Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel (31443 Views)

ASUU: Ngige Has Failed Nigerians, Remove Him Now – Elebute / ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn / ASUU Strike: What Is The Resolution Of The ASUU Chapter In Your School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by nesgeeek(m): 8:14pm On Oct 05, 2022
All University students in Nigeria should vote Obi in 2023 enough is enough.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Viraltrends123: 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2022
HitRun:

Who are the people siphoning money?

ASUU does not touch money beyond the dues members pay from their salary. The Chairman of the governing council that controls the school is appointed by government and is usually a politician. The governing council appoints the VC. Everything financial in all public universities is handled by the governing council and the VC.

If ASUU say revaitalize the universities with 200billion, it is still the government appointees that utilize the monies on behalf of the government in the schools. ASUU does not touch it.

One of the issues ASUU went on strike for is the issue of visitation panel. ASUU is saying, send a team to each of these universities to verify what they are doing with all the money you have pumped in. For years govt didn’t send anybody. The question is why? When ASUU strikes and they eventually sent people, govt has refused to release the report. The question is why?

Until Nigerians realize that ASUU is fighting for the good of the university system, they will keep castigating ASUU and FG will keep sowing seed of discord. If ASUU struggles fail(God forbid), we can say bye bye to education in Nigeria. It will be a shame and a recipe for disaster.

That's what you feel, that's what you were told.

1. When Buhari stopped Doctors from doing PP, where they work somewhere else, they complained, then later kept quiet, ASUU went on strike less than 2 months after Buhari stopped lecturer from partaking in visitation, there are many graduates out there that are willing and able to take over, but this greedy people were and are still angry.

Back then in school, I use to have a lecturer who lectures us, lectures as visiting lecturer the state university, and also work as lecturer for the predegree school. He will be rushing to lecture us every morning, always late to work. I know many people like him

You think someone like this collecting more than one salaries, not to fight tooth and nail for it.

That's only one visitation alone, many other rubbish this people are doing that is not hidden
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by sniperr007(m): 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
If he did because of students getting back to class, it worth it.

We can't keep folding arms and allow ASUU playing Politics with the strike and on the other hand, the life of Students.

ASUU can't be asking for everything without ready to make sacrifice.

I hope CONUA get back to class on time.

Tomorrow when conua are not happy, you will have another union striking.

His move doesn't make sense.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by HitRun(m): 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2022
Viraltrends123:

That's what you feel, that's what you were told.

1. When Buhari stopped Doctors from doing PP, where they work somewhere else, they complained, then later kept quiet, ASUU went on strike less than 2 months after Buhari stopped lecturer from partaking in visitation, there are many graduates out there that are willing and able to take over, but this greedy people were and are still angry.

Back then in school, I use to have a lecturer who lectures us, lectures as visiting lecturer the state university, and also work as lecturer for the predegree school. He will be rushing to lecture us every morning, always late to work. I know many people like him

You think someone like this collecting more than one salaries, not to fight tooth and nail for it.

That's only one visitation alone, many other rubbish this people are doing that is not hidden

Why are you shifting the goal post. Complete the argument on one issue before you bring up another issue where again your knowledge of the subject matter is limited.

It is useless debating with someone who does not know what they are talking about. Good luck with your ignorance.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by AdamuKD: 8:30pm On Oct 05, 2022
Bonaventura:
Fear short people

Don't blame Ngige, blame his height

Because of their height, it is very easy for grudges and anger to go over them thrice more than the tall or average height person.
grin grin grin
I don laugh here tire with this your write up. I read it out for my wife too, she just scatter laugh
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Owologbo(m): 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2022
noyd911:
PDP don hijack this ASUU strike so they'll have something to woo the students during campaign. That's Nigerian politics for you

OBI we want and OBI we shall get!!

Please call us for your kitchen design and development. We're partners from concept to completion and beyond.

So Who was the one responsible for the ASUU strike under PDP?
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Owologbo(m): 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:
I will do the same too when one useless group of people because of there selfish interest makes me look incompetent.

See them.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by silibaba: 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2022
safesurfer:

His daughter just graduated from LUTH as recently as last year oga. She studied medicine at Idi Araba, Mushin, Lagos. That's not abroad.
Lower the volume comrade.

1 Like

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Levels1(m): 8:51pm On Oct 05, 2022
CaptainAyub:
Shut up Jega abi jagajaga.
The buhari you helped rig in has grounded the country financially, Ngige is just trying to snowball ASUU cos the government doesn't have money to pay ASUU or even anybody.

Instead of you to face your tribal Man who is at the center of it , you are here attacking someone for doing is Job without bias. So you expect him to rig the result for the loser as I don't get your point
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by sematec(m): 9:00pm On Oct 05, 2022
SACKING OF CHRIS NGIGE WILL BE BETTER
AND BE REPLACE BY HIS DEPUTY
UNA DEY USE NIGERIA FUTURE TAKE DEY PLACE.

NGIGE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOW TO JOKE WITH DESTINY OF MILLIONS OF NIGERIANS STUDENTS

THIS NONSENSE MUST BE STOPPED
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by tonyson010(m): 9:03pm On Oct 05, 2022
CaptainAyub:
Shut up Jega abi jagajaga.
The buhari you helped rig in has grounded the country financially, Ngige is just trying to snowball ASUU cos the government doesn't have money to pay ASUU or even anybody.

sound so stupid. government doesn't have money to a critical issue that has ground Public Universities for 7 good months.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Elidrisy20: 9:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
Shut up your mouth there
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 05, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

We can't keep folding arms and allow ASUU playing Politics with the strike and on the other hand, the life of Students.

