Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? (62796 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / Is My Decision Right Or Wrong / Will I Regret My Decision Later On In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by holysaint1(m): 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:
My 17 years old brought shame to me last year she got pregnant, I have disowned her and sent her packing. She is staying with her boyfriend in his family home.

She gave birth 5 months ago she has been sick ever since she had the baby and the boyfriend doesn't have any money to take care of her. Plus the living condition is not suitable for her in her condition.

I have forgiven her and I want to take her back home so I can take her to the hospital for treatment but I don't want her to come with her baby. Please note there is only me and my 7 years old son at home. I work and my son goes to school till 5pm.

I don't have time to babysit the baby.
I want the father to take care of his child while I take care of mine.
I hope my decision is not bad?

First things first, the thought of her leaving her 5 month old child in the care of another being other than herself or hers won't sound well to her. Hence she might reject any offer that doesn't include her child in the picture, if it comes down to that.
secondly, I would advice you to pls forgive her. This has happened to a very close family member of mine, and instead of showing her vile and hate like you did, we embraced her; regardless of her faults. And everything worked out for good in the long run. Hence, I will advice that you overlook her faults. It's quite hard especially without her mum's care. But its what we do for family.

Accept the kid and see how you all as a family can work things out for good. Believe me when I say it's going to be alright in the long run.

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Saidu22(m): 9:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:
My 17 years old brought shame to me last year she got pregnant, I have disowned her and sent her packing. She is staying with her boyfriend in his family home.

She gave birth 5 months ago she has been sick ever since she had the baby and the boyfriend doesn't have any money to take care of her. Plus the living condition is not suitable for her in her condition.

I have forgiven her and I want to take her back home so I can take her to the hospital for treatment but I don't want her to come with her baby. Please note there is only me and my 7 years old son at home. I work and my son goes to school till 5pm.

Whether u accept her or not, she's your daughter and the child is ur gran child. Is at your own negligence that ur daughter fell into a bad company which led her to where she found herself today. Go n pick them out.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by shineeye1: 9:34pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

" I don't have time to babysit the baby.
I want the father to take care of his child while I take care of mine"

What about the mother who wants to take care of her own too?

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by BRATISLAVA: 9:35pm On Sep 22, 2022
hope4nigeria:
so she and baby should go and die because she make mistake. You are worse than bokoharam

Are they dying? They're living with her lover. You're the one implying he's a book Haram lover by saying that living with him is a death sentence.

Sometimes people need to learn their lessons. Life isn't all about actions with no consequences. That's why when people commit crimes they are sent to jail.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

My 7 years old doesn't stay alone at home he go to after school lessons I pick him up at 5pm Mon to thrusday we go home together , on Friday his mother pick him up he stay with her for weekend.
My daughter is sick i have seen her picture that her boyfriend father has sent to me and i couldnt hold my tears .
she urgently needs medical care and I want her to be stress free her health is very important for me the baby has her father and her father people who can take care of her while I am taking care of mine.
I rather bring her home alone and do my best as a father for her to get well because if anything happen to her I will never forgive myself.

You want to abandon a 5 month old to the mercies of people you barely know.. No shaking, if your daughter accepts such, that means wickedness runs in your blood....
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by LalastiklaIa(m): 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

I will tell you a story my General overseer told the youths sometime ago.

There was a professor in the university who had a very intelligent and beautiful daughter. And there was an unserious boy in her class let us call him Alaba.
One way or the other Alaba manoeuvres his way into sleeping with and impregnating this professor's precious daughter.

When it was time to deliver the baby. The professor took his daughter to the hospital and waited eagerly for her to give birth. All the while he was waiting he was just pacing to and fro in the hospital and then the news finally came that his daughter has been delivered of a baby girl. He took the baby dressed it and put it in a comfortable basket drove to Alaba's house knocked his door and dropped his baby for him when he came out and zoomed off. He had already prepared Visa for his daughter and the next day he flew her abroad to continue her education.

So I support you taking your daughter and giving her care. Let those people take care of their own daughter. Don't let anyone guilt trip you sir
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Emperor88(m): 9:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

You earlier decision was stupid and I hope the government will pass it into law to punish one iresponsible parents like you. But since you have realized your mistakes and ready to correct them then big ups to you.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by ThinkSmarter: 9:58pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

My 7 years old doesn't stay alone at home he go to after school lessons I pick him up at 5pm Mon to thrusday we go home together , on Friday his mother pick him up he stay with her for weekend.
My daughter is sick i have seen her picture that her boyfriend father has sent to me and i couldnt hold my tears .
she urgently needs medical care and I want her to be stress free her health is very important for me the baby has her father and her father people who can take care of her while I am taking care of mine.
I rather bring her home alone and do my best as a father for her to get well because if anything happen to her I will never forgive myself.
don`t separate a 5month old child that is in dire need of breastfeeding and care from her mother as it amounts to killing a woman and leaving her vulnerable child.
ur grandchild keeps u from going into extinction.
The conscious universe may chose to punish youby killing ur son to avenge the poor child.
I
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Daniety(m): 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

