Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf (67734 Views)

SA President Cyril Ramaphosa Wears Palestinian Scarf, Pledges Solidarity (PICS) / Nothing Will Be Left Of Israel If It Acts Against Iran – President Raisi / Donald Trump Warns Hassan Rouhani, Iran President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Oluwaseunomo: 10:31am On Sep 23, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

There's nobody saying he's obligated to grant any interview. He agreed to the interview initially. No one forced him to.
He also has the right to change his mind.
What he doesn't have is the right to tell the journalist how to dress. That's nonsense. Moreso when he's in New York not Tehran.
The man is a closet jihadist and so is anyone supporting him.
It's just his own way of cutting amanpour wings
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by jrusky(m): 10:32am On Sep 23, 2022
Who cares. He can go to hell is the bastard the one paying Amanpour salary or is CNN fucking Iran property?

Thunder fire him headscarf my a s s these Ishmealites are too dumbs and always love creating tension with their religion of pardition filled with hypocrisy bittchs.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by SIRTee15: 10:34am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:

Global spotlight on Iran has always been there... they dont care...its still better than the protests by his people...besides , what do they want?? So for their women to stop wearing Hijab?? Y force ur own belief on a country that have their practice... so they force Americans to stop their gay agenda??

It's not my business how people run their countries and it shouldn't be yours either. But laws are made for people and not the other way round.
The gay rights law is unpopular in America and some neo-christian conservative states will soon pass laws banning such gay rights in their states just like they did with abortion.
Pls take note of above because it I noticed u confusing westernisation with Christianity. There are Christian regions in America that do not support depraved behaviours.
So just like America, if Iranian women do not want to wear hijab anymore, the govt has no right forcing them or sending them to jail not to talk of killing them. I repeat, laws are made for the people not the other way round. Even, hijab is no longer compulsory in Saudi Arabia as it's not popular among the younger generation.
Forcing people to live in a manner against their will is antagonistic to the basic right of an individual. That's what u lots don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by damosky12(m): 10:34am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:

American also execute citizens for crimes... in America u can go to prison for rejecting gay rights

America would not execute you for speaking against something.

America would not execute you for your choice of dressing.

America would not stone you to death because you speak against some religion.

America would not subjugate the female gender.

These Islamic nations are barbaric! They would execute anyone for the slightest reason.

3 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Edusouls(m): 10:35am On Sep 23, 2022
Men are God’s, we make The rules and women must follow
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by cybriz82(m): 10:35am On Sep 23, 2022
Cristiane Amanpour na real man u be n not an asslicker...
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by countryman13: 10:35am On Sep 23, 2022
[quote author=DonXavi post=116931055]

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/22/middleeasD man doesn't have anything meaningful to say. He just went to the generally assembly as a bench warmer
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Anaerobi(m): 10:36am On Sep 23, 2022
Her response is simple and understanding.

You can't make her wear such thing outside Iran.

You won't dictate a rule for me in my own home.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by asanausana91: 10:36am On Sep 23, 2022
Karleb:

It's really her loss. What will it take her to tie a scarf.

She does not owe him that but not everyone gets the chance to interview Iran president.
do you guys have brain at all? You go to his house and obey his order, he comes to your house and start giving you order again?
What does it take him to do his interview without looking for what she wear. Maybe some of you don't know who is Amanpour. She said she has interviewed every Iranian President since 1995. Mind you, Amanpour has interviewed almost all the president of this world, if Amanpour can interview Putin of Russia, Xi of China, north Korean president, US president, The queen of the world (queen Elizabeth) who is Iranian President?

4 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by countryman13: 10:37am On Sep 23, 2022
DonXavi:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/22/middleeast/iran-president-ebrahim-raisi-christiane-amanpour-intl/index.html
D man just went there as a bench warmer. He doesn't have anything meaningful to say. Abi Amanpour hair wan bite am?

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by rollywise(m): 10:39am On Sep 23, 2022
Religion is the problem if the world. This is extremism. You come to my studio to tell me what to do? Who does that? Is this man saying he doesn't talk to any woman who doesn't cover her hair? So if he goes to the stores to purchase anything he commands them to cover their hair else he's not buying? This is sickening. You don't impose your religion in others. Every religion must give room for tolerance. That's the only way to peaceful coexistence
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by tctrills: 10:39am On Sep 23, 2022
God1000:
This is serious, so Iran's President didn't realize that he's in America for now.

