Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,912 members, 7,952,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:54 PM

Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? (49901 Views)

My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / See Me See Wahala. Please What Did I Do Wrong Here? / Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Lexusgs430: 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:
A teen in my compound has a problem with body odor. several times she come to my house left the air smelling so stale and rotten, i noticed her younger sister had same issue too.

i couldn't take it anymore, it was so bad and i was afraid she might be mocked in the future if nothing is done to combat it.

i asked her if she ever heard about roll-on or antiperspirant, she replied NO! shocked and this is someone using an iphone and changes clothing periodically. shocked

i gave her my antiperspirant and taught her the need to use it daily as most of the odor comes from her armpit. i told her point blank she doesn't smell nice, her face changed somehow as if i insulted her and she left.

i saw her today and she walked passed me while i was trying to talk to her.

did i do wrong ? children of these days.

When she walked past you, was she still smelling like rotten eggs. ............. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by rickleye: 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:
A teen in my compound has a problem with body odor. several times she come to my house left the air smelling so stale and rotten, i noticed her younger sister had same issue too.

i couldn't take it anymore, it was so bad and i was afraid she might be mocked in the future if nothing is done to combat it.

i asked her if she ever heard about roll-on or antiperspirant, she replied NO! shocked and this is someone using an iphone and changes clothing periodically. shocked

i gave her my antiperspirant and taught her the need to use it daily as most of the odor comes from her armpit. i told her point blank she doesn't smell nice, her face changed somehow as if i insulted her and she left.

You did not wrong . Its all in the delivery. I've had all sorts .. Bad breath, Vagina odour, armpit odour . Most of it could be resolved if friends would tell the truth.
If you really care about the relationship. Invite her to your place and tell her you are sorry you offended her but that you just have her best interest at heart. Someone inform you at a certain time you had odour and that you are paying it forward. You not only roll on but you shave when necessary .

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by pocohantas(f): 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

U did nothing wrong, someone needs to tell her the truth...I use to smell like a rotten fish too till d day I was insulted inside bus.. pls if u are still using Eva soap, stop it immediately..buy her gifts of good soap, perfume and anti persperant

Glad to read this. Thought it was my nose messing with me. Never met anyone that uses that soap and doesn’t smell funny
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by jeromestarks: 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

That's how many of them fall in the wrong hands; they don't know who is trying to help them and who is trying to destroy them.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by sharpwriter(m): 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2022
Cutehector:
The female gender will always have issues in taking corrections. Their stubbornness will lead them to error.

These days i am even tired in dealing with ladies. You can hardly meet just one woman who would accept corrections. Hardly.

Even that op that is making noise up there, if someone corrects her, i am sure she will still carry face for the person.
You know them well cheesy
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by dinkyicon: 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

U did nothing wrong, someone needs to tell her the truth...I use to smell like a rotten fish too till d day I was insulted inside bus.. pls if u are still using Eva soap, stop it immediately..buy her gifts of good soap, perfume and anti persperant
i know alot of people that uses eva soap and they still smell nice. Eva soap wasn't the problem
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by bizzibodi(m): 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2022
Teenage gals undergoing puberty always have that nasty she-goat smell,I doubt if they themselves ever notice,bathing with germicidal soap & leaving the lather on the armpit scrotch to dry help in killing d bacterial responsible.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Amayabor1: 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

Please, what's wrong with eva soap?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Freshgrace4life(f): 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

Is not a matter of children of these days , even though the person were to be an adult he or she will feel offended by the way you passed the message , , there are many ways you could have told her about it by coming down to her level.

Most times body odours are caused by the body creams we use or probably she might even be on her period . That's why I also emphasize on personal hygiene to my younger ones to avoid this kind of embarrassment from outsiders ,they would be thinking my own is too much but I thank God that I never gave up on them and they are all doing better now.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2022
...... Why should it be Ginaz that will buy her nice toiletries while she is using an iPhone?
The op has done noble by telling her what is wrong with her and also gifting her what she can to help out. Therefore it's left for her to do the needful.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Ginaz(f): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2022
Str8talk21:
Young lady, be careful on what type of advice you are seeking for here, because I can see that there are lots of retards on dis platform who have little or nothing in their pea-sized brain.

First of all, I want to believe you have parents close by, and if yes, you could have seek for advice first from them. If not, did you try to do research on your own before telling her she needs to be using deodorant?

On method of delivery of the advice, for me it's rather inappropriate,too blunt and rash. A subtle and kind method would have been better so that you don't hurt her spirit. Just, like you said, she's far junior to you, but unfortunately you didn't take her as your little sister. The way you drop those words to her is what killed her spirit.

Now, causes of any human being having an unusual body odor varies.
It could be after birth, not being well cleaned immediately after birth.
It could be as a result of low level hygiene, high metabolism rate, sweaty skin glands, not having bath immediately after sweating profusely, etc

As remedy, meet her and try to talk to her and apologize to her on the way your advice/message/observation was conveyed to her.