Just remember that no body knows tomorrow
pls just accept the two of them because when there is love there is hope
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by toyinhope: 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2022
Dear sir, your daughter will need someone to look after her in her sick state. It is not ok for you to leave a sick person all alone by her self when you go to work.
This person will double as the baby sitter.
Take her back, brush her up, collect your grandchild. You might regret not accepting your blood. Let the baby know you as her granddad. You will love having the baby later in life when she add flavour to your life. Cheers!
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by fof1: 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

Decision very Wrong from the onset. A Stitch in time... her Child is ur Grandchild...Hypocrisy and High handedness was ur Problem. Whatever ur Decision...let there be Peace with both Families...Most important Pls.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by okewumi: 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2022
Let me share a story of family friend.

Their second born got pregnant during her ND1 in Ede poly. They wanted to abort but it was late when the parent took her to hospital. They warn the lady when she was dating the guy but you know children of nowadays (very stubborn and arrogant). Her parent were civil servants and they struggle to pay her school fees, purchase mattress and many other things when she got admission. At last she got pregnant !!!
They invited the guy and when he showed up, the guy was advised to come with his parent. The guy absconded till tomorrow. The lady dropped out of school to give birth. It wasn't easy for retired parent to be nursing a baby. They could not sleep at night because of the cry of the baby. After two years, the lady re-enrolled for part time program, financed by the parent and she came out with first class.
Today, she is happily married to a pilot and she is doing fine outside Nigeria.
As l speak to you now, all the children of civil servants were married and they hardly come home except festive period. The baby of yesterday is the one taking care of the parent at their old age and she has gotten admission now. She goes from home to school in Akoka (unilag), they stay closer.

I want to appeal to you. I don't want you to regret today's action tomorrow. Take both the baby and mother back. She is still young and you can register her for part time program in next three to four years. I don't blame you, it is not easy. That idiot guy that can not use #200 condom will destroy her life. When l spoke with the girl, she was studying medicine and preparing for he MBBS. Assuming the baby was aborted or her mother was abandoned, the story would have been different today. Take her back and forgive, God has plans and knows our tomorrow.

#Truelife story

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by LalastiklaIa(m): 10:21pm On Sep 22, 2022
okewumi:
Let me share a story of family friend.

Their second born got pregnant during her ND1 in Ede poly. They wanted to abort but it was late when the parent took her to hospital. They warn the lady when she was dating the guy but you know children of nowadays (very stubborn and arrogant). Her parent were civil servants and they struggle to pay her school fees, purchase mattress and many other things when she got admission. At last she got pregnant !!!
They invited the guy and when he showed up, the guy was advised to come with his parent. The guy absconded till tomorrow. The lady dropped out of school to give birth. It wasn't easy for retired parent to be nursing a baby. They could not sleep at night because of the cry of the baby. After two years, the lady re-enrolled for part time program, financed by the parent and she came out with first class.
Today, she is happily married to a pilot and she is doing fine outside Nigeria.
As l speak to you now, all the children of civil servants were married and they hardly come home except festive period. The baby of yesterday is the one taking care of the parent at their old age and she has gotten admission now. She goes from home to school in Akoka (unilag), they stay closer.

I want to appeal to you. I don't want you to regret today's action tomorrow. Take both the baby and mother back. She is still young and you can register her for part time program in next three to four years. I don't blame you, it is not easy. That idiot guy that can not use #200 condom will destroy her life. When l spoke with the girl, she was studying medicine and preparing for he MBBS. Assuming the baby was aborted or her mother was abandoned, the story would have been different today. Take her back and forgive, God has plans and knows our tomorrow.

#Truelife story

Nice fictional motivational story undecided
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by beylinko02: 10:21pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

I can't take both of them my daughter is sick she need rest and time to recover

Better take the mother and the child e get why. it might look like the child is liability now but when he grow. That's a plus for you.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Munzy14(m): 10:28pm On Sep 22, 2022
mariahAngel:

I believe if the op forgives his daughter, she would recover quickly.
Guilt, which could've led to depression could be part of what made her sick.
His heart was shattered considering her age..If to say na the daughter is in her 20s..Ya di understandable.

It is a proof he failed in parenting..I remembered when My aunt brought her sister's little daughter to live with them..Their next flat neighbour started having secret affair with the girl till she got pregnant..Little girl o, because she has height and big breast, the foolish guy thought na matured girl undecided

This girl was in her 6th month before my Aunt could detect..She felt depressed..Because the Society will see her as being careless not to have noticed the girl under was pregnant for 1, 2,3....6th month.

