Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? (62747 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / Is My Decision Right Or Wrong / Will I Regret My Decision Later On In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by worldclass68(m): 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
She's your granddaughter
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by MadamOk(f): 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
Please sir I don't know the annoyance you have with the boy and his family, but wetin don happen don happen,you can correct it since you said you have forgiven your daughter, find time to take her to the hospital for check up and if it required bed resting and you can't be there for her, the boy and his family can do that. Make sure you pay the hospital bill and give her some money for food.

Because taking her home wey you nor get the time to take care of her no go too make sense.

3 Likes

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Flier: 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
Rozross:
Your decision is not bad but I doubt if your daughter will agree to part with her baby. Ladies should be wise on who they open their legs for that’s if you are doing premarital sex. Stop dating young men(teenagers and men in their 20’s) but they won’t hear
Only a sick father would send his daughter out simply because she got pregnant,I had a friend who got pregnant while in secondary school,her father embraced her even though her mother disagree,they took care of the baby and sent the girl back to school
This lady is earning 13,000 Swiss franc per month as a medical doctor per month in Switzerland at the moment
Even those all kids are doing fine,she’s still the bread winner

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by jeromestarks: 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Survivor2020 , you didn't tell us the age of the boy who impregnated the girl. undecided
It doesn't matter. What matter is that the girl is behaving like the Op.
The child the girl gave birth to will also behave like the 17 yr old mother.
Their family is messed up.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Belbad(m): 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2022
Your daughter has realised her errors,you bashing her about is so pathetic. Please take her back before things gets destroyed beyond salvagable measure...My 1 naira.

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by otokx(m): 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2022
Where is the mother in all of this?

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Truvelisback(m): 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:
My 17 years old brought shame to me last year she got pregnant, I have disowned her and sent her packing. She is staying with her boyfriend in his family home.

She gave birth 5 months ago she has been sick ever since she had the baby and the boyfriend doesn't have any money to take care of her. Plus the living condition is not suitable for her in her condition.

I have forgiven her and I want to take her back home so I can take her to the hospital for treatment but I don't want her to come with her baby. Please note there is only me and my 7 years old son at home. I work and my son goes to school till 5pm.

I don't have time to babysit the baby.
I want the father to take care of his child while I take care of mine.
I hope my decision is not bad?
Accept her back and take care of the child too.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Damzy101(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
She fu*ked up and that's it.
She's realized her mistake.
But I feel you overreacted. So, if she's not sick, you wouldn't reach out to her ?
That's far fetched.

Please, take them in. It's not ideal to leave the baby behind.
She's learnt her lessons.
There's always more to parenting.

3 Likes

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
If dat child become a wife of governor tmrw hope u will also reject her

4 Likes

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by socialmediaman: 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2022

2 Likes

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by ekevwe(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:
My 17 years old brought shame to me last year she got pregnant, I have disowned her and sent her packing. She is staying with her boyfriend in his family home.

She gave birth 5 months ago she has been sick ever since she had the baby and the boyfriend doesn't have any money to take care of her. Plus the living condition is not suitable for her in her condition.

I have forgiven her and I want to take her back home so I can take her to the hospital for treatment but I don't want her to come with her baby. Please note there is only me and my 7 years old son at home. I work and my son goes to school till 5pm.

I will not say you are wicked but you were very ignorant of your actions.

It's no longer shameful to parents if there daughter get pregnant but in your case, I could tag if poor parenting not prior to her getting pregnant, but after she got pregnant.

Make peace with her and take full responsibilities of her. Forget about her boyfriend. It's never too late bro

4 Likes

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Boyooosa(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
wwwkaycom:
Your decision is not only bad but wicked. Where were you when such a ferociously poor guy was shacking your daughter?
I can imagine what your daughter is going through in the hand of a family that lacks the financial wherewithal to take care of basic medicare. I can conveniently refer to you as wicked for releasing your daughter to that kind of family. Are you sure she is feeding well? She made a mistake right, but you made an even greater one by throwing her out to be devoured by that verocious thing you called her boyfriend. Someone who can't afford basic medicare! E wicked Sir. Go and get the girl and her little daughter out of that dungeon before that poor boyfriend impregnate her again. I don't think you understand the psychology of such ferociously poor guys, they live and swim in poverty, do nothing about their live and hope a miracle will happen one day and they'll eventually get out of their miseries. Deliver your daughter and her little girl now!

The only addon is, that wicked woman should quickly hearken to this � accurate advice and follow to the letter.
Wicked Single Parent!

Why are you not with your husband sef, in the first place?

Ok, I later learnt u r a man... Still doesn't make any difference, go and get ur daughter out of that slum plus her kid, to then she takes care of her daughter on her owñ if you don't have the time
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by zedegit: 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

Never separate a mother from the baby.

What of the girl's mother? Your forgiveness is shallow otherwise you will accept the baby. Even if the boy were to take the baby, it's not now or how do you expect him to breastfeed the baby?

2 Likes

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by gadgethead: 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2022
If your daughter is not employed, she can take care of her baby, while you are at work. So your comment about no one to take care of the baby is not exactly right.

Take in your daughter and the baby and as soon as the baby is of age, your daughter can look for work to fend for herself.

The worst case scenario is if you abandon her and she gets pregnant again. Then the situation may be more difficult to handle
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Mrsoft3(m): 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

Please sir don't separate the child and the mum, allow the child to experience good care. You are really a great dad. Honestly it is not easy but sir please take care of your grand child,the child is as important as your daughter.

Sometimes we find ourselves in difficult situation and you don't even know what you did to deserve such kind of predicament,but I pray the Lord ease our pain and grant us healing

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by msakhere(f): 4:47pm On Sep 22, 2022
Bring your daughter and grand daughter back to your house, let her take care of the baby in your house, since hardship is telling on your daughter in the boyfriend's house.

