Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria (35121 Views)

$2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria / 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract / Usman Gur Mohammed Sacked Over N781bn Siemens Power Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by asanausana91: 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2022
MasterJayJay:

See them celebrating transformer. Does transformer generate electricity?

Some Nigerians love suffering. You are not enjoying stable power and you are insulting Peter Obi that traveled to Egypt to study how their power infrastructure improved.

National grid under APC can be likened to a married man suffering from erectile dysfunction. We have lost count how many times the national grid has failed.

We need a quantum leap in solving the power problems of Nigeria.

Egypt added 25,000 megawatts (MW) of new power stations to their national electricity grid during the period from June 2014 to June 2018. Got that? 25,000 MW in just 4 years.

In October 2018, project consortium partners Siemens, Elsewedy Electric and Orascom Construction officially unveiled one of the largest combined cycle megaprojects in Beni Suef,
Egypt. The teams completed three plants totalling 14,400 MW in a record time of 27.5 months at the cost of €6 billion.

Buhari has been in power for 7 years +, how many megawatts has been added? He keeps borrowing and borrowing with no tangible thing to show for it. Some of you are like victim of ponzi schemes. Can't you see APC has scammed you for the past 7 years?

Peter Obi is looking for solutions to transform Nigeria, while others are looking for how to be in power.
is there anything that can satisfy ipob terrorists? The answer is no. So keep wailing.

6 Likes

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Lifestone(m): 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2022
ElSudani:

The Egyptians reportedly spent 6 billion euro to fix their power issues. Obasanjo of your PDP spent 16 billion dollars and no result at all. Obi was part of that PDP till a few months ago.
Jonathan spent billions too, no result. Obi was part of that failure.
There's nothing new Obi of PDP and newly of labor party have to offer. We have seen it all.
Seems we are back to 2015 campaign. You guys no get shame. I'm not a PDP or Obi's supporter but a Nigerian

4 Likes

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by ElSudani: 10:11pm On Sep 17, 2022
Lifestone:

Seems we are back to 2015 campaign. You guys no get shame. I'm not a PDP or Obi's supporter but a Nigerian

A Nigerian who doesn't care that Nigeria under PDP had spent close to 20 billion dollars on electricity and yet there's no power.
A Nigerian who doesn't care that Obi was part of that waste.
Buhari with limited resources is getting the criticism for the mismanagement by Obi and his friends. How fair is that?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Lifestone(m): 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2022
ElSudani:

A Nigerian who doesn't care that Nigeria under PDP had spent close to 20 billion dollars on electricity and yet there's no power.
Buhari with limited resources is getting the criticism for the mismanagement by Obi and his friends. How fair is that?
Yes a Nigerian that voted for APC in 2015 with the expectation that Buhari will probe the power scam, retrieve the money and jail the perpetrators. Yes a Nigerian that has so much expectation that the power PDP could not fix in 16years will finally be done, Yes a Nigerian with so dashed expectation.

3 Likes

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by ElSudani: 10:29pm On Sep 17, 2022
Lifestone:

Yes a Nigerian that voted for APC in 2015 with the expectation that Buhari will probe the power scam, retrieve the money and jail the perpetrators. Yes a Nigerian that has so much expectation that the power PDP could not fix in 16years will finally be done, Yes a Nigerian with so dashed expectation.

I agree with you that you and indeed all Nigerians deserve answers. But Buhari is making progress albeit slowly and it will be a disaster to return Nigeria to the same folks who didn't do anything when they had wherewithal to do so.

4 Likes

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by obyrich(m): 10:38pm On Sep 17, 2022
gebest:
It will take another 5 years to install it.
I am laughing in Japanese. grin
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by afube: 10:50pm On Sep 17, 2022
ElSudani:
This is what Obi went to Egypt to understudy. The other day he wanted to allow private sector to build refineries, I started to wonder if the single largest industrial undertaking in Africa begin done by the Dangote group is what?
Obi is bereft of ideas and dangerously out of touch.

