Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately (40224 Views)

ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) / Over 2000 Edo Teachers To Commence Teaching With ICT Tools From April 23 / UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by aestake: 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jijuo:
Nigeria is really down and needs help.
Nigerian govt can't do anything that will profit the ordinary people. It is all about them them. Fela saw it and said it. A black man can't rule a nation.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Jman06(m): 3:26pm On Oct 05, 2022
Esseite:

- Sit with ASUU and discuss.. over 800,000 barrels of crude is stolen daily by politicians..

- Over 346 ghost schools earn from N1bn daily feeding while our universities are in comatose...

- An ordinary senior media PA to a politician earns over 1m naira monthly excluding allowances, while an erudite professor holding the future of the country barely goes home with N300k..

- A councillor of a political party earns over 500k monthly, while a senior lecturer building the leaders of tomorrow cant even boast of N250k that is together monthly.

Sit with ASUU and discuss.
If Nigerians want a revolutionary change in how our political system works, then everybody must be involved. NLC, private universities, everybody! You shouldn't be cheering ASUU to continue holding some of our youths in a few public universities to ransome and still think that would cause any significant changes in our polity.

I'm aware that some of you here supporting ASUU are not doing that because you care about quality education, some of you are political jobbers in the opposition camp who think you can capitalize on the unnecessary strike to win election.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by gloryman91: 3:26pm On Oct 05, 2022
Dead right from birth.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by aestake: 3:27pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:
go back to work or you resign. You cannot be allowed to use students as bargaining chip in your fight against FG.
That is what you said about Drs and Nurses, who is crying now? Who is disturbing Saudi's recruitment exercise?
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by sonofthunder: 3:30pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
I hope you know that government's expenditures are budgeted for?

FG promised to release the financial aspect of ASUU'S demands in next year's budget, but ASUU did not agree.

On salary review, FG also accepted to make some upward adjustments in their salaries, to be reflected in next year's budget but ASUU would have none of that.

UTAS was said to have failed integrity tests so cannot be deployed as payment platform for the lecturers for now, yet ASUU is insisting that it must be deployed. Office of the accountant general of the federation has also asked to capture any peculiar allowances of lecturers on IPPIS but ASUU wouldn't take that.

What happened to the agreement after the last strike?

Didn't IPPIS fail integrity tests?

What tests did UTAS fail?

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by IamDietiesGod: 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
I don't know where this news is coming from because no other news outlet has carried this except this tribune.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by comrChris(m): 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
This CONUA does not have the power to open schools. How many VCs are in this union? Do they even have enough members that will teach?
They will try to do initial gragra but it will still not work.
This government should settle ASUU and stop chasing shadows

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by JosephXavier: 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2022
GavelSlam:

You must be STUPID.

Your generation is immersed in stupidity
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by atinga1: 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:
Thunder Faya you and APC together. If una like no resume or obey court order you hear? E go soon clear for una eyes. I hope Buhari doesn't pay shishi to any lecturer for those 8 months of students time wasted. Nonsense.
Stop disguising. You're an APC sympathizer.
Come out with your full chest and accept it.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Angelfrost(m): 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2022
ChukwuObe:

It does not start today. The quality has been degrading for some years now. That is why we have a 3rd class GCE degree vying for the position of presidency in this country. How many employer are ready to take 3rd class degree as their employee now?

Brother, I have personally interviewed first class degree holders, and they were terrible! I mean seriously and shockingly deficient.

Imagine a nation where we can't even trust the quality of degrees earned by graduates!
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Oluwaseunomo: 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2022
deavicky:
I'm not sure you ever went to school. Very low IQ
You that have high IQ what's the impact of your IQ to mankind.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Mccullum: 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2022
Esseite:

- Sit with ASUU and discuss.. over 800,000 barrels of crude is stolen daily by politicians..

- Over 346 ghost schools earn from N1bn daily feeding while our universities are in comatose...

- An ordinary senior media PA to a politician earns over 1m naira monthly excluding allowances, while an erudite professor holding the future of the country barely goes home with N300k..

- A councillor of a political party earns over 500k monthly, while a senior lecturer building the leaders of tomorrow cant even boast of N250k that is together monthly.

Which state is paying councilor N500 thousand monthly?, tell me, please.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Cantonese: 3:38pm On Oct 05, 2022
alluson:
Mr analyst, I want to ask you small question....so federal government is ready to pay for past lost months to the new union but not the old, WHAT MADE YOU THINK THE OLD WOULDNT MIGRATE TO NEW AND STILL REMAIN OLD

Government already made an offer to pay part of the seven months, but they insisted on all. That’s a problem, looking at the no work, no pay rule.

