Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria (35124 Views)

$2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria / 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract / Usman Gur Mohammed Sacked Over N781bn Siemens Power Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by chymeze: 7:15am On Sep 18, 2022
MasterJayJay:

Transformer is needed for transmission not for GENERATION. Even a secondary school student should know that.

See your audacity of ignorance!! Pathetic!!
Thank you! Infact some local companies here sef manufacture transformers so I don't know what's the big deal in celebrating arrival of common transformers! Infact I remember while in secondary school a certain classmate of mine was so good he could use local materials to make very small transformers.

2 Likes

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:15am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

Come to APC? Mba, he will be chased away with brooms.

The same broom transported Tinubu to Bayelsa, Rivers, and Ota to beg "16 years of PDP."
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Hassanmaye(m): 7:16am On Sep 18, 2022
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by purplekayc(m): 7:17am On Sep 18, 2022
gebest:
It will take another 5 years to install it.
cheesy
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Skseries: 7:18am On Sep 18, 2022
MasterJayJay:

Transformer is needed for transmission not for GENERATION. Even a secondary school student should know that.

See your audacity of ignorance!! Pathetic!!
so how many transmission line have they built in 7years to carry the power from the transformer the have bought? Fact that ppl like u keep making excuses for the gov just seize to amaze me, u act like u have it any better in the area u stay, or any Nigeria have it better.

Do u know what can be done in 7years? Like a whole 7yrs. A country that do not generate enough, they cannot fully transmit the ones they are generating.

In the 7yrs what have they done to the law inhibiting power generation by state? What major infrastructure have they done to improve transmission? Or have u seem any new improve powerline anywhere in Nigeria, what have they done to diversify the power generation method, do u know a single turn of a massive wind turbine can power a city? In 2022 no where in Nigeria can u say they have 24/7 of power. Anyways it's typical Nigeria nature, we always thank gov for doing their jobs as if they are doing us a favour. Smh

2 Likes

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by ibechris(m): 7:18am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

If you don't know something all you need to do is ask. You are displaying the same ignorance that led Obi to Egypt.

U need to go back to school.
Does transformer generate light ? Pls,go back to school and unlearn all the rubbish u are spewing out.

2 Likes

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by ElSudani: 7:19am On Sep 18, 2022
Acidosis:

The same broom catapulted Tinubu to Bayelsa, Rivers, and Ota to beg "16 years of PDP."

It's called a courtesy call. Tinubu or anyone aspiring to lead a country is not supposed to behave like IPOB and more importantly like Peter Obi who is pandering to ethnic and religious sentiments.
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by ElSudani: 7:21am On Sep 18, 2022
ibechris:

U need to go back to school.
Does transformer generate light ? Pls,go back to school and unlearn all the rubbish u are spewing out.

Zombidients are truly ret. arded. What is the point of generating electricity if you can't distribute it? Oh my God, are these people real. And they actually believe they know what they are talking about!
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Komu1048(m): 7:22am On Sep 18, 2022
MasterJayJay:

See them celebrating transformer. Does transformer generate electricity?

Some Nigerians love suffering. You are not enjoying stable power and you are insulting Peter Obi that traveled to Egypt to study how their power infrastructure improved.

National grid under APC can be likened to a married man suffering from erectile dysfunction. We have lost count how many times the national grid has failed.

We need a quantum leap in solving the power problems of Nigeria.

Egypt added 25,000 megawatts (MW) of new power stations to their national electricity grid during the period from June 2014 to June 2018. Got that? 25,000 MW in just 4 years.

In October 2018, project consortium partners Siemens, Elsewedy Electric and Orascom Construction officially unveiled one of the largest combined cycle megaprojects in Beni Suef,
Egypt. The teams completed three plants totalling 14,400 MW in a record time of 27.5 months at the cost of €6 billion.

Buhari has been in power for 7 years +, how many megawatts has been added? He keeps borrowing and borrowing with no tangible thing to show for it. Some of you are like victim of ponzi schemes. Can't you see APC has scammed you for the past 7 years?

