Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? (62746 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / Is My Decision Right Or Wrong / Will I Regret My Decision Later On In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Johel(m): 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:
My 17 years old brought shame to me last year she got pregnant, I have disowned her and sent her packing. She is staying with her boyfriend in his family home.

She gave birth 5 months ago she has been sick ever since she had the baby and the boyfriend doesn't have any money to take care of her. Plus the living condition is not suitable for her in her condition.

I have forgiven her and I want to take her back home so I can take her to the hospital for treatment but I don't want her to come with her baby. Please note there is only me and my 7 years old son at home. I work and my son goes to school till 5pm.

I don't have time to babysit the baby.
I want the father to take care of his child while I take care of mine.
I hope my decision is not bad?

If I were u I will forget the idea of even having a daughter,like wtf!...preg at 17? shocked!!...Omo, disown Na disown, if she likes let her hate me...she and her bf must suffer for their ignorance and foolishness.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Joeyfizzo: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2022
Pls follow 'twins-love" on Instagram and see wat dey have become after thier dad left them and thier mum....now thier dad is begging them to return....he left them as babies. Now dey are super rich, build a mansion for thier mum etc
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Ellasure: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2022
Please sir, rush quickly to the house where your daughter is with the baby and bring them under your cover. The good Lord Almighty God will bless you and provide you with the needed upkeep and all other requirements.

Firstly, you are sounding like the only mature mind in the event and possibly with the means too. Please help your daughter today, having a baby at any time in the life of a woman is never a mistake. We should not be judge in this type of case. You have allowed the child to be born, very good decision so far. Do the needful immediately.

Caution your daughter not to welcome the boyfriend into your home and provide sex. If this should happen she risks being thrown out of the house again. If she can cooperate she has a better future and she can regain her focus on life once again.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by uptownemmygee(m): 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

He is 21

Imagine 21yrs Don get mind put woman for house and I'm 27 still planning
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by 07kjb: 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2022
Leave her to die she is a lost child

Getting pregnant at the age of 17

Let her DIE
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Tayorshd2(m): 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

He is 21

It has happened and nothing can be done to that just have it in mind that is your grandchild and in the next few years u will still be grateful to have grandchildren please bear.the pain for u have made the mistake by not motoring her before the young boy impregnated her

This is life we are human and we are bound to make mistakes like your daughter cool
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Johnn74: 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

My 7 years old doesn't stay alone at home he go to after school lessons I pick him up at 5pm Mon to thrusday we go home together , on Friday his mother pick him up he stay with her for weekend.
My daughter is sick i have seen her picture that her boyfriend father has sent to me and i couldnt hold my tears .
she urgently needs medical care and I want her to be stress free her health is very important for me the baby has her father and her father people who can take care of her while I am taking care of mine.
I rather bring her home alone and do my best as a father for her to get well because if anything happen to her I will never forgive myself.

You better hurry up and take your baby girl to the hospital quickly and care for her!!!. Being a teenage mother is not the end of life. Look at Genevieve Nnaji!!

Sir l understand you were angry but you should not have disowned her!. Na one hand dem Dey use beat pikin and the second hand to drag pikin back guide & direct her.
Like sb said earlier you better rush your girl fast! Before she takes in again & delivers twins grin.
You shouldn’t abandon her to the boys family.
Take her to hospital quickly and when she gets better and weans off her baby , encourage her to further her studies and get higher education—Uni/Hnd & also learn a small trade to be supporting herself. You will be proud!!!

In conclusion, rush her to hospital right away and do all you can for your baby girl! The earlier the better. The mistake has already been done. Even the thought of you disowning her could make her depressed .

P.S I KNOW A PREGNANT TEENAGER WHOSE PARENTS DISOWNED AND SHE GOT MALTREATED WHERE SHE RAN TO. Sadly , the poor girl fell sick and died with pregnancy and her parents never forgave themselves and lived in regret ever after!!!
A little kindness and forgiveness goes a long way!!!!

4 Likes

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2022
1.. you were and are part of her predicament

You were so busy and allowed her to be preyed on

2.. you are part of her predicament

In any circumstance(s) you should never disown your child, if you bring her upright, you will see the profit,if you bring her up poorly, you will see the profit

3.. you are part of the predicament

When she started living with the supposed husband, were you not aware she wasn't living well? Were u not aware the said boy or husband can't take care of her? Were you not aware that the right thing to do was to find the boy something to do? Were you not aware that you shouldn't marry her off cus of this singular mistake that you were part off?