ASUU can't be asking for everything without ready to make sacrifice.

What sacrifice do you want ASUU to make that they haven't made? See, forget people or government saying all manners of injurious comments about ASUU, the standard ASUU is trying to set is comparable to what is obtainable in other African countries, like Ghana, South Africa and some North African universities, whose university's standard are topnotch. How many foreign nationals will boastfully come over to government-owned universities in Nigeria to study? None, because our university standard is very poor and degrading. One of their stand is on the agreement reached with the government over university proliferation, which till date, they have failed to heed to. And there's need for government-controlled NUC to stop the continuous birthing of universities without proper/adequate funding; these and others are part of their stand. It may not have been properly done, but this happens to be the only way, because our government/politicians are too stubborn and greedy. These agreements had long been reached and overdue, but honouring them have become a problem to federal government. Byebye!

1 Like

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Nukilia: 9:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
DatNaijaGuy:
See me see wahala
Jega is an integral part of those that brought this calamity on Nigeria.
He rigged the election for PMB and probably thought he would be compensated for rigging his Muslim and Northern brother into office.
Show no dey since 2015 baba don turn wailer.

The man is licking his wounds after the struggle to keep a PTSD victim in power.

1 Like

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Laggafin: 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2022
Winnermindset:

You are saying different things. Is it about the height or the wicked character in Nigerian politicians and leaders?
All short men should stop heckling me online.. I only expressed my concerns.. it's my opinion and it's legit
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2022
festacman:

Deans, HODs and some council members are not ASUU members?
He has told you the truth; rest! Byebye
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by tnerro1(m): 9:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
ASUU handshake don dey pass the elbows , good for them
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Cantonese: 9:35pm On Oct 05, 2022
GavelSlam:

Yeah.
Like Obi's children.

Funny enough, Ngige's kids schooled in Nigeria.

Unlike Obi.

What’s the business of Obi with that?
Anyway, maybe hunger dey wound you now.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Sirtee19: 9:35pm On Oct 05, 2022
Gone are the days of Dr (then) Attahiru Jega led ASUU. IBB got tired and defeated. I was a student of great unilorites then.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Nonywendy(m): 9:39pm On Oct 05, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

ASUU can't be asking for everything without being ready to make sacrifice.

FG go still owe CONUA, and they will still embark on strike

1 Like

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by statesman6: 10:40pm On Oct 05, 2022
DatNaijaGuy:
See me see wahala
Jega is an integral part of those that brought this calamity on Nigeria.
He rigged the election for PMB and probably thought he would be compensated for rigging his Muslim and Northern brother into office.
Show no dey since 2015 baba don turn wailer.
Pele o Mr orubebe
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by naikeboy(m): 11:15pm On Oct 05, 2022
Is expected in a country where there are so many presidents making up presidency...
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by openmine(m): 11:39pm On Oct 05, 2022
festacman:
As a former SUG official, I and my colleagues often met our University authority half way in our demands. At no time had the university authority met every of our requests or grievances. I am sure the story is the same in other universities across Nigeria. In fact stubborn SUGs were proscribed. Incidentally, ASUU member constitute a good percentage of this UNIVERSITY AUTHORITY. So, why is it difficult to make concessions?

The tail does not wag the dog. It is the other way round. Any organization that can hold Federal Government to ransom by refusing to make concessions has grown than expected.
The same ASUU negotiated and agreed with two committees set up by the FG to resolve the strike and yet the FG refused to agree to the respective reports and recommendations of the same committees!
If FG had a problem with the reports of their own created committee, why not setup another committee to do a fresh negotiation with ASUU instead of coming to the press to claim ASUU is refusing to make concessions!
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by openmine(m): 11:55pm On Oct 05, 2022
skedman:
The chairman of ASUU can be frustrating at times.
The man is so rigid that I can understand the labour minister
Na wa for una ohhh
FG setup two separate committees to negotiate with ASUU on their genuine demands and the union agreed but when it was time to bring before FG the recommendations by the same committees, they dumped the report!
Only for the FG to take them to the industrial court to compel them to call off the strike!
Now how is that the fault of the union?
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by openmine(m): 12:03am On Oct 06, 2022
Nonywendy:
FG go still owe CONUA, and they will still embark on strike
No mind am
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Interesting2023: 12:14am On Oct 06, 2022
fnep2smooth:
Ngige is on airplane mode... Him so de send anybody.

Him eye go soon clear, he's not going to be on that seat foreva
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by mobilemaniac(f): 4:44am On Oct 06, 2022
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by toujurs: 5:19am On Oct 06, 2022
Look at the fool, that landed us into this problem, he even has mouth to talk.
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by lagosrd: 6:03am On Oct 06, 2022
When they mention. The state if the country.... Buhari will appear

When they mention the party that destroyed the country.... APC will appear

When they mention the INEC chairman that ushered in this failure... Jega will appear.

Kontinu
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by nebeolis: 6:26am On Oct 06, 2022
Jega jage should close his mouth because jega himself brings in this calamitous hardship to Nigerians by riging bubu into power
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by gare(f): 6:55am On Oct 06, 2022
politicoNG:
Video:
https://twitter.com/ARISEtv/status/1577606028522405888?s=19

https://www.thecable.ng/ngige-has-turned-ASUU-strike-to-personal-quarrel-says-jega/amp

Jega was a former Vice-President and later National President of ASUU (1988-1994).

Jega, Keep quiet, you don't have the moral justification to complain, you were part of the people that brought them to power so deal with it, shameless man,

And what is the President doing about it, if Ngige do not have the capacity to resolve the issues then he should be asked to resign simple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University / Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA / Ssce Result Expired After 5 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.