Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? (62750 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / Is My Decision Right Or Wrong / Will I Regret My Decision Later On In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Meteng: 7:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
Brooke60:

Let me tell you a short story. My Dad's first daughter (my step sis), got pregnant at a young age, as a strict man, he chased her out of the house. She moved to her boyfriend's house & also her mother's family took care of her.

Step sis was shuttling between seeing her son in Lagos while schooling in FUTA. She died in an accident. My dad never got to see her and the son (still alive).

My dad told me the story, until my dad's death (he died at 82), he never forgave himself for what he did to his daughter. He said, all he had to do was to forgive her and take her back but the 'Agidi' from Ondo state won't let him do that.

He regretted it. Don't be like that. Don't lose your daughter, take her back, take your grandchild & give her life! She is just 17 ffs! She can still achieve a lot and be the daughter you wanted. Might not be easy but there is a reason you are the father.

I can imagine what your pop went through, it can be very excruciating, I shedded tears just imagining it. Plus, I love your advice. You’re very sensible

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by VirileNelly2420: 7:46pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

He is 21
Gosh, I think d guy is quite immature mentally to live ur daughter in his care... Nawa o.

Plz take ur daughter back. Plz. Both are children.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Meself: 7:47pm On Sep 22, 2022
This one bad ooo

uote author=Ulunne777 post=116906308]Bring her back oo.My neighbor sent her daughter away like this to her boyfriend only for the guy to give her another pregnancy barely 2 months after birth of the first pregnancy which now resulted in twins. cheesy

2 16 yr old children grin totally dependent on their parents.Now the boys mother sent the girl away with the babies ,say she like prick too much and after ppl begging the girl's parents,they now accepted 3 babies grin. .

Manage one now before the poor man will turn her to a baby factory grin

[/quote]
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 22, 2022
take her back with the baby u dumbfreak man send the child away to his dad when he is atleats 5 y
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by iamL(f): 7:51pm On Sep 22, 2022
Londonderry:

You spoke correctly. The guy has every right to be angry except he is a pervert. The girl deserved what she got. Any child who won't listen to the her parents but follow irresponsible touts should be allowed to suffer a bit before being readmitted back. Let him receive her back with the innocent baby. She will do her own baby sitting while he goes to work and provide for them. These girls are a bunch of empty skulls who for a piece of meat pie and bottle of yoghurt will open their legs for any vagabond. Some body was saying where was the father when she was fornicating? That is a naive question. A devilish girl can even use her school hours for prostitution.

Is was exactly the same way op was a vagabond when he impregnated his daughter mother out of wedlock as well. Now the cycle has repeated itself and he wants to form righteous.

A devilish son can also use his school hours to impregnate girls.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by maureensylvia(f): 7:54pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

He is 21

Okokobioko
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by VirileNelly2420: 7:56pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

My 7 years old doesn't stay alone at home he go to after school lessons I pick him up at 5pm Mon to thrusday we go home together , on Friday his mother pick him up he stay with her for weekend.
My daughter is sick i have seen her picture that her boyfriend father has sent to me and i couldnt hold my tears .
she urgently needs medical care and I want her to be stress free her health is very important for me the baby has her father and her father people who can take care of her while I am taking care of mine.
I rather bring her home alone and do my best as a father for her to get well because if anything happen to her I will never forgive myself.
Are u bringing her home to take care of her health and send her back thereafter?

If u've truly forgiven her, help her d very way u can. If possible terminate d marriage, cos it's clear both parties ain't ready for it.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Cloud007: 7:57pm On Sep 22, 2022
If you take your daughter back... how will you explain your decision to your grandchild in 15 years time?

But wait...is she really your daughter?
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by IamPlato(m): 7:59pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:
My 17 years old brought shame to me last year she got pregnant, I have disowned her and sent her packing. She is staying with her boyfriend in his family home.

She gave birth 5 months ago she has been sick ever since she had the baby and the boyfriend doesn't have any money to take care of her. Plus the living condition is not suitable for her in her condition.

I have forgiven her and I want to take her back home so I can take her to the hospital for treatment but I don't want her to come with her baby. Please note there is only me and my 7 years old son at home. I work and my son goes to school till 5pm.