Peter Obi is looking for solutions to transform Nigeria, while others are looking for how to be in power.

Few months to go, that's when Buhari remembers he will buy transformers.

Obi supporters are sooo dumb like their paymaster. Always behaving like 3rd class citizen with 3rd class certificate in philosophy.

Why is it that Tinubu is the only leaders in Nigeria that is campaigning with what he has done

Obi as he knew he did nothing in Anambra, but campaigning with what Egypt, China, Europe is doing. I think Olympic should introduce stupidity medals, u n Obi can keep winning it

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Belluski: 7:23am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

Tell that to the marines. So, Dasuki on his own went to the central bank and took out 1 billion dollars! Dollars ni o, and Jonathan new nothing about it?. No wonder some people called him J.onadaft. Obi was one of his advisers and Nigerians should know this.
These are not the type of people you don't want to lead you no matter if they change to a different party every week.

Bro let me ask this one question.... is PMB’s tenure better than GEJ’s own.. a YES or NO will do

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:24am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

It's called a courtesy call. Tinubu or anyone aspiring to lead a country is not supposed to behave like IPOB and more importantly like Peter Obi who is pandering to ethnic and religious sentiments.

A courtesy call to those you said squandered the life out of Nigeria? You don't have shame.

Sharing opinion about religious sentiments when your expired candidate parades a muslim-muslim ticket.

Again, you have no shame.

2 Likes

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Honestfrend: 7:26am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

And why can't we talk about Obi?

Because Obi is not this government period.

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by tishbite42: 7:27am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

The Egyptians reportedly spent 6 billion euro to fix their power issues. Obasanjo of your PDP spent 16 billion dollars and no result at all. Obi was part of that PDP till a few months ago.
Jonathan spent billions too, no result. Obi was part of that failure.
There's nothing new Obi of PDP and newly of labor party have to offer. We have seen it all.
He was appointed on April 15th, 2015
One month to handover and Buhari removed him immediately
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by udemzyudex(m): 7:27am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

What is wrong with his observation is that he doesn't recognize the transformers as one of the major equipment needed to strengthen the national grid which is in a terrible shape. Nigeria can generate 25,000 megawatts today and it wouldn't make any difference unless the national grid is fixed and that is what the Buhari government is doing with the help of Siemens. This is what Obi went to Egypt to understudy.
Incidentally, Siemens is also involved with the Egyptian scheme.

You just want to post so it won't look like one paid urchins didn't represent in this thread.

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:
This is what Obi went to Egypt to understudy. The other day he wanted to allow private sector to build refineries, I started to wonder if the single largest industrial undertaking in Africa being done by the Dangote group is what?
Obi is bereft of ideas and dangerously out of touch.

The guy is just a dishonest and duplicitous joker. See as he fled PDP literally days after assuring he was going to win the primaries.

Dude is a fraudster looking for a Ministerial job from Atiku. The electorate will put him in his place and President Tinubu will shun the olodo conman called "Him Tu Lie".
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by ElSudani: 7:28am On Sep 18, 2022
Belluski:

Bro let me ask this one question.... is PMB’s tenure better than GEJ’s own.. a YES or NO will do

Resounding YES. GEJ like Obi cannot point to any remarkable achievement they made in office. At least with Buhari and the limited resources available to him, you have your second Niger bridge, don't you.
We have a new railway that is going to link Lagos to Kano. Real attention is being paid to finish the Mambila power plant and strengthen the national grid.
Now, tell me what Obi's achievements are?

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Faber(m): 7:35am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:
This is what Obi went to Egypt to understudy. The other day he wanted to allow private sector to build refineries, I started to wonder if the single largest industrial undertaking in Africa being done by the Dangote group is what?
Obi is bereft of ideas and dangerously out of touch.

You want Obi to condemn private Sectors intervention in building refineries so that you a will start running propaganda that Obi is against Dangote's refineries and will not allow it to take off if elected. Now he acknowledged that, you know come up with this foolish twist.