4.. you are part of the predicament

She has given birth over 5months ago and you couldn't take care of your daughter

Carelessly and useless father, you are not worthy to be called a father

Take it to the bank.... you can't take your daughter and leave the innocent child to suffer

What is worth doing, is worth doing well

Take the grandchild, and your daughter home

Let ur daughter take care of the child,u don't need to be a babysitter.. just show both of them love.. do ur own part.. once the child is old enough like 1yr or 2yrs,the child can start daycare while your daughter go back to school
Or you can employ the services of a nanny...

There's a stage in life when a child needs the mother, mostly at early stage down to when they start feeling too matured in the sense of hoeing stage or big boy stay,den that's when they need the father..

That's why most families with just one parent deh get issues, e get where both parties are needed...

You baff pikin finish con throwaway am with the water...

Take them back and plan your family together, if the boy who got her pregnant is truly in love with her and wish to stand by her,I don't see reason in chasing him away,let him learn work or get him a job and from there direct him on how to plan his life,that way everyone is happy....

Na now u go fit control your family

Cus they've all seen the part the girl took and didn't end well,so this time around,if you gather them together, trust me e go make sense.. just provide and show them love,talk to them and always be there for them...

Make your children your best friend and be your children's best friend... this is the secret to having a good home

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Mindlog: 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ikennaford:

Like daughter like mother, where's your husband, probably you divorced or you baby mama hoiin around, like all Dem bitches here in L A

Your misogynic self shining through! angry OP, is a single father with 2 children from 2 women! angry

3 Likes

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Tayorshd2(m): 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2022
uptownemmygee:

Imagine 21yrs Don get mind put woman for house and I'm 27 still planning

My brother ehn angry ;Dno be small even me 34 still dey think where and how to start for this buhari regimn shocked

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by sylve11: 5:03pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

I can't take both of them my daughter is sick she need rest and time to recover

You are still angry. Seeing the child will continue to refresh your partially wounded heart, it's understandable, but please, take them both in. sad cool
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by LordVarys1: 5:03pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:
My 17 years old brought shame to me last year she got pregnant, I have disowned her and sent her packing. She is staying with her boyfriend in his family home.

She gave birth 5 months ago she has been sick ever since she had the baby and the boyfriend doesn't have any money to take care of her. Plus the living condition is not suitable for her in her condition.

I have forgiven her and I want to take her back home so I can take her to the hospital for treatment but I don't want her to come with her baby. Please note there is only me and my 7 years old son at home. I work and my son goes to school till 5pm.

why not gt a nanny, some of these women at home are looking for places to get busy
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by SILVERLINES: 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

the child your are about to reject is your grandson and carries your DNA.
Don't be so wicked to your own blood, a child who barely know the sin of this world.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by vickydevoka(m): 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2022
wwwkaycom:
Your decision is not only bad but wicked. Where were you when such a ferociously poor guy was shacking your daughter?
I can imagine what your daughter is going through in the hand of a family that lacks the financial wherewithal to take care of basic medicare. I can conveniently refer to you as wicked for releasing your daughter to that kind of family. Are you sure she is feeding well? She made a mistake right, but you made an even greater one by throwing her out to be devoured by that verocious thing you called her boyfriend. Someone who can't afford basic medicare! E wicked Sir. Go and get the girl and her little daughter out of that dungeon before that poor boyfriend impregnate her again. I don't think you understand the psychology of such ferociously poor guys, they live and swim in poverty, do nothing about their live and hope a miracle will happen one day and they'll eventually get out of their miseries. Deliver your daughter and her little girl now!
Sometimes it's good treating your kids with iron hands
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by daroz(m): 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

I can't take both of them my daughter is sick she need rest and time to recover
Are you OK?
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by hope4nigeria(m): 5:05pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

your decision is terribly bad to have sent her packing in the first place, I will ask you where is your wife, your children's mother. It's actually not too late to take her back and treat her in hospital but you should mostly concern about her new innocent baby first. The baby is innocent, if you take care of both, you will be blessed aboundantly but if you take only your daughter and leave the baby to die, God will not forgive you. And you will be guilty for ever
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by seguno2: 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

It looks like you did the DNA test and divorced your wife, hence why you are only with your first child with her

Survivor2020:
When I met my wife she said that she wanted a non sexual relationship because of the past bad experiences she had when with her ex boyfriend. I was fine with that because I had been with so many girls in the past and I already had a child with one of my ex but we broke up because she traveled abroad . I was ready to settle down so I told her it’s fine by me I love for real and I am not after her for sex , I want to settle with her.

