Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,847 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell (26568 Views)

Reason Why Christianity Will Die Out In Nigeria - ANS / Christianity Destroyed Black Rome And Christianity Will Destroy White Rome / Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Greenfaces: 11:42am On Sep 18, 2022
Why do people want to doubt the continuation of our existence after death.

Rosullulah (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) ordered that the corpses of the disbelieving casualties from the battle of badr be thrown in a well. He then summoned them saying these words;

Oh so and so the son of so and so. Have you found what your Lord promised you to be true? because we have found the promise if our Lord to be true.

Abubakar (RA) enquired; ya Rosool! Do you speak to them though they are dead?

He replied; By Allah! You do not hear me any more cleayly than they do. ( meaning they can hear as clearly as you do)

Now that advanced science can decipher that humans consciousness doesn't exactly end with death. Are we still waiting for our own deaths before we come to the conclusion that we are only on a journey to our Maker ? And that the promise of Allah is true?

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by blueAgent(m): 11:43am On Sep 18, 2022
Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God. 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by babajero(m): 11:44am On Sep 18, 2022
fman:

To the best of my knowledge
Young man,
You are the one deceiving your self.
Ok o, suit yourself old man, every man will answer for him/herself.

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Starz825(m): 11:44am On Sep 18, 2022
No be colonial masters originally introduce Christianity...
It was peter and Paul...on God's words

So it was gonna get to us even though the colonial masters didn't show up

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by blueAgent(m): 11:44am On Sep 18, 2022
Greenfaces:
Why do people want to doubt the continuation of our existence after death. Rosullulah (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) ordered that the corpses of the disbelieving casualties from the battle of badr be thrown in a well. He then summoned them saying these words;

Oh so and so the son of so and so. Have you found what your Lord promised you to be true? because we have found the promise if our Lord to be true.

Abubakar (RA) enquired; ya Rosool! So you speak to them though they are dead?

He replied; By Allah! You do not hear any more cleayly than they do. ( meaning they can hear as clearly as you do)

Now that advanced science can decipher that humans consciousness doesn't exactly end with death. Are we still waiting for our own deaths before we come to the conclusion that we are only on a journey to our Maker ? And that the promise of Allah is true?

That's a big lie, their is no life or consciousness after death.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Nosayer: 11:45am On Sep 18, 2022
One thing I know is that without Christianity, I would have rebelled against traditional gods.

I haven't seen anywhere else people bribe their gods to destroy the lives of their neighbors because he is doing better than them.

And I'm not pro-Nollywood, I'm talking based on experience.

Meanwhile, it's vanity to argue Christianity with non-christians except they have s very objective mind.

People will ignore the obvious and go for sentiments and emotions. Argument can't make you experience God, revelation does.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by blueAgent(m): 11:46am On Sep 18, 2022
BigBashiru:

im glad we are now waking up to the truth... and no africans were not living in mud huts until europeans came.... theese are the same lies that were told to the native americans...

So what where the living in Sky scrappers?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Greenfaces: 11:46am On Sep 18, 2022
blueAgent:

That's a big lie, their is no life or consciousness after death.

This is the wish of those who do not expect the meeting with their Lord. While indeed the meeting with our Maker is most certain.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by blueAgent(m): 11:47am On Sep 18, 2022
Sapeleomi:

-{-------(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))
Interesting, Please note this world is not just about Christianity and Islam.. The two most populost counties are neither Christians or Islam... That means... You can live a functional life by taking control of your life without any religions beliefs.. Well advanced countries have laws that guide and shape human relation.... Your relationship with your God via your religion or spiritual awakening should be a personal and a private matter that makes you a better person..
But Christianity is the only true religion.

https://www.nairaland.com/4746846/lets-find-out-true-religeon
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by blueAgent(m): 11:50am On Sep 18, 2022
Krismas:
grin We were Christians far b4 the colonial masters. They NEVER brought Christianity to us. Rather they learnt Christianity from us. They did not bring schools or civilization to us. Rather they took these away from us
Finally pagan religion is not the religion of our forefathers. They are the result of 500yrs of slavery and dark ages Africa was plunged into. Most Yoruba deities like Ogun, Sango themselves had personal Gods they worshiped. They were not gods unto themselves. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong

Clown.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by shogsman(m): 11:51am On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:
Imagine Nigeria without Christianity Or Knowledge Of Anybody Called Jesus still practicing Our traditional Religion without any Colonial Interference. Will we all (now Christians) have gone to hell when we died?

