Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,098 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day (46536 Views)

I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Police Officer Dies Few Weeks To His Wedding (Photos) / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Efewestern: 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2022
Move on sister.
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2022
You did no wrong, let him go and fix his character. undecided Person wey no respect elders no fit respect you madam. Relatives or not, that man is some uncultured being that needs total change of behaviour . grin

Aifenipeni aifeyanpeyan.... imagine? Being rude to future inlaws? No remorse, no calls about the wedding like he is doing you a favour. Red flags everywhere .

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Munzy14(m): 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2022
mariahAngel:

What I have to say is, either they're yet to understand each other very well, or they're not compatible.

Also, it'll be interesting to read the man's side of the story.
I didn't agree with the "he didn't thank my aunt" part.
I thought it was ridiculous. cheesy
Ngwa juo ya zodiac ha.. grin grin grin

Ike gwuru o..She want to use her hand and turn her man to a joke before her family.. o nwere ihe wu, Ogo bia, ugwu ya ga adi...
My Father will say, how a lady paints her man before her family, will be gauged with level of respect ha ga enye the man ma ya bia..

Their is something cute about a lady with strong mind of her own..For me o.

In school days, I avoid ladies that move on group..If you woo one, she will accept if her friends gives a go ahead.. grin grin

If you sleep as a man, a piaa gi game....Chai umu nwaanyi..Chukwu zowa anyi o.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by mariahAngel(f): 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2022
Munzy14:

Ngwa juo ya zodiac ha.. grin grin grin

I gala e nyo!
Gini ka I choro I nyoputa ugbu a? cheesy

Op wuru nwoke, o di easy I juputa ya udi ajuju ahu.
Mana nwaanyi ga e buzo choro I ma ihe I kwe a ju. grin

Ike gwuru o..She want to use her hand and turn her man to a joke before her family.. o nwere ihe wu, Ogo bia, ugwu ya ga adi...
My Father will say, how a lady paints her man before her family, will be gauged with level of respect ha ga enye the man ma ya bia..

Their is something cute about a lady with strong mind of her own..For me o.

In school days, I avoid ladies that move on group..If you woo one, she will accept if her friends gives a go ahead.. grin grin

If you sleep as a man, a piaa gi game....Chai umu nwaanyi..Chukwu zowa anyi o.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Atolu01: 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2022
Thank God for you. Next would be to place a chain around your neck, and isolate you from your family. SICK uncultured abusive mannerless things.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Munzy14(m): 6:13pm On Oct 06, 2022
mariahAngel:

I gala e nyo!
Gini ka I choro I nyoputa ugbu a? cheesy

Op wuru nwoke, o di easy I juputa ya udi ajuju ahu.
Mana nwaanyi ga e buzo choro I ma ihe I kwe a ju. grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Lol..Umu nwoke enwehu nsogbu at all.. cool

Good you've begin to figure out ufodu umu ihe ndi a.

Anyi shi na zodiac nyere nu OP aka grin

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Munzy14(m): 6:14pm On Oct 06, 2022
Atolu01:
Thank God for you. Next would be to place a chain around your neck, and isolate you from your family. SICK uncultured abusive mannerless things.
grin grin grin na slave trade.
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Aareakinwunmi(m): 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
He knew he's the price

