Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,191 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) (27947 Views)

Peter Obi Live Interview On CNN (Video link and Picture) / Reno Omokri Reacts To Fashola's 'Electricity Problems Can’t Be Solved By Magic' / Electricity Problems Can’t Be Solved By Magic – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Starcy(m): 7:02am On Sep 17, 2022
hemucology:
Truly Obi don't hv anything to offer grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Be thinking out of the box before you comment. Is it true u prefer or lie?
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Fiscus105(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2022
PeterObi4LP:
There is no where a Christian buys things cheap than a Muslim

There is no where a Muslim buys things cheap than a Christian

There is no where Northerners buys things cheap than Southerners

There is no where a region buys things cheap than another region.

Inflation and hunger no be your mate.

Vote wisely
Vote Peter Obi.

Throw away sentiment and tribalism to vote competent for the betterment of your children and generation.

But if Obi wins and tribilises his govt the way Buhari is doing now, the inflation and insecurity nwill persist, cos, tribalism won't let him see good quality in other region, Obi is coming to power with same mind and mentality Buhari had before 2015, and what's the mentality? My people have been marginalized and shortchanged.

Out of 3 leading candidates, bigotry manifests most among obidients"

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:04am On Sep 17, 2022
sonofthunder:

There's nothing Tinubu will say that will make you change your mind. You and I know that.

Can you list 5 practical solutions PO gave in his interview? Like exact process of approaching an issue. Not the typical method of throwing needless and false statistics, repeating the problems or saying "you have to solve security, you have to provide jobs".

How will he practically solve 5 of the problems confronting Nigeria.

Go brush your smelling mouth first.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by franchasofficia: 7:04am On Sep 17, 2022
Owopariola001:
Be like saying people no watch that video sef.

My Observation.

The man knew this was CNN, so he was cautious in bringing his usual fake statistics.

Also, he sounds jittery. One could easily see how he was just throwing words around without making sense.

For example, when he was asked about his plans to solve Nigeria's issues and make the country a producing country instead of a consuming one, he keeps saying, "we'll ensure farmers go to farms... enhance security architecture by employing more personal... have leaders with character, commitment, compassion..."

When he was asked how to penetrate the Northern part of Nigeria, he stuttered again, saying things like "North has bad roads, the price of bread in North is not different from South... The leaders we need should not be based on ethnicity, religion, or my turn..."

In short, jungle don dey mature, and people are beginning to see Obi as a "newspapers-stand analyst."

Even the anchor was at some point wondering what exactly Obi was saying, and she has to adjust her look, after appearing like she was lost in thought.

Vote Antecedents
Vote Competence
Vote Wisely
Vote Tinubu 2023.
Your comment clearly shows a senseless urchin trying to sound smart by half lol

How else do you wish to move Nigeria from consuming economy to producing economy if not by first putting security in place? Because of insecurity, I canceled my new school construction project in Imo state. Because of the same insecurity, I canceled my proposed fish farm project in Imo state too.

So putting security in place is number one step, and ensuring Nigerian farmers that Fulani herdsmen terrorists have chased out of their farms go back to their farms without fear of being killed is another great step towards turning Nigeria to a producing nation. These are the first realistic steps to take.

Or you expected him to say he will invite Microsoft to Nigeria, invite NASA to open factory in Nigeria, invite Tesla to open factories in Nigeria, etc as if you can force an investor to come and invest without putting enabling environment in place?

If you expected him to repeat that he would focus on solving Nigeria's electricity challenge, he already said that countless times at various media houses, repeating it will look like he just crammed words like robot.

On the issue of penetrating the North in his campaign, what else did you expect him to say? To tell you how he would buy bags of rice, onions, print caps and share money to Northerners to make them accept to vote him? Or you were expecting him to tell you that he would go to Mosques to plead with Northerners to accept him or bribe Imams and so called political structures?

You don't expect him to reveal or expose his campaign secrets and strategies on a global TV being closely watched by his opponents.

