Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately (40235 Views)

ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) / Over 2000 Edo Teachers To Commence Teaching With ICT Tools From April 23 / UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Shikena(m): 7:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
Well, that's life. That's exactly what the lecturers also do indirectly to students union in their schools to incapacitate them.

Most of our universities are more tyrannical than military formations. Students have little or no say, they will get brutalized by the university authorities without any help from government.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Masterito(m): 7:25pm On Oct 05, 2022
Why not this year? Do you know long ASUU have been hearing that trash? I graduated 2008 and we still heard this trash then. Guy ASUU wants to solve the problem once and for all.
Jman06:
I hope you know that government's expenditures are budgeted for?

FG promised to release the financial aspect of ASUU'S demands in next year's budget, but ASUU did not agree.

On salary review, FG also accepted to make some upward adjustments in their salaries, to be reflected in next year's budget but ASUU would have none of that.

UTAS was said to have failed integrity tests so cannot be deployed as payment platform for the lecturers for now, yet ASUU is insisting that it must be deployed. Office of the accountant general of the federation has also asked to capture any peculiar allowances of lecturers on IPPIS but ASUU wouldn't take that.

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Mccullum: 7:45pm On Oct 05, 2022
Esseite:

https://punchng.com/councillors-earn-more-than-professors-lagos-ASUU-zonal-coordinator-odukoya/?amp

I've it perused it, no where it's mentioned that councilor is receiving N500 thousand monthly in Nigria, I knew it's not truth initially, I just want you to prove an assumed fiction, conclusively, it's false not truth... undecided
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Wwwq: 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2022
Oh
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Deepocean(m): 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2022
What is the fate of students offering courses from members of ASUU and the newly created union if one union resumes and the other is on industrial action?
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by MamaletASO: 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2022
FG
ASUU
CONUA
NAMDA..

..small dog NANS..

Which way Nigeria, which way to go...#chorus till fade

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by EmmaOgbu(m): 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:
There's a thin line between demands and Blackmail. ASUU seem to be very good in using students as blackmail but it seems FG is serious with them this time around.

First you go on strike without even considering the students who are not complaining of anything (17 months strike within a 3 year span), then you claim FG wants to destroy the university system but you can't see any visible positive change to our universities with all the monies FG gave ASUU in the past, now you're dictating to your employer to accept your own mode of payment, then after all has lingered on for months close to a year you're still demanding all your salaries and arreas throughout those months sat at home should be paid or else you won't call off lol. ASUU wants to eat their own cakes and have it same time. It just cannot work that way, sacrifice has to be made. Lecturers will have to forfeit their salaries for the months they sat at home same as they forced students to sacrifice something as precious as TIME for a selfish cause. Some of the students will no longer be eligible for NYSC which they looked forward to due to ASUUs agitations, who'll compensate these students for time wastage?

I hope FG pays CONUA the 8 months salaries to make lecturers ditch the selfish ASUU so they can be rendered useless. The educational sector is bad yet, ASUU continues contributing to the rot by wasting student's time at home. Nonsense and ASUU
If ASUU secrifice the 7months salaries, what happens to the 2 set of jambites waiting for ASUU?
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by itsRhamzy: 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2022
EmmaOgbu:

If ASUU secrifice the 7months salaries, what happens to the 2 set of jambites waiting for ASUU?
if ASUU doesn't want to work anymore, they should resign and stop complicating things for our students.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by MDK777: 10:48pm On Oct 05, 2022
Woe Onto PDP The Father Of CorRuPTiOn, Woe Onto APC The ProPaGaTor Of Evil AdMinistratiOn
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Melagros(m): 11:14pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
I heard that the FG will pay CONUA members the 7months salary together with October and November salaries.

Nice gesture by FG to encourage CONUA in their quest to rescue our universities from being destroyed by ASUU.
I dey tell you God bless you for this talk

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Melagros(m): 11:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:
There's a thin line between demands and Blackmail. ASUU seem to be very good in using students as blackmail but it seems FG is serious with them this time around.

First you go on strike without even considering the students who are not complaining of anything (17 months strike within a 3 year span), then you claim FG wants to destroy the university system but you can't see any visible positive change to our universities with all the monies FG gave ASUU in the past, now you're dictating to your employer to accept your own mode of payment, then after all has lingered on for months close to a year you're still demanding all your salaries and arreas throughout those months sat at home should be paid or else you won't call off lol. ASUU wants to eat their own cakes and have it same time. It just cannot work that way, sacrifice has to be made. Lecturers will have to forfeit their salaries for the months they sat at home same as they forced students to sacrifice something as precious as TIME for a selfish cause. Some of the students will no longer be eligible for NYSC which they looked forward to due to ASUUs agitations, who'll compensate these students for time wastage?

