Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures (33517 Views)

Letter Ordering VCs To Reopen Universities / ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock / IPPIS: Some VCs Collected N58,000 As February Salary – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by detectivejones: 11:31am On Sep 26, 2022
After how many months, last minute effort
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by shortIGBOman: 11:32am On Sep 26, 2022
System202:
Nigerians are hundred percent behind ASUU. Buhari Do your worst, you are useless , come 29may u and your cohorts especially this ngige will b history

Na lie. It is only Peter Obi's IPOB supporters that are behind ASUU. Operation no WORK NO PAY continues.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Confirm4real(m): 11:32am On Sep 26, 2022
Most girls in university into hookup won't like this at all grin

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by adioolayi(m): 11:32am On Sep 26, 2022
Directing VCs to open Universities is not a huge deal... afterall...na VCs close am before..

Where problem dey be say, directing VCs to direct ASSU to resume lectures is what I don't understand...na VCs tell ASUU to stop classes before grin cheesy grin cheesy

The person that issue that communiqué must be high on Osogbo weed grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by ManOfSon: 11:33am On Sep 26, 2022
If the FG could simply order ASUU back the class what was the point of the case before the National Industrial court?
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Polaris1: 11:34am On Sep 26, 2022
Thisis2raw:
Tho it's quite unfortunate am a partake of this strike, am suppose to a graduate now, cuz this is my last semester.
Still I'm behind ASUU on this one.
You are an undergraduate?
In linguistics maybe? smiley
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 26, 2022
Amayabor1:

Na now ASUU be terrorist group. When them dey strike under GEJ, una dey insult the then PDP government and support ASUU.

Bunch of hypocrites!
but you don't know that I was a PDP member until few weeks ago. If PDP had picked Wike I'd have still been a PDP member

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Kingozymandias(m): 11:34am On Sep 26, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Na lie. It is only Peter Obi's IPOB supporters that are behind ASUU. Operation no WORK NO PAY continues.
E pain am

Obi will be your president for the next 8 years . Oya cry more sweet salty tears for us grin

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by boldtruthalways: 11:35am On Sep 26, 2022
Very senseless government. How can you force a lecturer back to class? Are they normal? Well, this is what happens when you have nonentity as President.
They waste billions on frivolities but can't spend money on our education. What a shame! This strike will not end until the FG does the needful. The case has been appealed. They should get ready....evil and corrupt government.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by zikter(m): 11:35am On Sep 26, 2022
Mumi government. Did the VCs close the universities? The universities were open since. Only lecturers were not lecturing
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Judolisco(m): 11:39am On Sep 26, 2022
Spirit04:
Only Buhari has had the mind to deal with the terrorist group called ASUU. Una don dey strike since the time of Obasanjo. Una no get shame?
which obasanjo? ASUU Don dey strike since military days
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by comrChris(m): 11:40am On Sep 26, 2022
This federal government is just daft.
Are they really aware that they are dealing with intellectuals? ASUU is not a union they can toss around anyhow, they have been doing that and getting away with it but, this time ASUU is saying no and there's nothing FG can do except to settle them.

If I hear ASUU open schools by intimidation
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Moseshasss: 11:40am On Sep 26, 2022
I don't see ASUU teaching any STUDENT......when forced back �
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by egunna(m): 11:40am On Sep 26, 2022
Iliveforever:
This FG is worst than madman.
So what if the schools open and the lecturers and professors decides not to give more than 10% of the knowledge needed, Shey the FG will come and give the remaining 90% or the students should move on like that?
which knowedge were dey giving before?u funny ooo.most of us only went to classes to mark attendance.all we needed was the course outline.wetin Dem dey teach before?

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ximenez(m): 11:41am On Sep 26, 2022
ikorodureporta:
Na people wey dem owe won lecture there ??
FG is not owing ASUU any money na.
FG paid ASUU until they decided to go and vacation.
I can guarantee you that if ASUU resume now, their October salary is sure.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:41am On Sep 26, 2022
Nigeria joke of the month!
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by colestephan86: 11:42am On Sep 26, 2022
System202:
Nigerians are hundred percent behind ASUU. Buhari Do your worst, you are useless , come 29may u and your cohorts especially this ngige will b history
Don't be a fool, ASUU is loosing it's support .
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by samuel900(m): 11:42am On Sep 26, 2022
Your father.........eranko. Go heaven go look for the person or probably ask Mr. Funso when u get there.
Dshocker:
Who killed Funsho Williams?
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by star2008(m): 11:42am On Sep 26, 2022
Dshocker:
Who killed Funsho Williams?
Ibeere ?
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by nimash: 11:43am On Sep 26, 2022
System202:
Stop insult nah, if na so e easy, previous government wey sign d agreement no fit fulfil am.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by HolyPussy: 11:44am On Sep 26, 2022
Brendaniel:
FG should settle them and stop all these nonsense, I see a lot of people here blaming ASUU, but what they don't know is the implication of ASUU succumbing to FG, you see police behavior to Nigerian citizens will be a child's play when it comes to extortion on Nigerian students and the education delivery will be become even poorer just like Police service delivery is in Nigeria presently, The police has succumbed to that system a long time ago, that is why Nigerians suffer under the police system in Nigeria...