Abeg you BATstards should try and borrow small sense na, na wa oh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 17, 2022
Nigeria has rare opportunity to take back our country from devil incarnate corrupt politicians that has held her down for so many years.
we need our bountry on the path of progress and prosperity once more.
peter obi is the only hope nw for the common man. the reason why the powers that be are fighting very hard to make sure he doest win it. we got to redouble our efforts. we got to shun tribalism,who e help?? a P.O victory is a victory for me and u. if we mis this rare chance, who knows when it wil come by again?. God bless you all . Long live the fedral republic of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Minjim: 7:05am On Sep 17, 2022
InfinityFabric:
Already giving excuses eh ?

It's the truth. No single person can solve the problem alone. We need all hands on deck.
Everyone must decide to change for better
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by franchasofficia: 7:06am On Sep 17, 2022
Fiscus105:

But if Obi wins and regionised his govt even more than what Buhari doing now, the inflation will persist, cos tribalism won't let him see good quality in other region.

Out of 3 leading candidates, bigotry manifest most among obidients"
When last did you see Nigerian classy ladies gather with interest like this to listen to a politician, be honest?

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Starcy(m): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2022
Juanmike:
Can it be solved overnight?
Good question from u to that person that never think before putting something down

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by UKusedBoyfriend(m): 7:07am On Sep 17, 2022
Dialpad:
Obi does not have a solution to Nigeria's problems, although he knows the problem inside out and can do a thorough analysis....

He might be a genuine leader with the interest of Nigerians at heart but I doubt his ability to win this election.
you succeeded in saying nothing.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Greenfaces: 7:09am On Sep 17, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

No sir
We are not you people that said u want to change Nigeria overnight without understanding the problems. It's 7years and not a single refinery was built, you guys promised 1 refinery every year, it's 7years now and dollar is going to #1000 instead of #1 that was promised, it's 7years now and PMS is going to #400 instead of #45 promised, it's 7years and subsidy that u guys said was a scam is still being paid today, it's 7years now and there is no 24/7 electricity, it's 7years now, unemployed graduates are yet to receive a single 5k per month as promised by APC, it's 7years now and ASUU has gone on over 2years strike cumulatively and u guys promised us that we will not witness a single ASUU strike, it's 7years now and..........many lies and lies. We are tired.
We need someone that understands the problems we are facing and that person is Obi.
It's beyond tribe or religion, it's about the Nigeria state, it's about our future
Nigeria must be great during our time
Sonetimes, I want to wonder how this is not clear to some people, but then i remember i taught during my nysc. Some people are teachable, others are not. There's really nothing you can do about this. What is bad is when the dull ones that can never learn, have powers to control the brilliant ones. So its okay to ignore stupid comments so long as we are certain they won't count in the long run. Hating or liking obi doesnt change the dynamics. I am in jigawa state and i saw northerners reaction to ordinary poster/sign board of a particular political candidate. They gathered and gave such commentary as "kowa da kowa ba khio" meaning all of them are not good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Reyhzor(m): 7:09am On Sep 17, 2022
DECLAN2015:

A lot of delusional people
Jonathan is even better than obi
He just a downgraded version of Jonathan
You chose Buhari ahead of Jona cheesy cheesy, I dey see sense now

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by andycom(m): 7:11am On Sep 17, 2022
InfinityFabric:

Aren't you sensible enough to know that he's saying the truth.
Is it possible to solve Nigeria's problems in 1 year? Tell yourself the truth.

Abi you want another buhari that will make 1naira = 1 dollar?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Reyhzor(m): 7:11am On Sep 17, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

He has the solution.
APC gave us solutions upon solutions in 2015 without understanding the problems
They promised to charge Nigeria overnight- 1naira=1dollar, 24/7 electricity in the first 6months in power, PMS to #45, pay unemployed graduate 5k every month, pay aged people, subsidy is a scam so it must be stopped immediately dey took over, 300k jobs every year, 1 refinery every years, feeding of school children, and many more. None of these promises were fulfilled
We are tired of hearing solutions. We need someone that understands our problems first and then we solve it bit by bit.
Nigeria must be great during our time.

