Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,934 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell (26573 Views)

Reason Why Christianity Will Die Out In Nigeria - ANS / Christianity Destroyed Black Rome And Christianity Will Destroy White Rome / Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by RepoMan007: 12:44pm On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:
Imagine Nigeria without Christianity Or Knowledge Of Anybody Called Jesus still practicing Our traditional Religion without any Colonial Interference. Will we all (now Christians) have gone to hell when we died?
God will judge us by conscience also. To you that something seem good and you did bad, it will be judged by that inner moral consciousness called conscience. Christianity is a higher call towards God but between heaven and hell, there are grey areas. The outer darkness is one.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by obstead200(m): 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2022
xevove2061:

if you believe in God and in Christianity, you will understand that nothing that was done was a coincidence. it was the plan. if the europeans did not come, the message would have still gotten to us in another way.
the dumbest thing I have heard today.
If u were Born in the north, there is a 75% chance that u would have been a moslem. Will I now blame u for not accepting the teachings of Christianity? Would that be fair?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by gameova(m): 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2022
olaniyilukman:
Enhance your intelligent capacity by Google search and conducting research on slave trade and see how useless the white folks you worship trade your grandparents for coins
That guy matter tire me seriously.

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by RepoMan007: 12:52pm On Sep 18, 2022
fman:

Hell is just a conception...
It only exist in ur mind.
Hell isn't a conception but a real abstraction. You only need to look spiritism practice to understand that there are levels in the spirit realm. That is why after spirit encounter, lifestyle in the physical changes.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Obinoscopy(m): 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:
But why Nigerians carry the religion for head like gala. It's really a do or die affair. Millions have died because of religion in Nigeria.
And is Christianity the reason behind the millions of death?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Krismas(m): 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2022
johnfem321:
A quick google search of the first church in Nigeria takes us back in time.. what a coincidence.. the first church was brought by the portugese at badagry beside the point of no return where our forefather where sold as slaves and shipped to never to see there children, family, friends.. brothers and sister again.. as we both know that the slave trade started with the portugese in Nigeria before the British and American turned it to a large scale slave business and shipped a lot of Africans to work in cotton farm and sugar cane farm in Uk and USA.. It quite sad to see how the western culture have brainwashed, suppressed, deceive, institutionalise, strip a lot of black people of their identity, power, history and made black people inferior, powerless and less human compared to white.. ( I remember going to London museum years ago and see lots of Nigerian artefacts displayed.. stolen from Africa.. I believe they would have collected them and told Africans this is bad and they are idol) this suppression continues today with the help of institution such as Churches, western media, installing and control of greedy politician, foreign aid, destabilisation of African through sponsored terrorism, stealing of African resources( oil, diamond, cocao etc) not allowing Africa produce finished product etc.. let’s try and learn about our history and know what we really have and what we really worth we are great people.. I believe the country that can move Africa forward is Nigeria..
grin Portuguese did not bring Christianity to us. We were Christians long b4 the Portuguese. Christianity came here from North Africa. Queen Sheba died here. North Africans came here often in the past. We got Christian Faith from them don’t let google deceive u

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by fman(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2022
RepoMan007:
Hell isn't a conception but a real abstraction. You only need to look spiritism practice to understand that there are levels in the spirit realm. That is why after spirit encounter, lifestyle in the physical changes.
Tell me more,
What is the difference between conception and abstraction?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2022
Good question, na lie.
gameova:
Imagine Nigeria without Christianity Or Knowledge Of Anybody Called Jesus still practicing Our traditional Religion without any Colonial Interference. Will we all (now Christians) have gone to hell when we died?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2022
Oyiboman69:
Christianity was already being practice by the English where the king was the head of the church....
How can you separate that when the same people who enslave you were the same people at the same time....
you can only say that they are not doing it truly the way it ought to be but, saying they aren't the same people even when they've already killing people in England who are not in with their belief...I suggests you go back to your history book....

You're suggesting going through the history of people claiming they're Christians or through what the man Jesus said about Christianity?

Those people aren't Christians but politicians!

The man Jesus known as CHRIST is totally against what those people are practicing yet you want me to believe they're representing him simply because they claims so!

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by eddyline(m): 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:
Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,
Acts 17:30
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Iykenuwa(m): 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2022
There was Christianity in Nigeria before Colonialism.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by naijapips02: 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2022
TenQ:

Colonial masters didn't introduce Christianity, Christian Missionaries did!