I support Christiane Amanpour on this, I'm sure she will wear it if she travels to Iran for this interview, but this is USA na.

We've seen western female journalists covering their heads in the middle East because it is necessary to do so over there.

Again this is coming when women across Iran are protesting against the death of a 22 year old woman in the custody of morality police and with dozens of protesters killed already.
Amanpour failed as a journalist. Her job was to get the interview done for her audience. Putting on a scarf is the minutest sacrifice she could have made to get the job done. As a journalist, you should be extremely flexible and sometimes go through inconveniences to get the news to your viewers.
Amanpour is beginning to forget what it takes to be in her position. As a journalist its everything for the news.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by advanceDNA: 10:41am On Sep 23, 2022
Decent09:

No no no, He just wanted her to practice religion of Christ, as being practiced by his mother Mary.

Check all pictures of Mary, the Mother of Jesus Christ.

.u muslims can justify anything with your desperation....if white man draw Mohammed now..u will cry blasphemy....
.but you are quick to use random white man drawing of mary as standard of women should dress...

.why dont u use this same drwaing of jesus below as standard for all men to cover their head and dress in robes

..he had no right to demand anything from her just because they want to talk together in neutral non religious location....are tgey in a mosque
How can u come to America and demand a woman must cover before u can allow her talk to you....and u said its not degrading...

she ddnt dress náked..for crying our loud the woman is 64...how is she going to sexually entice him....

2 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by FIRDAUS3(m): 10:42am On Sep 23, 2022
[quote author=lhordspy post=116931209]Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world, they did it with libya,iraq,syria,afghanistan,venezuela,russia, and many more. who remember the hongkong situation in china too?.

But the Iranian president is no coward like our African leaders that licks the feet of the Europeans.

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, she knows he will never accept to that, so why schedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president's religious doctrine.

It was definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in a bad way as extremists in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasn't around this time. This present day propaganda-dishing set of medias would have made us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world. You want to interview me without headscarf which is against my doctrine, i said No. Everyone can go their way then. Must you cry to the world? Na by force?

Modified : For everyone quoting me and coming right at me. We Nigerians are just usually unnecessarily emotional about religious sentimentalism. We are blind by religious sentiment, it doesnt even matter even if we are to be packed like chickens inside a single bus, or be reffer to as a third-world country. As far as our colonizers are christians, and we are too.. We dont give a damn about what they do to us and how they treat us.

For goodness sake, can't you see behind your religion blindness that this was planned by CNN and Amanpour incojunction with the US to put the iranian president in a bad light in the face of the world.? You guys dont know how dirty foreign politics can get. You think it is by peter obi vs tinubu type of gbas gbos Nigeria childish politics we play here. Foreign Politics is filthy, they will always tend to want to bring you down in one way or the other.

He knows their plan.. He stood his ground, he is not a coward like our african leaders that can be bully into submission. He should get a statue, he is a man after my heart, just next to vladmir Putin.

Kudos to you.... What an appropriate response to those who can't see beyond the wall!
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by asanausana91: 10:47am On Sep 23, 2022
Decent09:

It's his choice, He is not a Mumu Man like you.
no wonder you are a slave. This is the way you fools treat women like rags. She obey their rules when ever she goes to Iran but the foolish president cannot come to US and start dishing illegal order. Now tell me under which law did he derived the power to decide what she can wear?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by 7arrows: 10:48am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
Why schedule an interview with him when you know you won't put on a scarf? To score cheap political point or what? Just listen to the woman's defence? Talking as if the man forced her to wear a scarf.

Don't know why this crazy people derive some kind of joy in tarnishing the image of Islam and Muslims in general. Must you interview him without a scarf? If he isn't going to be comfortable with you interviewing him with your hair opened, why persist in the first place?

I don't know what hijab did to some people. Is just a piece of cloth. Doesn't bite anybody. So why the noise about something that you won't wear and nobody is forcing you to wear it

Please read well before you comment.