Must you criticize everything, shame no dey catch you for here

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by aAK1(m): 7:37am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

If you don't know something all you need to do is ask. You are displaying the same ignorance that led Obi to Egypt.

I am shaming on your behalf

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Lionstep: 7:37am On Sep 18, 2022
asanausana91:
is there anything that can satisfy ipob terrorists? The answer is no. So keep wailing.

Very easy to spot zombie's, they normally take cover by calling others ipbo terrorist..... bunch of idiats

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Belluski: 7:37am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

A Nigerian who doesn't care that Nigeria under PDP had spent close to 20 billion dollars on electricity and yet there's no power.
A Nigerian who doesn't care that Obi was part of that waste.
Buhari with limited resources is getting the criticism for the mismanagement by Obi and his friends. How fair is that?

I understand you want credits for what pmb is doing in d power sector... its commendable even if its coming late, because every step towards the right direction is what we need right now ... but if you keep up with the shit you have been saying up there... you’re sounding stupid... no knowledge is waste , Obi going to egypt doesn’t mk him dull... makes him smart... key point to every development is identifying the problem then seek solutions.. implementation is the mother of all... so stop discredit obi for going to egypt... I believe people hold pmb to the throat because dey said too much during campaign, it was like the people were scammed including me.

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by SaLongs1(m): 7:38am On Sep 18, 2022
joelbooks:

https://twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1571176975191900164
Abeg since Obasanjo's time we've been seeing many transformers and rolls of cables yet the power output keeps going down, why should we suddenly blow trumpets at the sight of one more transformer at the twighlight of this current administration. If for nothing it looks rather cynical and another avenue to plunder the national treasury.

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by ElSudani: 7:38am On Sep 18, 2022
aAK1:
I am shaming on your behalf

You are supposed to weep for your own ignorance. And for being a zombie who doesn't read, who doesn't think. Who is only capable of chanting party slogans.
Now, who is stupid? Read the attached screenshot and tell me that is not what Obi went to Egypt to learn.
Zombidients are pitifully dumb.

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by SaLongs1(m): 7:43am On Sep 18, 2022
MasterJayJay:

See them celebrating transformer. Does transformer generate electricity?

Some Nigerians love suffering. You are not enjoying stable power and you are insulting Peter Obi that traveled to Egypt to study how their power infrastructure improved.

National grid under APC can be likened to a married man suffering from erectile dysfunction. We have lost count how many times the national grid has failed.

We need a quantum leap in solving the power problems of Nigeria.

Egypt added 25,000 megawatts (MW) of new power stations to their national electricity grid during the period from June 2014 to June 2018. Got that? 25,000 MW in just 4 years.

In October 2018, project consortium partners Siemens, Elsewedy Electric and Orascom Construction officially unveiled one of the largest combined cycle megaprojects in Beni Suef,
Egypt. The teams completed three plants totalling 14,400 MW in a record time of 27.5 months at the cost of €6 billion.

Buhari has been in power for 7 years +, how many megawatts has been added? He keeps borrowing and borrowing with no tangible thing to show for it. Some of you are like victim of ponzi schemes. Can't you see APC has scammed you for the past 7 years?

Peter Obi is looking for solutions to transform Nigeria, while others are looking for how to be in power.

Few months to go, that's when Buhari remembers he will buy transformers.
very cynical of this administration if you ask me

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by deji17: 7:44am On Sep 18, 2022
EmiLoKanMyAss:
Can you pls STFU with this your brag.. It took the Buhari APC government almost 8years to bring this in and you are on Nairaland talking crap. Sometimes, I wonder if y'all have brains in ya skull or if y'all think deeply at all before opening the gutter you y'all call a mouth to say sh!t.

What Buhari did in 8 years in terms of power, the PDP where Obi came from, could not do it in 16 years
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 18, 2022
Ayekotoo:

Nigeria is done for experiment. She doesn't need lily-livered inexperienced leader this time around but hands on leader who had initiated a similar project regardless of the size of the project. Tell us what he did in anambra over power issue.

