Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately (40232 Views)

ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) / Over 2000 Edo Teachers To Commence Teaching With ICT Tools From April 23 / UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by heysquare(m): 4:29pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:
There's a thin line between demands and Blackmail. ASUU seem to be very good in using students as blackmail but it seems FG is serious with them this time around.

First you go on strike without even considering the students who are not complaining of anything (17 months strike within a 3 year span), then you claim FG wants to destroy the university system but you can't see any visible positive change to our universities with all the monies FG gave ASUU in the past, now you're dictating to your employer to accept your own mode of payment, then after all has lingered on for months close to a year you're still demanding all your salaries and arreas throughout those months sat at home should be paid or else you won't call off lol. ASUU wants to eat their own cakes and have it same time. It just cannot work that way, sacrifice has to be made. Lecturers will have to forfeit their salaries for the months they sat at home same as they forced students to sacrifice something as precious as TIME for a selfish cause. Some of the students will no longer be eligible for NYSC which they looked forward to due to ASUUs agitations, who'll compensate these students for time wastage?

I hope FG pays CONUA the 8 months salaries to make lecturers ditch the selfish ASUU so they can be rendered useless. The educational sector is bad yet, ASUU continues contributing to the rot by wasting student's time at home. Nonsense and ASUU
Haters won't see it the way you analysed it. All they want is govt failure just to justify reason the govt is bad

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by TemmyT002(m): 4:30pm On Oct 05, 2022
How many are they?
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
leo2020:
Same old story..

Was there ever a solution?.. the story has to end.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by yemitty203: 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
I hope you know that government's expenditures are budgeted for?

FG promised to release the financial aspect of ASUU'S demands in next year's budget, but ASUU did not agree.

On salary review, FG also accepted to make some upward adjustments in their salaries, to be reflected in next year's budget but ASUU would have none of that.

UTAS was said to have failed integrity tests so cannot be deployed as payment platform for the lecturers for now, yet ASUU is insisting that it must be deployed. Office of the accountant general of the federation has also asked to capture any peculiar allowances of lecturers on IPPIS but ASUU wouldn't take that.

If UTAS failed integrity test.Did IPPIS pass integrity test? FG promised to capture the peculiarities in the university before introducing IPPIS to university. But failed to fulfill the promise. I think the problem is lack of trust. This politicians and government may not be in power next year. That could be the reason ASUU doesn't want next year promises.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by ZESTN: 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
APC; the Aggrieved People Congress have again annexed their destructive agenda and their privies in the Nigeria Education system, Nigeria don finish!

The very thing they are known for; DESTRUCTION and IMPOVERISHMENT OF THE MASSES have been launched on the NIGERIA EDUCATION SYSTEM. They came in in 2015 as aggrieved members of various political parties headed by 'Bola A. Tinubu and today, Nigeria is worst than it was when they came into power.

CONUA; a new APC breed in the Nigeria Education System is certainly an agent of the Destroyers, believe me. CONUA will do exactly their master's biding. NOTE: Tinubu is in the race for the Presidency come 2023.. Divide them and Rule as you wish... afteral its your turn. that's the Agenda.
NIGERIANS 'MUST NOT' WISE UP and Defend their COUNTRY.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Morphinne: 4:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
Kasssandra:

His party is at fault, so yeah he takes part of the blame
But when we blame Peter Obi for being a part and parcel of these set of evil leaders who have successfully ran this country aground (as a former governor and special adviser to a former president), you lots would argue that he’s different and the best thing after popcorn
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Morphinne: 4:34pm On Oct 05, 2022
Kasssandra:

His party is at fault, so yeah he takes part of the blame
But when we blame Peter Obi for being a part and parcel of these set of evil leaders who have successfully ran this country aground (as a former governor and special adviser to a former president), you lots would argue that he’s different_a saint and the best thing after popcorn
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by ZESTN: 4:37pm On Oct 05, 2022
APC; the Aggrieved People Congress have again annexed their destructive agenda and their privies in the Nigeria Education system, Nigeria don finish!

The very thing they are known for; DESTRUCTION and IMPOVERISHMENT OF THE MASSES have been launched on the NIGERIA EDUCATION SYSTEM. They came in in 2015 as aggrieved members of various political parties headed by 'Bola A. Tinubu and today, Nigeria is worst than it was when they came into power.

CONUA; a new APC breed in the Nigeria Education System is certainly an agent of the Destroyers, believe me. CONUA will do exactly their master's biding. NOTE: someone is in the race for the Presidency come 2023.. Divide them and Rule as you wish. that's the Agenda and that's the strategy.