It makes no damn difference there is no heaven or hell
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by johnfem321: 11:53am On Sep 18, 2022
A quick google search of the first church in Nigeria takes us back in time.. what a coincidence.. the first church was brought by the portugese at badagry beside the point of no return where our forefather where sold as slaves and shipped to never to see there children, family, friends.. brothers and sister again.. as we both know that the slave trade started with the portugese in Nigeria before the British and American turned it to a large scale slave business and shipped a lot of Africans to work in cotton farm and sugar cane farm in Uk and USA.. It quite sad to see how the western culture have brainwashed, suppressed, deceive, institutionalise, strip a lot of black people of their identity, power, history and made black people inferior, powerless and less human compared to white.. ( I remember going to London museum years ago and see lots of Nigerian artefacts displayed.. stolen from Africa.. I believe they would have collected them and told Africans this is bad and they are idol) this suppression continues today with the help of institution such as Churches, western media, installing and control of greedy politician, foreign aid, destabilisation of African through sponsored terrorism, stealing of African resources( oil, diamond, cocao etc) not allowing Africa produce finished product etc.. let’s try and learn about our history and know what we really have and what we really worth we are great people.. I believe the country that can move Africa forward is Nigeria..

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:54am On Sep 18, 2022
Oyiboman69:
lies...the British that came are already practising christianity in the church of England....

You called what i said "LIES" but do you know what Christianity truly means or you're just following the misinformed crowd mimicking what they're saying?

Well the first century young Jewish carpenter known as Jesus of Nazareth is the person called "CHRIST" {Matthew 16:13-16} the group practicing what he taught {John 15:14} are "CHRISTIANS" {Act 11:26} not faithless people praying, singing or worshiping in his name! Matthew 7:21-23

So i repeat those people weren't Christians but politicians!

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by countryman13: 11:55am On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:
Imagine Nigeria without Christianity Or Knowledge Of Anybody Called Jesus still practicing Our traditional Religion without any Colonial Interference. Will we all (now Christians) have gone to hell when we died?
No. Because going to church is not a certificate for entering heaven.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by blueAgent(m): 11:56am On Sep 18, 2022
Greenfaces:

This is the wish of those who do not expect the meeting with their Lord. While indeed the meeting with our Maker is most certain.

Not a wish but God's word.

The dead remain asleep till the day of resurrection.

Job 14:1 Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble. 14:2 He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not. 14:3 And dost thou open thine eyes upon such an one, and bringest me into judgment with thee? 14:4 Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one. 14:5 Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass; 14:6 Turn from him, that he may rest, till he shall accomplish, as an hireling, his day. 14:7 For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. 14:8 Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground; 14:9 Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant. 14:10 But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he? 14:11 As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up: 14:12 So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep. 14:13 O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! 14:14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come. 14:15 Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by MT: 11:56am On Sep 18, 2022
I love this thread but I have a question. If Africans were to first colonise the white, don't you think they would be practicing our traditional religions, wearing our kind of clothing, speaking our languages and believing our gods are the only ways to heaven?

I think everything boils down to who colonized who first.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by DOM7: 11:56am On Sep 18, 2022
Colonial masters were not the ones that brought Christianity to Africa. Remember Jesus and His father came Africa for safety, The Ethiopian eunuch was a Christian, Joseph Arimathea was a believe, i was privilege to be in Tunisia for a mission history have it that the north African countries were Christian country before Islam take over. Christianity in Africa is God's work by himself they make it popular.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:57am On Sep 18, 2022
Oyiboman69:
The British monarch (currently Charles III) is the supreme governor and the archbishop of Canterbury (currently Justin Welby) is the most senior cleric. The governing structure of the church is based on dioceses, each presided over by a bishop. Within each diocese are local parishes.