From oshogbo abi?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by peedeeasobie(m): 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:

Did colonial masters introduce Christianity?
Did they also introduce Islam?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Lexit: 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2022
Colonial masters didn't introduce Christianity. It had been here before colonialism.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by nelsonose: 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2022
RapistOnBail:

You religious folks reason via Una ANUS.

Una dull ehh. Is it that you folks can’t argue with ur brains without quoting the Bible?

I support your view. Drop religious book and make logical argument.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Blitzerz: 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2022
fman:

Hell is just a conception...
It only exist in ur mind.
Which means wether u are good or bad in this life, there is no reward.....ba
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by TenQ: 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2022
naijapips02:

From oshogbo abi?
It's Iragbiji!
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by OBALOLA55(m): 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
No, we would all not go to Hell. Instead, scripture says that those who die as unbelievers will perish in the grave. God's Judgement for all unbelievers... all who do not believe in Him.. is as follows...... From dust, you(mind, body, and soul) were made and to dust, you(mind, body, and soul) shall return.... Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. undecided
ADULTRATED SCRIPTURE YOU MEAN undecided

SEE MY FRIEND, IF YOU DIE BELIEVING THAT CHRIST IS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR, YOU WILL BURN IN THE DEEPEST PART OF THE HELL FIRE. NOT EVEN CHRIST WOULD INTERCEDE ON YOUR BELHALF.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by SIRTee15: 1:30pm On Sep 18, 2022
Nosayer:
One thing I know is that without Christianity, I would have rebelled against traditional gods.

I haven't seen anywhere else people bribe their gods to destroy the lives of their neighbors because he is doing better than them.

And I'm not pro-Nollywood, I'm talking based on experience.

Meanwhile, it's vanity to argue Christianity with non-christians except they have s very objective mind.

People will ignore the obvious and go for sentiments and emotions. Argument can't make you experience God, revelation does.

U talking from ignorance. U confusing diabolical practice with spiritualism.
Diabolical practice exist in Christianity and Islam. Who do u think performs rituals for most yahoo guys in Ilorin?

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by SugarGirl44(f): 1:32pm On Sep 18, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
Nigerian Christians are the most foolish people on this planet. Talking to them is like talking to a monkey and expecting logic or sense. The Jesus that you carry for head like gala what benefits has it offered Nigerians or Africans?

I think Muslims are worse.
Those ones have turned themselves into low budget Arabs.
I'm talking about Yorubas now.
At least Christians still identity with our culture.
You see those Muslims, they detest our culture and practically want to become arabs by force, forgetting that arabs no rate them at all.
All they need is for you to bring your hard earned money to their country in the name of worship and they send you back before you think of staying back in their country.
They won't even allow you marry their girls because they see blacks as inferior race, yet our people keep falling for their tricks.

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:42pm On Sep 18, 2022
Instead of arguing blindly why not hear from the horses mouth?

The founder of Christianity Jesus of Nazareth said Satan's agents will override members of his group so that Christianity will disappear after the death of his first century Jewish disciples (when men were sleeping) {Matthew 13:25} in fact Jesus doubt whether he will find Christianity by the time he return to check how well his group is doing {Luke 18:8} of course things happened as predicted, politicians (Antichrists) crowded Jesus' group after the death of his first century faithful disciples {1John 2:18} this are the people all of you knew and thought are Christians, they are responsible for the death of many faithful people who wanted to uphold the true teachings of Jesus {Revelations 17:6} they turned the church into politics and forced their opinion on everyone through their crusades in the dark ages.
But when Jesus returned in the year 1914 he began restructuring his group again by calling faithful individuals throughout the earth to leave Satan's agents {Revelations 18:4} and start afresh. At first they made lots of mistakes because their leader is not visible and will not say a word to them but using God's Holy Spirit to lead them into finding the direction on how to go about real Christianity {John 14:26} Jesus promised that if they get things correctly there is just one sign to know they will make up a peaceful and peaceloving group {John 14:27} because that's God's will for sending Jesus. Jesus is coming to destroy rebellious humans but first he must teach obedient people how to live in harmony with God's will and pay for Adamic sin that's his first assignment as a human {Matthew 20:28} but by the time he returns he supposed to come with the angels in heaven and start killing all faithless people! Luke 19:27

But since Satan destabilized Jesus' group who are to gather obedient mankind in preparation for Jesus' earthly government {Matthew 28:18-20; Act 1:8} Jesus must first return as a mighty spirit warrior king {Revelations 6:1-2} and start gathering his earthly disciples {Psalms 119:1-3} while Satan and his agents are causing their havoc! Revelations 6:3-4