Drib drib economic theory.......Nigeria needs at least 4 dangote size refineries......that is how you add value to the our extraction industries......infact we need hundreds of oil blending plants sef.......every sector and region of the country should be designated an industry and facilitated to become the best in class on the continent .....southwest for finance hub,fintech...and industry.....south east for heavy steel and auto industry,commerce and industry..nigerdelta oil and gas......refineries etc.....akwa cross,ogoja upto taraba...tourism......north agriculture and livestock......this is the way to go

7 Likes

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by MasterJayJay: 10:58pm On Sep 17, 2022
asanausana91:
is there anything that can satisfy ipob terrorists? The answer is no. So keep wailing.
Bokoharam terrorists are having orgasm because of transformers. Chai!

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by owobokiri(m): 10:59pm On Sep 17, 2022
MasterJayJay:

Some Nigerians love suffering. You are not enjoying stable power and you are insulting Peter Obi that traveled to Egypt to study how their power infrastructure improved.

National grid under APC can be likened to a married man suffering from erectile dysfunction. We have lost count how many times the national grid has failed.

Egypt added 25,000 megawatts (MW) of new power stations to their national electricity grid during the period from June 2014 to June 2018. Got that? 25,000 MW in just 4 years.

In October 2018, project consortium partners Siemens, Elsewedy Electric and Orascom Construction officially unveiled one of the largest combined cycle megaprojects in Beni Suef,
Egypt. The teams completed three plants totalling 14,400 MW in a record time of 27.5 months at the cost of €6 billion.

Buhari has been in power for 7 years +, how many megawatts has been added? He keeps borrowing and borrowing with no tangible thing to show for it. Some of you are like victim of ponzi schemes. Can't you see APC has scammed you for the past 7 years?

Peter Obi is looking for solutions to transform Nigeria, while others are looking for how to be in power.
Don't waste your energy on that agbadorian reprobate

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Achilles881: 11:02pm On Sep 17, 2022
MasterJayJay:

Transformer is needed for transmission not for GENERATION. Even a secondary school student should know that.

See your audacity of ignorance!! Pathetic!!

So modalities to increase generation and transmission of electricity, which took obi to Egypt, is now ignorance, but only transmission of non-existent electricity is knowledge abi, anyway, continue, after all stupidity is allowed, according to keyamo

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 17, 2022
ElSudani:

I agree with you that you and indeed all Nigerians deserve answers. But Buhari is making progress albeit slowly and it will be a disaster to return Nigeria to the same folks who didn't do anything when they had wherewithal to do so.

Una get time

If I understand you clearly, the transformers are what is needed to distribute, transmit power cause we have power generators already, just what to distribute it is what we lack??
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by MasterJayJay: 11:15pm On Sep 17, 2022
Achilles881:

So modalities to increase generation and transmission of electricity, which took obi to Egypt, is now ignorance, but only transmission of non-existent electricity is knowledge abi, anyway, continue, after all stupidity is allowed, according to keyamo

Na low IQ people dey quote Keyamo Senior advocate of nonsense.
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by ElSudani: 11:21pm On Sep 17, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

Una get time

If I understand you clearly, the transformers are what is needed to distribute, transmit power cause we have power generators already, just what to distribute it is what we lack??

You are right my friend, but we still need more power plants to ensure we have enough power to support our industries and encourage more industrial concerns to set up their businesses.

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 17, 2022
ElSudani:

You are right my friend, but we still need more power plants to ensure we have enough power to support our industries and encourage more industrial concerns to set up their businesses.

Anything to get the nation working

Let's just hope it works and not an Avenue to siphon money...