Please, dont mete out your punishment on the innocent child by abandoning her there, she doesn't deserve it.

2 Likes

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by happney65: 4:47pm On Sep 22, 2022
You are a very callous father. Agreed the girl made a mistake by getting pregnant as a teen. Abandoning her in the hands of that guy is not cool who might even be a teen himself. I think you have the resources to take care of her. Take care of her then. she is still your daughter or isn't she?

Take care of her and your grandchild and fix her life back. Peridot
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by gassbee: 4:47pm On Sep 22, 2022
wait o, u mean someone is refusing to accept and take care of his grandchild

3 Likes

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by deflover(m): 4:48pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

He is 21

He raped her
U were suppose to get him arrested and not giving him a wife

2 Likes

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by holluwizzy: 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
Can you imagine...

Wouldn't blame the dad much for taking such decision..

U expected more and working hard to make sure u child becomes someone responsible in the future and not a liability.

Instead of sending her out.

I would take care of her but the father would not see both the child and my daughter again.

NoToPile:

Nawa oo

16yearolds? Nawa.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
It's hard to blame you for anything since I understand you were and are still overrun with emotions. But there're certain events you can't do anything about and this is one of it. You can't dislike a kid because she got pregnant and a kid's kid because his/her mum got pregnant.

At this point, you'd need to bend your rules by taking your daughter and also, your grandchild back.

2 Likes

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by anonymuz(m): 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
Mindlog:

She got pregnant as an adolescent, she did not commit murder!

No matter how angry and disappointed you are, you did wrong abandoning your daughter and your grandchild, biologically and legally that baby will always be linked to you.

You are aware that she has been sick for 5 months now since she gave birth, living in deplorable condition and you comfortably sleep and wake up everyday, going about your normal life as if you don't have a child somewhere who probably may be dying.

Are you waiting for her to die, so you can get the police to arrest the boyfriend?

The boyfriend's father was wise enough to send you pictures of your daughter in her poor health, so should anything happen to her you can't claim ignorance even court, he has evidence that you know.

Your daughter is still a minor irrespective of her already being a mother, you are obligated to her welfare, should anything happen to her..you will be hugely blamed and you will regret not intervening earlier.

Even if her mum is not in the picture, go bring your daughter and grandchild home and get an older female relative to help out

That baby MUST not be separated from the mother.

You are "lucky" you are in Nigeria, where social workers are not effective.......dashing your adolescent daughter as if she is a piece of fabric because she get belle, causing more damaging.
well said.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Seankhalifa: 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
Forgive her and take the child with her... i am begging... cos if her boyfriend family chase her away... she might go Into prostitution... cos dat d fastest way for her to survive... plus the trade is very dangerous... u might loss ur daughter... may God forgive us all.. amen
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Kajaard: 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

I want the father to take care of the baby while I take care of mine - how does that sound to you? You forget that baby is your grand daughter ( your own blood as well). You want to leave the baby with the irresponsible boy that can barely take care of himself?

You want to separate a baby from the mother? Knowing fully well only the mother can truly care and protect her baby? Listen to yourself. Pathetic.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Hamzashaf99(f): 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

I can't take both of them my daughter is sick she need rest and time to recover

It painful, but please take her back with the child. She may not want to part with the child and even if she does, what will the both of you tell that child in the future?

Are you sure those people will take care of her like her mum will? Even if the have the financial capacity and time, I personally know that even close relatives don't like taking care of other people's children. The oy person who may do that wholeheartedly is your daughters mum or her sister.

Do reconsider, for the sake of the innocent child who had no choice in choosing how she was born
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Ruthymoon(f): 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2022
It seems you never have time for your children thats why she went outside for to have a boyfriend, and now you drove her out with pregnancy, thats not fair , that your daughter is going through pain, and from you her parent, that will never forget the pain

3 Likes

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by drlateef: 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

His mother is alive he also has three elder sisters living at home who are in the best position to take care of their grand daughter/ niece

No matter how you see it, that newborn is your blood. Your daughter would rather die than to part with the child in most cases. So, you need to bring mother and child to your home. You have also learnt your lesson too. What mistakes did you make to get into this mess? Definitely, you have allowed your girl to go out of your radar due to work. You should reflect on what you could do differently to prevent this happening in future. You need to swallow the butter pill and take her with the baby. She will get well quickly and can take care of her child by herself. You don’t need to do the babysitting. And you must probably relocate your daughter to a place out of reach for this good-for-nothing boy. Otherwise he will sneak in when you are away to come and impregnate her again.

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Solababa91(m): 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2022
In all of these, you didn't tell us the role your daughter's Mother played. Did your ex wife also condemn her daughter out of her sight? If you can't babysit your grand child, can't your wife do (Ex as the case may be)?

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Judolisco(m): 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2022
Where d mama of ur 17 yrs old girl? Get ur child and ur grandchild back and take care of them... Wetin Don happen Don happen... Ur daughter Don see wetin she dey find now arbi? Na drop for cultural values dey cause all dis things...

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Mindlog: 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2022
Boyooosa:

The only addon is, that wicked woman should quickly hearken to this � accurate advice and follow to the letter.
Wicked Single Parent!

Why are you not with your husband sef, in the first place?

Ok, I later learnt u r a man... Still doesn't make any difference, go and get ur daughter out of that slum plus her kid, to then she takes care of her daughter on her owñ if you don't have the time

OP is a single father!
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by akpunda86: 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

Ur are stupid we all make mistakes can even be you. I hate seeing MOFOS.if she took in you never did your Job well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss / Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.