Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) (27907 Views)

Peter Obi Live Interview On CNN (Video link and Picture) / Reno Omokri Reacts To Fashola's 'Electricity Problems Can’t Be Solved By Magic' / Electricity Problems Can’t Be Solved By Magic – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Devil1Messenger: 6:44am On Sep 17, 2022
Ndimkpurummiri:
Peter Pandora Obituary's supporters think Peter Obi has magic wand to turn things around
No sir
We are not you people that said u want to change Nigeria overnight without understanding the problems. It's 7years and not a single refinery was built, you guys promised 1 refinery every year, it's 7years now and dollar is going to #1000 instead of #1 that was promised, it's 7years now and PMS is going to #400 instead of #45 promised, it's 7years and subsidy that u guys said was a scam is still being paid today, it's 7years now and there is no 24/7 electricity, it's 7years now, unemployed graduates are yet to receive a single 5k per month as promised by APC, it's 7years now and ASUU has gone on over 2years strike cumulatively and u guys promised us that we will not witness a single ASUU strike, it's 7years now and..........many lies and lies. We are tired.
We need someone that understands the problems we are facing and that person is Obi.
It's beyond tribe or religion, it's about the Nigeria state, it's about our future
Nigeria must be great during our time

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Ceejay94: 6:44am On Sep 17, 2022
treatise:

Buhari never tried that and TINUBU will never
So Buhari never tried that and Tinubu should follow suit? Why are some people so daft in making this country more difficult? Suffer no dey tire you?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Skty: 6:45am On Sep 17, 2022
Very true. Nigeria has been raped
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by broadman20: 6:45am On Sep 17, 2022
yahmohy27:

No problem, all ipob can vote their brother as usual but mine is btw Tinubu and Atiku

What can you do without hate?

You people lives dwell on hate but you always accuse others of hate, what an irony?

I saw in another thread where your kind were accusing Peter Obi of killing IPOB members and dumping them in the River and now you have come with your own accusing him is an IPOB member.

Only God can redeem you people from this propaganda of hate.

You will prefer to vote Atiku a Fulani people!

Okay o! How I wish Igbos were the people kidnaping your people and setting your farms on fire in the south west, I wonder if you would have been supporting them like this.

May God have mercy on you people.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:46am On Sep 17, 2022
Antyislam:
Although Atiku is by far better than Tinubu , But we are all voting for Peter Obi he is the Best
we know say both PDP and LP na same same... Next year e go clear una say LP na small Party... As for Zain wey de refer to Obi as popular she is being fooled by noisy pple like u...
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Magnoliaa(f): 6:46am On Sep 17, 2022
Greenfaces:
do nigerians know the effect of electing a man like obi over the other candidates? Many Nigerians in the diaspora will come back home and replicate businesses they saw abroad. Local businesses will find more customers who can afford their services. Lagos state will not be the only industrialised city in nigeria. Negotiations and the spark of a new era of Africa's industrial revolution.

What's more? A blueprint will have been created for any one trying to succeed him.

So when people like reno omokri are talking him down, they are viewing it from a very small compass. They are focusing on the man and his name obi. What they dont get is this... peter obi is not choice by virtue of his name decent or affiliations. He is a choice by virtue of his ideologies and personality. Next time it could be an Eket or Uduak or Tanko or Mustapha. The big view is; Nigerians now want intelligent rulers with a view to change our narrative. Stop pushing us back to the old era. Stop making it look like we never have the powers to make our choice.

Everything you said here. I mean, he's already a popular candidate amongst the diasporans and the focus he gives the North too in his interview- this is truly a man after the country's progress and so far from being a nepotistic leader. He has good intentions for everyone.

And it'll all start having a ripple effect. If the country is safe and the economy is put of the path towards stability, brain drain, food scarcity, a dearth of a thriving local market and other issues of the likes will start getting solved.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by jaxxy(m): 6:46am On Sep 17, 2022
Nice interview with major key points.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by ghosttownboss(m): 6:47am On Sep 17, 2022
Owopariola001:
Be like saying people no watch that video sef.

My Observation.

The man knew this was CNN, so he was cautious in bringing his usual fake statistics.

Also, he sounds jittery. One could easily see how he was just throwing words around without making sense.

For example, when he was asked about his plans to solve Nigeria's issues and make the country a producing country instead of a consuming one, he keeps saying, "we'll ensure farmers go to farms... enhance security architecture by employing more personal... have leaders with character, commitment, compassion..."

