Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately (40234 Views)

ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) / Over 2000 Edo Teachers To Commence Teaching With ICT Tools From April 23 / UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by money121(m): 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2022
Lobatan
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Judolisco(m): 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2022
Dis matter go long gan
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Cocolatti(m): 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2022
CONUA- Congress of Ngige University Academics

8 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
I heard that the FG will pay CONUA members the 7months salary together with October and November salaries.

Nice gesture by FG to encourage CONUA in their quest to rescue our universities from being destroyed by ASUU.

ASUU is going on strike because the alternative is the vice chancellors raising fees to as high as 600000 naira or more. Per annum.

Which would be out of the reach of the poor
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by GeneralPula: 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
I heard that the FG will pay CONUA members the 7months salary together with October and November salaries.

Nice gesture by FG to encourage CONUA in their quest to rescue our universities from being destroyed by ASUU.
ASUU is a scam. Students would eventually realize this.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Trojan8(m): 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2022
Epositive:

The result will be counterproductive in the long run. Do remember the active members of ASUU are professors and top lecturers. Besides, what will it take the FG to meet ASUU's demands?

ASUU is being inconsiderate, and it has to be said. Most schools are still battling with the gap the pandemic created, and a union decides to strike for 5 months. Is there actually a scenario where they would get all the demands that they are requesting for?

They should have tried to negotiate instead of keeping lives on standstill for personal gains.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Idoko619(m): 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:
There's a thin line between demands and Blackmail. ASUU seem to be very good in using students as blackmail but it seems FG is serious with them this time around.

First you go on strike without even considering the students who are not complaining of anything, then you claim FG wants to destroy the university system, now you're dictating to your employer to accept your own mode of payment, then after all has lingered on for months close to a year you're still demanding all your salaries and arreas throughout those months sat at home should be paid or else you won't call off lol.

I hope FG pays CONUA the 8 months salaries to make lecturers ditch the selfish ASUU so they can be rendered useless. The educational sector is bad yet, ASUU continues contributing to the rot by wasting student's time at home. Nonsense and ASUU

Can you hear yourself.
FG should pay CONUA but to pay ASUU is bad.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by vengertime: 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:

You always hear nonsense
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Yankee101: 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
Medical schools usually remain open to prevent breaking the critical learning process to becoming a doctor

A knowledge gap in medicine can mean loss of lives

Don't know why they're being forced to join. Medical doctor lecturers and vet medicine already earn much higher than regular lecturers

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Mrkumareze(m): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
I hope you know that government's expenditures are budgeted for?

FG promised to release the financial aspect of ASUU'S demands in next year's budget, but ASUU did not agree.

On salary review, FG also accepted to make some upward adjustments in their salaries, to be reflected in next year's budget but ASUU would have none of that.

UTAS was said to have failed integrity tests so cannot be deployed as payment platform for the lecturers for now, yet ASUU is insisting that it must be deployed. Office of the accountant general of the federation has also asked to capture any peculiar allowances of lecturers on IPPIS but ASUU wouldn't take that.

When was agreement reached between ASUU and FG? How many budget has the government initiated since then ?
Oga, short term solution has never solved any problem, it ll keep lingering

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Gourdoinc(m): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
Let's see if this solves the issue. Fools in government. What is the membership spread of conuas, who knows them, who belongs to them.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
GeneralPula:

ASUU is a scam. Students would eventually realize this.

ASUU is striking because if they did not, within a few years the funding gap for gover ment schools would be so high that fees would have to.shoot up to meet it

Either government finds money for ASUU or fees, taxes go up or subsides on petrol get removed so that the extra funding needed for unis can be found
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
Rilwayne001:

I can bet you there's no way they would. FG would not give them as much power as ASUU had in order to prevent future loggerheads like they currently have with ASUU.

I actually like FGs decision to empower another union. ASUU has been so stubborn and their stubbornness is affecting the students.
stubborn....u no well,y not face FG
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2022
Welcome development
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by udeh3(m): 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:

Does that solves the real issues bordering tertiary education in Nigeria?

Are you aware that our educational sector is one of the most poorly funded sector in Africa?
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Beverlyjean(f): 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:
There's a thin line between demands and Blackmail. ASUU seem to be very good in using students as blackmail but it seems FG is serious with them this time around.