But Nigerians dey try sha, someone wants to peg #1 to 1dollar and they all believed cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Fiscus105(m): 7:12am On Sep 17, 2022
franchasofficia:
When last did you see Nigerian classy ladies gather with interest like this to listen to a politician, be honest?

I can see Igbo, Igbo, Igbo and Igbo classic ladies. Again it buttressed my earlier submission of my region and my people alone.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by andycom(m): 7:12am On Sep 17, 2022
tolue42:
Excuses already...pando liar.

Daft is another word for your useless self

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Skty: 7:13am On Sep 17, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

No sir
We are not you people that said u want to change Nigeria overnight without understanding the problems. It's 7years and not a single refinery was built, you guys promised 1 refinery every year, it's 7years now and dollar is going to #1000 instead of #1 that was promised, it's 7years now and PMS is going to #400 instead of #45 promised, it's 7years and subsidy that u guys said was a scam is still being paid today, it's 7years now and there is no 24/7 electricity, it's 7years now, unemployed graduates are yet to receive a single 5k per month as promised by APC, it's 7years now and ASUU has gone on over 2years strike cumulatively and u guys promised us that we will not witness a single ASUU strike, it's 7years now and..........many lies and lies. We are tired.
We need someone that understands the problems we are facing and that person is Obi.
It's beyond tribe or religion, it's about the Nigeria state, it's about our future
Nigeria must be great during our time

There are many more..it's 7 years and they just entered into contract with Tompolo at #4billion monthly after condemnin Jonathan for involving these ex militants in protection of pipelines...it's 7 years and there's still medical terrorism. Within these 7years, they increased taxes VAT and many others .. recently they introduce GSM tax and they are still looking at other areas to tax Nigerians. It's 7 years and we didn't swim in fuel. I can go on and on...APC na scam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Zorn: 7:13am On Sep 17, 2022
InfinityFabric:
You don't have sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by CheapHomes1: 7:13am On Sep 17, 2022
Teecosmetics:
Under the leadership of our new president, things will normalize

How is he a new president? Which election has he won?
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by andycom(m): 7:14am On Sep 17, 2022
omolajaone:
Obi lair

Another dafty found.
Tinubu will surely recruit you for agbado
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Skty: 7:14am On Sep 17, 2022
Reyhzor:

But Nigerians dey try sha, someone wants to peg #1 to 1dollar and they all believed cheesy cheesy

Our mumu can never do. Infact I nor join them. I will change to their mumu never do

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by omostar: 7:14am On Sep 17, 2022
bigdammyj:
Noted.

When he quizzed on what his plan is to get Nigeria out of his current economic woes, Obi said that security is the first thing that needs to be put in place in the country.

He explained that with security in place in the country, farmers will be able to go back to the farm.

To plant cassava & agbado for Tinubu's Soldiers l guess

Was about saying the same! Isn't this exactly what they are castigating Tinubu for?

It seems this guy has no specific idea of how to solve all the problems he kept reciting. Just like Buhari, if elected, people will be soo disappointed.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by ponyonm: 7:15am On Sep 17, 2022
InfinityFabric:

Are you that slow? Is that what your brain could pick out from the video?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Truthdeypain: 7:15am On Sep 17, 2022
david22uu:

No nation problem can be solved over night...

China took more than 30 years and they got it right

Let a Good leader set the oath and others follow. ..

I am not into politics but we wanted change and we got worse

If you go market , and you are convinced to try some thing new and it fails you, you go looking for another product or return to thee old..

Even the people supporting the present government are doi g for thier pocket and not the future of thier kids

Agreed
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by franchasofficia: 7:16am On Sep 17, 2022
Fiscus105:

I can see Igbo, Igbo, Igbo and Igbo classic ladies. Again it buttressed my earlier submission of my region and my people alone.
So all the pretty ladies in that picture are Igbos in US?

That happened in US, and my very close friend was there and she said even daughters of some politicians in Nigeria were there to listen to Obi.