MaxInDHouse:

Well the first century young Jewish carpenter known as Jesus of Nazareth is the person called "CHRIST" {Matthew 16:13-16} the group practicing what he taught {John 15:14} are "CHRISTIANS" {Act 11:26} not faithless people praying, singing or worshiping in his name! Matthew 7:21-23

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Babafrayol23: 11:57am On Sep 18, 2022
Religion matter tire me ...na person wey get money dey believe . Brokeness hit me back to back Abeg any pastor or imam here should gimme me money for food I never chop since yesterday.
Zenith
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by TheDictatorNd: 11:58am On Sep 18, 2022
This roman religion called christianity has noting to do with the scriptures or HEAVEN
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by stunning324: 11:58am On Sep 18, 2022
Christianity have her roots in Africa before colonialism, that’s why some of our traditional practices are akin to her tenets. Most of her pioneers called apostles and prophets were Africans. Simon the Niger and Lucius of Cyrene were Africans. Cyrene was a place in Libya. Acts 13:1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Solofresh2: 12:01pm On Sep 18, 2022
Life is about karma and not heaven and hell.Religion made us believe there is heaven and hell somewhere.They made us believe we either go to heaven or hell after death, which is wrong.When we die, it's the mortal (body) that died not our soul.We become unconscious after death because our soul is what controls our body.A body without a soul is a non living thing.
After death your soul leaves your body to emerge on a spiritual realm.A soul can never be seen.It emerges to a spiritual realm and wait again to reincernate into a new body.Not just a new body but a body that suits it's karmaric pay back.
As soon as the perfect male and female that will suit it's karmaric pay back copulates, the soul would be at alert to possess the body of that forming baby the womb for a rebirth.
This is how it works!
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by olaniyilukman(m): 12:02pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
You are supposed to preserve your culture by adhering to traditions and rules which don't benefit you in this world or the hereafter? Who gave you such a mandate and where is it written in stone for you? undecided

Well, it is my life and hence my decision as to what cultures I adhere to, is it not? Are we somehow supposed to live as prisoners of a particular culture or something? undecided

Enhance your intelligent capacity by Google search and conducting research on slave trade and see how useless the white folks you worship trade your grandparents for coins

2 Likes

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 18, 2022

gameova:
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Krismas(m): 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2022
blueAgent:

Clown.
grin Africa started the concept of library. We had them in Fez and Timbuktu, long b4 the white man knew how to read and write. Wen they came, they stole everything from us, put a halt to every of own development for 500yrs. How den do likes of u say they brought us education?
We were Christians long b4 them. African countries are all over the Bible. From Cush to Libya, Ethiopia and Nubia. Queen Sheba died in Nigeria. How cud it have been Europeans who brought us Christianity wen they demselves are only just recent converts to Christianity? Say 500AD?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Ovisko: 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2022
The colonial masters did not introduce Christianity to African, Christianity had been in Africa before their coming (check Matthew 2:13-14. Also, Acts 8: 26-35)
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Oyiboman69: 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You called what i said "LIES" but do you know what Christianity truly means or you're just following the misinformed crowd mimicking what they're saying?

Christianity was already being practice by the English where the king was the head of the church....
How can you separate that when the same people who enslave you were the same people at the same time....
you can only say that they are not doing it truly the way it ought to be but, saying they aren't the same people even when they've already killing people in England who are not in with their belief...I suggests you go back to your history book....

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by blingxx(m): 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:

Stop fooling yourself China , Japan and most Asian countries didn't accept Western religion yet they control your world economy , we are still borrowing from then

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by naikeboy(m): 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2022
Good question begging for answer?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by bagad: 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2022
Na even ordinary mirror Dem take whine and start African Brains.

Just mirror o, wey be say Africans supposed don get sense say humans don dey see their reflections for water since ages.

Anyway na African looseguard Sha.

Eye don open for some of us now abeg.

I don't blame our ancestors.

I kuku know say oyinbo pipo go still later teach us everything for us to develop ourselves.
I will accept whatever technology Dem bring because Dem wise pass us far gan.

But I can't accept Christianity or even Islamic or any other religion Dem bring.

Na so called democracy we dey operate, and I get my own brain to reason well enough for myself.
No be person go tell me say na money matter

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Ojikutumomiage(m): 12:35pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
No, we would all not go to Hell. Instead, scripture says that those who die as unbelievers will perish in the grave. God's Judgement for all unbelievers... all who do not believe in Him.. is as follows...... From dust, you(mind, body, and soul) were made and to dust, you(mind, body, and soul) shall return.... Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. undecided

You're a simple mind

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Christians Still Battle With Fornication. / My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today / Why Nigerians Die Young.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.