I hope FG pays CONUA the 8 months salaries to make lecturers ditch the selfish ASUU so they can be rendered useless. The educational sector is bad yet, ASUU continues contributing to the rot by wasting student's time at home. Nonsense and ASUU
God bless you please take a bottle of wine

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 06, 2022
It is high time Nigerian students sell their certificates and raise money to relocate to Canada
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by luluosas(m): 1:38am On Oct 06, 2022
I think this new unions were registered by the government as a spoiler group to the ASUU body, which invariably would backfire in the long run. Just watch out
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by jimcaddy(m): 2:02am On Oct 06, 2022
It's like everyone's head is not correct in this Nigeria. Everyone just be doing things they like and reasoning like fishes. Like the old adage says, too many cooks spoil the brooth.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Haywhy3579: 2:28am On Oct 06, 2022
Blestedo75:
A dot in a circle. What are the proportion of members of conua in the universities in Nigeria. Besides, are their members satisfied with their working conditions and condition of service? If they are, let them start lectures. Let me say here, that the minister of labour is a misfit. He has no business being in that ministry if he can not resolve ASUU strike for 8 months, something HE President Goodluck Jonathan did in one day in 2013.
Interesting even though ASUU later went on strike for 6 months during Jonathan regime. U need to go back to history book.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Haywhy3579: 2:34am On Oct 06, 2022
Esseite:

- Sit with ASUU and discuss.. over 800,000 barrels of crude is stolen daily by politicians..

- Over 346 ghost schools earn from N1bn daily feeding while our universities are in comatose...

- An ordinary senior media PA to a politician earns over 1m naira monthly excluding allowances, while an erudite professor holding the future of the country barely goes home with N300k..

- A councillor of a political party earns over 500k monthly, while a senior lecturer building the leaders of tomorrow cant even boast of N250k that is together monthly.

Sit with ASUU and discuss.
Is there not a salary scale when the lecturers got employment letters or what is this u are saying. Maybe because of oil theft government should pay Assu whatever their demands are. U must be joking. Are they the only important sector. Is it a must they should earn more than doctors nurses and lawyers. They shld fight for increase in minimum wage and not their personal benefits.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by SaturnNick(m): 2:54am On Oct 06, 2022
Problem not solved
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by mediclife1987(m): 5:50am On Oct 06, 2022
Jman06:
I heard that the FG will pay CONUA members the 7months salary together with October and November salaries.

Nice gesture by FG to encourage CONUA in their quest to rescue our universities from being destroyed by ASUU.

Make those in CONUA collect the 7month salary and japa back to their colleagues in ASUU to show FG pepper.
Do that and Naija govt would bow to you in respect, but trust my cowardly Nigerians, we'll rather suffer and die than do that...
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Chukist247: 7:54am On Oct 06, 2022
itsRhamzy:

bro hope all is well with you because your reasoning on this is so myopic...
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by itsRhamzy: 8:00am On Oct 06, 2022
Chukist247:
bro hope all is well with you because your reasoning on this is so myopic...
make your points known and don't reply me with emotions. if you like don't obey court order and resume with the little grace you still have left. What comes next is disgrace and possible relieving of duties if you fail to compromise. And I pray FG takes this matter serious and make some heads roll. You cannot waste students time and still want to receive salaries for sitting at home.

And I hope FG doesn't pay shishi to any striking lecturers. That'll serve as a deterrence in case any selfish body want to do busybody to go and rest at home wasting student's time. If you no wan work again kindly resign and be replaced ASAP cos everyone is fvcking tired if ASUU selfishness, no one will force anybody to resume work.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Dphenom01: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2022
atinga1:

APC urchin spotted
I don't like how successive governments have handled education ,as it is not there priority nevertheless, You can't continue to disrupt educational calendar year in year out with strike and you are saying you want education to improve.
ASUU as been going on strike for over 30 years now. Zig Zigler said and I quote "doing the same thing same way and expecting a different result is one of the definition of insanity".
If FG agree to UTAS, will the health workers and other agencies not go on strike because they want to be paid with there own payment platformd. After all what is food to the goose is food to the gander
In a nutshell, it is not fair to keep disrupting the academic calendar year in year out thereby complicating students life and they will play the victim card. ASUU should do the needful before they loose the remaining public sympathy they have been enjoying.
Students have spent over 17 months at home in the last 3 years (36 months).

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Tundex911: 6:14am On Oct 08, 2022
Confused set of people

I pray wetin happen to those yeye yeye politicians years ago affect you all soon

Peace ✌️
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by happney65: 5:45am On Oct 11, 2022
sonofthunder:

What happened to the agreement after the last strike?

Didn't IPPIS fail integrity tests?

What tests did UTAS fail?

Sent you a PM. Kindly acknowledge please. Thanks
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by aestake: 8:37pm On Oct 29, 2022
itsRhamzy:
go back to work or you resign. You cannot be allowed to use students as bargaining chip in your fight against FG.
Now that they wanna share N63B, I hope you go folo collect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

YABATECH Final Year Studen Dies After Falling Off Car During Signout Celebration / Mass Communication Degree To Be Phased Out As Professors Submit New Curricula / Ekiti University Students Beat Suspected Armed Robber To Death (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.