5 Likes

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Emmanuel909090: 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2022
Huh
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by bigl: 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gabless:
I am 28 years old, a graduate of one of the university in South West. I work as a contract staff in a bank
I met this guy about a year ago through my best female friend, and the journey started. I took him to my parents and he also took me to his parents too, and the wedding preparation started. We were suppose to do family introduction but my parents says there is no need considering some logistic reasons. Although my mum has her reservation conserving him. But since my father has no objection I think am good to go.
He has sent money for some preparation since he is not residing in Lagos. The problem started after I went to idumota with my aunt to buy our engagement clothes. It was my aunt that drove me to the market. When we returned, my fiance called me, we talked for some times, but he couldn't appreciate my aunt for her kind gesture. Although my aunt didn't say anything that day but she wasn't happy. My dad also complained that.he has been rude to him. The same goes with my mum.
The last straw that broke the Carmels back was when he was arguing with my aunt over the phone. He did not know I was in my aunt's house that particular day. I wasn't happy at all, thinking that if he would not regard my parents how would he treat me after marriage, so I confronted him the second day over the phone, telling him that I'm not happy about the way my parents where complaining about him, and that attitude of him is creating fear in me. Instead for him to be a little remoseful and even call those people and apologize, he was arguing with me, still in my aunt's house. So I told him, maybe we should put the preparation on hold thinking he would at least try and apologize to them. He just said, is that what you want and ended the call.
Everyone was surprised. He didn't call back it was his mum that called my mum, she didn't even persuade them to stop me from taking such step, and the guy too didn't call me for like too weeks until when I called him and he said he wasn't interested in the marriage again.
Actually,I wasn't happy and I have been downcasted since then, but on the other hand, May l ask this question does this guy really loves me?. Is he really mature enough for marriage. Is it all my fault? Please don't insult or abuse me. I just want to know if it's all my fault.

Madam, pls put love aside.

Your guy has ego and behavioural problem.

And that's a super red flag.

I'll advise, if u still want to go ahead, to pls resolve this your fear about the future with him.... speak your mind and lay all cards on the table and reshuffle it ... if na so e wan dey do hin own things, omo, its a no go area.... i'm a father and husband but i won't advise anyone to marry such a kind of guy who don't know how to lower his shoulders/ego and say sorry/apologize or be appreciative

5 Likes

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by bukatyne(f): 8:12pm On Oct 06, 2022
Persephone1:
You did no wrong, let him go and fix his character. undecided Person wey no respect elders no fit respect you madam. Relatives or not, that man is some uncultured being that needs total change of behaviour . grin

Aifenipeni aifeyanpeyan.... imagine? Being rude to future inlaws? No remorse, no calls about the wedding like he is doing you a favour. Red flags everywhere .

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Starz825(m): 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2022
I congratulate both of you....

I believe you both are not meant to be....

You and your family - overly sensitive
Him and his family - rude and unapologetic

Don't be desperate oo..cos you are 28 doesn't mean a thing...God go bring your man come

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Nwaotu10(m): 8:43pm On Oct 06, 2022
I'm happy the guyman ran away and saved himself trouble.
Imagine dictating preferences for a grown man. grin

3 Likes

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Helpout12345: 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gboyega has addressed the part you wanted him to thank your aunt for driving you to market.

I am interested in more details of his arguments with your aunt and parents before I say anything further.

What was he arguing with your aunt? What happened between him and your parents for them to say he is rude?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 06, 2022
Munzy14:

The guy got saved from a potential problem as well.

She is being influenced heavily by people around her..The Union won't even last stronger than a crackers biscuit.

I can't even date a lady who doesn't have a mind of her own, not to talk of marrying her. lipsrsealed

She will be ever ready to be influenced and manipulated by external forces, there by denying the home the needed peace..Her type ga wu ndi ma Pastor said..My mom said, my Aunt said...no no no way.

She should wait for a man with her kind of character.

It is not always Rosy, but a lady I want to marry, putting the preparations on hold, till I apologise to her Aunt undecided For a reason unserious is a total Fucc up.

I have a mind of my own and I wasn't push by anyone. This guy doesn't stay in Lagos. He stays in osun state. And nobody influence me. I was there when he was comuning with my aunt on phone it wasn't as if she reported him to me. This her his supposed in-law to be. I wasn't happy the way he was arguing with her over money issue at the same time mentioning my mum in his conversation.
I think the mind of my own I need to have was to express my mind to him wish I did and it led to this
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Lastpharoah33: 9:57pm On Oct 06, 2022
Samantha123:
Some men want to get involved in their wedding plans and the least the woman could've done is told her fiance about buying the engagement clothes with her aunt so that she may know how he feels about it.