When he was asked how to penetrate the Northern part of Nigeria, he stuttered again, saying things like "North has bad roads, the price of bread in North is not different from South... The leaders we need should not be based on ethnicity, religion, or my turn..."

In short, jungle don dey mature, and people are beginning to see Obi as a "newspapers-stand analyst."

Even the anchor was at some point wondering what exactly Obi was saying, and she has to adjust her look, after appearing like she was lost in thought.

Vote Antecedents
Vote Competence
Vote Wisely
Vote Tinubu 2023.
God forbid!
May affliction not arise the second time in our dear country!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by boxypane(m): 6:47am On Sep 17, 2022
It took the likes of UAE, Qatar etc over 30 years of gradual developmental process to get to where they are currently.
All because of the simple and visionary will of their respective leaders.
Even if Obi lays a legacy( which I don't trust) another needs to pursue further.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Magnoliaa(f): 6:49am On Sep 17, 2022
Ceejay94:
So Buhari never tried that and Tinubu should follow suit? Why are some people so daft in making this country more difficult? Suffer no dey tire you?

Sighs. There are human beans in this life.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Midas01: 6:50am On Sep 17, 2022
God! How do people reason ?

The man spoke the truth or you want him to lie that he can solve it overnight ?
Protedu:
So we should expect less

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by PeterObi4LP: 6:51am On Sep 17, 2022
There is no where a Christian buys things cheap than a Muslim

There is no where a Muslim buys things cheap than a Christian

There is no where Northerners buys things cheap than Southerners

There is no where a region buys things cheap than another region.

Inflation and hunger no be your mate.

Vote wisely
Vote Peter Obi.

Throw away sentiment and tribalism to vote competent for the betterment of your children and generation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by vanunu: 6:52am On Sep 17, 2022
Corridon:
We the patriotic Nigerians challenge Tinubu to grant a live interview even with his own TVC.

You are looking for trouble.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Magnoliaa(f): 6:54am On Sep 17, 2022
Medphy:
That's our incoming President by His grace. Not playing politics by promising Nigerians heaven in Earth.

He promises heaven on Earth, wahala.
He says Nigeria cannot be changed overnight, wahala. grin grin

What should he have said?

People get problem, sha. Strong inter-generational and spiritual one bred from tribal strongholds.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by adekolaelect(m): 6:55am On Sep 17, 2022
Jestin:
This is how a true leader speaks. Not cassava and agbado gibberish.
Mumu but Farmers will go back to farm to farm what or to produce Biafra Terrorists You can't see and reasion any more when your are overwhelmed with bigot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Leah32: 6:55am On Sep 17, 2022
envoymedia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DMbxEqabmA

Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/video-nigerias-problems-cant-be-solved-overnight-says-peter-obi-on-cnn/amp/

Honestly , this guy didn’t worth to become a minister of the state

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by ebuclassic18(m): 6:56am On Sep 17, 2022
InfinityFabric:
Already giving excuses eh ?
You don't even know what happening in the country shame on you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Skty: 6:57am On Sep 17, 2022
InfinityFabric:

In 2015, I was in London. There was this guy Ed Miliband(Google is your friend) campaigning then for position of Prime Minister. He made all juicy promises like Buhari and Agbado did to u gullible Nigerians.I kept hyping the guy and telling my friends they will enjoy if the guy was voted in. Guess what, no one took him serious. I remember a friend of mine saying he can't achieve all those promises maybe none. And he lost the election. So this takes my mind to the 'vote for change' mantra. Buhari and Tinubu came telling u guys u will swim in fuel and you guys fell for them like cheap ' proxtitutes '...

I hope am not responding to a Gen Z?
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Cti28(m): 6:57am On Sep 17, 2022
InfinityFabric:
Which excuse again?
So you want him to tell you he will transform Nigeria in a twinkling of an eye. No wonder Buhari deceived you guys. 1 dollar = 1 naira comes to mind

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Djyucee1(m): 6:58am On Sep 17, 2022
He said the truth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Fiscus105(m): 6:58am On Sep 17, 2022
Dialpad:
Obi does not have a solution to Nigeria's problems, although he knows the problem inside out and can do a thorough analysis....

He might be a genuine leader with the interest of Nigerians at heart but I doubt his ability to win this election.