Most educated Nigerians home and abroad are routing for Peter Obi, its unfortunate that the uneducated ones seems to be much in number than the educated ones but its our duty to enlighten the educated ones on the dangers of their choices like they made in 2015
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by GEEBITE: 7:17am On Sep 17, 2022
That demand and consumption stuff is ine if the biggest gaffe coming out of his mouth at that level his supporters have placed him. It showed how weak his grasp of economics fundamentals. During covid he said Nigeria should embrace quantitative easing to tackle the crisis. He is damn overrated.
Greenfaces:
Sure. This is objectivity. Not telling me you will make dollar equal to naira and create millions of employment and pay graduates stipends.

Someone who can tell me straight that the ride will not be an easy one is more trustable than the ones who will employ 50 million youths into the army and give them what to eat and create demand and consumption.

So the next step is what should we do? All hands on the deck. Roll up our sleeves and get to work.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Juanmike(m): 7:18am On Sep 17, 2022
sonofthunder:

Can you list 5 practical solutions PO gave in his interview? Like exact process of approaching an issue. Not the typical method of throwing needless and false statistics, repeating the problems or saying "you have to solve security, you have to provide jobs".

How will he practically solve 5 of the problems confronting Nigeria.
I asked you a question , can it be solved overnight?
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Magnoliaa(f): 7:19am On Sep 17, 2022
Greenfaces:
if people could see the madness caused by insecurity alone even among families. This week alone, my elder sister and whole family moved to uk. Who knows when i will ever see her again. Childhood friend moved to canada. Even me and my parents in the same country dont see each other i 12months most times because i cant travel from kano to benin on road. The cost of flight has jacked up. My wife is about to give birth, if my parents will enjoy their grandchild, i will need to save alot of money for flight. Me and my wife lone is 300k going then returning another 300k. So everytime i need to see my parents with my wife, I'll budget 600k. On top of which salary and business? If that child reaches age to fly independently, you see the cost of keeping family relationships alone? More people are depressed. More people are home sick. Years ago i used to travel on night bus. Now i can't.

Wow, mehn. embarassed

You can imagine. And this is another aspect of the problems of this country that's not beung talked enough. Everybody has a lot to say on money, money, jobs, prizes, physical death, migration, because these can be seen and objectively measured.

But the pain, the depression, families being driven about, young new-born babies being deprived of growing up in a community where every member of the family is scattered across different location.

600k just for one to go and visit their parents. Hian.

I hope we get it right o; I really hope.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Juanmike(m): 7:19am On Sep 17, 2022
david22uu:

No nation problem can be solved over night...

China took more than 30 years and they got it right

Let a Good leader set the oath and others follow. ..

I am not into politics but we wanted change and we got worse

If you go market , and you are convinced to try some thing new and it fails you, you go looking for another product or return to thee old..

Even the people supporting the present government are doi g for thier pocket and not the future of thier kids
You are right bro.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by mu2sa2: 7:20am On Sep 17, 2022
InfinityFabric:
Before nko. A certified hypocrite, let him repatriate the $500 million in secret offshore account under his child's name and we will know he's serious.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by andycom(m): 7:20am On Sep 17, 2022
tolue42:

Our Tinubu is ready to fix NIGERIA..Obi dont stand a chance though !

Your Tinubu is ready to fix Nigeria? OMG

Someone that is already part of the worst government Nigeria has ever had, is ready to fix the country his party is running down?

Why are you people like this?
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Great2017: 7:21am On Sep 17, 2022
hemucology:
Talk is cheap.

What are your solutions since you have everything to offer?
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Can’t Be Solved Overnight, Says Peter Obi On CNN (Video) by Lovelive: 7:21am On Sep 17, 2022
And what you have to offer ,enemy of the Nation / Nation embarrassment and disgrace?

hemucology:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Blames Police, Army, Customs For High Cost Of Food.. / Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode / Drama As Ezekwesili Signs 2019 General Elections Peace Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.