She was soo mad at her then..But it's all cool now..To purnish the girl, she made sure she gave birth to the baby..Ka ukwu zuo ya ike..The stigma alone wu depressing.

I feel for OP..Obi gbawara ya..Onye mee m ihe a , God knows I will soo deal with the boy...ka m hapu ibunye OP uche, Ihe m ga eme the boy wu mkpebi mu na chukwu.. angry

Onwehu onye m tuwara nwa ya ime at that age, onye atuwala nwa nke m..Gaaskia!
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by phlame(m): 10:39pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

GOAT!!! IDIOT!!! MUMU!!!
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Darkgini: 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2022
You described the guy involved so terribly as if you knew about him before now. You only heard one side of the story.

May God grant us the wisdom to show mercy and be considerate where necessary.

wwwkaycom:
Your decision is not only bad but wicked. Where were you when such a ferociously poor guy was shacking your daughter?
I can imagine what your daughter is going through in the hand of a family that lacks the financial wherewithal to take care of basic medicare. I can conveniently refer to you as wicked for releasing your daughter to that kind of family. Are you sure she is feeding well? She made a mistake right, but you made an even greater one by throwing her out to be devoured by that verocious thing you called her boyfriend. Someone who can't afford basic medicare! E wicked Sir. Go and get the girl and her little daughter out of that dungeon before that poor boyfriend impregnate her again. I don't think you understand the psychology of such ferociously poor guys, they live and swim in poverty, do nothing about their live and hope a miracle will happen one day and they'll eventually get out of their miseries. Deliver your daughter and her little girl now!
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Blakjewelry(m): 10:57pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

Poor decision, she is your daughter and the child, your grandchild so it is not bad you taking care them both. My dad did the same to his eldest daughter, destroyed her live with that singular action. Children can be frustrating but it is your responsibility to set them on the right part. She already made a mistake but you can still correct it, take back your daughter and child and send her back to school just pray she must have learn her lesson, let her know you are giving her the last chance.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by fxexperts: 11:07pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

You should have arrested the guy and jail him.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Ybaby: 11:17pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

Very bad decision.

That child is your grandson... And I know how you feel feeding another man's child but that child is your grandson ... Your flesh and blood and inflation is so high now so logically I agree with you but bloodline that boy carries your blood.

Women avoid poor men!!!
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by msrcusgarvey6(m): 11:41pm On Sep 22, 2022
Suddenly Nigerians that dislike brother's wives asking husband to check when the shopkeeper has opened are forming family love and responsibility. I'm 62 and wife56. She drops a list on the table 5am of what is needed while she dashes to work.
Without living this patient life we wouldn't bring up a medical doctor from my only child Dr. Maggie.
Bunch of hypocrites

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by miltonchux(m): 11:47pm On Sep 22, 2022
frozen70:

Leaving that little child behind and take her mother is worse than the anger you had when she became pregnant

I will advice you take her for treatment along with her child, after treatment let her go back to the man

By the time she stays there for two years with all she will be going through

Next time she will close her legs tight
And you feel you have made sense.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by msrcusgarvey6(m): 11:54pm On Sep 22, 2022
You think that added happiness and long life to the parents. No!

LalastiklaIa:

There was a professor in the university who had a very intelligent and beautiful daughter. And there was an unserious boy in her class let us call him Alaba.
One way or the other Alaba manoeuvres his way into sleeping with and impregnating this professor's precious daughter.

When it was time to deliver the baby. The professor took his daughter to the hospital and waited eagerly for her to give birth. All the while he was waiting he was just pacing to and fro in the hospital and then the news finally came that his daughter has been delivered of a baby girl. He took the baby dressed it and put it in a comfortable basket drove to Alaba's house knocked his door and dropped his baby for him when he came out and zoomed off. He had already prepared Visa for his daughter and the next day he flew her abroad to continue her education.

So I support you taking your daughter and giving her care. Let those people take care of their own daughter. Don't let anyone guilt trip you sir
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Beey(f): 12:00am On Sep 23, 2022
Survivor2020:

Sir, trying not to call you dumb but that’s what you are. So your daughter is the 1st to give birth out of wedlock? I am not encouraging the behavior but now that it happened, you want her to die or what? People make mistakes and also learn from them. She’s your own flesh & blood & you cannot cheat biology. By the way, are you sure she’s even in love with the guy or it’s out of youthful lust that she got pregnant? Don’t force her into marriage. You can hire a domestic help to help with the baby & your daughter can go to school. Stop showing her that her life is over, unless you are perfect & have never made a mistake.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by GreenVILLETiPS: 12:01am On Sep 23, 2022
Survivor2020:

A lot of factors could accumulate to result in what happened to you, your girl and your home...

1... its obvious that there is no woman in your home else, no sane woman would let go of her child to the wolves even if she has done wrong.