During courtship we had never been alone she always visited me with her friends and most of the time we used to meet in public places she wanted it like that to avoid temptation . I have tried before jokingly demanding her for sex but she bluntly refused. But I was surprised on valentine day 2013 she came alone without her friends , she wore a seducing dress exposing her breast unlike her because she had never wore something like that before immediately she entered she sat on my lap and started caressing me and everything was like a dream to me .

I then asked her why she suddenly changed her mind , she said she have seen how happy I made her ever since she is been with me so she has decided to have sex with me but she said I should promised her that I will never dump her after sex for another woman. I have told her I cannot do such and will never dumped her because if I only wanted her for sex then I wouldn’t have stayed with her for a year and 6 months when there is other women out there who willingly would have given me the sex but I didn’t go after them

Because I love and want to spend the rest of my life with her . We had sex and continuing been having sex then in May 2013 She told me she was pregnant , I was so excited even though I didn’t want any pregnancy before marriage but I have accepted my responsibilities and we started planning for our wedding , we did our traditional marriage 3 months before she was due she gave birth to a baby girl in November 2013 and our white and court wedding was the following year. To cut the long story we have 4 children together plus the 1 From my previous relationship making them 5 but I have been doubting whether my first child with her is mine , the reason why she looks exactly nothing like me or her mother, my wife and I are both dark skinned same as our other 4 children they are all dark skinned and looks exactly like my wife and I and my first daughter from my previous relationship is my carbon copy but my first child with my wife she is fair with beautiful curly hair like a mixed race Indian which I believe she is my wife ex boyfriend child , I saw her ex pictures before on Facebook he is fair mixed race ,his mother is Indian mother and Nigerian father my daughter looks exactly like him .

I saved his picture on my phone and mix it together with my daughter picture , and I went around asking strangers if they could see any resemblance of him and the child , I lied to those strangers that my daughter was my niece and the guy has been denying her and everybody that I asked has confirmed that the resemblance is so much that he is her father. My heart is broken in pieces because I loved my girl
So much she is the most loving and caring child , she is always with me when I am
Home she love spending time with me , the first thing she does when she wakes up she will come to my room to ask if I am fine.

I remembered when I had an accident at work I broke my wrist she was always there for me asking daddy how are you feeling today , do you want me to
Make something for you to eat and she is always in the kitchen helping her mother to prepare food for me , out of all my children she is the most caring one even my first daughter at 15 she is not that caring .

It break my heart to know that she is not mine that I have been raising someone else child for 7 long years it pained me so bad that she is been lying to me all those years and I strongly believe the reason she has agreed to give me sex was because her ex has gotten her pregnant then dumped her so she came to have sex with me when she was already pregnant so she could set me up for her pregnancy which is not mine. I hate her for doing this to me which I think I will never forgive her, I wouldn’t mind if she was a single mother when I met her because I was also a single father , I would have happily married her with her child but for her to set me up with a pregnancy which is not mine and for 7 long years I have been raising her child believing she is mine I don’t think I will ever forgive her .

I know that I haven’t done any DNA test yet to be sure if she is mine or not but asking strangers was enough proofs for me to confirm my suspicions. For the past few days now I have been treating her and her child differently every night when I get home from work I will buy snacks for the other 4 kids without buying for her child and when she comes to my room I will kick her out , I know I have been hurting her feeling badly for her to see how her dad has sudden change towards her but I just can’t help it because I don’t know why the love I had for the child has disappeared , as for my wife I hate her even more I see her as a betrayer , I have been avoiding her and have been sleeping in the parlour which she is been wondering about the sudden change in me but I am waiting for the right time to come so I can spill the beans and only God knows what will happen after .. I am at loss . I don’t know what advice you can offer me because I don’t have anyone else to turn to. Please forgive me if I made some mistake grammar and vocabulary

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by gulfer: 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
Are you a man or a woman?
Answer that so that i can ask you other questions undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Moneyyman: 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2022
Sir, please, accept her and the baby. If you can afford it, hire a babysitter, too.

