Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell (26576 Views)

Reason Why Christianity Will Die Out In Nigeria - ANS / Christianity Destroyed Black Rome And Christianity Will Destroy White Rome / Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2022
lapazi:
You didn’t ans the question
I did since even Jesus Christ said that He came to call those who are weary of this world and heavy laden - Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30 - and not those who are content in their world and way. undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Oyira(m): 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2022
The Gospel of Jesus Christ must be preached to the ends of the Earth..

We thank God for using them to salvage us. Not only did they introduce us to Christianity the also introduced us to Education.

Imagine u still living in Illaitracy you will not even type here. Imagine that u were donated to one idol or used for sacrifices... lol.

So you see... Christianity brought us light and salvation from all slavery.

Pls are you Born again.... God so love you and He wants you to be saved John 3 vs 16.

Accept JESUS Christ as your Lord and Saviour and you will be saved.

Welcome to the Family.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2022
Vviano:
1) So where do the dead stay while waiting for the coming of Christ

2) Jesus Christ never came to preach Christianity to humanity rather he came to preach LOVE and LOVE is not just attributed to Christians alone
1. Those who gained eternal life sleep in their Graves. undecided

2. That lie was fed you by your pastors and mogs. If you actually opened up your brain and read through the Gospels tabula rasa, you would find that what Jesus Christ gave His followers is in fact a Law which consists of about 100 commandments which He commands them to live by and obey until the end in order to be saved - John 14 vs 20 - 25 & John 15 vs 14 & Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Mark 13 vs 13 undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 2:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
capnies:
EVEN CHRISTIAN SINNERS WILL ALSO PERISH LIKE THE UNBELIEVERS
Nope... according to Jesus Christ only those who are born-again can enter into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 8 & Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 27 - where Heaven and Hell are both abodes in. What this means is that only those who are born-again can end up in either of Heaven or Hell at the end - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 2:19pm On Sep 18, 2022
olaniyilukman:
Enhance your intelligent capacity by Google search and conducting research on slave trade and see how useless the white folks you worship trade your grandparents for coins
This is meaningless jabber as far as my comment is concerned. undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by seunayantokun(m): 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2022
The guy who posted this needs to study history of Christianity in Africa.
Colonial masters may have got involved in propagating Christianity for ulterior motives in certain cases but to a larger extent Christian missionaries were in Africa solely to preach the Gospel of Christ Jésus as much as they were sincerely able to.

Two, as much as they did, I would personally say they didn't do so much as God Himself did through our own ancestors and ancrstresses in faith.

Also, pioneers of the Christian faith on the African soil, both black and white, were more sincere. They were not selfish business emperors that are currently gods of men who have no real zeal for salvation of souls. I understand that some started well but are derailed now.

Among our own people used by God to plant Christianity in Nigeria, for instance, you have lots and lots to study. It is catastrophic to think Europeans alone were responsable for the introduction and spread of Christianity in Africa. Some people like to carry errors in their heads like gala without reading. Africa was connected to Christianity right from the day of pentecost as found in Acts 2. This continent was sometime ago for many years the world power house of the Gospel of Christ. What if I added that the canonisation of the Bible was done in Africa?

Please study and deal with colonialism and neocolonialism as they should be dealt with. Of course, those evils are also present in the church today, we must deal with them.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by RepoMan007: 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2022
fman:

Tell me more,
What is the difference between conception and abstraction?
abstraction is something real but intangible in the physical.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Grandmeister(m): 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2022
LaJoe2:

Do not also forget the scripture that said after Christ died in the flesh, His Spirit (GOD) went to the spirits of the dead who were kept in prison to preach the gospel.
But I thought that after death judgement follows, no repentance in the grave right?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Grandmeister(m): 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2022
LaJoe2:

Jer 31:31
The law are written in our hearts.
So i agree we all got an innate knowledge of right and wrong , borne witness by our conscience. Even though the Truth of GOD's Word further increases our knowledge and understanding of the Truth.

However, Job knew GOD. Job saw GOD. Job related with GOD. Bear that in mind.
Yea Job knew God. But it was said “no one can come to the Father except through Christ”. What is your understanding of this?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by itsene: 2:34pm On Sep 18, 2022
Colonial masters did not introduce Christianity!
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by JaskanFactor: 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2022
They gave Africans Christianity in order to make africans loose spiritual power by not following thier native voodoo religions.

As of year 2000 there were 1 million Oyinbo Ifa Worshippers in USA alone, complete with their own association.
That is the same oyinbo that came to Nigeria to give you Christianity.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by gameova(m): 2:37pm On Sep 18, 2022
Grandmeister:

Yea Job knew God. But it was said “no one can come to the Father except through Christ”. What is your understanding of this?
Same thing I'm asking.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by maasoap(m): 2:43pm On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:
What then is the sure ticket to heaven please?

Does heaven really exist or just the imagination of some ancient people who had no knowledge of the universe as at the time when religions were introduced?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by maasoap(m): 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2022
itsene:
Colonial masters did not introduce Christianity!