Most Obidullards are IPOBian clowns or ignorant youth who have partisan reasons for wanting Obi to win and not practical ones.

Obi went on a stupid and deceitful jaunt to Egypt pretending to study their power sector.
With all due respect, can Egypt know more than a foremost international expert companies like Siemens that Nigeria has formally engaged to help us overhaul our power sector?

IPOBians and Obidullards go around peddling this redundant and ignorant consideration that only Obi, the empty charlatan, has the knowledge to rescue Nigeria.

I always laugh because any truly intelligent person will know that even the dullest leader of the smallest nation on Earth will not lack sound, transformational and practical advice so far as that nation has formal education that trains and harness the potentials of naturally brilliant minds.

The situation with Nigeria is simply about a President possessing political will, an authoritative mien, innate sagacity, sincerity and the tools, like cash, that will allow him/her use experts to the glory of Nigeria.

I mention cash because all informed kverjans have an idea of the ridiculous amount of money, that Nigeria does not have, required to transform our power sector optimally.

Overall, the President himself need not be a rocket scientist but he must be a good supervisor and [b]innovative project manager [/b]able to find, empower and use brilliabce to the profit of Nigeria.

This is what we have lacked to date and this is what every sincere and honest Nigerians, to include his enemies, can admit Tinubu is best at.

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by NairalandDoctor(m): 7:45am On Sep 18, 2022
VERDA:

It's is you that is stupid, you guys hate the truth...well you have no choice. All he said is true, stop being childish and make your point if you have any. I doubt you do though.
I don't have time for your rants.

I have Important things to do.
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by ElSudani: 7:46am On Sep 18, 2022
Belluski:

I understand you want credits for what pmb is doing in d power sector... its commendable even if its coming late, because every step towards the right direction is what we need right now ... but if you keep up with the shit you have been saying up there... you’re sounding stupid... no knowledge is waste , Obi going to egypt doesn’t mk him dull... makes him smart... key point to every development is identifying the problem then seek solutions.. implementation is the mother of all... so stop discredit obi for going to egypt... I believe people hold pmb to the throat because dey said too much during campaign, it was like the people were scammed including me.

Ok, Oga who is not dull. Please read the attached screenshot and tell me this is not similar to what Egypt is doing. It is already being done in Nigeria by the same Siemens who is handling the Egyptian scheme.
What is the point of making a show about visiting Egypt to learn what is already being done here?

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Belluski: 7:46am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

Resounding YES. GEJ like Obi cannot point to any remarkable achievement they made in office. At least with Buhari and the limited resources available to him, you have your second Niger bridge, don't you.
We have a new railway that is going to link Lagos to Kano. Real attention is being paid to finish the Mambila power plant and strengthen the national grid.
Now, tell me what Obi's achievements are?

Bro bro bro..... you sound so intelligent but yet your sense of truth is clouded by sentiment... makes you sound none intelligent and stupid. how dos the common man feed today compare to GEJ tenure..how is the economy today. Lets call a spade a spade ...

2 Likes

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by ShaqFu: 7:46am On Sep 18, 2022
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by SaLongs1(m): 7:47am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

You are supposed to weep for your own ignorance. And for being a zombie who doesn't read, who doesn't think. Who is only capable of chanting party slogans.
Now, who is stupid? Read the attached screenshot and tell me that is not what Obi went to Egypt to learn.
your screenshot says how many megawatts by 2021 and by now we are yet to see anything close to the abracadabra chanted to get into power

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by dreu2fine(m): 7:47am On Sep 18, 2022
joelbooks:

https://twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1571176975191900164
Nigeria but it's what can be done here
We have welders who can do this here ooo

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

Bro keep educating them. Only people like you make me remain a member of this forum.

Were the forum to be full of Obidullards alone then I would have left this place for those insufferable, ignorant, illiterate and moronic trolls.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jonathan Congratulates Obasanjo On New Appointment / Stone Us If We Fail After 2 Years - APC Founding Member, Momoh (Throwback Pic) / Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.