Ride On! NIGERIANS 'MUST NOT' WISE UP and Defend their COUNTRY.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 05, 2022
Mccullum:

Which state is paying councilor N500 thousand monthly?, tell me, please.

https://punchng.com/councillors-earn-more-than-professors-lagos-ASUU-zonal-coordinator-odukoya/?amp
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Gadalo1990: 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2022
deavicky:
I'm not sure you ever went to school. Very low IQ
Ode! U cant judge hiz Intelligence 4m juzt dat comment. who u think zay u be? I hate nonzenze

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
If Nigerians want a revolutionary change in how our political system works, then everybody must be involved. NLC, private universities, everybody! You shouldn't be cheering ASUU to continue holding some of our youths in a few public universities to ransome and still think that would cause any significant changes in our polity.

I'm aware that some of you here supporting ASUU are not doing that because you care about quality education, some of you are political jobbers in the opposition camp who think you can capitalize on the unnecessary strike to win election.

Because the same lecturers managed to educate you, you happen to get a Job and now castigating them for asking for better.. if they had left you illiterate, where would you be?

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by EroticJane(f): 4:43pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:
There's a thin line between demands and Blackmail. ASUU seem to be very good in using students as blackmail but it seems FG is serious with them this time around.

First you go on strike without even considering the students who are not complaining of anything (17 months strike within a 3 year span), then you claim FG wants to destroy the university system but you can't see any visible positive change to our universities with all the monies FG gave ASUU in the past, now you're dictating to your employer to accept your own mode of payment, then after all has lingered on for months close to a year you're still demanding all your salaries and arreas throughout those months sat at home should be paid or else you won't call off lol. ASUU wants to eat their own cakes and have it same time. It just cannot work that way, sacrifice has to be made. Lecturers will have to forfeit their salaries for the months they sat at home same as they forced students to sacrifice something as precious as TIME for a selfish cause. Some of the students will no longer be eligible for NYSC which they looked forward to due to ASUUs agitations, who'll compensate these students for time wastage?

I hope FG pays CONUA the 8 months salaries to make lecturers ditch the selfish ASUU so they can be rendered useless. The educational sector is bad yet, ASUU continues contributing to the rot by wasting student's time at home. Nonsense and ASUU
you are enlightened, it is unfortunate that some Nigerians are just too timid to understand this.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Iamthoney(m): 4:49pm On Oct 05, 2022
HitRun:

The govt promised to include the financial demand in the budget 22 budget, they didn’t.

Nitda in the meeting with gbajabiamila said that all three payment platforms tested, including IPPIS failed the test, why pay with IPPIS?
The man you are replying isn’t smart and wise, emotion is clouding his thinking and judgement and he’s very gullible to believe the tales spin by this Apc government. So please if he mentions you don’t dignify him
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Successlane: 4:54pm On Oct 05, 2022
ValCon888:
Instead of you to deal with a one-headed dragon, you created two more to deal with a triple-headed dragon.

The CONUA and NAMDA of today will still be the ASUU of tomorrow.

Not exactly.

OBJ weakened NLC by registering TUC.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Owologbo(m): 4:57pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
I heard that the FG will pay CONUA members the 7months salary together with October and November salaries.

Nice gesture by FG to encourage CONUA in their quest to rescue our universities from being destroyed by ASUU.

This government is gradually turning federal Universities to FG abandoned project.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by darelar(m): 5:00pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:

May God bless you for this thoughtful writeup. It's always good to quit when the ovation is loud.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Ifakiland(m): 5:08pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
I heard that the FG will pay CONUA members the 7months salary together with October and November salaries.

Nice gesture by FG to encourage CONUA in their quest to rescue our universities from being destroyed by ASUU.
I hope your dad is a lecturer....so you can call him to lecture you animal.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Jman06(m): 5:12pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ifakiland:

I hope your dad is a lecturer....so you can call him to lecture you animal.
Animal is your father's nickname. Son of an animal!

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by oneMalik: 5:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
Shakara don end na !

ASUU the demonic union don collect las las..

Na so Dem do am 2002 when I got admißion with my matriculation number bearing 02 but na 2003 I did my first registration .

03 and 04 candidates can never forget what they suffered as a result of their useless strike when they get to combine two sessions and the admission was damn tough cos of too many candidates. ...

Make Dem rest for now .

3 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by 9jatriot(m): 5:23pm On Oct 05, 2022
They always target a year before election just like in this case.
Obj also called their bluff then and only attended to them after he had won his election.
oneMalik:
Shakara don end na !

ASUU the demonic union don collect las las..

Na so Dem do am 2002 when I got admißion with my matriculation number bearing 02 but na 2003 I did my first registration .

03 and 04 candidates can never forget what they suffered as a result of their useless strike when they get to combine two sessions and the admission was damn tough cos of too many candidates. ...

Make Dem rest for now .
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Ganjafama(m): 5:25pm On Oct 05, 2022
Epositive:

The result will be counterproductive in the long run. Do remember the active members of ASUU are professors and top lecturers. Besides, what will it take the FG to meet ASUU's demands?
Watch as lecturers cross from ASUU to CONUA en masse. As far as I'm concerned ASUU's wings has been clipped. Serves them right.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by oneMalik: 5:26pm On Oct 05, 2022
Na so !

