Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President (30808 Views)

ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family / Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG / ASUU Strike: What Is The Resolution Of The ASUU Chapter In Your School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by MT: 7:49am On Sep 22, 2022
Most of Nigeria lecturers are not fit for purpose in western world. Most of them can leave for mostly blue collar jobs at best.

It is not by the appellation of unmerited titles (Dr., Prof) which they have politicized among themselves but giving real industry standard training to the students, which they are obviously not capable of.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by emperor863(m): 7:50am On Sep 22, 2022
When they leave the country, other qualified Nigerians will take up their job. Nature abhors vacuum and there are others willing and able to replace them.

When doctors leave the country, do we not have others willing to work? They themselves have done incalculable damage to the tertiary education of Nigeria. Serious minded lecturers have left the shores of the country when they realised the intended goal/ objective of ASUU with the current strike.

6 Likes

Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by rickyrex(m): 7:51am On Sep 22, 2022
Throwback:
It means part of the obstacles to tertiary education would leave after destroying Nigerian education.

They will now find themselves in an environment where they cannot threaten or sexually harass students with impunity.

No more Cold Room enjoyment for them abroad.
i wondered how you were able ti construct this english and still sound like this. what a pity. like those politicians are saints to your claims

1 Like

Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by Pwettylinda(f): 7:51am On Sep 22, 2022
Rupertek:

Ofcourse, it isn't working, why not join hands to make it work, instead of jumping into flight to go help damage those that made their own work. This same non working system produced the lecturers free of charge

A typical Nigerian person is inherently corrupt

Corruption is inherent in Nigeria even kids already know it.

It won't get better here anytime soon

1 Like

Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by adamskutty(m): 7:51am On Sep 22, 2022
jubrilELsudan:
LET THEM LEAVE

SINCE THE EARLY 80'S NIGERIANS HAVE BEEN LEAVING

SINCE THE 90'S NIGERIANS HAVE BEEN LEAVING

WHEN I LEFT IN 2001....IT WAS AS IF I WAS THE LAST PERSON TO LEAVE NIGERIA CAUSE MOST PERSONS I KNEW AND OTHERS I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD HAD RELOCATED ABROAD

DOCTORS...LECTURERS....BANKERS.....IT PROFESSIONALS ETC HAVE ALL BEEN LEAVING SINCE THE 80'S AND 90'S AND YET THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A SKILL SHORTAGE IN NIGERIAN HISTORY

AS A MATTER OF FACT...EVEN BEFORE ALL THESE LECTURERS AND CO RESIGN AND LEAVE THEIR JOBS....THERE ARE MULTIPLE PERSONS WHO ARE EVEN PLANING TO POISON THEMSELVES TO TAKE THEIR POSITIONS
Anyways, is this you baby girl?
Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by uvie66: 7:52am On Sep 22, 2022
Pwettylinda:
FTC to me grin

Who no like better thing? Any sensible and sound lecturer who has the opportunity to pursue his career outside and is still in Naija is a big fool.

Nigeria won't get better even in the next 30 years

Let's not deceive our selves it's not working. If you have the opportunity to japa pls do it fast

.,....and you will remain stagnant for the next 40 years of your life
Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by Rupertek: 7:52am On Sep 22, 2022
IMASTEX:

Even as a chief consultant in the medical field, one still needs to upgrade abroad before fitting into their heath sector. Likewise other regulated discipline there. Las las not all, will even continue in their career path. To think of the money been looted & mismanaged daily, you begin to question the priority of government. And by the way, this is a result of a country where the federal government must handle everything, including roads, school even pilgrimage, etc. What a country!

So whats your suggestion? The best way out then is for Government to hands off education then. Are you part of those that insist on paying 40k in university but pay 150k for 6years old, expecting Government to margically fund tertiary education from God knows where?
Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by Hassanmaye(m): 7:52am On Sep 22, 2022
nwekeugochukwu:

This is getting interesting
Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by Truvelisback(m): 7:53am On Sep 22, 2022
silverkings:
Read what you wrote again. You're one of the problems
No mind the idiot. Sapa never hold am nai make am dey talk like dis.

2 Likes

Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by Cantonese: 7:53am On Sep 22, 2022
Throwback:
It means part of the obstacles to tertiary education would leave after destroying Nigerian education.