If atiku no win, den obi should or any other person except Tinubu... the way area boys will overrun this country eehn... a case of OLUOMO comes to mind,the audacity he Carries eehn and the way those area boys dey behave with impunity. Anyways make anyone entering do well,if not we continue with the way the country is... las las we go dey alright, if e bad too much, u find neighboring countries enter
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Achilles881: 12:18am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

This is funny, we only generate 1/ 20th of what Egypt generate, Even with less than half of our population, so even when you distribute all it won't do, if you generate 7000 megawatts which PDP generated, you need at least 2000 megawatts as pushing force but under APC, we generate much more below that and since the demand surpasses generation, we try to push too much, which leads to power grid collapse, no deception here, we need to upgrade to at least 50 megawatts, in the next four years, the only people that did it in such a short time is Egypt, using about than 1/3rd of what it cost us to generate 1/20th of what we have, so we need to find out how they did it, the cost involved, and study both local and international inputs they used to make it succeed.

4 Likes

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Youoareofoolish: 4:32am On Sep 18, 2022
Ayekotoo:

Nigeria is done for experiment. She doesn't need lily-livered inexperienced leader this time around but hands on leader who had initiated a similar project regardless of the size of the project. Tell us what he did in anambra over power issue.

You sound very dumb. No be when person don do something before you go say he het experience? Experience is not what we need in nigeria, we need the political will to embark on development and see it through to the end. This is what we need. Nobody should be ruled out because they have not done it before, instead what should determine their occupancy in that role is the determination and will to carry out what they said or should know what to do.

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by iyke2frankeze: 4:37am On Sep 18, 2022
Peter Obi's visit has reactivated Buhari's sense. The project that has been forgotten for years due to committees upon committees according to Siemens boss in Egypt. Obi has exposed and put them on their toes.

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by BigIyanga: 4:38am On Sep 18, 2022
MasterJayJay:

Transformer is needed for transmission not for GENERATION. Even a secondary school student should know that.

See your audacity of ignorance!! Pathetic!!
Kindergarten logic.. So Naija never had any transformers until now?
So It took GMB 7.5yrs to get one transformer??

4 Likes

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by royalguy123(m): 4:39am On Sep 18, 2022
Hope they're are going to mount it at sambisa forest
Let them use it for the purpose it was bought in the first place
Kudos to the government of the day
Or the government that have this dream and was executed by him
But I doubt if it was this present apc government oooooooo! ;

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Khastro(m): 4:41am On Sep 18, 2022
doggedfighter:
Who's the guy taking shots of himself and transformers ?

Was asking the same question too, LOL. Abi na him dey connect the transformers

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by lookingfly: 4:44am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:
This is what Obi went to Egypt to understudy. The other day he wanted to allow private sector to build refineries, I started to wonder if the single largest industrial undertaking in Africa begin done by the Dangote group is what?
Obi is bereft of ideas and dangerously out of touch.
someone is bereft of ideas but he's richer and has achieved a lot than you, what have you that is ladened with ideas achieved more than him?

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by plaindealer: 4:47am On Sep 18, 2022
You lie, these are the transformers Obi Pandora bought from Egypt.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Chicastle: 4:47am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

If you don't know something all you need to do is ask. You are displaying the same ignorance that led Obi to Egypt.
My friend that guy just yarn you the obvious truth rest abeg. You sound like someone who doesn’t know much about power. So listen to those that understands better than you. Don’t see every issue as political and rhetoric. If you are ask what is the unit of power?
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by ADecadeAddict: 4:48am On Sep 18, 2022
How come some people never see something good with anything?

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by showafrica(m): 4:50am On Sep 18, 2022
gebest:
It will take another 5 years to install it.

So this catapiller is what is going to give Nigeria 24hrs electricity? Is this an indirect campaign for agbado or what? Ordinary transformer that cannot power the whole lagos is what we should be praising buhari for. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Raph82(m): 4:54am On Sep 18, 2022
Ayekotoo:

Nigeria is done for experiment. She doesn't need lily-livered inexperienced leader this time around but hands on leader who had initiated a similar project regardless of the size of the project. Tell us what he did in anambra over power issue.
Does the constitution allow a state to generate its own electricity?
If that's possible, some states like Lagos & Rivers would have given it a shot. The more reason we are clamouring for true federalism. There are some things states are not permitted to carry out under the current system of governance that we practise, such as full resource control, devolution of absolute powers to the states, state policing and so on. I stand to be corrected though, may be I'm the 1 not well informed.

