Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,334 members, 7,954,356 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:27 PM

Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? (3719 Views)

Lady Accuses Girl Of Dating Her Father In Benin. Confronts Her With Her Friends / Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl / Kenyan Woman Exposes Her Teacher Husband & The Student He Is Sleeping With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by Elporo(m): 1:06am On Sep 21, 2022
Premiumwriter:
Here me out first.
Going by the above statement, we know that sex doesn't hurt most minors especially those within the age bracket of (14-17).

Age of consent (if not married)
https://www.populationu.com/gen/age-of-consent-by-country

Catholic church recommends @ 16 - used to be 14 ish for marriage
https://www.canonlaw.info/a_tooyoung.htm

Sunni Mosque
Al Azhar recommends @ 18 for marriage

If married, the age of consent is null and void. As marriage is contract under the constitution; if granted will supercede the age of consent. Hence, no illegality for a married 15 year old girl having a romp with her husband.

However, no ages are recommended in the Bible or Quran for marriage.
And, the Virgin Mary recognized in the Quran as Mariam, and the Bible as Mary was betroth to Joseph.

Universal answer: It depends.
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by etrange: 1:34am On Sep 21, 2022
OP, I don't know what prompted you to create this thread, but regardless of any points raised here, please don't do it. Even if you don't care about morality, stay away from it for your safety. That said, I'm going to assume it's just a social discussion and go ahead to drop my two cents.

Yes,18 is just a number truly. However, regardless of the age adopted as the age of consent within the age bracket you've identified above, it could still be argued that it's just a number. Therefore, the law has to draw a line somewhere. The line is based on two things: maturity and dependence.

Maturity:
As you know it, sex with a girl who isn't fully mature could be injurious in more ways than one. According to biology, most girls tend to reach full sexual maturity at 15 (and 16 for boys). But just like every other aspect of nature, this number is not carved on stone. It's a plus or minus kind of thing. Therefore, to be on the safe side, our law added a couple of years to that figure to get the age of consent. This creates room for later bloomers and reduces the risk of hurting anyone. Regarding knowledge, this is continuous as we're all still learning. However, it's believed that most people have completed secondary education at that age, and therefore, understand the basic working principles of thier body. You will agree with me that having sex with a naive teen who doesn't understand the need to use protection or the importance of not doing it during her period is simply malicious.

Dependence:
18 is regarded by many nations (not all) as the age of consent (not talking about sex now). It is the age at which you could fill some legal forms without having your parents around. It is the age at which you could get a job or even live alone in some countries (admittedly, this is more about legal convenience and less about psychology). Before this age, you're denied the ability to give consent to sex based on the idea that you are not yet responsible for yourself. If you get injured, fall sick or anything of that nature, somebody else would bear the responsibility, not you. Therefore, you cannot give others consent to your body when you aren't the one that would bear the consequences. You're simply not in a position to incure liabilities for your caretakers.

As a man, having sex with a child of 15 knowing that another man (her father) would bear the consequences of your pleasure if she fell ill (either STD or cause she's not fully mature by chance) is simply inconsiderate. Even if you plan to bear responsibility for that, what choice would the girl have at that point? And from the morality point of view, you really do not want to be sleeping with a girl who should be studying for her first meaningful certificate (WASSC) knowing fully well what sex could do to her brain at that formative period. That would be wickedness especially if you've completed your own education. And please, stop comparing this to homosexuality cause these same principles apply to gay people as well. Comparing what happens between two independent adult men with what you do with a girl of 14 years who becomes helpless the moment something goes wrong is hilarious to say the least.

Thanks and ciao !

3 Likes

Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by Exxxgeee: 5:00am On Sep 21, 2022
Premiumwriter:
why should we listen to the law in this case but not in the case of homosexuality?
U can start by reporting any homosexuals in ur vicinity and see if npf wouldnt pick them up.. Nigerian police love to flex on cases like this..
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by 7buckz(m): 5:39am On Sep 21, 2022
JASONjnr:
Op said that paedophiles should come out and seek for their right.....

I will not say anything....But if you near my young child and you try nonsense with her.....I will not report you to any police.... I'll just pay boys to kidnap you...I will throw your phone away for any possible tracking ...

Then I will torture you for a very long time....Infact, you fit no survive am....

If Una wan do paedophile work...born your own child and begin to molest them...leave people children alone.
Swears try this shit my sis and the devil in my head will be manifested!

1 Like

Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by phemmyfour: 7:36am On Sep 21, 2022
Premiumwriter:
Here me out first.

I know you've jumped to conclusions already.

But sha.

Anyways, the new law we seem to be living on now is "if it doesn't hurt anyone, then it's not a crime. After all it is their body and they can do whatever they want with it".

Going by the above statement, we know that sex doesn't hurt most minors especially those within the age bracket of (14-17).

And of course, they are in a place where they can comfortably consent to sex requests.

So, according to our woke brethren, sex with minors technically should never be wrong.

Like gay people, I think pedophile should also start "coming out of the closet" and demand for their rights.

It's their body. Their choice.

Let them make movies about it until everyone start "accepting them for who they are".
Na them....they want to legalize another evil.

Tomorrow another specie will come out looking for excuse to legalize raps
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by Slynation(m): 7:52am On Sep 21, 2022
Nawa oO...
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by DaInferno(m): 8:21am On Sep 21, 2022
Premiumwriter:
Here me out first.

But sha.

Anyways, the new law we seem to be living on now is "if it doesn't hurt anyone, then it's not a crime. After all it is their body and they can do whatever they want with it".

And of course, they are in a place where they can comfortably consent to sex requests.

So, according to our woke brethren, sex with minors technically should never be wrong.

Like gay people, I think pedophile should also start "coming out of the closet" and demand for their rights.