Amanpour, who grew up in the Iranian capital Tehran and is a fluent Farsi speaker, said that she wears a head scarf while reporting in Iran to comply with the local laws and customs, “otherwise you couldn’t operate as a journalist.” But she said that she would not cover her head to conduct an interview with an Iranian official outside a country where it is not required.

Here in New York, or anywhere else outside of Iran, I have never been asked by any Iranian president – and I have interviewed every single one of them since 1995 – either inside or outside of Iran, never been asked to wear a head scarf,” she said on CNN’s “New Day” program Thursday.

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:48am On Sep 23, 2022
Oluwaseunomo:

It's just his own way of cutting amanpour wings
What wings?
Did she ask him to wear a suit for the interview
You're supporting terrorism

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by asanausana91: 10:49am On Sep 23, 2022
Decent09:

It's his choice, He is not a Mumu Man like you.
if this woman had told him to remove that cap, how will you feel?

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Flamemignon1(m): 10:51am On Sep 23, 2022
Decent09:

How can people live happily with immoralities everywhere.
Immoralities is a subjective term,what you find immoral may be natural to me, it's a society norm not a natural concept,noticed I used natural and not normal

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Delacroix6(m): 10:52am On Sep 23, 2022
blinking001:

I'm glad he declined. Western women and their rubbish culture knows no bounds.

Even Moslems are protesting in Iran against extremism....
Don't cry, everyone wants freedom . Not somee hypocritical few compelling the mass to do what they're not even practising behind closed doors.

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Morphinne: 10:54am On Sep 23, 2022
I’m with Christiane Amanpour on this. When you’re in Rome, you behave like the Romans. Raisi should realize that his country laws are restricted only to his country. You can’t dictate or force someone outside the four corners of your country to comply with the laws of your land. You’re in America sir grin
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Farrakhann: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2022
God1000:
This is serious, so Iran's President didn't realize that he's in America for now.

I support Christiane Amanpour on this, I'm sure she will wear it if she travels to Iran for this interview, but this is USA na.

We've seen western female journalists covering their heads in the middle East because it is necessary to do so over there.

Again this is coming when women across Iran are protesting against the death of a 22 year old woman in the custody of morality police and with dozens of protesters killed already.

Is she dump ? The president of iran is muslim and she has to understand that In Islam don't talk with women without them covering their head...They only talk with women without covering their head in the room,when they are performing their duities

She has to educate herself on that
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by ComeToJesus: 11:01am On Sep 23, 2022
Islamists just have a problem with everything in this world. What problem do you have with someone's hair?

You want to influence a person's dress sense in a liberal land? Short sighted, barbaric and bigoted.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by JOemmy(m): 11:02am On Sep 23, 2022
I never knew amanpour is Iranian.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Beverlyjean(f): 11:04am On Sep 23, 2022
SIRTee15:

It's not my business how people run their countries and it shouldn't be yours either. But laws are made for people and not the other way round.
The gay rights law is unpopular in America and some neo-christian conservative states will soon pass laws banning such gay rights in their states just like they did with abortion.
Pls take note of above because it I noticed u confusing westernisation with Christianity. There are Christian regions in America that do not support depraved behaviours.
So just like America, if Iranian women do not want to wear hijab anymore, the govt has no right forcing them or sending them to jail not to talk of killing them. I repeat, laws are made for the people not the other way round. Even, hijab is no longer compulsory in Saudi Arabia as it's not popular among the younger generation.
Forcing people to live in a manner against their will is antagonistic to the basic right of an individual. That's what u lots don't understand.

Hijab is not a country's law...but a religious law...its for the islam States... if u don't want it no more , then convert to another religion... y must've man take off his hat when entering the church ? Or u will support if men also rebel against it ... if u are not comfortable with ur religions law , then change religion...u cant force what u want against ur own religion ...

Absolute freedom destroys the moral or decent fabric of the society.... life in Iran is way better than life in America...

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Beverlyjean(f): 11:04am On Sep 23, 2022
asanausana91:
see mumu, did she decide for him what he will wear? Why is he deciding for her?

Don't b stupid
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Fearyourcreator: 11:04am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world, they did it with libya,iraq,syria,afghanistan,venezuela,russia, and many more. who remember the hongkong situation in china too?.

