Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? (58228 Views)

If Earth Is Hot Like This, How Will Hell Be? / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / EFCC Returning N11.9M Stolen By RCCG Deacon To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by lyricalz: 1:53pm On Oct 02, 2022
Righteousness2:
Deuteronomy 22:5
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are
abomination
unto the LORD thy God.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 21:27
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

With these, do you mean it's a sin for a woman to wear trousers? What about my own native urhobo men style of dressing by wearing wrappers, what about the native Scottish men style of dressing by wearing skirts? It's the same way native Americans and Europeans women wear trousers because the weather there has made it a culture for them.
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by kologba: 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2022
If it covers ur body...u are good to go

1 Like

Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by etrange: 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2022
It's not about the material but the style. You probably chose those pictures to make it seem all bad, but I can still see a lady wearing it in a decent way. When it's not too tight and the top is completely covers the hip, I think it's OK. The whole idea is to cover your body and your curves.
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by mrdipye(m): 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2022
I want to see the picture of the lady in church first before I judge
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by sync(f): 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2022
No Spirit-filled church would accept this
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2022
Righteousness2:

Who will you obey? GOD or society?
so where did God say that trouser is for man and skirt for woman because as we know it, they mostly wore robes and not trousers then so who are you to dictate what is rightfully for a man and what isn’t for a woman?
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by udeh3(m): 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2022
Sometimes when these and other related questions arises, I just ask, where is the place of the Holy Spirit.

When as a Christian you have the Holy Spirit, these questions becomes unnecessary
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Anakazo22: 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2022
Righteousness2:
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are
abomination
unto the LORD thy God.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

I agree on most of your post and I really enjoy your comments but I totally disagree with this particular comments on dressing because you are taking scriptures out of context here... In as much as I stand for decent dressing it's not dressing that takes people to heaven but rather the blood of Jesus. If you imply that dressing indecent will take someone to hell, it therefore means my dressing is powerful than the blood of Jesus.
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Arielle: 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2022
guobe:
In church today a girl wore a hot leather jeans. She is quite the fashionable type and she was looking hot in it.

Is leather jeans a no or a yes to church?
You went to church to look at what others are wearing?? I thought you went to pray and commune with God. Instead your eyes were roaming around looking for who to judge and castigate. Mind your own business and leave people to mind theirs.

1 Like

Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Taylordedon(m): 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2022
Its completely wrong for a woman to wear such seductive outfit to the house of God, if you can't simply dress like these to work or an interview, or even going to see a superior why would a woman dress like these to the Temple of God...these is why Christianity lost it long long time ago

Thank God I no be Christian
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Patokens: 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2022
IN YOUR MIND.YOUR VAIN OPINION OR GOD'S FEARFUL COMMANDMENTS?I SORRY FOR YOUR TYPE WHO THINK THEY ARE SOMETHING BEFORE THE FEARLESS GOD?

quote author=Cypress042 post=116993537]I don't think wearing leather jeans to church is a sin because she isn't seducing anyone.

The earlier we christians admit that serving God is in our hearts, is the better for us.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Flame77: 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2022
Cypress042:
I don't think wearing leather jeans to church is a sin because she isn't seducing anyone.

The earlier we christians admit that serving God is in our hearts, is the better for us.

How do you differentiate between ripe and unripe oranges?

1 Like

Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Adakintroy: 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2022
Evilblackman:

And where did you get that from?
I feel you lack understanding of The definition of freedom
Nothing like too much freedom
And nothing like freedom is bondage
They opposite words
Don’t act like you didn’t go to school

If there is no such thing as too much freedom why do we restrain children or why are they a thousand and more laws regulating human conducts. Pls try to answer intelligently without debasing this conversation to random insults.
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by themanderon: 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2022
The questions one should ask is what is your intention for wearing such to church? Does the jeans portray holiness and righteousness which should always be our watchword at all times as Christians? Is my clothing going to lead anyone astray? And lastly who does that dressing glorify, Christ or the Devil? If you can sincerely give an honest answer to those questions then you don't need anyone to tell you that wearing that thing to church or any other place is very wrong. Don't allow the new generation of "Church is in the heart" people to deceive you. We should portray Christ at all times and not just in churches.
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by mabea: 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2022
Righteousness2:
abomination
unto the LORD thy God.

I wish you quoted a different scripture. Did you know that they are other things listed in that chapter you quoted which you people don't bother yourselves with yet you chose the one that best suits your narratives.

1 Like

Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Righteousness2(m): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2022
Irrespective of what the world thinks or does,
The Word of GOD is the Standard. Not man, position or Title.
Eternity is a Personal Race
The Word of GOD is what will be used to Judge not the word of Pastor .

Lekan239:
are you indirectly say bishop Oyedepo and other pastors around the world who allows thousand members of their church wear what they desire, are you saying they are misleading their members?