Look towards the future. You'll be doing so much for your child!
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by BABANGBALI: 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2022
Take her back she is still your daughter, what has happened has happened, you can't change it. Congratulations grandpa! grin grin grin
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by meveboq(m): 5:08pm On Sep 22, 2022
[quote author=Mindlog post=116899019]

This is wisdom. Please, take this.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Sleekfingers: 5:08pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

And you except your daughter to leave her baby behind? I hope you know that, the baby is your grandchild.
I strongly suggest you look for an alternative,
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Allisgud: 5:10pm On Sep 22, 2022
All this people shouting up and down that the op is wicked u wouldn't understand frustration until u encounter it,who knows if he has been warning this girl chasing the boy away,but where I blame the op is we know u want to punish ur daughter,but that months she spent out is too long,take the baby along with ur daughter,chase away that boy make him go huzzle

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Fuckyoumod: 5:10pm On Sep 22, 2022
wwwkaycom:
Your decision is not only bad but wicked. Where were you when such a ferociously poor guy was shacking your daughter?
I can imagine what your daughter is going through in the hand of a family that lacks the financial wherewithal to take care of basic medicare. I can conveniently refer to you as wicked for releasing your daughter to that kind of family. Are you sure she is feeding well? She made a mistake right, but you made an even greater one by throwing her out to be devoured by that verocious thing you called her boyfriend. Someone who can't afford basic medicare! E wicked Sir. Go and get the girl and her little daughter out of that dungeon before that poor boyfriend impregnate her again. I don't think you understand the psychology of such ferociously poor guys, they live and swim in poverty, do nothing about their live and hope a miracle will happen one day and they'll eventually get out of their miseries. Deliver your daughter and her little girl now!
you are ranting and talking nonsense!

I guess you will be glad to have your daughter 17 go get pregnant and bring for you to baby seat.

Look, he is not a wicked man, he is a broken man, a disappointed father. His daughter brought shame and disgrace to his father.

All he needs is sorry, all he needs is a soft word, he needs to be appealed to, like please forgive your daughter and take her back.
Not this kinda vituperation your issuing.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by xwiit: 5:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
wwwkaycom:

Sometimes this children need to be taught a lesson.

But I would advice he takes the daughter and her child back, she must have learnt her lesson.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Great0ne1: 5:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

The thought of separating that poor innocent baby from the mother, simply shows how wicked you are. Now what crime did the innocent baby committ to get separated from the mother. If you can't take both of them in, then allow the mother to take care of the young one please
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by SamOchuko: 5:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

The father should take care of his child while you take care of yours? So the YOURS child is not the MOTHER of the child right? The CHILD that you want the father is not your grand child right? Take her in with the child if you know you’ve forgiven her, the baby needs to be breast fed and it is improper to seperate a child that young from his mum, she got herself pregnant so she should be ready to take what comes with it.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Acehart: 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2022
Punishment (Banishment) should not be forever. Forgive. Carry her burden. It will be alright in the end.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Cashsteady(m): 5:13pm On Sep 22, 2022
If the baby come get money in future una go wan Dey claim am..

The only advice I have for you is take your daughter and the girl and try to raise money for your daughter to get her own place and assist her with small business or just open shop for her ..don’t leave the kid there .. who knows if That kid will be the one that will later take your family places in future
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by mastermaestro(m): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2022
Brooke60:

Let me tell you a short story. My Dad's first daughter (my step sis), got pregnant at a young age, as a strict man, he chased her out of the house. She moved to her boyfriend's house & also her mother's family took care of her.

Step sis was shuttling between seeing her son in Lagos while schooling in FUTA. She died in an accident. My dad never got to see her and the son (still alive).

My dad told me the story, until my dad's death (he died at 82), he never forgave himself for what he did to his daughter. He said, all he had to do was to forgive her and take her back but the 'Agidi' from Ondo state won't let him do that.

He regretted it. Don't be like that. Don't lose your daughter, take her back, take your grandchild & give her life! She is just 17 ffs! She can still achieve a lot and be the daughter you wanted. Might not be easy but there is a reason you are the father.

What kind of sorrowful story is this? Damn! embarassed

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by lilbarracuda(m): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

He is 21

The shame won't be there forever.
This child will bring joy, happiness and laughter into your home. Please take take your grandchild in. Things happen for a reason, maybe not today or tomorrow but I can assure you that in the next 9 months you'll be so fund of this baby infact you will be bad here to gist us.

I'm typing this with tears in my eyes please take in the baby
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by 2elliot: 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2022
tctrills:

Have you heard of unconditional love before? Your child isn't the first girl to get pregnant but you have shown that your love for her is weak. Your love for her is based on good behavior. I think you are a terrible father.
Don't be an idiot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss / Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.