But the Iranian president is no coward like our African leaders that licks the feet of the Europeans.

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, she knows he will never accept to that, so why schedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president's religious doctrine.

It was definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in a bad way as extremists in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasn't around this time. This present day propaganda-dishing set of medias would have made us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world. You want to interview me without headscarf which is against my doctrine, i said No. Everyone can go their way then. Must you cry to the world? Na by force?

Modified : For everyone quoting me and coming right at me. We Nigerians are just usually unnecessarily emotional about religious sentimentalism. We are blind by religious sentiment, it doesnt even matter even if we are to be packed like chickens inside a single bus, or be reffer to as a third-world country. As far as our colonizers are christians, and we are too.. We dont give a damn about what they do to us and how they treat us.

For goodness sake, can't you see behind your religion blindness that this was planned by CNN and Amanpour incojunction with the US to put the iranian president as an extremist?. They have always want to bring him down, and they eventually have their chance on a world stage like UNGA . They finally hit the jackpot, that singular refusal will be stream and deliberate on for 24hours Non-stop. You guys dont know how dirty foreign politics can get. You think it is by peter obi vs tinubu type of gbas gbos Nigeria childish politics we play here. Foreign Politics is filthy, they will always tend to want to bring you down in one way or the other.

He knows their plan.. He stood his ground, he is not a coward like our african leaders that can be bully into submission. He should get a statue, he is a man after my heart, just next to vladmir Putin.
Smiles.... Am a Christian... West ehn... They are separators... Its doesnt matter the ground ... If the journalist from USA dont want to use scarf she won't too... She just knows she wont be on their soil... It choice... They all hypocrites... Their media propaganda is really sickening
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by sagenaija: 11:05am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
Why schedule an interview with him when you know you won't put on a scarf? To score cheap political point or what? Just listen to the woman's defence? Talking as if the man forced her to wear a scarf.

Don't know why this crazy people derive some kind of joy in tarnishing the image of Islam and Muslims in general. Must you interview him without a scarf? If he isn't going to be comfortable with you interviewing him with your hair opened, why persist in the first place?

I don't know what hijab did to some people. Is just a piece of cloth. Doesn't bite anybody. So why the noise about something that you won't wear and nobody is forcing you to wear it

If a person comes to your house and insists that you must serve him PORK when you don't take it what would you do?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by ComeToJesus: 11:05am On Sep 23, 2022
Farrakhann:

Is she dump ? The president of iran is muslim and she has to understand that In Islam don't talk with women without them covering their head...They only talk with women without covering their head in the room,when they are performing their duities

She has to educate herself on that

Isn't it hypocritical that he attended a meeting that women without hijab would attend? A meeting that some female speakers will speak without hijab?

It is self delusion when you view the world with jaundiced, bigoted and self-serving lenses.

Maybe he mistook the UNGA for a lesser hajj.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Beverlyjean(f): 11:06am On Sep 23, 2022
uniquetechng:
Not in this instance, you cant tell a man how to arrange his furniture before you visit , does it make any sense to you ?

If he doesn't agree with ur terms, stop crying foul .. he dint ask for the interview, she did ....
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Karleb(m): 11:08am On Sep 23, 2022
asanausana91:
do you guys have brain at all? You go to his house and obey his order, he comes to your house and start giving you order again?
What does it take him to do his interview without looking for what she wear. Maybe some of you don't know who is Amanpour. She said she has interviewed every Iranian President since 1995. Mind you, Amanpour has interviewed almost all the president of this world, if Amanpour can interview Putin of Russia, Xi of China, north Korean president, US president, The queen of the world (queen Elizabeth) who is Iranian President?

Who is this frustrated soul now?

The man has the right to demand she wears a head scarf anywhere. It does not matter whether he is wrong or right to demand that.

CNN needs the news more than he needs to clear the air about the killings in his country.

Her CV does not matter here. People have also demanded they be allowed to wear scarf even where it's not allowed and necessary and they got what they wanted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Taliban Fighters Killed & Captured After Afghan Militias Seize 3 Districts / Jerusalem: ''to Know Who The 45th US President Is, Read Isaiah 45'' - FFK / SCREENSHOT. Rev Reinhard Bonnkie Speaks On Homosexuality.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.