Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel (31442 Views)

ASUU: Ngige Has Failed Nigerians, Remove Him Now – Elebute / ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn / ASUU Strike: What Is The Resolution Of The ASUU Chapter In Your School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Ebubu: 6:52pm On Oct 05, 2022
Blestedo75:
As noted some where on this platform, Ngige is sabotaging the efforts of other stakeholders in this strike such as mallam Adamu, the committee of pro chancellors to that of Hon. Speaker HoR. I cautioned him, by letting him know that power is transient and whom Satan wants to destroy, he first make him mad. He is tolling with the destiny of millions of people. My prayer is that the President should be favourable disposed to listen to the Hon. Speaker as that is the only way to get out of this quagmire.
Buhari will urge ASUU to obey court injunction as loyal citizens and promise them accommodation in 2023 budget.

You heard it here first. If Buhari so love you guys grin, you think this strike will get to this level ? grin
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Abemy(m): 7:00pm On Oct 05, 2022
festacman:
As a former SUG official, I and my colleagues often met our University authority half way in our demands. At no time had the university authority met every of our requests or grievances. I am sure the story is the same in other universities across Nigeria. Incidentally, ASUU member constitute a good percentage of this UNIVERSITY AUTHORITY. So, what is it difficult to make concessions.

What we have now is a strategic revolution, that's the situation at hand.

The tail does not wag the dog. It is the other way round. Any organization that can hold Federal Government to ransom by refusing to make concessions has grown than expected.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by FreeStuffsNG: 7:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
Where has Prof Jega been all this while? HE Ngige is speaking their own language ni
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by onyxo76(m): 7:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ngige has been the main problem in this Fg-ASUU rift, each time there is some headway, the man will just pull one stunt to spoil everything.

2 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by ojoisimi(m): 7:05pm On Oct 05, 2022
vastolord4:
He's kids school outside naija.. what do I expect

Mumu Dey talk wetin no sure you. His
third daughter graduated from unilag
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by nedekid: 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2022
Short men always have something to prove.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Starke(m): 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2022
GeneralBuhari:
Jega should simply just shut up.

Everybody likes to criticize until they find themselves in that same position they were criticizing, and then they will do worse.

Nobody wants to remember the fact that ASUU used to think strikes is their appropriated rights.

Any small thing, strike. Any small thing, strike.

These fools will just go on strike for the slightest reason you can imagine.

Why?

Of course, they know that they will still be paid at the end of the day, even if the strike lasts for two years.

But now, all that nonsense is about to change.

Now, Ngige with the backing of the federal government has finally managed to remind ASUU just in case they have forgotten, that at the end of the day, they are still employees of the Federal Government.

What an idiot
God punish you bas*rd.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by ABCDEOLA: 7:11pm On Oct 05, 2022
Don't mind Jega, he just want to be relevant. ASUU and those profs are very wicked with their unrealitic demand. Nigeria should not forget that prof is not acedemy qualification, is just a Promotion for senior lectural after successful research. What about their classmate with the same phd. Are they collecting the amount they're requesting for? Polytechnic lecturals don't collect that type of money. Assuming their really fighting for student , why they will not divide. God will help us in this country.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by DatNaijaGuy: 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
festacman:

Deans, HODs and sone council members are not ASUU members?

They may be, but they have little or no say in decision making.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Masterito(m): 7:20pm On Oct 05, 2022
They have made concessions but they is chronic demand that ASUU wants to be met because they feel deceived over the years.
festacman:
As a former SUG official, I and my colleagues often met our University authority half way in our demands. At no time had the university authority met every of our requests or grievances. I am sure the story is the same in other universities across Nigeria. Incidentally, ASUU member constitute a good percentage of this UNIVERSITY AUTHORITY. So, why is it difficult to make concessions?

The tail does not wag the dog. It is the other way round. Any organization that can hold Federal Government to ransom by refusing to make concessions has grown than expected.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by HitRun(m): 7:20pm On Oct 05, 2022
Viraltrends123:

Hi daughter studied medicine in unilag.
His kids are not studying outside.

The man knows this people, if you know how this people are siphoning money ehnn, you sef if you are the one, you fight for the corner corner, it's just like stoping police from doing road safety work

Who are the people siphoning money?

ASUU does not touch money beyond the dues members pay from their salary. The Chairman of the governing council that controls the school is appointed by government and is usually a politician. The governing council appoints the VC. Everything financial in all public universities is handled by the governing council and the VC.

If ASUU say revaitalize the universities with 200billion, it is still the government appointees that utilize the monies on behalf of the government in the schools. ASUU does not touch it.

One of the issues ASUU went on strike for is the issue of visitation panel. ASUU is saying, send a team to each of these universities to verify what they are doing with all the money you have pumped in. For years govt didn’t send anybody. The question is why? When ASUU strikes and they eventually sent people, govt has refused to release the report. The question is why?

Until Nigerians realize that ASUU is fighting for the good of the university system, they will keep castigating ASUU and FG will keep sowing seed of discord. If ASUU struggles fail(God forbid), we can say bye bye to education in Nigeria. It will be a shame and a recipe for disaster.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by GeneralBuhari: 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2022
GboyegaD:
Who is at the loss when we don't get valuable education? Na fight of two elephants ooo

Are you trying to imply that the current crop of ASUU lecturers in the country are the best?

So why have we not got the best of valuable education yet.

Let me tell you one fact that most people are missing.

Valuable education does not actually start at the tertiary level.