I don't have time to babysit the baby.
I want the father to take care of his child while I take care of mine.
I hope my decision is not bad?
. You clearly don't know how to handle issues like this...

You want to leave 5 months old baby with a family without the mother... Oga you are heartless abeg.

Who will breast feed the child. The same family you said are poor and can't feed your daughter, how the hell do you expect them to raise a baby, don't you know that baby food is freaking expensive?

If you won't carry the baby then it's better you leave them both...

The baby needs it's mother for a better survival...

You have not even forgiven... How can you be opening mouth to say you want to leave the child for the same family that can hardly feed...

Oga abeg get shift abeg... Be like you need flogging to think right...

Anyway, it's your choice do whatever you like
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by stacyadams: 8:03pm On Sep 22, 2022
Brooke60:

Let me tell you a short story. My Dad's first daughter (my step sis), got pregnant at a young age, as a strict man, he chased her out of the house. She moved to her boyfriend's house & also her mother's family took care of her.

Step sis was shuttling between seeing her son in Lagos while schooling in FUTA. She died in an accident. My dad never got to see her and the son (still alive).

My dad told me the story, until my dad's death (he died at 82), he never forgave himself for what he did to his daughter. He said, all he had to do was to forgive her and take her back but the 'Agidi' from Ondo state won't let him do that.

He regretted it. Don't be like that. Don't lose your daughter, take her back, take your grandchild & give her life! She is just 17 ffs! She can still achieve a lot and be the daughter you wanted. Might not be easy but there is a reason you are the father.

...you have said it all

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by IamPlato(m): 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

His mother is alive he also has three elder sisters living at home who are in the best position to take care of their grand daughter/ niece
. Did you say their grand daughter?

So you clearly don't like the child because clearly you are pushing it away.

Oga do whatever the fvck you like, you already have what is in your mind to do.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Ben404040: 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2022
Niom:
It's your grand child na...
Am not sure he still understands. It takes a while for these things to sink in especially if you are still angry like the OP. He doesnt want to loose the daughter and doesnt want to take her as she is. A girl that is sick and knows the father can help her. What level of pain will she be in. Uncle please the earlier the better.
That baby now is your daughters blood...your blood, your grand child.
Our fathers will be angry while their daughters were pregnant but once baby is born they dont put their anger on innocent child. The joy of the safe delivery heals all wound. This time is actually responsibility of the mothers.
At this time it is her whole will pay visit to her daughter (even with your money) to offer all kinds of assistance and remedy until at the time her father's "anger" will calm down. This also helps allay the fears of the loving father cause definitely Mama will give report of her journey.

Kindly find in your to forgive her. She has a responsibility now to the child and you should support her. Forget the child's father. You too know they no get.
In all Gods blessings
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by obinna58(m): 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:

SENSELESS mentality.
So he should suffer himself for a wayward child?
This mentality is why she turned out that way
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Pwettylinda(f): 8:10pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

His mother is alive he also has three elder sisters living at home who are in the best position to take care of their grand daughter/ niece

Oga don't be stupid get your daughter and her child and take good care of them

Be like mumu dey worry you undecided
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Clinghton: 8:21pm On Sep 22, 2022
If you can agree with me you can still give your daughter a better future with her baby and boyfriend, nobody knows what the future holds.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Ulunne777(f): 8:23pm On Sep 22, 2022
wealthpreach:

Not a true story... 6 months of fecundity period applies.

Keep quiet.Its a true life story and their house shares a fence with ours.The twins are 3 yrs old currently while the 1st one is late.

The parents were both SS2 students of the same school and got suspended when the deed came to light
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by loliapoopy2013(f): 8:23pm On Sep 22, 2022
You don't want to be called a grandfather oga, sorry she has already made you one. Please take her back, most girls like this learn from their mistakes and grow up to be very responsible and independent women.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by airminem(f): 8:29pm On Sep 22, 2022
Pwettylinda:

Oga don't be stupid get your daughter and her child and take good care of them
Be like mumu dey worry you undecided
There isn't any reason to insult the Op

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by EgunMogaji2: 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:
My 17 years old brought shame to me last year she got pregnant, I have disowned her and sent her packing. She is staying with her boyfriend in his family home.

She gave birth 5 months ago she has been sick ever since she had the baby and the boyfriend doesn't have any money to take care of her. Plus the living condition is not suitable for her in her condition.

