and playing victims..I guess Anambra is eldorado now Clowns!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by sonofthunder: 6:39am On Sep 17, 2022
Timekeeper452:
A true presidential candidate. I really hope he wins, this was well put.

Can you list 5 practical solutions PO gave in his interview? Like exact process of approaching an issue. Not the typical method of throwing needless and false statistics, repeating the problems or saying "you have to solve security, you have to provide jobs".

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by sonofthunder: 6:40am On Sep 17, 2022
Juanmike:
Can it be solved overnight?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by webfanatic: 6:40am On Sep 17, 2022
No lies here or do you expect him to come and tell you he will turn $1 to #1 in 5 months of his government just like the crooks in Aso Villa?
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Christian36: 6:40am On Sep 17, 2022
InfinityFabric:
Already giving excuses eh ?
You want Tinubu that says print more naira and recruit more soldiers and feed them with cassava, agbado and ewa. I just pity some of you defending a criminal parading himself as politician aka Mr billion vans. Beside, what stop his children from joining army, why was one of his son the caretaker of lekki tollgate collection and the other the Iyaoloja.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by BluntCrazeMan: 6:41am On Sep 17, 2022
InfinityFabric:
Already giving excuses eh ?
Those that came with the MANTRA OF CHANGE....
We saw how they didn't give excuses before they entered.
But after they entered, EXCUSES FILLED EVERYWHERE

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Corridon: 6:41am On Sep 17, 2022
sonofthunder:

There's nothing Tinubu will say that will make you change your mind. You and I know that.

I bet you don't have enough data to watch the video. He said everything as it is. When will Tinubu grant a live interview even with NTA?
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Owopariola001: 6:41am On Sep 17, 2022
Dialpad:
Obi does not have a solution to Nigeria's problems, although he knows the problem inside out and can do a thorough analysis....

He might be a genuine leader with the interest of Nigerians at heart but I doubt his ability to win this election.

Be like saying people no watch that video sef.

My Observation.

The man knew this was CNN, so he was cautious in bringing his usual fake statistics.

Also, he sounds jittery. One could easily see how he was just throwing words around without making sense.

For example, when he was asked about his plans to solve Nigeria's issues and make the country a producing country instead of a consuming one, he keeps saying, "we'll ensure farmers go to farms... enhance security architecture by employing more personal... have leaders with character, commitment, compassion..."

When he was asked how to penetrate the Northern part of Nigeria, he stuttered again, saying things like "North has bad roads, the price of bread in North is not different from South... The leaders we need should not be based on ethnicity, religion, or my turn..."

In short, jungle don dey mature, and people are beginning to see Obi as a "newspapers-stand analyst."

Even the anchor was at some point wondering what exactly Obi was saying, and she has to adjust her look, after appearing like she was lost in thought.

Vote Antecedents
Vote Competence
Vote Wisely
Vote Tinubu 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Gkay1(m): 6:41am On Sep 17, 2022
A race of one million miles begin in a second
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by 10mobile: 6:43am On Sep 17, 2022
Salisoluwaseyi:
May God solve our problem
God is already doing that. He must use people. Everything shows that Mr. Peter Obi is God's choice for 2023. But we can help or hinder God's plan for our lives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode Warns Lai Mohammed: 'Stop Insulting PDP Or I Will Spank You' / Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" / Tollgates To Return As FG Grants Individuals Licence To Build, Maintain Highways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.