First you go on strike without even considering the students who are not complaining of anything, then you claim FG wants to destroy the university system, now you're dictating to your employer to accept your own mode of payment, then after all has lingered on for months close to a year you're still demanding all your salaries and arreas throughout those months sat at home should be paid or else you won't call off lol.

I hope FG pays CONUA the 8 months salaries to make lecturers ditch the selfish ASUU so they can be rendered useless. The educational sector is bad yet, ASUU continues contributing to the rot by wasting student's time at home. Nonsense and ASUU

Why can't FG allow ASUU to run the universities??
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Promising5555: 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:

This is not good for God's sake, Nigeria has what it takes to give us quality education, ASUU demand is for fair pay and quality education system, bypassing it to just be teaching students the old way makes our educational systems to continue to downgrade
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by ogatboy(m): 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:

You missed the part of government signing an agreement and not keeping to what it signed. That is breach of contract first of all. The educational system cannot be effective in this way. When the new union go their own strike and ASUU is not on strike, then universities cannot still go on.

If HOD is in ASUU and junior staff is in new union, how will it work?

We honestly just have daft govenment.

6 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by itsRhamzy: 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2022
atinga1:

APC urchin spotted
Thunder Faya you and APC together. If una like no resume or obey court order you hear? E go soon clear for una eyes. I hope Buhari doesn't pay shishi to any lecturer for those 8 months of students time wasted. Nonsense.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by duro4chang(m): 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2022
Epositive:

The result will be counterproductive in the long run. Do remember the active members of ASUU are professors and top lecturers. Besides, what will it take the FG to meet ASUU's demands?
If it is easy to meet their need I think it could have been done by the past administration. Now that the economy is bad will it be possible?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Angelfrost(m): 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2022
Divide and Rule everywhere, even inside education sector!

Sigh... This is not leadership at all!

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by etrange: 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2022
deavicky:
I'm not sure you ever went to school. Very low IQ

I may not agree with the guy you quoted, but after reading his comment and yours, it's obvious you're the one commenting like an under-the-bridge kind of person. If you were educated, you would have known that calling him a person with a low IQ because you didn't agree with his opinion is a very uncivilized way of making your point.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by itsRhamzy: 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2022
ogatboy:

You missed the part of government signing an agreement and not keeping to what it signed. That is breach of contract first of all.
agreement that has been renegotiated or which agreement are we talking about again?
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Belleful: 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2022
I just hate this short man devil call Ngige.
With this kind of man and the people that accepted to work against their fellow lecturers, Nigeria will never unite in any struggle to better the life's of the poor masses.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by 00FFT00(m): 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2022
Tonygeesm:
Stupid government.wey no dey regard the rules of law

ASUU has been served the same meal borrowed from Gowon's playbook. This is Nigeria's Gestapo way of dealing with matters whose formation and existence they are also culpable in. What's at issue is the lack of trust on both sides. In other words, Nigerians do not trust themselves. What plays out in our national lives is what also plagues us privately.

ASUU, lick your wounds and move on as those whom Gowon served his poisoned meal did and are now better for it.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2022
This is not the best decision but ASUU ma too do. I promise I will buy a dog and name it ASUU. I hate them!!!
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by OgaDeyVex: 2:40pm On Oct 05, 2022
Nawa o
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Angelfrost(m): 2:40pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:

Why is the education sector bad and what has APC led government put in place to rescue and restore it??!

The quality of professionals and graduates being released daily is so bad, they are almost unemployable!
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Promising5555: 2:40pm On Oct 05, 2022
The real reason FG is funding CONUA is to use them to rig elections since ASUU told students to vote out APC, simple

3 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by ChukwuObe: 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2022
Epositive:

You should have asked this question form the government that entered in to agreements with ASUU but did not fulfil the agreement since 2019/2010. I think they will have answers as to why they did not fulfil the agreements

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by kingyakos: 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:

Base on your post which u said the student ain't complaining of anything.
Please i want to ask you if the student were to complain, what would they complain of?..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Some Facts About Nigeria You Never Knew / YABATECH Final Year Studen Dies After Falling Off Car During Signout Celebration / Mass Communication Degree To Be Phased Out As Professors Submit New Curricula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.