They will now find themselves in an environment where they cannot threaten or sexually harass students with impunity.

No more Cold Room enjoyment for them abroad.

Think before you talk.

While those in charge embezzle trillions, they daily steal oil, their children are in private universities and abroad, they make life harder for the citizens daily.

The common Agege bread is no longer common. Meals get more difficult to come by. They plunge the nation into more hardship, loans, etc and ask citizens to endure.

When such experienced people vacate in such numbers, gaps are created and the system and very difficult to fill. This government encourages more people with opportunities to japa. Those who cannot go legitimately, find their way through Niger.

Is it not better to get to environments with better salaries, assurances and without stress than to live in a failed nation?

2 Likes

Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by CSTRR: 7:53am On Sep 22, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Nonsense talk.

There are educated folks already waiting to take their job
You are not alright.

You think everything is about getting the certificate?

What of the experience that is being lost?
How do you pass it to the next generation?
Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by RosyIsBlessed: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2022
Wickedne.ss. Una worse pass Bubu. It's obvious this is deliberate.
Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by rickyrex(m): 7:54am On Sep 22, 2022
joelbooks:
Is this man actually a Professor?

Did he think all P.hD holders have placement in other climes?
so all P hd holders are lecturer
Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by PresidObi: 7:55am On Sep 22, 2022
gassbee:
are u earnin more than a university lecturer

Yes.
Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by airminem(f): 7:55am On Sep 22, 2022
rusher14:

You need a mental evaluation.

You think you can hoodwink the entire public?

Are lecturers from state universities ghouls that can live without food?

How come they are working ?

Are private university lecturers saints?

How come they earn less yet do their jobs without incessant strikes?

Where in the world do you get paid a full 6months of pay when you embark on a strike ?

Isn't that an incentive to always be on strike?

How come you can pay 150k per term for a 6 year old yet must oppose anything more than 40k per session for an undergraduate?

You is the one who needs serious mental evaluation immediately...The students will always be at the receiving side...Keep bluffing while their children graduate abroad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by FreeSpirited: 7:55am On Sep 22, 2022
whitebeard:
the matter just tire me and I am pretty sure the the person that posted that rubbish is a student that would still end up voting for tinubu, it only shows are badly the future of this country has been compromised. Best bet is too leave.
Honestly....they keep saying they can go..
Imagine being taught advance practical courses and procedures by young inexperienced tutors...the next generation of doctors, engineers, computer scientist will be rubbish trust me.....Our economy will only have inexperienced manpower who can't get job done...
I'm even scared of Nigeria medical sector.... people go die ehn

3 Likes

Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by Judolisco(m): 7:55am On Sep 22, 2022
Pwettylinda:
FTC to me grin

Who no like better thing? Any sensible and sound lecturer who has the opportunity to pursue his career outside and is still in Naija is a big fool.

Nigeria won't get better even in the next 30 years

Let's not deceive our selves it's not working. If you have the opportunity to japa pls do it fast

on a serious note unless we change d way we practice government... Nigeria may not even change in d next 30 yrs

1 Like

Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by kingthreat(m): 7:56am On Sep 22, 2022
PresidObi:

And be paid peanuts as usual.

Min pay of a lecturer is 150k. Way higher than what Peter Obi is paying Igbos like you to fool yourself on Nairaland.
Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by rickyrex(m): 7:57am On Sep 22, 2022
redfly:
Let them go and wash toilets elsewhere because I don't see how the average nigerian lecturer will get away with the things they do here in a saner country.
shit happens elsewhere. You are making it look like all white folks arr saints or don't engage in crimes and sexual abuses
Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by CSTRR: 7:57am On Sep 22, 2022
MT:
Most of Nigeria lecturers are not fit for purpose in western world. Most of them can leave for mostly blue collar jobs at best.

It is not by the appellation of unmerited titles (Dr., Prof) which they have politicized among themselves but giving real industry standard training to the students, which they are obviously not capable of.
Four of my former classmates in Nigeria are currently Graduate Teaching Assistants in America as a condition for their full tuition scholarship.

They did PhD right after their B.Eng in Nigeria, and are on track to become fully employed by their universities when they are done with their doctorates.

Absolutely brilliant fellows that Nigeria does not have enough of.
Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by PresidObi: 7:58am On Sep 22, 2022
kingthreat:

Min pay of a lecturer is 150k. Way higher than what Peter Obi is paying Igbos like you to fool yourself on Nairaland.

grin

Know this and know peace.

Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by rusher14: 7:58am On Sep 22, 2022
airminem:

You is the one who needs serious mental evaluation immediately...The students will always be at the receiving side...Keep bluffing while their children graduate abroad

Maybe when they go abroad they'll be able to strike for 6 months and get paid whilst doing so.

1 Like

Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by Grandmeister(m): 7:58am On Sep 22, 2022
redfly:
Let them go and wash toilets elsewhere because I don't see how the average nigerian lecturer will get away with the things they do here in a saner country.
This is the same thing your minister for labour, mr Chris nigige said when doctors were leaving “we have enough doctors” he said, fast forward to the present and they are asking doctors not to leave and for those outside to come back. Just continue allowing these old crooked farts to get away with their waywardness. Ngige treats himself and his family abroad, his children probably schooled abroad, his vacation is abroad…what about YOU?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by Rupertek: 7:58am On Sep 22, 2022
yhemsy62:

They are already moving outside the country
Let them leave. Will they have opportunity of earning in 3 different universities abroad? They will earn more abroad, but will work their socks out. Do they work here? Can these ones be able to adjust to the hardworking and zero corruption policy abroad?
Are you part of those that pay 150k for 6years old and insist government should be charging 30k for tertiary education?
ASUU should continue to collect the Peanuts until they advocate thems for the real independence of universities and fees to be paid

1 Like

Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by Cantonese: 7:58am On Sep 22, 2022
jubrilELsudan:
LET THEM LEAVE

WHEN I LEFT IN 2001....IT WAS AS IF I WAS THE LAST PERSON TO LEAVE NIGERIA CAUSE MOST PERSONS I KNEW AND OTHERS I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD HAD RELOCATED ABROAD

DOCTORS...LECTURERS....BANKERS.....IT PROFESSIONALS ETC HAVE ALL BEEN LEAVING SINCE THE 80'S AND 90'S AND YET THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A SKILL SHORTAGE IN NIGERIAN HISTORY

AS A MATTER OF FACT...EVEN BEFORE ALL THESE LECTURERS AND CO RESIGN AND LEAVE THEIR JOBS....THERE ARE MULTIPLE PERSONS WHO ARE EVEN PLANING TO POISON THEMSELVES TO TAKE THEIR POSITIONS

“ WHEN I LEFT IN 2001....IT WAS AS IF I WAS THE LAST”. Where did you leave to? With that your small android phone in your hand, looking for Agege bread and beans from your one room apartment in one small community. Abi is this not you that recently wrote your SS3 final exam and waiting for Jamb?

Abeg make we hear something bros.

1 Like

Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by Rupertek: 7:59am On Sep 22, 2022
Cixelo:
God will punish Buhari and Tinubu

Why? Whats their stake on this?
Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by Eleyigidgan: 8:00am On Sep 22, 2022
jubrilELsudan:
LET THEM LEAVE

give me this babe number
Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by airminem(f): 8:00am On Sep 22, 2022
kingthreat:

I thought as much that a FO0L like you will come up with such statement ......idiocy inclined

Go and rest or address why this greedy politicians who make laws and lead you have all of their children schooling abroad or in private university?. Dumbo!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by victorsola: 8:01am On Sep 22, 2022
nwekeugochukwu:

they should leave before na , with their generational lecture notes and ideas , Dey kuku don’t have anything to offer . Go and return no more . Make then dissolve the ASUU thing put people their and give those ones affordable salary.
Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by frank14011991(m): 8:02am On Sep 22, 2022
PresidObi:

And be paid peanuts as usual.
if lecturers want to be paid handsomely then tertiary education will not be subsidized
Re: Our Lecturers Will Leave This Country After The ASUU Strike - ASUU President by JJuanMiguel: 8:02am On Sep 22, 2022
Why wait till after the strike before leaving grin
Leave now, i don't see the need for repeating this every now and then.

Regardless of strike or no strike, it's hard to turn down an opportunity in a better country.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ogah Onwe Chinedu, EBSU Lecturer Accused Of Sexual Victimization (Photos) / Canada To Allow International Students To Work For Over 20 Hours Per Week / Peter Azor-Okorugbo Graduates From Near East University In Nicosia, Cyprus (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.