As long as primary and secondary school education is faulty, if you like import the best Harvard University lecturers and put them in the Nigerian universities, their end product will always be abysmal.

In fact, left to me, the federal government should put more effort in resuscitating our secondary schools rather than focusing all their energy on this endless back and forth janglover they are always playing with ASUU.

2 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by benjaminlawson(m): 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2022
Prof Jega did not blame the person who is responsible for his failure. Why not the president call him to order, if he is not doing the bidden of this government, is ngige elected by Nigerians, if we are to open history book about this government, am sure it is only president that is to be blamed for the errors of commission or commission of this government, that is why the president should not fold his arms and watch ngige destroying his name.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by backnbeta(f): 7:25pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ngige is the weapon being used to destroy education, Emefiele is the weapon of destruction for the economic sector...hmm...two of a kind undecided
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Cmanforall: 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
vastolord4:
He's kids school outside naija.. what do I expect
Lies

At least his daughter graduated in Nigeria.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by latolz: 7:34pm On Oct 05, 2022
Is it on Ngige.. Why are you not mentioning the minister of education Mtscheeewww
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by GENES11S: 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2022
skedman:
The chairman of ASUU can be frustrating at times.
The man is so rigid that I can understand the labour minister

If you are not regid, you will fall into bribery and corruption.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by GENES11S: 7:39pm On Oct 05, 2022
latolz:
Is it on Ngige.. Why are you not mentioning the minister of education Mtscheeewww

The Minister of education said it himself.
He said Ngige insisted he should be the one handling the issue and the president didn't reject his plea.
So he had to step back...they only gave him about 2weeks to solve the problem without Ngige and he could not.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Danniedpastor(m): 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
If he did because of students getting back to class, it worth it.

We can't keep folding arms and allow ASUU playing Politics with the strike and on the other hand, the life of Students.

ASUU can't be asking for everything without ready to make sacrifice.

I hope CONUA get back to class on time.

Are their demands not legit?
Is ASUU a political party to play politics?
Anything that exposes the clueless Leaders and APC is termed "politics".

If your leaders are ashamed, they should do the right thing or continue staring at their unclothedness on national TV.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by ABCDEOLA: 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2022
festacman:
As a former SUG official, I and my colleagues often met our University authority half way in our demands. At no time had the university authority met every of our requests or grievances. I am sure the story is the same in other universities across Nigeria. Incidentally, ASUU member constitute a good percentage of this UNIVERSITY AUTHORITY. So, why is it difficult to make concessions?

God bless you for this write up

1 Like

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Lush100(m): 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2022
One day,
I hope CONUA or whatever will.not go on strike.
U are just creating another problem.
U want to have to dealing with 2 factions.
That's more problem than solution.

This is just a political solution I hope u guys know.

Na so Wike, Atiku and PDP wahala start.
Till today no rest for PDP
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Danniedpastor(m): 7:42pm On Oct 05, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
If he did because of students getting back to class, it worth it.
We can't keep folding arms and allow ASUU playing Politics with the strike and on the other hand, the life of Students.
ASUU can't be asking for everything without ready to make sacrifice.
I hope CONUA get back to class on time.

Are their demands not legit?
Is ASUU a political party to play politics?
Anything that exposes the clueless Leaders and APC is termed "politics".

If your leaders are ashamed, they should do the right thing or continue staring at their unclothedness on national TV.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by duro4chang(m): 7:42pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ngige has bad temperament . He should just handover the issue to another person.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Danniedpastor(m): 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2022
Moferere:
I no blame Ngige, I blame who dash a medical doctor a minister of Labour.
Round peg in a square hole.
Thats their trademark.
No wonder, nothing works.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Danniedpastor(m): 7:47pm On Oct 05, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:
I will do the same too when one useless group of people because of there selfish interest makes me look incompetent.

No wonder you are supporting Pandora Tinubu.
ASUU is only make their incompetence visible. Your leaders have always been incompetent to even lead an age grade association in your village.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Danniedpastor(m): 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:
I will do the same too when one useless group of people because of there selfish interest makes me look incompetent.
No wonder you are supporting Pandora Tinubu.
ASUU is only make their incompetence visible. Your leaders have always been incompetent to even lead an age grade association in your village.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by benjanny(m): 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2022
Two Confused People In A Very Confused Country
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Solofresh2: 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2022
Laggafin:
You see why I don't like short people.. check all the short people in Govt.. from that midget in Kaduna to this Eskimo minister of Labour and his Education counterpart.. You see why it's not about tribe or religion .. it's about the character and personalities of most of our politicians who are united in destroying Nigeria and mortgaging the future of our great youths.. I implore us all .. the sensible and non sensible ones to please Vote Wisely come 2023 cool
The last time I checked, Buhari was never a short man undecided
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2022
no mind that yeye man..always exhibiting his agbero lifestyle......no wonder i dislike short men!
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Stallion93(m): 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2022
It has always been personal. His boss ordered the killing of youths during the ENDSARS protest. When asked he said “They wanted to take me out of office”. Let them enjoy. 1 good thing is all men die
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Jossibest(m): 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2022
Without told this are the people killing this country
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by samuelson06(m): 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2022
peppermint7:
My own anger with this whole situation is that some foolish students who have been in their homes for the past five months wants to vote the clown that sold them this bad governance again.
Tufia
Any university student that votes tinubu is devilish

It's not being devilish but stupid. Nigeria youths hardly make good choices.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University / Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA / Ssce Result Expired After 5 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.