Not only he can not win, he is not strong enough to crack Nigeria *hydraheaded problems.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by ebuclassic18(m): 6:58am On Sep 17, 2022
[quote author=tolue42 post=116739727]Excuses already...pando liar.[/quote
You just exposed how ignorant you are you think the situation of the country is that easy to handle Shame on you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Greenfaces: 6:58am On Sep 17, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Everything you said here. I mean, he's already a popular candidate amongst the diasporans and the focus he gives the North too in his interview- this is truly a man after the country's progress and so far from being a nepotistic leader. He has good intentions for everyone.

And it'll all start having a ripple effect. If the country is safe and the economy is put of the path towards stability, brain drain, food scarcity, a dearth of a thriving local market and other issues of the likes will start getting solved.
if people could see the madness caused by insecurity alone even among families. This week alone, my elder sister and whole family moved to uk. Who knows when i will ever see her again. Childhood friend moved to canada. Even me and my parents in the same country dont see each other i 12months most times because i cant travel from kano to benin on road. The cost of flight has jacked up. My wife is about to give birth, if my parents will enjoy their grandchild, i will need to save alot of money for flight. Me and my wife lone is 300k going then returning another 300k. So everytime i need to see my parents with my wife, I'll budget 600k. On top of which salary and business? If that child reaches age to fly independently, you see the cost of keeping family relationships alone? More people are depressed. More people are home sick. Years ago i used to travel on night bus. Now i can't.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Skty: 6:58am On Sep 17, 2022
Leah32:

Honestly , this guy didn’t worth to become a minister of the state

See your grammar...you are not worth to be on Nairaland. Go back to KG or garri school

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Investortg: 6:59am On Sep 17, 2022
Dialpad:
Obi does not have a solution to Nigeria's problems, although he knows the problem inside out and can do a thorough analysis....

He might be a genuine leader with the interest of Nigerians at heart but I doubt his ability to win this election.
What other ability does he needs since he's the best man for the job? You and I and every other sane nigerians who are tired of our evil currupt leaders should vote in P O.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by casppyjay: 6:59am On Sep 17, 2022
InfinityFabric:
u want APC campaign dat it can be done in 6months ? It’s 8yrs already ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Devil1Messenger: 7:00am On Sep 17, 2022
tolue42:

Emotions you say? We know the region always acting emotionally and playing victims..I guess Anambra is eldorado now Clowns!
Lolzz.
Him say clown
Lolzz
I will Not engage you with insult but rather educate you.
Dont compare Anambra to Lagos
Anambra is far better than most states in Nigeria including South west states
Nobody is telling u Obi is coming to turn Nigeria to paradise overnight
We are not you guys that fell to APC heaven on earth promise of 2015 and still falling for it 7years after. I know u want to support your tribe man but take a clue from katsina and north west today, NW is the most insecure region despite buhari coming from there.
We need someone that understands our problems and little by little we will overcome it.
Nigeria must be great during our time.
We can't fail our kids like our father's failed us.
Let us do the right thing by voting the right candidate for once
Winter is coming
Obi is coming
Join us to Take back our country from selfish and corrupt politicians

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by dyera(m): 7:00am On Sep 17, 2022
Corridon:
We the patriotic Nigerians challenge Tinubu to grant a live interview even with his own TVC.

Tinubu will grant interview on his own TVC. He and his people have been working on the interview for the past few weeks. They are currently in the final stage of editing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Skty: 7:01am On Sep 17, 2022
Greenfaces:
if people could see the madness caused by insecurity alone even among families. This week alone, my elder sister and whole family moved to uk. Who knows when i will ever see her again. Childhood friend moved to canada. Even me and my parents in the same country dont see each other i 12months most times because i cant travel from kano to benin on road. The cost of flight has jacked up. My wife is about to give birth, if my parents will enjoy their grandchild, i will need to save alot of money for flight. Me and my wife lone is 300k going then returning another 300k. So everytime i need to see my parents with my wife, I'll budget 600k. On top of which salary and business? If that child reaches age to fly independently, you see the cost of keeping family relationships alone? More people are depressed. More people are home sick. Years ago i used to travel on night bus. Now i can't.

Tears ... I cry for Nigeria...we can no longer travel by night bus. See how APC destroyed Nigeria
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by tyinfinity: 7:01am On Sep 17, 2022
Beer and alcohol is making obi pandora to be confused I believe he has just taken some litters of alcohol before granting that interview
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Corridon: 7:02am On Sep 17, 2022
dyera:

Tinubu will grant interview on his own TVC. He and his people have been working on the interview for the past few weeks. They are currently in the final stage of editing.
So granting interview is that hard that it can take months before one is ready? Hnnnm. A red flag.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boko Haram Launches Radio Station, Goes On Air / Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode / IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.