They voted for APC and defended APC for years until now. They intend to continue with APC in 2023. What you sow, you reap.

Without doing something drastic, children will remain at home. Students have suffered unquantifiable losses. The losses are unquantifiable to the lecturers too. Some lecturers have other jobs with private universities or other means of getting income. Some who have no other means of livelihood have either lost their dignity or lives.

At this point, something must be done to break up the strike. I am not in support of government’s failure, but surely seven months off the lives of students is not a joke.

Within their ranks, some are not ready to continue with the strike. For those who are ready to go back to work, they must not be delayed. If members of the new unions are ready to go back to classes, they must proceed immediately.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by olowofariwo(m): 3:38pm On Oct 05, 2022
Our president is the most guilty in this, since the beginning of the strike, he hasn't sit and discuss with them
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Cantonese: 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2022
aestake:

Rushing to graduate with bad quality of education is what you want grin

Can you explain what you mean please?
How do you expect better quality education when ASUU shuts down endlessly?

4 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by gbishman: 3:45pm On Oct 05, 2022
Very smart move.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by aestake: 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2022
Cantonese:

Can you explain what you mean please?
How do you expect better quality education when ASUU shuts down endlessly?
Shut down and rebuild. Fashola abi who sef suggested this when he was Lagos governor. The system is bad and dead as it is. Do you think politicians' children go to these univs? Where did Buhari's children graduate from? They will be ruling you and your children soon. You are not getting the best quality, bro!
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Mitsurugi(m): 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2022
youngbabaj:
Someone somewhere will mention BAT

If it's blind and flies by night it must be called by its name
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by awakmfon03(m): 3:52pm On Oct 05, 2022
UTAS was said to have failed integrity tests so cannot be deployed as payment platform for the lecturers for now, yet ASUU is insisting that it must be deployed. Office of the accountant general of the federation has also asked to capture any peculiar allowances of lecturers on IPPIS but ASUU wouldn't take that.

[/quote]

Note in that report, IPPIS also fail integrity test yet the FG are still hellbent on using it.

So to be fair both system should be drop and a new one develop by both FG and ASSU
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Jman06(m): 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2022
Mccullum:

Which state is paying councilor N500 thousand monthly?, tell me, please.
Don't mind them o! If I didn't know a councilor who is close to me, then I would have believed the lie out of ignorance.

The truth is that salaries of political office holders in Nigeria are exaggerated! They don't earn all what they're said to be earning. Only the corrupt ones loot so much money, just like we also have some corrupt lecturers looting from the University's purse and from students!

I don't even want to bare all my thoughts on this strike so I don't shake too much tables on the matter! Our lecturers want to be paid like the American lecturers even after having education almost free of charge in Nigeria and with less taxes to worry about in Nigeria. Ok o

3 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by olowofariwo(m): 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:
He who wants to come with equity must come with clean hands. ASUU isn't clean and got it's hands burnt. APC didn't sign agreement with you but PDP. Why must APC suffer for the agreement PDP made.
Last last na ASUU members go suffer am. They should have just obeyed the court ruling and resume while negotiations continue.
So buhari is APC president only not Nigeria president Lt me remind you, Former Oyo state governor Ajimobi APC owed Oyo state workers months of salary, Makinde present governor of different party(PDP) cleared the dept immediately after he became governor, government is a continue, am disappointed in our youth
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by alimiadedayo1: 3:58pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
Don't mind them o! If I didn't know a councilor who is close to me, then I would have believed the lie out of ignorance.

The truth is that salaries of political office holders in Nigeria are exaggerated! They don't earn all what they're said to be earning. Only the corrupt ones loot so much money, just like we also have some corrupt lecturers looting from the University's purse and from students!

I don't even want to bare all my thoughts on this strike so I don't shake too much tables on the matter! Our lecturers want to be paid like the American lecturers even after having education almost free of charge in Nigeria and with less taxes to worry about in Nigeria. Ok o
infact your parent needs to take good care of your mental state
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Angrymode: 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2022
One thing about traitors is that they forget about tomorrow in their actions. These same new unions that the government is trying to use to destroy the struggle of ASUU will be treated worst than ASUU in the future.

