Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,776 members, 7,831,495 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria (35112 Views)

$2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria / 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract / Usman Gur Mohammed Sacked Over N781bn Siemens Power Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by kayperry: 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2022
SaLongs1:
MAGA tears they say are very sweet. I will pick Anambra state over Kwara any day or time in terms of any progress.

The conparison is Peter Obi led govt vs Saraki govt ...
your opinion is highly irrelevant, achievement/records are on Saraki side.

I am really looking forward to intellects in Obedient camp for proper issue based arguement not all these naive supporters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Frezhkid10(m): 3:00pm On Sep 18, 2022
MasterJayJay:

Transformer is needed for transmission not for GENERATION. Even a secondary school student should know that.

See your audacity of ignorance!! Pathetic!!
It is you that is ignorant…don’t you know that the current genco available in the country is currently under producing due to in efficient transmission system by the TCN…the gencos are all running below their installed capacity…
The problem starts from TCN!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by ElSudani: 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2022
Demolakay:

And to ur gullible self, Dangote refinery must b d only refinery DAT must exist ND function.

Dangote refinery will b d one catering to our petrol needs,Wenever we need it.

Go to countries,where crude oil is in large quantities ,d least number of refineries dey av is 8. infact dey are even refining for export. eg Morocco, Algeria, Venezuela, Russia,Iran etc.

Wen peter Obi said he will allow private sector involvement in d refining business, he was talking Abt opening up d sector to more investors, or u want d monopolistic tendencies of Dangote to continue? How many Oda private refineries aside frm DAT of Dangote is fully functional nd running NW?

Ur d one Wu is bereft of sense nd ideas.because ur a Batist supporter u refuse to reason properly. well nt surprised dats d Hallmark of Batist supporters. Dey donate deir brain at d point of being admitted into d Agbado nd Cassava crew.

Ur senselessness is irritating me.

Zombie, is that what deduced from what I wrote, that Dangote refinery must be the only one? If Dangote is building a refinery shouldn't your brain tell you that the private sector is already involved in building refineries?
Who told you Dangote is the only one with a license to build a refinery?
Is Dangote an agent of the government of Nigeria?
I am tired of replying these low IQ zombidients.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by maasoap(m): 3:03pm On Sep 18, 2022
MasterJayJay:

See them celebrating transformer. Does transformer generate electricity?

Some Nigerians love suffering. You are not enjoying stable power and you are insulting Peter Obi that traveled to Egypt to study how their power infrastructure improved.

You are as clueless as your Oga, Peter Peter Obi. You ignorantly assumed that generation of power is the only problem we have as far as power availablity is concerned. Ignorance at its peak!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by maasoap(m): 3:06pm On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

No, Buhari wanted the transformers so folks like you can hug them, ode.

grin grin grin
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by maasoap(m): 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2022
JOemmy:
Impressive buhari is really doing something tangible in the power sector but I will still never like him because of all the thausands of innocent souls he wasted.

Buhari didn't waste any souls, Nigerians are wasting the souls of one another.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by maasoap(m): 3:12pm On Sep 18, 2022
EmiLoKanMyAss:
You see how you just shot yourself on the foot? After Dasuki and co.. were arrested by the Buhari government what happened next?
Meanwhile immediately we elected Buhari, Animals started SWALLOWING MONEY every where.. And as if that wasn't enough, N105.7b’ went missing.. again yet another N3.1b went missing in Ministry of Finance.. and so many more.. OR do you want me to remind you that of HE appointee the AGF ? If I should borrow your statement, I guess I would be right to say it' was Buhari who took those money from the central bank and gave it to all of the people that stole it.. Una sense no dey ever complete..

You should be ashamed of yourselves talking about GEJ that way, the same GEJ that the APC as a party threw mud at and yet bought a presidential form for.. Baba , you still dey learn and that is the more reason you are based whiist playing tribal politics of bitterness and salvaging you from it is a total waste of time.