Let the FG pay them, it is a battle of survival for the educational system

ASUU can never be stronger than FG.

If you as a lecturer decides to start extorting the students, don't ever forget that you can be SACKED.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by seunayantokun(m): 11:44am On Sep 26, 2022
Very daft set of people. Lecturers are your children you can kick back to class? Please, move your violence forward a bit by sacking them. As if you had the interest of the suffering students in your hearts in the first place. Yeyenatu.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Justinpm(m): 11:45am On Sep 26, 2022
Jman06:
Nice one. But don't forget to do the needful by continuing negotiation with ASUU, reaching a workable agreement and implementing same.

there is nothing to negotiate again, they should implement the already negotiated agreement/recommendations. Very simple. But the FG rather keeps shifting the goalposts. But it's very fast to increase salaries of political office holders... Crazy FG
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by comrChris(m): 11:45am On Sep 26, 2022
Thisis2raw:
Tho it's quite unfortunate am a partake of this strike, am suppose to a graduate now, cuz this is my last semester.

Still I'm behind ASUU on this one.
You're a partaker or you're affected by the strike?
Or are you also an ASUU member?
Because I don't understand
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by comrChris(m): 11:49am On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
good one

ASUU should resume lectures

Likewise, negotiations should keep going on simultaneously with FG.

To the victory of Nigeria
Who takes this one serious
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 26, 2022
lagosrd:
Foolish idea. Are they the ones that will teach ?

If I set you any question, anything you write is correct. I fact all my students will score 100% so that everyone will be happy. The medical students and engineering will benefit better.

Unserious set of people. Negotiate and give ASUU Just 4billion out of the 23billion your party made from sales of nomination forms.

4 Billion might look like a lot of money, but ASUU needs something like a trillion naira at least, over a year. If not more, and in continous funding...

4 billion, unless it was 4 billion dollars or pounds, won't cut it.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Bluntemperor: 11:50am On Sep 26, 2022
Hueyreckless0007:

Which Nigerians?

Speak for yourself.

So, by ordering the Universities to re- opened by VCs,is that the solution to lack of Funding, Infrastructural decadence ,lack of Research and Development?
Would the VC enters the Classroom for - ALL the Departments to teach our Children and for how long?.
We need a holistic and comprehensive approach to lift of the School Standard,with ASUU.
So govt and ASUU should set an agreement to move Nigeria Tertiary Institutions forward .
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Parachoko: 11:51am On Sep 26, 2022
GreyLaw:

The government should send soldiers and police officers to go arrest them then. Hahahaha... Buhari and his government have no moral right to force anybody to obey court orders. If he could his the barrel of the hun he would have used it long ago; now he couldn't he went to court. This is the same Buhari who has been flouting court orders since the first year he got into office.

Abeg, next thing jare!
Any lecturer that fails to resume will be fired!!

The Industrial Court already told them to resume work.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by SPOLO(m): 11:52am On Sep 26, 2022
This people are confusing me.
I wanted to resign from this my little job and go and learn photograph.

And now they said they should Re-open schools.
Abi make I wait small till Next week?

Just so confused
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 26, 2022
GreyLaw:

The same money they are asking for less than 10 people have been looted more than that ain't since Buhari came to power.

People are not stupid. With Nigeria's current structure, any additional income via taxes would still be embezzled through thr civil service commission and politicians.

It is not a matter of looting..or corruption...universites are badly funded to begin with, and the corruption makes the matter worse...plus it is a byproduct of the poor funding.

Plus, the 2009 agreement committed government to spend 1.5 trillion over 2 years. In extra funding. UN was speculating that universites need 1.4 trillion in additional funding yearly and that was some years ago.

No matter the structure we use...universities cannot fund themselves from fees of less than 500 dollars a year, unless tax income was enough to cover the rest, or fees go up.

P.S I am not backing Buhari or excusing corruption, and my views were formed after GEJ told universites in 2013 that government could not give them the money they were asking for...which led me to read up more.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? / Kwara Poly Students Protest Increase In Fees, Destroy Properties (pics) / Cynthia Okafor Is University Of Ibadan Best Pharmacy Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.