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by samsard(m): 4:56am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

What is wrong with his observation is that he doesn't recognize the transformers as one of the major equipment needed to strengthen the national grid which is in a terrible shape. Nigeria can generate 25,000 megawatts today and it wouldn't make any difference unless the national grid is fixed and that is what the Buhari government is doing with the help of Siemens. This is what Obi went to Egypt to understudy.
Incidentally, Siemens is also involved with the Egyptian scheme.
Why not applaud Obi then? Or do you expect him to understudy Buhari who seems to just start getting it right?

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 5:06am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

ElSudani:

And the best way to move Nigeria forward is to hand it over to a 90-something year old kleptomaniac who built a "blueprint" for 8 years, did little with fat allocation, and bought his kids mansions in the UK with stolen tax payers money while you wallow in absolute poverty and ignorance??

You are a f00l if you think APC/PDP is the only problem at this stage of our national lives. So kindly stop vomiting the ignorance in you all over the thread.

The problem is the individuals you elect into power. Majority of the f00lish PDP members you're mastur.bating over today are in your party-APC. Your so called presidential candidate has been to Rivers state with his boys to beg a supposed PDP member to join his party. Your useless party was in GEJ's home a few months ago to lure him with your party's presidential form. The current PDP presidential candidate was in your party just a few years ago. What did you, a mere online urchin, do about it? And what can you do about it anyway? Absolutely nothing than defending criminality. Anything they throw at you, you defend like a f00l, including those that makes absolutely no sense.

Let this sink into you, sensible Nigerians no longer give a f**k about your APC-PDP analysis. If your campaign strategy is to tell us what PDP did in 16 years, you're merely wasting your time and you should return your BMC money to whoever paid you.

6 Likes

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by viodemus: 5:09am On Sep 18, 2022
This looks like some kind of combustion and exhaust system. I see three chambers, I can't tell, but it seems like each combustion chamber has it's own exhaust system. I also can't tell if one exhaust chamber can handle all three combustion capacity running at 90% each. I think that because that will tell me how much capacity and efficient the system is.

Overall, this looks like a continuous condensing exhaust system. If it is, that's good because it can handle more capacity. One of those combustion and exhaust chamber is like a generator.

How much capacity is that system? If we already have gas, I suspect that one of the combustion and exhaust chamber (if that's what I think it is) can serve three streets at 10 houses per street. And that's if that's every house is running all their appliances.

Overall, we need to be seeing 1000 of this a month for the whole year, while they invest in other forms of generating electricity.

To conclude in my opinion, this is weak

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by olaolaking: 5:10am On Sep 18, 2022
MasterJayJay:

Few months to go, that's when Buhari remembers he will buy transformers.
You just come out to dish out ignorance. Please tell us your knowledge about Power Engineering because won't like to engage people who don't know a thing other than surface analysis
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by toxtimmy: 5:10am On Sep 18, 2022
Nigeria is will never change at this rate.... Some Nigerian takes picture of something itn a trailer truck and tells other nigerians to thank Buhari, I'm not a shrink but this is madness.

Meanwhile Buhari for almost 8 years have 24/7 NEPA in his residence paid for by all nigerians.

The fucken joke is on you.

joelbooks:

https://twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1571176975191900164

2 Likes

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Godi25(m): 5:15am On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

If you don't know something all you need to do is ask. You are displaying the same ignorance that led Obi to Egypt.

Ur level of ignorance on power generation is really mind blowing. Humble urself n learn

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2023: Tinubu/Shettima-NAIRAXI Transit Card Opens Portal, Commence Registration / Saraki’s Loyalists To Rubbish Buhari’s Ministerial List As Rivals Plot His Remov / Akiolu: #EndSARS Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace - Oba Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.