So if you have heard of anyone leading with the use of weapons (swords) know today that such ones aren't Jesus' representatives but Satan's agents disguising as Christ's followers {2Corinthians 11:14} of course they have no share in the kingdom of God! 2Corinthians 11:15 smiley

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Dshocker(m): 1:44pm On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:

But the same Christianity has cost us so much as a nation.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by haconjy(m): 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:
No be the same Colonial masters tell una say hell dey?
Ogbeni it's called belief for a reason,if Dem no introduce Christianity you for believe another thing.
That's why I say most Christians/religion people are Christians because they were born by Christians not by choice,lol

What about Muslim? Are they not born into it?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by ruffplay: 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2022
Love ur neighbour as urself
Do to others how u also want to be treated
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by LaJoe2: 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2022
Grandmeister:

It is truth and goodness that will save you (whether you knew about the gospel or you lived and died before the gospel came to your people) man has always had an innate knowledge of what was right and wrong. People like Job lived and died before Christ was born, so is it safe to say Job won’t make heaven because he didn’t profess Christ as his Lord and saviour??

Jer 31:31
The law are written in our hearts.
So i agree we all got an innate knowledge of right and wrong , borne witness by our conscience. Even though the Truth of GOD's Word further increases our knowledge and understanding of the Truth.

However, Job knew GOD. Job saw GOD. Job related with GOD. Bear that in mind.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Thomthom(m): 1:55pm On Sep 18, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
Nigerian Christians are the most foolish people on this planet. Talking to them is like talking to a monkey and expecting logic or sense. The Jesus that you carry for head like gala what benefits has it offered Nigerians or Africans?
Just see as grown up open mouth dey talk nonsense for mouth... if you even hate the Nigeria Christians so much must you show it.. You might be a foolish person, am not a foolish Christian
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 1:56pm On Sep 18, 2022
Beosten:
Christians are very funny people. See interpretation, mehn.

I resigned from being a pastor in Winners Chapel. In all my years as a preacher, I never heard of this. I've read works from Myles Munroe, Kenneth Hagin, Copeland, Youngi Cho, Bonnke, etc but this assertion of yours is a bombshell.
What interpretation? undecided

What I said is as is written right there in that book by the writer, and this from thousands of years ago. Why you allow other men feed you their regurgitate which you refer to as interpretation, only you know. undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by kkonyeji(m): 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:
What's the essence of the Christian Religion then?. We would have been better off practicing our traditional religion which is also very good. Why abandon our beliefs for some white man thinking theirs are superior?

Nobody is stopping u from practicing whatever.

Religion is not by compulsion but conviction.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2022
Offpoint1:

So what drugs the native doctor who returned with heaven was on? Since he saw people already in heaven and so called Christians are rejoicing?
I don't know. The man may have a medical condition that caused him to be in a state that made him appear dead. I mean it is well known that people used to be unknowingly buried alive back during the time of our ancestors. undecided

As for seeing people in heaven and all, I think what he may have experienced instead was born of delusions formed from that already stored up over time in his mind. undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 2:02pm On Sep 18, 2022
afadi2410:
Am sure you yourself do not believe what you just stated
Then you don't know anything about me. undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by LaJoe2: 2:02pm On Sep 18, 2022
Grandmeister:

It is truth and goodness that will save you (whether you knew about the gospel or you lived and died before the gospel came to your people) man has always had an innate knowledge of what was right and wrong. People like Job lived and died before Christ was born, so is it safe to say Job won’t make heaven because he didn’t profess Christ as his Lord and saviour??

Do not also forget the scripture that said after Christ died in the flesh, His Spirit (GOD) went to the spirits of the dead who were kept in prison to preach the gospel.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 2:07pm On Sep 18, 2022
Idamond:
For those unbelievers or those who never know about Jesus but live rightly will surely make heaven but for those wicked ones that didn't hear about the gospel will go to hell for there conscious and Right doing will be use to judge those people..
i am afraid you are wrong! undecided

Just as God's Law is eternal so also is His judgement. That decree was made by God to apply to all mankind and God never receded that ruling. So you have to show where the Almighty retracted His judgement in order for your claim to be considered right. undecided

According to Jesus Christ, only those who are born-again can enter into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 8 - where Heaven and Hell are both abodes in - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 27 - and as a result, all those who will end up in Heaven and in Hell are all born-again believers in Jesus Christ. This is the ruling from over 2000 years ago by Jesus Christ, the King over Heaven and over Hell, in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why Christians Still Battle With Fornication. / Why Nigerians Die Young. / My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.