Your partial nature won't make you call the names of those pastors you think are misleading people out because they also use the tag Christian. Assuming they are Muslim you would have used them as examples in your daily life preaching and preaching on the part of hell God would cast them.
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Evilblackman(m): 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2022
Adakintroy:

If there is no such thing as too much freedom why do we restrain children or why are they a thousand and more laws regulating human conducts. Pls try to answer intelligently without debasing this conversation to random insults.

From your statement you implied that too much freedom can become bondage , now I’m trying to let you understand that freedom and bondage are two opposite words
The opposite of bondage is freedom
Now you are bringing in the crime as an example which doesn’t correlate
Restraining children is like limiting their free will
These laws were not put in place because of too much freedom
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by OdefaGirl(f): 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2022
What some women wear to church these days is so disgraceful and condemnable......

Although some doesn't see it as anything but I would even prefer someone in jeans than these Ankara and laces that are showing everything.
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Righteousness2(m): 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2022
Let me advice you and anyone who cares to listen! Obey the Word of GOD, leave Grammar and stories.
You know what is right and wrong, no matter how you try to deceive or console yourself.
If Heaven matters then you, you will leave unnecessary talks and obey the word of GOD.
Read Mark 9:43-48 to have an understanding of the matter of Eternity.

mabea:
I wish you quoted a different scripture. Did you know that they are other things listed in that chapter you quoted which you people don't bother yourselves with yet you chose the one that best suits your narratives.
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Cypress042(m): 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2022
Patokens:
IN YOUR MIND.YOUR VAIN OPINION OR GOD'S FEARFUL COMMANDMENTS?I SORRY FOR YOUR TYPE WHO THINK THEY ARE SOMETHING BEFORE THE FEARLESS GOD?

We'all are nothing before the lord, but the truth is we serve God with our hearts and not with our appearance.
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Cypress042(m): 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2022
supereagle:

Any anything you wear that is showing your body contours is seductive. Anything you wear and look hot in it that the people are hailing you especially Men folk, iti is seductive.

This is the reason i said we serve God with our hearts, the lady wearing the leather jeans might not have any bad intension, we are the ones reading meaning to it.

1 Like

Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Cypress042(m): 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2022
Flame77:

How do you differentiate between ripe and unripe oranges?

C'mon cheesy, i can see where you're driving to but see, it doesn't work that way. Our appearance most times doesn't matter, God is only interested in our hearts not on things we wear.
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Kwara1stson: 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2022
Righteousness2:
abomination
unto the LORD thy God.

They that Have Ears to Hear, Let them Hear.
who said trousers are meant for men? In the olden days men n women wore gowns.

1 Like

Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Ten06(m): 3:46pm On Oct 02, 2022
You call this hot, what is hot in it? Sinfulness
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by GRACEGLORY: 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2022
Righteousness2:
abomination
unto the LORD thy God.

Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Cypress042(m): 3:49pm On Oct 02, 2022
BATified2023:
if serving God is in our hearts then walking naked to church should also be okay since we only care about the heart?

Coming to that weren't adam and eve naked in the garden of eden?

Did God comdemn them for that, weren't they still serving God.
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by GoldSantana: 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2022
Righteousness2:
abomination
unto the LORD thy God.

Add this

Deuteronomy 22:11
You shall not wear a garment of different sorts, such as wool and linen mixed together.
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Greystone: 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2022
guobe:
In church today a girl wore a hot leather jeans. She is quite the fashionable type and she was looking hot in it.

Is leather jeans a no or a yes to church?

And you couldn’t snap pic codedly for us to assess her hot shape.
You be guyman at all? undecided

Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by Lovelydaisies: 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2022
The same person would dress like Hillary Clinton before going for an interview whether physical or online. Or maybe she wants to meet an important personality, she'll definitely look less 'hot'.
We are doing ourselves. Woke Christians and their 'God sees our hearts' motto. An excuse to misbehave. Nonsense and slaying. angry
Re: Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? by spiralwedge(m): 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2022
Righteousness2:
abomination
unto the LORD thy God.

Myopic.

So, you don't know that there are female trousers?

If your point is about trousers, then Jesus didn't wear trousers but skirt, wrapper. Skirts are worn in some parts of the world by men. In other parts of the world, they wear leaves or nothing.

Some blaspheming.

God did not say trousers belong to boys and skirts to girls. It is because you are unexposed.

Now going to the interpretation of the scripture in Deut.
- Who said it?
- to whom was it said?
-why?
- what was the dispensation/era?
-what cultural background?
- what is the typology and application for the new testament era?
- what implications for today?

If you don't know you have to always ask the above questions everytime you read the old testament then you are such an ignorant heretic.

Jesus said it is what comes from inside that pollutes, not what you put on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pator Adeboye: Pray Against Flood And Fire Incidents, A Big One Is Coming / Mohamad Amin Faridi: From Jihad To Jesus #10yearchallenge Of A Christian Convert / Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.