I never take them serious cos I know their Mata.

na mad set of people being used by politicians

9jatriot:
They always target a year before election just like in this case.
Obj also called their bluff then and only attended to them after he had won his election.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by alimiadedayo1: 5:26pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
It is you and your father that need your mental healths taken care of.
I pity your family then your generation
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by sunnyprof: 5:27pm On Oct 05, 2022
Epositive:

The result will be counterproductive in the long run. Do remember the active members of ASUU are professors and top lecturers. Besides, what will it take the FG to meet ASUU's demands?

yes it is that 'what' which is the issue ..... those demands cvannot be met. ASUU is onlyarmtwisting FGN, Simple!
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Flamemignon1(m): 5:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:

Just one of the Nigerians drinking the Kool aid

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Etimemy: 5:34pm On Oct 05, 2022
Buhari had been turned to fail system from the inception,he has nothing good to offer than distraction. He have money to give to Fulani herdsmen but no money for Education.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Jman06(m): 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2022
Owologbo:

This government is gradually turning federal Universities to FG abandoned project.
The government is not turning any federal university into an abandoned project!

TETFUND is government's intervention towards funding our universities and other institutions! I know many universities where TETFUND has invested so much money within the last ten years! I have academics who have been sponsored abroad for their postgraduate studies.

Everytime I mention about TETFUND interventions in our universities, y'all keep mute because it's either you are ASUU members who know the truth but are wasting students time on protracted strikes for their selfish gains or you're just political jobbers supporting the opposition parties with the erroneous believe that your parties can bank on the ASUU strike to win election.

I know all is not uhuru as it concerns funding of our universities, but compare what we have now to what obtained some few years back, you'll realize that we are making some progress. So, there's no need for this unnecessary protracted strike! It is destructive to the our quest for a better university education!

Recently, we heard news that UK university lecturers wanted to strike, but the strike was just for 10days with intermittent lecture periods in between. The goal was to call the attention of government to their needs while they dialogue and resolve the matter without causing harm to the students' psyche nor delaying them in school. But here, ASUU goes on strike without minding the impacts of the strikes on students.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2022
Good bless them.

So welcome.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:50pm On Oct 05, 2022
Obi supporter, ASUU wing has been clipped.

Students will be back in class, find something else to campaign on
Esseite:

Because the same lecturers managed to educate you, you happen to get a Job and now castigating them for asking for better.. if they had left you illiterate, where would you be?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 05, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Obi supporter, ASUU wing has been clipped.

Students will be back in class, find something else to campaign on

If APc cannot manage ASUU, little wonder we are where we are..
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Owologbo(m): 6:25pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
The government is not turning any federal university into an abandoned project!

TETFUND is government's intervention towards funding our universities and other institutions! I know many universities where TETFUND has invested so much money within the last ten years! I have academics who have been sponsored abroad for their postgraduate studies.

Everytime I mention about TETFUND interventions in our universities, y'all keep mute because it's either you are ASUU members who know the truth but are wasting students time on protracted strikes for their selfish gains or you're just political jobbers supporting the opposition parties with the erroneous believe that your parties can bank on the ASUU strike to win election.

I know all is not uhuru as it concerns funding of our universities, but compare what we have now to what obtained some few years back, you'll realize that we are making some progress. So, there's no need for this unnecessary protracted strike! It is destructive to the our quest for a better university education!

Recently, we heard news that UK university lecturers wanted to strike, but the strike was just for 10days with intermittent lecture periods in between. The goal was to call the attention of government to their needs while they dialogue and resolve the matter without causing harm to the students' psyche nor delaying them in school. But here, ASUU goes on strike without minding the impacts of the strikes on students.

It might be that you belong to APC that's why you don't see anything wrong in the present government creating factions in University union instead of solving the problem.
You are referring to UK, a developed country where things work.
what was the government reaction when the strike was less than a week?
This faction they created won't have demands right?
When this faction decide to make demands tomorrow, what will happen? The government will create another faction again so as to run away from their responsibility.
When you support nonsense because of political affiliations, nonsense will engulf sound reasoning.
This is how they continue to create factions everywhere until everyone will get tired of the nonsense they are starting now.
People who don't have solution to problem other than creating more problem shouldn't be given position of authority.
Lastly, I don't belong to any political party and I don't support nonsense.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by ericmor: 7:02pm On Oct 05, 2022
WibusJaga:

Las las CONUA would still turn to another ASUU if the fundamental issues are not addressed. cool

Nigeria government are not good in solving problems, rather they escalate it why the people suffer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Some Facts About Nigeria You Never Knew / YABATECH Final Year Studen Dies After Falling Off Car During Signout Celebration / Mass Communication Degree To Be Phased Out As Professors Submit New Curricula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.