We're talking about 2 billion dollars Jonathan wasted on his re-election, you're talking about 105 + 3 billion naira. Grow small brain now!
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by SaLongs1(m): 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2022
kayperry:

The conparison is Peter Obi led govt vs Saraki govt ...
your opinion is highly irrelevant, achievement/records are on Saraki side.

I am really looking forward to intellects in Obedient camp for proper issue based arguement not all these naive supporters.Can you govern a state properly and the state still remains backwards... what kind of dissociation is that

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by excess4luv: 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:
This is what Obi went to Egypt to understudy. The other day he wanted to allow private sector to build refineries, I started to wonder if the single largest industrial undertaking in Africa being done by the Dangote group is what?
Obi is bereft of ideas and dangerously out of touch.

Last last you go dey alright
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Timmi: 3:21pm On Sep 18, 2022
MasterJayJay:

Some Nigerians love suffering. You are not enjoying stable power and you are insulting Peter Obi that traveled to Egypt to study how their power infrastructure improved.

National grid under APC can be likened to a married man suffering from erectile dysfunction. We have lost count how many times the national grid has failed.

We need a quantum leap in solving the power problems of Nigeria.

Egypt added 25,000 megawatts (MW) of new power stations to their national electricity grid during the period from June 2014 to June 2018. Got that? 25,000 MW in just 4 years.

In October 2018, project consortium partners Siemens, Elsewedy Electric and Orascom Construction officially unveiled one of the largest combined cycle megaprojects in Beni Suef,
Egypt. The teams completed three plants totalling 14,400 MW in a record time of 27.5 months at the cost of €6 billion.

Buhari has been in power for 7 years +, how many megawatts has been added? He keeps borrowing and borrowing with no tangible thing to show for it. Some of you are like victim of ponzi schemes. Can't you see APC has scammed you for the past 7 years?

Peter Obi is looking for solutions to transform Nigeria, while others are looking for how to be in power.

Few months to go, that's when Buhari remembers he will buy transformers.

OBIZOMBIE
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Wwwq: 3:32pm On Sep 18, 2022
Oh
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Charly68: 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2022
Let us keep our fingers crossed till election time.. no room for excuse anymore
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Perfectbeing(m): 3:40pm On Sep 18, 2022
MasterJayJay:

National grid under APC can be likened to a married man suffering from erectile dysfunction. We have lost count how many times the national grid has failed.

We need a quantum leap in solving the power problems of Nigeria.

Egypt added 25,000 megawatts (MW) of new power stations to their national electricity grid during the period from June 2014 to June 2018. Got that? 25,000 MW in just 4 years.

In October 2018, project consortium partners Siemens, Elsewedy Electric and Orascom Construction officially unveiled one of the largest combined cycle megaprojects in Beni Suef,
Egypt. The teams completed three plants totalling 14,400 MW in a record time of 27.5 months at the cost of €6 billion.

Buhari has been in power for 7 years +, how many megawatts has been added? He keeps borrowing and borrowing with no tangible thing to show for it. Some of you are like victim of ponzi schemes. Can't you see APC has scammed you for the past 7 years?

Peter Obi is looking for solutions to transform Nigeria, while others are looking for how to be in power.

Few months to go, that's when Buhari remembers he will buy transformers.
I've said it before, 90% of Obidients started following politics the day PO left PDP to Labour. Check the history of this transformer.
This transformer was being built since 2018, and it was 2022 that was the stipulated time for completion.

Also about the borrowed loans, don't be among the crowd talking about the loans. Actively do your own research. The loans are not being wasted.

Condemning things you don't know about doesn't tell good about your education.

https://www.icirnigeria.org/siemens-deal-ongoing-with-7000mw-projects-network-expansion-fg-says/

https://www.dmo.gov.ng/facts-about-chinese-loans-to-nigeria

2 Likes

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Perfectbeing(m): 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2022
EmiLoKanMyAss:
The same government that promised her citizens uninterrupted power supply with 6 months saying it wasn't a rocket science.. mtcheew!
Everybody thinks solving Nigeria's problem is not rocket science until they get there.