Then in the actual remedy, advice her to start bathing with this black soap, they called "DUDU OSUN" it is green/sky blue in packaging, but soap is black, though expensive, but hey... nothing is too much for a remedy here.
Let her try it for 3months with proper hygiene and let's see the result.

i went out all my way to tell her what i felt she needed to know. and i don't like the way I'm feeling like i was being wicked by my actions. i educated her a lot of things before i told her she doesn't smell nice.

i didn't want to tell her in the first place. well, hopefully someone would teach her better in the future if i didn't do so.

i won't get closed to her or teach nothing, I don't have the willingness anymore. I'm a bit of an introvert , it took a lot for me to do so.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by detectivejones: 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2022
If you had pointed it out to her subtlely she would have still given you attitude. Teens these days find it difficult in taking correction, just ignore her. BTW ignore those condemning what you did. The world would have been better if we were honest with others.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Badfinga: 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

What's wrong with Eva soap?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Kentuforchrist(m): 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

Eva soap?? Lol,my best soap
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

How did you know it was Eva soap?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by BubblingB(m): 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

What is with Eva soap abeg? For a fair guy, recommend a good soap please
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

i went out all my way to tell her what i felt she needed to know. and i don't like the way I'm feeling like i was being wicked by my actions. i educated her a lot of things before i told her she doesn't smell nice.

i didn't want to tell her in the first place. well, hopefully someone would teach her better in the future if i didn't do so.

i won't get closed to her or teach nothing, I don't have the willingness anymore. I'm a bit of an introvert , it took a lot for me to do so.
..... Lol. Maybe you should have knelt down to tell her. Rubbish.

You did the right thing.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by BATified2023: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

u didn’t pass d message right

U are already close to her u can use d advantage to get her things she will use n compel her to use it instead of saying it to her face that she doesn’t smell nice
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by bahdpersona(m): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

please, tell me the name of the perspirant, I would like to use it too. I really don't know much about personal hygiene, I think this is an opportunity.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Ginaz(f): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2022
[quote author=Freshgrace4life post=116889359] Is not a matter of children of these days , even though the person were to be an adult he or she will feel offended by the way you passed the message , , there are many ways you could have told her about it by coming down to her level.

i won't tell her nothing as from today. someone else would do so in the future, hopefully better than i supposedly did.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Slymonster(m): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2022
For your peace of mind. It is good you told her,nothing annoying than all your furniture smelling because of one person.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by imagrg(m): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2022
Then how do you tell a girl politely that her kpekus stinks if you observe it does?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2022
What does iPhone has to do with this issue
So everyone using an iPhone now na big person for public
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Lyifycherry: 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2022
Don't mind her, ignore her totally and u will see her coming back to u after she gets disgraced outside.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Tobithefirst(m): 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

pls I use eva soap what is wrong with it
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:29pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

people cannot swallow the truth especially these GenZ. Imagine a person being upset because she doesn’t want to be told she smells. Theres one like that in my church. Mojisola. And she likes to carry body near person. Her married older sister has same issue too
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by bakila: 9:30pm On Sep 21, 2022
We need to thank him for getting the job done. He will improve and we hope she improve and in smell in places as well.

goodamerican:
Telling her she didn't smell nice, acting shocked when she said she had never heard of antiperspirant, giving her an antiperspirant you've used ― all make your approach seem offensive and like you were mocking her. You probably presented your message in these manner, so you can't blame her for not greeting you. This is a sensitive something, meaning your words AND your body language have to be kind, otherwise the individual will take offense.

Imo, If I'm going to do something like this, I'll probably buy a gift set of some sort beforehand: consisting of some yummy-smelling soap, body wash, sponge, shaving stuff, antiperspirant, etc. Then, when next I see her, I would sit her down, start by saying I care (telling her this first will let her know I'm not trying to offend), then tell her I often perceive an odor from her. At this point, she would likely ask what kind of odor, then I would tell her in a gentle way, then bring out the gift set and tell her how to use them.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by lagosrd: 9:30pm On Sep 21, 2022
What you dis wrong was not minding your business.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by remsonik(f): 9:31pm On Sep 21, 2022
You passed the right message but not in the right way that pleases her. Next time study her type of person well and mind her character or the present state she is at that moment before you tell her point blank that she has body odour.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Ginaz(f): 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2022
bahdpersona:
please, tell me the name of the perspirant, I would like to use it too. I really don't know much about personal hygiene, I think this is an opportunity.

I've forgotten the one i gave her but i could recommend a very effective one for you and it's cheaper too. stops underarm sweating 100%, eradicate odour , keeps you fresher 24hrs. I've bought ones of 3k, 2k but this one is surprisingly more effective than the rest.

"passion classic antiperspirant "

bath with organic soap. i use avila intense lightening soap(100% organic)

use skin friendly body creams. bath and brush twice a day. i hope these help.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
remsonik:
You passed the right message but not in the right way that pleases her. Next time study her type of person well and mind her character or the present state she is at that moment before you tell her point blank that she has body odour.
.... So assuming you are the op. How would you have passed the message?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by MarxisGLABACK: 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
MOST WOMEN I KNOW, WHEN THEY ARE CORRECTING THEMSELVES THEY USE BAD MOUTH. LIKE : MONEY WEY U DEY COLLECT U NO FIT USE AM BUY better soap & perf, nawah , Come make I carry U where u go baff well, u 2 dey smell , I no fit eat again abeg.....bla bla bla

Is the truth, but it depends on how its being passed, there's need 2 apply psychology 2 avoid stigmatisation & low esteem on the victim

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight / Can You Relate With This ? Share Your Experience ( Pics ) / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.