What if he doesn't like those clothes that she and her aunt bought at the end of the day? I mean, it's his wedding too.

How can I like this more than once folks?
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 06, 2022
Wow! Thank you.. smiley smiley
Lastpharoah33:

How can I like this more than once folks?
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 06, 2022
Samantha123:
Maybe your fiance wanted to get involved in buying those engagement clothes with you and the least you could've done is told him about it before you and your aunt got along with it, just so you know how he feels about it.

It's possible that he felt left out and the two of you were supposed to be planning the wedding together... In as much as family members can help, consult with each other first before you make a decision, so that the both of you can know what are your plans.

What if he doesn't like those engagement clothes that you bought? What then? Wouldn't you also get mad if he told you that he didn't like the them?
No, because he doesn't even stays in Lagos. My aunt didn't actually complain about that initially, it was after the argument that she just mentioned it
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by KristaPretty(f): 10:19pm On Oct 06, 2022
I thank God for the guy that he dodged a bullet. He should tell your Aunt thank you for following you to the market to buy your own engagement clothes??

You and your family are looking for who to worship you because he came to marry you?? How did your aunt meddle in such affair of even talking about this and that when you clearly have parents?? Probably she could be the bread winner??

You all are toxic irritants and worse than the Nigerian Economy. I thank God for the wisdom bestowed upon the guy. You are obviously not ready to get married. When you are, your so-called Aunty would feed you a man of her choice that she can be causing confusion and waiting upon to lick her foot.

Bunch of clowns.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by funshint(m): 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2022
Arguing with your parents ke? A bullet just dodged you. You should be rejoicing!

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by bishopjoe02(m): 10:23pm On Oct 06, 2022
He don’t love u, even if he does, u love he more than he loves u
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by NuCypher: 10:24pm On Oct 06, 2022
You were trying to blackmail him. That isn't good. If I were the guy, I'd do the exact same thing. To hell with y'all grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Exceed15: 10:26pm On Oct 06, 2022
The happenings u narrated is a bad omen hence he called off the wedding. Your family will definitely have issue with him after the wedding and he does not want to go through the rough path.I say congratulations to him because it seem you put your family ahead of him. He doesn't want to be controlled.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 06, 2022
But I still think you should have told him first about buying those clothes so that you may know how he feels it.

What if he wanted to find time to go and buy those clothes with you? What if it turned out that he didn't like those clothes? Him not staying in Lagos does not mean he wouldn't find time to come to your place and go and buy those clothes with you.
Gabless:

No, because he doesn't even stays in Lagos. My aunt didn't actually complain about that initially, it was after the argument that she just mentioned it
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by noble2faith(m): 10:28pm On Oct 06, 2022
GboyegaD:
You are the one I should ask if you are ready for marriage. I wonder how you allowed people get into your head. You said he argued with your aunt, and you were pained. Should he keep quiet if he's not okay with whatever the cause of the argument was because he wants a marriage?

I don't even understand how your aunt was pissed that he didn't call to thank her for taking you to the market to buy the engagement clothes. Was he the one who suggested you approach your aunt to help you? If he is not, then he doesn't owe her that obligation. If he chooses to say thank you, so be it and if he doesn't, no big deal.

Lastly, your parent's (mom in particular) reservation indirectly beclouded your thought and you suggesting you put the wedding on hold gave him the opportunity to think through the entire thing. Perhaps, you guys were going on a fast lane and that statement made him think and also, have conversation with his folks who might have felt with this much troubles from external influences before the wedding, he should just save his head.

Like the Yorubas will say, "Oju to ma ba ni kale, kin ti a ti owuro se pin" implying, whatever would last long doesn't stress you from inception. You both are lucky in your ways and you both should see it as each party is right with his/her decision.