That's the mistake PO is making now. He's making the problem of Nigeria look easy to solve. If he ever gets there his eyes will clear.
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by MasterJayJay: 3:45pm On Sep 18, 2022
Perfectbeing:
I've said it before, 90% of Obidients started following politics the day PO left PDP to Labour. Check the history of this transformer.
This transformer was being built since 2018, and it was 2022 that was the stipulated time for completion.

Also about the borrowed loans, don't be among the crowd talking about the loans. Actively do your own research. The loans are not being wasted.

Condemning things you don't know about doesn't tell good about your education.

https://www.icirnigeria.org/siemens-deal-ongoing-with-7000mw-projects-network-expansion-fg-says/

https://www.dmo.gov.ng/facts-about-chinese-loans-to-nigeria

You want to throw a shade? Other countries spent 4 years to get 20,000 megawatts. But you are rejoicing that your country spent 4 years to get only transformer.

Clap for yourself.
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by paulobi: 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2022
Ayekotoo:

Nigeria is done for experiment. She doesn't need lily-livered inexperienced leader this time around but hands on leader who had initiated a similar project regardless of the size of the project. Tell us what he did in anabra over power issue.

Power is within the exclusive list and nothing any state government can do in terms of power generation, transmission and distribution.
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Perfectbeing(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2022
JOemmy:
Impressive buhari is really doing something tangible in the power sector but I will still never like him because of all the thausands of innocent souls he wasted.
Sometimes I ask people if they feel down in their heart really think that a sitting President will be happy seeing bloodshed in his country..
Do you actually believe that Buhari is don't want APC to continue in power? Do you really think that Buhari is happy about death in his Government?

I really hope PO wins next year. You guys will start justifying PO's flaws..
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Perfectbeing(m): 3:58pm On Sep 18, 2022
MasterJayJay:

You want to throw a shade? Other countries spent 4 years to get 20,000 megawatts. But you are rejoicing that your country spent 4 years to get only transformer.

Clap for yourself.
Things happened that you may never know about before those 4 years that Egypt increased their generation by 20,000 MW. It was not the first day of the first year that Egypt started that plan.

In 2006, Tinubu went to China to woo Chinese investors to build this new Lekki seaport. It is in 2022 (16 years later) that it became visible. What does that tell you?
Things does not happen in one day. Things of this magnitude takes time.

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Benrosaria(m): 4:02pm On Sep 18, 2022
What’s inside this fourth generation used box
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Demolakay: 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2022
ElSudani:

Zombie, is that what deduced from what I wrote, that Dangote refinery must be the only one? If Dangote is building a refinery shouldn't your brain tell you that the private sector is already involved in building refineries?
Who told you Dangote is the only one with a license to build a refinery?
Is Dangote an agent of the government of Nigeria?
I am tired of replying these low IQ zombidients.

ur a dunderhead!

i simply reply ur jaundiced bias write up.
D fact DAT d private sector is already involved does not make peter Obi statement invalid. yes! the private sector is involved, bt at wat level? how large or how significant is deir involvement?

If I can remember, dere are lyk 6-7 private refineries being Built,bt only Dangote is given d attention nd paparazzi.
BUA industries is also building one in Akwa-Ibom.

Dangote is already planning on monopolizing d sector by bribing some senators to insert into some aspect of d petroleum bill, to allow him significant quota of refiners contribution to d national output.

Obi statement is vry valid. wat shld worry u is, why ur principal has refused to come on media to tell Nigerians wat his plans are for d country.
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Talawaka: 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2022
viodemus:
This looks like some kind of combustion and exhaust system. I see three chambers, I can't tell, but it seems like each combustion chamber has it's own exhaust system. I also can't tell if one exhaust chamber can handle all three combustion capacity running at 90% each. I think that because that will tell me how much capacity and efficient the system is.

Overall, this looks like a continuous condensing exhaust system. If it is, that's good because it can handle more capacity. One of those combustion and exhaust chamber is like a generator.