Who did?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by emmyileri(m): 2:52pm On Sep 18, 2022
COLONIAL MASTER DIDN'T INTRODUCE CHRISTIANITY TO AFRICA. THE ETHIOPIAN EUNUCH WAS A CHRISTIAN AND TOOK CHRISTIANITY TO AFRICA. SIMON OF CYRENE THE ONE WHO CARRIED THE CROSS OF JESUS WAS FROM AFRICA.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by gameova(m): 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2022
emmyileri:
COLONIAL MASTER DIDN'T INTRODUCE CHRISTIANITY TO AFRICA. THE ETHIOPIAN EUNUCH WAS A CHRISTIAN AND TOOK CHRISTIANITY TO AFRICA. SIMON OF CYRENE THE ONE WHO CARRIED THE CROSS OF JESUS WAS FROM AFRICA.
Where is it written in the history books or we just assume what the Bible said as true?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by gameova(m): 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2022
maasoap:

Does heaven really exist or just the imagination of some ancient people who had no knowledge of the universe as at the time when religions were introduced?
I don't think a heaven or hell exists actually. Like you said, it's all imagination of the mind.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by LienwaltAbel(m): 2:59pm On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:
We are supposed to preserve our culture and traditional Religion like the Europeans that gave us their religion did. They have theirs, we have ours. It's that simple.
Bro just leave people to worship whatever they wanna worship. That's how human rights and freedom work. If tradition and culture are sacrificed for the sake of the rights stipulated by society, so be it
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by gameova(m): 3:01pm On Sep 18, 2022
Originalsly:

Christianity is an adaptation of an African belief system. If the Colonials never came to Africa then we would've been much better off avoiding going to "hell" . Just look at "primitive" societies throughout Africa .... theirnway of life is wayyy more righteous than that of any Christian society... even the Vatican.
What about believing in Jesus death and resurrection ? Like the Bible said, it's not all about righteousness.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by LienwaltAbel(m): 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2022
emmyileri:
This is not really true. Coptic Christianity was actually practised a long time ago in Africa before the reign of Islam, and the Ethiopians had their own church too. As for the part about Simon of Cyrene, I don't really know
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 3:04pm On Sep 18, 2022
LienwaltAbel:
Bro just leave people to worship whatever they wanna worship. That's how human rights and freedom work. If tradition and culture are sacrificed for the sake of the rights stipulated by society, so be it
Commonsense! undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 3:05pm On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:
What about believing in Jesus death and resurrection ? Like the Bible said, it's not all about righteousness.
Your bible does not say that. You don't need to stoop to lying, you know. grin
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by emmyileri(m): 3:06pm On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:
Where is it written in the history books or we just assume what the Bible said as true?
The Bible apart from being a spiritual Book is also an historical book written by eye witnesses. It's a collection of writings written by eye witnesses of these things.

1john 1-5
NIV:That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.

NIV:The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

NIV:We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.

NIV:We write this to make our joy complete.

NIV:This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by GoodIsGod: 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2022
TenQ:

Colonial masters didn't introduce Christianity, Christian Missionaries did!

This is what many don't know. Including the Jehovah witnesses who claim they do researches.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by kingxsamz(m): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2022
ZUBY77:

I think the better question is where did all our ancestors went before Christianity

According to these people, they're in hell because Christianity did not get to them. grin
Can you see how flawed religion is?

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by leofab(f): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2022
TenQ:

A whole world of a difference because their objectives were different.

One was about the british kingdom and resources
the other was about the kingdom of God and His Christ
but they wait for thousands of years until the colonist were able to build ships that can navigate to Africa.. God must be so patience.. meanwhile the devil has been in Africa all along didn’t wake for the European.. well I guess you know who is the master.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by LienwaltAbel(m): 3:12pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Commonsense! undecided
Honestly, all these people forming woke traditionalists (even though they go for Monday night prayers) sicken me. No one should give a damn about another's religious beliefs. Let's just live together in peace instead of looking for new methods to divide us further.

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by emmyileri(m): 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2022
[quote author=LienwaltAbel post=116783008]
This is not really true. Coptic Christianity was actually practised a long time ago in Africa before the reign of Islam, and the Ethiopians had their own church too. As for the part about Simon of Cyrene, I don't really know [/quote
Do you even know the story of the Ethiopian eunuch? How he got converted by Philip and baptized? ... Do you think he will keep the light of the knowledge of Jesus christ to himself alone? Please if you can't disprove my assertion through valid reasons don't bother to reply me.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by jaxxy(m): 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:
No be the same Colonial masters tell una say hell dey?
Ogbeni it's called belief for a reason,if Dem no introduce Christianity you for believe another thing.
That's why I say most Christians/religion people are Christians because they were born by Christians not by choice,lol

There are people born as Muslim that become Christians. Chinese Christians etc...
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by emmyileri(m): 3:15pm On Sep 18, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

This is not really true. Coptic Christianity was actually practised a long time ago in Africa before the reign of Islam, and the Ethiopians had their own church too. As for the part about Simon of Cyrene, I don't really know

Do you even know the story of the Ethiopian eunuch? How he got converted by Philip and baptized? ... Do you think he will keep the light of the knowledge of Jesus christ to himself alone? Please if you can't disprove my assertion through valid reasons don't bother to reply me.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by LienwaltAbel(m): 3:15pm On Sep 18, 2022
emmyileri:

Who is disputing your claim? Don't you know the meaning of "I don't know"?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by emmyileri(m): 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
Nigerian Christians are the most foolish people on this planet. Talking to them is like talking to a monkey and expecting logic or sense. The Jesus that you carry for head like gala what benefits has it offered Nigerians or Africans?

1 Corinthians 1:18

NIV:For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why Christians Still Battle With Fornication. / Why Nigerians Die Young. / My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.