I have forgiven her and I want to take her back home so I can take her to the hospital for treatment but I don't want her to come with her baby. Please note there is only me and my 7 years old son at home. I work and my son goes to school till 5pm.

Oga mi, at the earliest opportunity take your daughter and your grandchild.

Things will work themselves out.

2 Likes

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by sphinixs2: 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

Some decisions have a way of coming back to haunt us later in life. Bear in mind that the baby is not only the father's child but also your grandchild!
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by venatus25(m): 8:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
Wickedness.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by KennethEnyi(m): 8:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
Every single time I come on this Nairaland I always see different levels of Stupidity I’m tired I even think that stupid people actually make up Nigeria
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by zincnike(m): 8:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
Pls take d baby wt her pls , Maka future nd wot hatred gv bring in future biko
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Yxxx: 8:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

This is just how my dad would have reacted too, but please forgive her and accept your grand daughter, highest convert that granddaughter to your child and insist she bears your surname and cut off ties completely from that boy.
Biko Nna Gbahara.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by wealthpreach(m): 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ulunne777:

Keep quiet.Its a true life story and their house shares a fence with ours.The twins are 3 yrs old currently while the 1st one is late.

The parents were both SS2 students of the same school and got suspended when the deed came to light

Not after two months... Please read about the fecundity period and learn more.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by stigman(m): 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2022
If this story is true then you be GOAT (akwuya)
Kukuma kill the boy join, do you know what that boy will become tomorrow?
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
[qsuote author=Survivor2020 post=116893608]My 17 years old brought shame to me last year she got pregnant, I have disowned her and sent her packing. She is staying with her boyfriend in his family home.

I understand how you feel but when you loss your daughter you would feel worst please do the needful and take care of your daughter and your grand child

I hope my decision is not bad? [/quote]
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by chiboycue: 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
Your daughter did bad to give birth to your grandson at the age of 17 years, however, you need to forgive her just as God forgives us our tresspasses. You need to handle the matter like a matured parent.

Since you said you disowned her, you need to reown her and your grandchild back by accepting them back into your house and be supportive to her and your grandson. Have the mindset that your grandchild is a blessing to you and he or she could be an important figure in future. Your grandchild is a part of you that still bears some of your genes that was passed to him or her through your daughter. The summary is forgive them, accepted them back and support them morally and financially.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by newcommer: 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2022
Mindlog:

From his posts, OP has 2 children from 2 women and none is living with him......that is an insight.

Team Babymama crew
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by frozen70(f): 8:57pm On Sep 22, 2022
Mindlog:

In my earlier post, I made mention that the baby must not be separated from the mother. That baby is too tender to be cut off from the mother, now that the baby is forming secure attachment with the mother and any disruption would affect the baby's development.

Definitely
But I was referring to her parents
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Caseywilliams(m): 9:03pm On Sep 22, 2022
Your decision is a very bad one pls.. Respectfully, there's no way you should be considering taking your daughter alone leaving a lactating baby for the boyfriend. Pls give that little baby the love and support she deserves too coz he or she is just an innocent soul. If that baby is still sucking her mom's breasts there might be every chances she might have come in contact with half of the illness her mother has. Pls while taking care of your own daughter try and extend that hand to her baby... She's your grand child for Christ sake.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Nwaotu10(m): 9:19pm On Sep 22, 2022
wwwkaycom:
Your decision is not only bad but wicked. Where were you when such a ferociously poor guy was shacking your daughter?
I can imagine what your daughter is going through in the hand of a family that lacks the financial wherewithal to take care of basic medicare. I can conveniently refer to you as wicked for releasing your daughter to that kind of family. Are you sure she is feeding well? She made a mistake right, but you made an even greater one by throwing her out to be devoured by that ferocious thing you called her boyfriend. Someone who can't afford basic medicare! E wicked Sir. Get the girl and her little daughter out of that dungeon before that poor boyfriend impregnates her again. I don't think you understand the psychology of such ferociously poor guys, they live and swim in poverty, do nothing about their live and hope a miracle will happen one day and they'll eventually get out of their misery. Deliver your daughter and her little girl now!
"He, whom his palm kernel was cracked for by a benevolent spirit should not forget to be humble"

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss / Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.