How much capacity is that system? If we already have gas, I suspect that one of the combustion and exhaust chamber (if that's what I think it is) can serve three streets at 10 houses per street. And that's if that's every house is running all their appliances.

Overall, we need to be seeing 1000 of this a month for the whole year, while they invest in other forms of generating electricity.

To conclude in my opinion, this is weak

Your post got me thinking about the need to drill down further. Thanks.

Here is what I culled from Siemens' website.

These power transformers will be part of the first batch of major equipment delivered to Nigeria from Siemens Energy as part of the PPI. With a total capacity of 720MVA this equipment will provide approximately four million households across Nigeria with better energy access.

The overall impact of the PPI is expected to be significant, benefitting homes, communities, businesses, and industry. Local installation work is expected to create and enable jobs for engineering professionals, artisans, as well as small and medium-sized businesses. There are thousands of transformers, hundreds of distribution substations to be upgraded and built, and more than 20 transmission substations to be executed across Nigeria in phase 1 alone.

Source: https://www.siemens-energy.com/mea/en/news/magazine/first-batch-of-major-ppi.html

Image included below shows One of the Mega transformers after factory acceptance test at Siemens factory in Trento Italy.
Source: https://www.icirnigeria.org/siemens-fg-power-project-mega-transformers-to-arrive-september-minister/

1 Like

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Ckonnet: 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2022
So abba killed himself because of ordinary transformer, woow!!
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2022
We need to ask Obi if these are the types of transformer they use in Egypt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by TimmyA: 5:57pm On Sep 18, 2022
As at then power was on the exclusive list which gives only the federal government the power to dictate the power business
Ayekotoo:

Nigeria is done for experiment. She doesn't need lily-livered inexperienced leader this time around but hands on leader who had initiated a similar project regardless of the size of the project. Tell us what he did in anambra over power issue.
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Buckeyemedia1: 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2022
Ckonnet:
So abba killed himself because of ordinary transformer, woow!!
Mumus, Jesus of PHCN, just the same way the Mumu told them ipobians that he had gone to Cairo on a 3 day crash course electricity symposium.
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by viodemus: 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2022
Talawaka:

Your post got me thinking about the need to drill down further. Thanks.

Here is what I culled from Siemens' website.

Source: https://www.siemens-energy.com/mea/en/news/magazine/first-batch-of-major-ppi.html

Image included below shows One of the Mega transformers after factory acceptance test at Siemens factory in Trento Italy.
Source: https://www.icirnigeria.org/siemens-fg-power-project-mega-transformers-to-arrive-september-minister/

Oh okay. Thank you for more clarity. I wasn't sure and was lazy to research.

The FG need to figure it out, have the right experts to represent the best intrest in the project,and have the right equipments and personnel to maintain it. . As for me, am speaking more from a mechanical background, so am thinking thermodynamics in this case.

So it seems these are wet transformers that can with stand high heat, because I see those short exhaust lines, and the closeness to the other exhaust lines; these cannot be stationed in the midst of residential areas, and if already there, homes and businesses cannot be built around it. I don't know their threshold. These are medium size in the industrial strength scope, one giveaway is the length of the exhaust protrusion.
I think that can also be said of dry type transformers of this size.

I don't know if it's a step up or step down. It seems like a step down because of the exhaust system behind. to disperse the heat of the coils.

Whether in distribution or generation, they are moving at a slow pace. They need to choose a power generation mode, build the necessary infrastructure, and buy the right equipments for it, bring the right builders and hire the right maintenance personnels that are willing to be disciplined to know about it, earn while you help and learn.
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by david22uu(m): 7:27pm On Sep 18, 2022
drlateef:

Peter Obi was one of those who destroyed NIGERIA in PDP. If you have forgotten we have not forgotten. Buhari has been trying, though it’s not good enough. But we must commend him when he has done a good thing. Peter Obi is a neophyte in politics and governance. He left no legacy in Anambra and wants to lead NIGERIA Mtcheww!!!