Let them make movies about it until everyone start "accepting them for who they are".
immediately I read the first paragraph, I knew that this werey actually knows what is right from wrong. But if he seeks the opinion of people here and it falls in his favor, he thinks he might just feel better about the act undecided
A perfect example of "if I perish, I perish". Wehdone o!
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by Chris2863(m): 8:31am On Sep 21, 2022
Premiumwriter:
why should we listen to the law in this case but not in the case of homosexuality?
was there any law upholding homosexuality in Nigeria before??
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by Carndidlaydee: 8:43am On Sep 21, 2022
kkins25:
may that day never come. Even though, there are legal pedophiles up here in the north grin grin

Sharraapp.... We got paedophile everywhere. South east West North
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by Baronthecelebri: 9:20am On Sep 21, 2022
Romanoff:
Anyone before the age of 18 is pedophilia because according to the law, they haven't attained the age of consent.
then they should stay one place
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by EmmyCC: 9:26am On Sep 21, 2022
It is rape and will land you in jail.
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by Goldmaxx(f): 9:38am On Sep 21, 2022
JASONjnr:
Op said that paedophiles should come out and seek for their right.....

I will not say anything....But if you near my young child and you try nonsense with her.....I will not report you to any police.... I'll just pay boys to kidnap you...I will throw your phone away for any possible tracking ...

Then I will torture you for a very long time....Infact, you fit no survive am....

If Una wan do paedophile work...born your own child and begin to molest them...leave people children alone.
Shut up and stop being a self-righteous, hypocritical Nigerian.
I don't support pedophilia but the OP has a point.
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by Goldmaxx(f): 9:41am On Sep 21, 2022
Premiumwriter:

Na wetin gay people do na. A few decades ago it was disgusting and horrible to think about.

Today we are debating if we should allow or not allow it.

18 is just a number.

Pedophile should come out and claim their rights.

And then people who wanna walk around naked.

Then those who desire to sleep with animals

And then those fathers and daughters who are in love with each other.

We can go round the circle of madness
Exactly. That one is 18 doesn't mean one is wise. Puberty starts by 11 or 12. That means girls can carry pregnancy at that point.
I don't see why a 15 years old can't consent to sex.
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by Goldmaxx(f): 9:41am On Sep 21, 2022
MufasaLion:

You really can't compare homosexuals to pedophilias.
Differentiate both.
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by Goldmaxx(f): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

a 17yr old having sex with a 16yr old (or even 15 yr old), is not pedophilia... it is a bit too early, but not abnormal in today's terms.
the problem of pedophilia is when an adult specifically seeks to have sex with someone underage.
And who set the parameters for what age is underage?
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by Cowbell521: 9:59am On Sep 21, 2022
Premiumwriter:
Here me out first.

But sha.

You should be thrown in jail
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by Cowbell521: 10:00am On Sep 21, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

a 17yr old having sex with a 16yr old (or even 15 yr old), is not pedophilia... it is a bit too early, but not abnormal in today's terms.
the problem of pedophilia is when an adult specifically seeks to have sex with someone underage.
Tell the mumu guy..... Parents... Watch ur kids

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by Cowbell521: 10:02am On Sep 21, 2022
Allison012:
OP, i understand you.
Since LGBTQ says it their sexuality and it hurt nobody then they are good to go. As for the peodophilia since it hurt nobody then you are good to go. If the girl want to have sex with you do it. It's called CONSENSUAL PEODOPHILIA since it hurt no one. but if you do it by for force, then, it's called RAPE PEODOPHILIA and the latter punishable(you will be punished severly).

They should fight for their right, everybody is entitled to his/her body.

Make the madness start.
You deserve jail
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by imagrg(m): 10:36am On Sep 21, 2022
Is this law applicable in the North?

I'm asking because one 62 years old Alhaji is keeping a 15 years old girl in the house as wife right now.
Romanoff:
Anyone before the age of 18 is pedophilia because according to the law, they haven't attained the age of consent.
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by Romanoff(f): 10:36am On Sep 21, 2022
imagrg:
Is this law applicable in the North?

I'm asking because one 62 years old Alhaji is keeping a 15 years old girl in the house as wife right now.

If he's in the north, Sharia law shields pedophiles.

1 Like

Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by kkins25(m): 3:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
Carndidlaydee:

Sharraapp.... We got paedophile everywhere. South east West North
There are criminals everywhere. Even so, levels they. Mind you, pedophiles, in the south, are frowned upon even among "village" people.
Go to northern kaduna, kano, kastina, etc. then come back and come let me lend you sense. Are you d same candidlady?
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:43pm On Sep 21, 2022
Goldmaxx:
And who set the parameters for what age is underage?

A) the law of the country/state where you reside
B) common sense

1 Like

Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by Sammy101111(m): 4:46pm On Sep 21, 2022
Nonsense 40years in prison pedophiles
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by Goldmaxx(f): 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

A) the law of the country/state where you reside
B) common sense
So what's the age of consent in Nigeria according to the 'law'?
Re: Is Sleeping With A Girl Of 15 Pedophilia? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2022
Goldmaxx:
So what's the age of consent in Nigeria according to the 'law'?

remember, when you are talking about this issue of age of consent, you cant just say "the age of consent is 15/16 or 17yrs old therefore any grandpa can have sex with a person of that age".... but instead you must look at A) the age of both participant, B) the difference in age etc.

sadly, anywhere around the world today, parents can marry off their children as young as 10/11/12 (and even younger) to adult men, like it happens in most states in the US, so long as you have a parental or judicial waiver.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Only: Lover Or Provider Personality / What Are Married Men And Women Looking For In Romance Section Of Nairaland? / She Said She Is Disappointed At Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.