2.., How do you think your daughter would feel if you take her back and not her baby? do u think she will ever get well even if she gets all the treatment at the hospital?

3... I won't be surprised if the said boyfriend is an adult in the neighbourhood who exploited the innocence of your girl while you were busy working away from home. At least, you have to feed your family nah? abi?

4. I am sure your girl has learnt her lesson one way or the other. You just have to live with the reality of what is on ground.

if you have the means, find a way to employ a woman who can help to take care of your daughter and her baby during the day and go back to her place in the evenings. Your girl is too young to be a mother. I dont know where her mother is but she needs an older woman in her life right now to put her thru what it takes to be a woman and especially a MOTHER,

Over a period of time, your girl too would learn how to handle the baby even when the woman is not around.
person wey fit open legs gats learn how to be responsible for the consequences of her actions.

I dont know the kind of boy or guy the boyfriend is but what he and ur girl had decided to abort the baby and it resulted into something else? How would you have felt if you had lost her should she try to abort the baby? abi u think d boy go get money to employ the service of a verified doctor to perform the d&c? at least , u av to give them credit for not making that decision.

let go of your bitterness and self regret or your stand that you must make sure the boy also learns his lesson by taking care of his child.
Face your daughter and take care of your GRAND CHiLD. A baby in a home is a thing of joy.

A time will surely come, when you will look back and thank your stars for letting your grand child stay under your roof.

Dont forget to note that your 7 year old son is also a record holder as one of the youngest uncles in the world..
Great things are already happening.... grin grin grin
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by GreenVILLETiPS: 12:12am On Sep 23, 2022
LalastiklaIa:

I am not sure if your GO supports that action or he was just trying to point out a fact for you guys... but if your GO supports what the professor did, i am sorry to say but both of them a freaking mad..
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Thebadpolitican(m): 12:17am On Sep 23, 2022
Niom:
It's your grand child na...

Na by grandchild
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by LalastiklaIa(m): 1:46am On Sep 23, 2022
GreenVILLETiPS:

I am not sure if your GO supports that action or he was just trying to point out a fact for you guys... but if your GO supports what the professor did, i am sorry to say but both of them a freaking mad..
Keep quiet undecided

He was discussing on the dangers of sexual sins. In life there are consequences for actions you take and you must be ready to dance to the music.

You as a young man put a teenage girl in the family way. Then you expect her to give up her dreams and aspirations because you cannot control you dick and wait for the appropriate time to go about it the right way. Well he didn't say whether he supported or not.

What he was trying to point out I guess is that your fornicating partner might not be there with you to bear the consequences of disobeying the word of God undecided . What if the girl died at childbirth who will he give the child to please? undecided he should become a baby sitter abi? Oga give the bloody damn "sharpshooter" his offspring to cater for. For every action there is a reaction. You should be ready to bear the full brunt of your misdeeds. You won't poo on the ground and expect someone else to pack it for you... undecided

Sinners looking for sympathy undecided
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by LalastiklaIa(m): 1:50am On Sep 23, 2022
Survivor2020:

My concern is my daughter who is my blood the baby has a father who should be concern about her not me.
My daughter health is more important than the baby because if anything happens to her i will never forgive myself

Gbam take your daughter and take care of her till she gets better. While the dude take care of his daughter too
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by frozen70(f): 2:03am On Sep 23, 2022
miltonchux:

And you feel you have made sense.

You read it and the little sense you have disappeared

Go and borrow sense
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by iamme1234(m): 3:52am On Sep 23, 2022
Ye all keeps condemning this woman

She left the girl child

This and that

Do you even knows what it is to bring shame to the family
It’s pathetic.
It’s never easy to raise a girl child
Your tried your best as a mother
But your daughter acted so foolish.
Why messing around
Am sure you would be telling her then
Hence she would be shaking her bum bum.
See her life now
Madam go get your daughter back and leave their Pikin for them to train if they like they should kill him or her oonpe
Since their son has ego to knack
He should have ego to take care of d child.
Me I be no nonsense person ooooo
Madam be bold with your decision
Because been blunt in life as helped me so well
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Kapeter(m): 4:02am On Sep 23, 2022
Survivor2020:

Such a horrible position but what I'd love for you to understand is that the same love you have for your daughter would probably be the same love she would have for her own child now. I doubt if she would be happy to abandon her child cuz you can sure see how difficult it is for you to abandon yours now. If your daughter wanted, she probably would have get rid of that baby even before it formed in her stomach. I will suggest and at the same time appeal that you do everything you can to bring the child, it's your grandchild anyway. Maybe hire a babysitter if you can, talk to the dudes mother. Just don't leave the baby behind please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / Youths Catch Man Having Sex With Married Woman In The Bush In Owerri / Husband Catches His Wife & Lover Having Sex In Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.