You see the problem I have with you Agbado supporters

You don't read and you jump into conclusions

I never mention Peter obi, but I think it's your problem.. seems the man is giving you guys sleepless night..
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by callbackaugust6(m): 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2022
He gave u a detailed analysis on how Egypt added 25,000MW to there national . Counter him back by providing megawatt Buhari added since 7yrs+.

What is wrong with his observation is that he doesn't recognize the transformers as one of the major equipment needed to strengthen the national grid which is in a terrible shape. Nigeria can generate 25,000 megawatts today and it wouldn't make any difference unless the national grid is fixed and that is what the Buhari government is doing with the help of Siemens. This is what Obi went to Egypt to understudy.
Incidentally, Siemens is also involved with the Egyptian scheme.
[/quote]
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Magnoliaa(f): 8:06pm On Sep 18, 2022
kayperry:
You couldnt even quote proper had to edit for yu,yet it is people like you that chant "incompetence" the most.

Donald trump revived america economy better than his predecesssor buh wasnt deem worthy of 2nd term, saraki was an instance not the focus buh need i remind you saraki had a complete tenure of 8yrs, literally that is more than enough.

After 8yrs ki lo tun ku, o to ge is not about saraki governance rather it is about the sarakis dynasty rule in kwara.

infact if you must know Peter Obi is no match for Saraki when it comes to progressive reasoning/ideology, i will pick saraki govt over peter obi record anyday anytime

I know your mgbeke self will start feeling fly say I dey quote you dey talk about you, but no yawa. It is what it is. grin

See pocohantas. The highlighted green part, for instance, is literally him typing normally with a good flow of English (not spelling). Then the remaining part is nonsense English. His choice of words *sometimes* do not match the whole dumbo person he tries to portray. You cannot know some registry of words for a social/an educational class.

I have noticed the mismatch a number of times.
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Executer: 8:07pm On Sep 18, 2022
Koralords:
Truth be told the power situation has improved,my kid sis told me they had light uninterrupted for a week and at least we have light over 18 hours daily now
It's the rainy season bro,it's nothing new.
Power generation usually ups during the rainy seasons.
It's nothing new
Just watch and see
Hope you're not thinking it's the transformers lol
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 8:10pm On Sep 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:

I know your mgbeke self will start feeling fly say I dey quote you dey talk about you, but no yawa. It is what it is. grin

See pocohantas. The highlighted green part, for instance, is literally him typing normally with a good flow of English (not spelling). Then the remaining part is nonsense English. His choice of words *sometimes* do not match the whole dumbo person he tries to portray. You cannot know some registry of words for a social/an educational class.

I have noticed the mismatch a number of times.

Nah, he isn’t uneducated. But he isn’t smart either. However, he must be a very sly person to have maintained two different personalities for years. This is why I would always pick the most active vile person over a supposed good person with multiple monikers.

Many of them spread their personalities across various handles. Going through his other account, it is same nonsense. Attacking people and calling on mods. He is even more stupid there. Only a “better” English.
Re: FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria by Magnoliaa(f): 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2022
pocohantas:
Many of them spread their personalities across various handles. Going through his other account, it is same nonsense. Attacking people and calling on mods. He is even more stupid there. Only a “better” English.

A legion better describes them. Different people in one person. There's one called Satannist too and all of them just have... I don't even know. It is honestly hecking confusing to me sometimes too. I see one moniker I am SURE is his, and I start seeing a different kind of story from ones he posts on other accounts.

I am 80% certain that born2winnx dude that quoted you this afternoon is the Satannist. And he has numerous monikers from GraciousGod190 to anyawuokoma to tunero5000 (and any variations of 'tunero' that you see on this NL).

Born2winnxx and I had a clash once, and he started quoting me with those monikers on the same thread, not a minute late. Na from there I know say, skosko don enter am. From being a corper to a married man whose in-laws want to sponsor his wedding to a teenager cutting tickets at a bus-stop who got his teen girlfriend pregnant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PHOTOS- Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Traffic Spots In Lagos / Premium Times Apologises For Misleading Nigerians About Miyetti Allah / Wike Gives Out His Expensive Designer Suit, Again (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.