I just needed to add this, in your next relationship (whether he comes back or a new relationship), remember you both are the prize and treat each other that way. If he doesn't treat you like a prize or you can't treat him as one, please, be quick to move. Don't be carried away by the people of the world who have no place in your home. Imagine some telling you to do thanksgiving when you were the one who put the wedding on hold should tell you they are like dance instructors who teaches you to dance but will never borrow you their legs to do the dance.

You are a fool! I believe you have a sister. Pray that your sister should end up with a man that will not regard your family. You this alpha fool (alpha male) and redfooler (redpiller) have used what ought have been your commonsense to hate the female gender.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by forerunner022(m): 10:28pm On Oct 06, 2022
You didn't tell how old he is. Although wisdom is not determined by age, but age is a factor in determining maturity. Anyways there's this saying, " a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. " Truth is you guys did not really go deep enough for you to understand yourselves. Or he was pretending to be a cool guy until circumstances proved otherwise. But I will not really fault him base on this one-sided narrative. e fit be say d way ur people take dey talk to am nor still gel. Anyhow, just thank God for everything. Maybe you guys are not meant for each other and there's a way destiny play certain unforseen roles in our lives. I wish you the best of love.

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by funshint(m): 10:28pm On Oct 06, 2022
bigl:

Madam, pls put love aside.

Your guy has ego and behavioural problem.

And that's a super red flag.

I'll advise, if u still want to go ahead, to pls resolve this your fear about the future with him.... speak your mind and lay all cards on the table and reshuffle it ... if na so e wan dey do hin own things, omo, its a no go area.... i'm a father and husband but i won't advise anyone to marry such a kind of guy who don't know how to lower his shoulders/ego and say sorry/apologize or be appreciative
Not even a simple talk can change that man. He has deep character flaws. Marrying into such family will be like sentencing yourself into prison. No matter what could have happened, nothing should warrant him arguing with your aunt.... that's a big red flag! You will surely regret the rest of your life if you marry into such a toxic family.

7 Likes

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Unitedabby(m): 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

You rang him back after two weeks undecided for two weeks... good two weeks he didn't call. His mum didn't call.. His siblings didn't call undecided

You had to ring him.. so if he had agreed on pushing through with the wedding you would have said yes undecided

Iswear dawadawa expensive pass you (pissed) You're too spot on jare!triple mmuack!!! for you grin

You should be jubilating... get heaven dust, four cans of budweiser, a pack of dunhil and if you can afford captain Morgan... make yourself happy.. heaven just saved/liberated you from a curse

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Finore(m): 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
My dear, God has delivered you and your family From pain and sorrow, especially you, you are the one that would have lived with him,he under values your parents, so much disrespect to them, too bad, he never really loved you !!! Go and do Thanksgiving. Even if he comes back don't ever accept him.. your God is alive.. Celebrate Jesus!!!!
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by thinkmoney(m): 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
ahnie:
Ekwueme!Ekwueme!!
You're the living God oh
Eze no one like you.

That wasn't just a song,there lies the answers you seek.

A quick reminder as a brain teaser,that song up there was sang by osinachi.
God bless you friend...the best response to an issue I have seen this year.
Which presidential aspirant are you supporting? I want to check something?
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Treadway: 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gabless, he is not fully grown or ready to take a wife yet, let him be. Saying thank you or not, no be the issue. The issue is he sees nothing wrong with being crass with his would-be in-laws, and he hasn't even taken the bride yet. Not a good look. When I was about to get married, I wasn't agreeing to everything my in-laws tabled/ required/ suggested. I was prepared to compromise on some, let my parents handle some, have my way on some, but in all this there was no bickering or arguing with the in-laws. That is in very very bad taste.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Blessing Okoro: A Lot Of Married Women Are Sex Starved - Relationship Expert / When A Wife Returns After Separation / A Week After We Got Married.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.