Let the new associations continue to help the useless politicians win with their divide and conquer strategy. Life na turn by turn.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Jman06(m): 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

infact your parent needs to take good care of your mental state
It is you and your father that need your mental healths taken care of.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by tatacherie: 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
Issorite angry
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 05, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:
He who wants to come with equity must come with clean hands. ASUU isn't clean and got it's hands burnt. APC didn't sign agreement with you but PDP. Why must APC suffer for the agreement PDP made.
Last last na ASUU members go suffer am. They should have just obeyed the court ruling and resume while negotiations continue.

Oga PDP did not sign any agreement with ASUU it was the Federal Government of that tenure, so any incoming government is binded by that agreement.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Cantonese: 4:10pm On Oct 05, 2022
aestake:

Shut down and rebuild. Fashola abi who sef suggested this when he was Lagos governor. The system is bad and dead as it is. Do you think politicians' children go to these univs? Where did Buhari's children graduate from? They will be ruling you and your children soon. You are not getting the best quality, bro!

Shut down and rebuild what? Or do you mean sack the members of the union and engage new lecturers? Which system is bad please? The university system or payment of salaries? I need some clarity from you for proper discussion.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2022
Rilwayne001:

I can bet you there's no way they would. FG would not give them as much power as ASUU had in order to prevent future loggerheads like they currently have with ASUU.

I actually like FGs decision to empower another union. ASUU has been so stubborn and their stubbornness is affecting the students.

Expect the Nigerian Schools situations to worsen the more

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by silverlinen(m): 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
I hope you know that government's expenditures are budgeted for?

FG promised to release the financial aspect of ASUU'S demands in next year's budget, but ASUU did not agree.

On salary review, FG also accepted to make some upward adjustments in their salaries, to be reflected in next year's budget but ASUU would have none of that.

Damnnn
Big time liar you are
There never was a time UTAS was reported to have failed the integrity test.
Na people like una no want the best for Nigerian students.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by aestake: 4:16pm On Oct 05, 2022
Cantonese:

Shut down and rebuild what? Or do you mean sack the members of the union and engage new lecturers? Which system is bad please? The university system or payment of salaries? I need some clarity from you for proper discussion.
Yeah, start from improving the infrastructure and installing best VCs. That office is on tribal thingy now. I don't see this govt making one pot of soup for everyone though. If you are ok with what you have, they send off their children. Case closed!

It is not just improving the pay of teachers, the road, housing, electricity, water and environment keep people in their countries. Bankers are leaving, IT guys are leaving, etc. I am currently doing a two-semester program, when guys saw my whatsapp photo the other day, they shouted..'wetin you dey do for hospital?' Baba, na school I dey ooo. Hospital na till January 2023. I dey school wey una politicians' children dey!
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by leo2020: 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2022
Same old story..
Esseite:

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Morphinne: 4:28pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:
There's a thin line between demands and Blackmail. ASUU seem to be very good in using students as blackmail but it seems FG is serious with them this time around.

First you go on strike without even considering the students who are not complaining of anything (17 months strike within a 3 year span), then you claim FG wants to destroy the university system but you can't see any visible positive change to our universities with all the monies FG gave ASUU in the past, now you're dictating to your employer to accept your own mode of payment, then after all has lingered on for months close to a year you're still demanding all your salaries and arreas throughout those months sat at home should be paid or else you won't call off lol. ASUU wants to eat their own cakes and have it same time. It just cannot work that way, sacrifice has to be made. Lecturers will have to forfeit their salaries for the months they sat at home same as they forced students to sacrifice something as precious as TIME for a selfish cause. Some of the students will no longer be eligible for NYSC which they looked forward to due to ASUUs agitations, who'll compensate these students for time wastage?

I hope FG pays CONUA the 8 months salaries to make lecturers ditch the selfish ASUU so they can be rendered useless. The educational sector is bad yet, ASUU continues contributing to the rot by wasting student's time at home. Nonsense and ASUU
Here is a sound mind speaking. I love the fact that you talked extensively on “sacrifice”
The lecturers willingly went on a strike without giving considerations to the students they were supposed to look after and still want to get paid for not working. They don’t want to pay any sacrifice for leaving work for 7 good months. Who would compensate these students for their time wasted?
Additionally and this shouldn’t be mistaken for me supporting the FG, why do they think they have the right to dictate to their employers on how they would like to be paid? Nigerian students need to know that none of these two parties has their best interest at heart, they’re both after their stomachs.
The FG must meet up with their demands but paying them for the work days they deliberately missed is a big no.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mass Communication Degree To Be Phased Out As Professors Submit New Curricula / Some Facts About Nigeria You Never Knew / YABATECH Final Year Studen Dies After Falling Off Car During Signout Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.